A Daily Occurrence

by Meghann on February 24, 2011

Caught!

Maddie!!

What you probably don’t realize is that this is a daily occurrence. I’m ashamed to admit that most mornings Maddie gets a bite of my breakfast before I do. She’s a quick one, but I love her anyways.

I should probably also admit that I’ve been to known to photoshop dog fur out of my food photos. The girl sheds more than any other dog I’ve ever met. I really have no idea how she still has any fur on her!

No dog hair photoshopping this morning – that you know of πŸ˜‰ – but I did have a glorious jar of overnight oats to dig into. This was my last of many ‘almost gone’ jars that I am eating my way through before I move. Now instead of moving 8 jars of nut butter next weekend, I’m only moving 5.

In the mix

• 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Almond Milk
  • Peanut Butter
  • Cinnamon
  • Chia Seeds
  • Raisins

On top

I was able to squeeze in a 5 mile run this morning. I had plans of doing a mini bootcamp afterwards, but the morning got away from me! πŸ™‚

Have a great Thursday everyone!

1 Karolina February 24, 2011 at 9:30 am

Growing up, my cat almost always got to my food before I did. Now, when I go visit my parents, I usually hold him while I eat…and of course that means the occasional piece of cat hair in the food. But, we love our pets, so it makes it ok:) Your breakfast looks AMAZING!
Karolina recently posted..The Experience of Suffering and Loss

2 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 24, 2011 at 9:32 am

My cat Casper does the same thing. I’m pretty sure he thinks he’s a dog- he also loves the taste of almond milk!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Fruit and Cereal

3 kathleen February 24, 2011 at 9:34 am

Maybe maddie and I should hang out. I shed like a crazy person. I think its after baby hormones er at least that’s what I keep telling myself.
kathleen recently posted..Look who came in with the laundry

4 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food February 24, 2011 at 9:40 am

A 5 mi run is basically a bootcamp all on it’s own πŸ™‚

Your breakfast looks delish!
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..A Manly Meal

5 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 24, 2011 at 9:42 am

Haha my cat does the same thing every morning too. Annoying, but gotta love her. πŸ˜‰

6 Fit Chick Britt February 24, 2011 at 9:44 am

Hah! My dog does this too… with my Hubby’s food. He shares everything with her though…
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..So you wanna know more about Britt

7 kristy @ kristyruns.com February 24, 2011 at 9:47 am

Mmmm! Those oats look great! Awww Maddie! She can do no wrong. πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..To Skirt Or Not To Skirt

8 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run February 24, 2011 at 9:55 am

I hope you have before and after pictures of your pantry. Why those pictures interest me…I know not. But they do!

Are you saving a bunch of money by not hitting up the store all the time these past couple weeks? πŸ™‚

9 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 24, 2011 at 9:57 am

My parents have two cats and their hair gets on everything! And surprisingly, the short hair cat sheds more than the furry one!
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Vegas Eats

10 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 24, 2011 at 9:57 am

That looks delicious! I’m not surprised that Maddie went straight for it! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Yay x2

11 Ashley February 24, 2011 at 10:06 am

Aw maddies so cute, and your breakfast looks delicious! If you need help with the nut butter eating, I’ll volunteer. πŸ˜€

12 Tara February 24, 2011 at 10:15 am

Maddie is so cute! We adopted a puppy from the SPCA in November and they didn’t know the breed of his parents.. every time I see pics of Maddie, it’s a spitting image of our new dog, except ours is more yellow than white. They are definitely from the same family πŸ™‚

13 Kara February 24, 2011 at 10:21 am

I use a Furminator on my dog and that makes a huge difference for shedding. It comes in small Maddie size too!
Kara recently posted..My baby is a Gerber junkie

14 Mia February 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Love the furminator! I have a lab mix and it works great on her.

As for Maddie stealing food, have you tried using a spray bottle with some water in it? a spritz of water in the face is enough to deter a dog from stealing your breakfast… Another humane trick is to make a loud noise everytime she does something undesireable.

15 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 24, 2011 at 10:23 am

Aw, Maddie is a little sneaky! πŸ™‚

16 Carolyn @ lovinlosing February 24, 2011 at 10:24 am

Goodness. My rottweiler/lab mix sheds terribly and it’s so embarassing. There’s dog hair everywhere!
Carolyn @ lovinlosing recently posted..Girl’s Night

17 Beth @ DiningAndDishing February 24, 2011 at 10:31 am

too cute! my sister’s kitten does the same thing. she has been known on several occassions to leap into my food from the other counter while i’m taking photos :).
Beth @ DiningAndDishing recently posted..Pancake Photo Shoot!

