more ยป" />

The Recipe Page is Back!

by Meghann on February 23, 2011

Look what I finally did!

RecipePageScreenShot.jpg

I finished the Recipe Page!!!

I’ve only been promising one since I switched over to MealsAndMiles.com last September. No biggie.

Now, it’s up and I hope you guys enjoy it! I had to dig through my archives to try and make some sense out of which recipes to feature. I *think* I got them all, but if there are any missing that you know of please feel free to let me know! :)

You can access the Recipe Page underneath the Favorite Posts tab up ^above ^ in the future. While you’re there check out my Race Recaps, Travels, On the Job, and Ben & Ashley’s Wedding pages. Aren’t organized pages fun?

Unfortunately you will not find today’s lunch on the Recipe Page. Limited fridge resources have limited me from being too creative or adventurous in the kitchen. For now I need to stick with that I know. :)

And what I know is a bagel with peanut butter and apple slices (or carrots) is an easy, fun lunch that satisfies by sweet tooth and my belly.

The bagel was an Alternative Bagel from a package that was BOGO free at Publix a few weeks ago (I froze them so they would keep longer). The bagels are about half the size of regular bagels, but if you’re not looking for that heavy, carb-overload bagel rush, they’re the perfect size. :)

On the side I had a Peach Chobani with a serving of Kashi Go Lean Crisp.

I had a log talk with someone at Social Fresh yesterday about the glorious wonder that is Greek Yogurt. It’s a great source of protein and if you stick to the plain (whoopsie!) it’s really low in sugar and good for you. All I eat is Greek yogurt and I would find it hard to eat anything else. :)

I’m heading to Starbucks for my ‘afternoon office’ then – you won’t believe this – I’ve talked my little brother (!!) into attending a Hot Yoga class with me. I can’t wait to see how he likes it!

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 23, 2011 at 2:53 pm

YAY! I’m so glad you added the recipes – I’m totally going to check it out now! I could go on for ages about how wonderful Greek yogurt is too, although I’ve never tried Chobani! We just seem to have one brand here that I buy (Liberte) and it’s great but I want to see what all the Chobani fuss is about too!

2 melissa February 23, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Great job meghann! Excited to check it out!

3 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers February 23, 2011 at 3:17 pm

woo! so glad you added this page! i hope you and your brother have fun at yoga tonight! :)

4 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 23, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I love carrots + raisins — what a good idea to get some veggies in on your bagel.

5 Hope February 23, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I can’t wait to check out your recipe page! Have fun at yoga tonight with your brother!! :)

6 Emily February 23, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I’ve never thought about putting carrots on top of my pb bagel! Great idea! I’ll have to try it! YUM!

7 Lizzy February 23, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Hi Meghann! I just got a garmin 205 (the one you have i believe) and i know you have a mac, and i got the CD that comes with it and such and i was wondering if you’ve ever plugged your garmin into your computer to get all your stats and such? Thanks!!!

8 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life February 23, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Very nice. I really like the blue on your site, by the way.

9 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 23, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Yay for recipes!! I’m excited to hear how hot yoga goes with your brother tonight!

10 Sarah for Real February 23, 2011 at 3:50 pm

You crack me up. Everything you eat is sweet! I’m totally a savory-flavor person so I really notice all the sweet-flavors in your food. Every meal!

11 Ashley February 23, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Lunch looks good and creative to me! Ive never put carrots on a bagel. Have fun at yoga!

12 Marg February 23, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Love how you have it organized. I was working on mine earlier today too.

13 Erika @ FoodFitnessFun February 23, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I always wondered why you didn’t have a recipe page. Can’t wait to check it out!

14 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 23, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Argh you just reminded me that my recipe page is in serious need of an update!

15 Maren February 23, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I’m all about quick lunches lately. Todays was a granola bar and tub of yogurt. Sometimes meals just need to satisfy and taste good.

16 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) February 23, 2011 at 4:23 pm

My husband has been joining me for hot yoga the last couple of times, and he was just complaining this morning how sore he was.

17 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 23, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I’m excited for the recipe tab! You always have such great food! :D

18 Sherry S February 23, 2011 at 4:51 pm

So happy to see the recipes back:)

19 rebecca lustig February 23, 2011 at 5:08 pm

you are transforming your brother from one race to the next yoga class! ha

20 Stephanie @ Living and Loving February 23, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I love Chobani. Love.

Hope your bro likes the yoga :)

21 Katie @ running4cupcakes February 23, 2011 at 6:25 pm

LOVE chobani – I had peach for lunch today too!

22 Hilary February 23, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I never would have thought to put carrot slices and pb on a bagel…neat idea!

23 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 23, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I love Greek yogurt too. I buy it plain, but I add sweetener :) I can’t stand plain yogurt, unless I’m using it instead of sour cream!

24 Teresa @ Teresa Tastes & Travels February 23, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Excellent addition! That’ll come in handy for sure. :D

25 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 23, 2011 at 7:33 pm

greek yogurt is so good! i could never go back.

26 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) February 23, 2011 at 7:37 pm

After eating only Greek yogurt for the past couple of years, I had a bite of Yoplait recently and almost gagged. It used to be my favorite yogurt but I couldn’t believe how sweet and fake tasting it was!

27 Ali @ Ali Runs February 23, 2011 at 8:24 pm

I love how organized your blog is. Sometimes when I need a little inspiration I read some of your race recaps! :)

28 Melissa February 23, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Oh Hot YOGA is amazing!!! He’ll love it! The sammich also looks delicious :)

29 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner February 23, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I’d never thought of slicing a carrot and putting it on a sandwich. LOVE IT!

YAY for yoga! :D

xoxox,
Kathleen

30 Ashley February 23, 2011 at 10:49 pm

I feel like my brother would be the one convincing me to go to a yoga class! Hope he had fun :)

31 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 24, 2011 at 12:29 am

I love Greek yogurt! Took a while though. I love mixing it in my mac and cheese too. :-)

32 Kacy February 24, 2011 at 9:19 am

It took me a while to find love for the Greek yog, but now it’s the only kind I eat. Love it.

33 Emily February 28, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Thanks for snackin’ with us! And great post on Social Fresh- I read that as well. There were some really useful tips in there I’m sure your readers were grateful to be able to take away. As always, you’re a lovely resource, Meghann. Thanks again!

Best,