It’s Wednesday?

by Meghann on February 23, 2011

Good Morning Lovelies. πŸ™‚

First of all… How did it get to be Wednesday already? Spending the first two days of the week out of town at a conference really makes the week fly by! πŸ™‚

Second… I was chomping at the bit to wake up and run this morning. I’m eager for some Yoga or Dance Trance later this evening, but a lovely four mile run was just what I needed to clear my head and digest all the knowledge I gained over the last two days.

I seriously have my best ideas when I run. I tend to pre-write a lot of blog posts or various business plans in my head – the only problem is remembering them when I finish. I need to start running with a recording device, maybe one that’s connected to my ipod earbuds somehow? Sure, I’ll look like a nut running and talking to myself, but I’m pretty sure I look like a nut anyways. πŸ™‚

T-minus 10 days until I move.

T-minus two 1/2 boxes of cereal to eat my way through before go time!

This morning’s cereal mix

• 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cheerios
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • 1/4 cup Nuts About Granola Plain Jane Granola
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Fig Jam (finished the jar – one less thing to move πŸ™‚ )
  • Plum

I may not have been a big fan of the Nuts About Granola Chocolate Mint Cookie flavor, but I am now in love the Plain Jane Peanut Butter flavor.

The Peanut Butter Granola was very moist and heavy on the peanut butter flavor. It tasted very fresh and was a wonderful addition to my morning bowl of cereal. Loved it!

I owe you guys quite a bit of posts!

• Six Week Six Pack Challenge Follow Up
  • What I learned at Social Fresh
  • A Recipe Page
  • Project Move & Mix: DIY and Improvement Blogroll <– got anything you want to add to the list?
  • Etc.

Lots to do. Better get to it!

1 Hope February 23, 2011 at 9:41 am

I love that bowl! It’s so pretty! Plus, the cereal mix makes it look even better! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Missed Memo &amp New Coffee Machine…

2 Meghann February 23, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Thanks! I think the bowl was from JoAnn’s

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 23, 2011 at 9:58 am

That bowl is so pretty! Reminds me of spring… I hope it’s coming soon! Have a great (and productive) day Meghann! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Yay x2

4 kristy @ kristyruns.com February 23, 2011 at 9:59 am

Only 10 days? Whew! Good luck!! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..To Skirt Or Not To Skirt

5 melissa February 23, 2011 at 10:01 am

I love writing posts in my head while running! It only happens when I run outside though, never on the treadmill.

6 Meredith February 23, 2011 at 10:21 am

You always make the most delicious looking cereal bowls! I have attempted to reproduce them at home but they never look quite the same. How do you think of your various combinations? Is it just sort of whatever you have on hand? Good luck with the packing/moving! I have been living with my now husband (boyfriend for 8 years before that!) for going on 4 years after doing the long distance thing during college. Very excited for you!
Meredith recently posted..Winter Blues

7 Meghann February 23, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I just go with whatever looks good in the cabinet/fridge. There’s really no other planning involved. πŸ™‚

8 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun February 23, 2011 at 10:22 am

Workouts are my best thinking times too. My not so great thinking times? Mid-night nursings…I come up with some crazy thoughts during those hours sometimes!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Idolizing Our Bodies

9 Meghann February 23, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Haha I remember in college I didn’t have the best ideas between midnight and 3:00am either. πŸ˜‰

10 Ellie @ The Mommyist February 23, 2011 at 10:37 am

I don’t understand how people keep boxes of cereal in their cabinets. I can’t even buy it anymore because I eat the whole box in a day or two. I think I have a problem. πŸ™‚
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Nearly Nilla Wafers

11 Mimi February 23, 2011 at 10:40 am

I love making granola with peanut butter as a healthier fat. I can only imagine how delicious this granola is!
Mimi recently posted..Crouching blogger- hidden dragon

12 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 23, 2011 at 10:46 am

Look at all those fun blog posts coming up! πŸ™‚

13 Linzi @ beyond Destination 26.2 February 23, 2011 at 11:04 am

I’m such a runner blogger too! I will pre-write blog posts in my head too…I just try to remember a few key words to remind me what I was thinking about in the first place. I’m super excited to hear about what you learned at your Social Media conference!!
Linzi @ beyond Destination 26.2 recently posted..Snowed In

14 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 23, 2011 at 11:07 am

Happy Wednesday! For me it seems like the week is going by so slow. I think that’s what happens when my days off are broken up. πŸ˜‰
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Vegas Eats

15 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 23, 2011 at 11:10 am

Busy little bee I see! πŸ˜‰ Have a great day!