18 Ali @ Ali Runs February 24, 2011 at 10:41 am

My dog does the same thing. If you leave your food alone for one minute she’s all over it. Even if you just turn your head. Ahh well πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Hair Today- Gone Tomorrow

19 Lily February 24, 2011 at 10:53 am

LOL my Jack Russell sheds like no other also. I go home for lunch every day and my baby girl always gets a bite…I can’t help it.

20 Biz February 24, 2011 at 11:05 am

One thanksgiving I was putting our turkey on the table, went back into the kitchen for the last of the side dishes while rounding everyone up – came back and our cat was licking the top of the bird! It’s a running joke in our family even though the cat has been dead for 15 years!
Biz recently posted..Skinny Chicken Pesto Meatballs

21 sarah (sarah learns) February 24, 2011 at 11:12 am

haha, maddie! that totally reminds me of my dog, capone. he doesn’t steal bites though, just gets all up in the food and sniffs it to death. silly pups! πŸ™‚
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..mixed bean soup recipe

22 Runeatrepeat February 24, 2011 at 11:26 am

I’m just here for the shuttle launch… I’ll be checking periodically πŸ™‚
Runeatrepeat recently posted..BodyBugg Initial Thoughts

23 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy February 24, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Ha! This is a daily occurrence for me too–only with a kitty instead of dog! πŸ˜‰

24 Courtney February 24, 2011 at 12:49 pm

My dog used to climb up on the table and snack away, as well! From the comments, it seems like we’ve all been there, experienced that, haha. The joys of being a pet owner. πŸ™‚

(By the way, I have been following, and laughing along with, your blog for a while now, but just got around to creating my own blog and commenting.. Hope I’m not too creepy or anything!)

25 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather February 24, 2011 at 1:00 pm

My cat jumps up and sneaks my food too! Hehe my dogs a bit too big though.

26 LauraLee February 24, 2011 at 1:04 pm

My Boston Terrier, Taco is the same way, he has even pulled a kale chip off my dinner plate! My husband claims he does not feed Taco oranges and peanuts while studying in the office so Tacos food stealing can’t be explained. πŸ˜‰

27 Clare @ Fitting It All In February 24, 2011 at 1:10 pm

So awesome that you brought Ben! I’m dying to get my gym going boyfriend to Bikram..I think he’d realize how much stretching he needs to be doing!

28 Lauren @Hungry Dancer February 24, 2011 at 2:01 pm

My dog is always trying to get a bite before me!!! Little crazy pups!!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..Almond Butta

29 Kacy February 24, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Haha, when it’s your pet it doesn’t count πŸ™‚
Kacy recently posted..A letter to my lost self

30 Rachel Wilkerson February 24, 2011 at 2:56 pm

My dog does this too but I try to avoid it happening at ALL costs (push in the chairs so he can’t jump up, set my food on the counter if I have to go to the bathroom) but when it happens, I just toss the food. I mean, love my dog but I’ve seen how he cleans himself and BLECH. Not in my oatmeal.
Rachel Wilkerson recently posted..Favor FAVE

31 ashley February 24, 2011 at 3:10 pm

have i been totally out of the loop?? is there a trader joe’s near orlando???

32 ashley February 24, 2011 at 3:12 pm

have i been totally out of the loop? do we have a trader joe’s near orlando??

33 erica February 24, 2011 at 3:13 pm

maddie is such a cutie! πŸ™‚
erica recently posted..a case of the tuesdays…

34 Bridget@PavementandPlants February 24, 2011 at 3:23 pm

That makes me stomach hurt just looking at it. Ick

35 Bridget@PavementandPlants February 24, 2011 at 3:24 pm

*my

36 Meredith February 24, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Ew. What is really disturbing is that you stopped to take a picture of her eating your food (thus, encouraging her to do it) instead of shooing her away and subsequently throwing out the food. I used to let my dog lick the spoon after I dished peanut butter, but then it goes into the dishwasher. Like Rachel sad above, I’ve seen how dogs clean themselves and I don’t want their spit all over my food.
Meredith recently posted..Single Gal Survival- How to Fix Your Dishwasher sorta

37 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 24, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Haha, my bird has discovered he is the perfect height to climb into our bowls, so we always have to shoo him away πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..It Wasn’t a PR…

38 Meredith February 24, 2011 at 6:03 pm

breakfast looks amazing! how sweet that you let maddie share πŸ™‚
Meredith recently posted..15 weeks

39 Kristina @ spabettie February 24, 2011 at 7:04 pm

OMG this is THE CUTEST !! πŸ™‚ I love it… and that looks delicious!
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..raw apple crisp

40 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 24, 2011 at 8:09 pm

We have less dog hair on everything than I would have thought with our shedding dog! I’ve never had to photoshop out dog hair, but I’m sure there will be a day!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..five year time warp