16 Dori February 23, 2011 at 11:20 am

I have the EXACT same problem when I run! I have the funniest and best ideas and then I forget them all the exact minute I stop. I even included that fact in my online dating profile. I also have thought about running with a recording device (our phones do it but I think there are better options).. although I don’t want people around me to hear me muttering to myself.
Dori recently posted..Mat 57 at Physique 57

17 Fit Chick Britt February 23, 2011 at 11:34 am

I totally think out everything when I run… and then I forget what it was! So excited to hear about a recipe page coming!!

18 SaraRM February 23, 2011 at 11:34 am

I definitely need a recorder for my thought when im running. I wish I could remember half of the ideas I have while on a long run.

19 Caitlin @ TPL February 23, 2011 at 11:47 am

You’re moving March 5th? We’ll be arriving in Tampa on the same day! Have an awesome day, excited for the new posts!
Caitlin @ TPL recently posted..NEDA Friend

20 Rae February 23, 2011 at 11:49 am

LOL, I hear ya! I swear that I cured cancer on a long run, but forgot the solution cause I couldnt write it down πŸ™‚

21 Katherine: Unemployed February 23, 2011 at 11:53 am

where did this awesome flower bowl come from? loving it
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Bon Jovi

22 Meghann February 23, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Thanks! I randomly picked it up at JoAnns one time.

23 skinnyrunner February 23, 2011 at 12:03 pm

i write a lot of my posts in my head when im running.. problem is they’re always kinda sorta dumb (or dumber than what i post now!) so i mentally delete them. i guess running brings out the dumb in me.
skinnyrunner recently posted..β€œQuotes”

24 Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) February 23, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Love the bowl! Having Monday off has really confused me this week…I forgot my spin shoes for teaching my spin class last night, but managed with normal tennis shoes, and almost forgot my mat and workout clothes for Pilates today! It’s amazing how one day off can throw off our schedules and brains so much!

haha, I write blog posts in the car, while working out, and mostly in the shower! Most of them never make it to the blog world though…I get distracted and am onto the next thought before I reach my computer in the morning…
Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) recently posted..A Hearty Vegan dinner

25 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 23, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Where did you get the Fig Jam? Do you think you could make it at home? or do you have to get it at the store?
Kathleen @ Kat’s Health Corner recently posted..Ask Me ANYTHING

26 Meghann February 23, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I bought the jar from Whole Foods a while back. It had an orange top and was by the fancy cheeses. I’m sure you can make it, but I’ve never tried πŸ™‚

27 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 23, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Thanks! πŸ˜€
Kathleen @ Kat’s Health Corner recently posted..Ask Me ANYTHING

28 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 23, 2011 at 12:39 pm

This week is flying by for me too! Thank you President’s Day!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..guest post- tina @ faith fitness food

29 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm

My head feels so clear after a run — sometimes I wish I could take a mid-work run — I’d probably be more productive if I did!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..February Goals Update

30 Ashley February 23, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I love DIY and design blogs! I’m looking forward to your list! I’m sure you can eat all that cereal. You’re a cereal eating beast! Have a good day!
Ashley recently posted..Cause They Love Me

31 Kara February 23, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I have that same problem, except I come up with the good idea when I’m in the shower! πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Marine Corps baby

32 Courtney February 23, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I (like so many others) LOVE that bowl! Do you remember where you got it?? By the way, LOVE your blog too!:)

33 Meghann February 23, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Thanks! It’s from JoAnn’s. I find the most random/best stuff there.

34 Kacy February 23, 2011 at 2:41 pm

This week is going by crazy fast! I am looking forward to a calming run this evening!
Kacy recently posted..A letter to my lost self

35 Biz February 23, 2011 at 2:48 pm

This week is slow and fast for me – I am back to work this week while my husband is still in the hospital – work goes by in a flash and then time seems to stand still when I am at the hospital!

Maybe you could make some sort of bars out of the leftover cereal?!

So exciting – 10 days!
Biz recently posted..Skinny Chicken Pesto Meatballs

36 Brenna February 23, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Me too, I do my best thinking while running. Also while Im trying to fall asleep! I wish the second one wasnt true…

37 Ali @ Ali Runs February 23, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I always get ideas for school when I’m running. I have my first client for speech therapy this semester and my head is always so clear when I’m running which helps me get the most creative ideas. Love it!! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Hair Today- Gone Tomorrow

38 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 23, 2011 at 9:02 pm

haha i love your recording ideas idea. who cares if you look crazy!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..man candy

39 Mac February 24, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Can’t wait to hear about the blog improvement tips and what you learned at Social Fresh!
Mac recently posted..Cram- Cram- Cram