Time To Get My Fresh On

by Meghann on February 22, 2011

Holla!!!!

Welcome to Social Fresh Day #2!

Today I’ll be taking on the role of volunteer as well as attentive attendee.

My duties include building banners

IMG_4720.JPG IMG_4721.jpg IMG_4722.JPG

…taking photos, handing out name badges, and learning what ever I can learn in the process. Love it!

The best stuff I’ve learned has actually been behind the scenes. Chatting with the event coordinators and other local Social Media enthusiasts volunteers has been invaluable. Volunteering rocks!

We decided not to take any chances this morning and opted to have breakfast at Derek’s before we headed to the conference. Luckily, our instincts were spot on when all we were greeted with at the conference was coffee and hot tea.

Major bonus points to Derek for stocking his fridge with fresh fruit and yogurt before we arrived.

I found a packet of instant oatmeal in the cabinet and decided to get a little creative.

I mixed the instant oatmeal with a generous portion of plain yogurt then topped it with fresh berries, peanut butter, and 1/8 of a Pecan Praline Muffin Derek had picked up at Publix (tasted like a sugar bomb. A delicious crazy, intense sugar bomb πŸ™‚ )

My faux overnight instant oats was amazing. Katy and I bot agreed the key to overnight oats is cinnamon and peanut butter. If you have that – you’re golden!

The sessions have started. Time to get my learn on!!

1 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 22, 2011 at 9:48 am

Have fun! Volunteering does rock, you get so many more “connections”
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..EVOL Is Over- So Catch Up With ELT!

2 Hope February 22, 2011 at 9:51 am

Breakfast looks yummy! Have fun today!! πŸ™‚

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 22, 2011 at 9:51 am

Have a great day Meghann! Sounds like you’re having a great time!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Yay x2

4 alison February 22, 2011 at 9:52 am

I mix instant oatmeal with yogurt a lot. It makes for a very quick overnight oats.
Have a great day at the conference!
alison recently posted..Guilt and Couches

5 Kaitlin February 22, 2011 at 9:56 am

You guys look adorable in the first pic! Have fun learning all you can πŸ™‚
Kaitlin recently posted..Wild Weather Weekend

6 skinnyrunner February 22, 2011 at 10:08 am

dang mama, you look super svelte in that first picture! (who uses the word “svelte” anyways?!)
skinnyrunner recently posted..Bear with the ugliness

7 Kelly February 22, 2011 at 10:32 am

PB + yogurt is sooo good. I don’t know why no one has made PB flavored yogurt yet!
Kelly recently posted..Coconut giveaway – week 4

8 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 22, 2011 at 10:43 am

Have fun! You look so adorable in the first picture!

9 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) February 22, 2011 at 10:53 am

Have a great day! Can’t wait to see what you learn!
Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) recently posted..Drinking from a jug

10 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 22, 2011 at 11:05 am

Great breakfast! Have fun at the conference today!

11 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 22, 2011 at 11:12 am

Have fun at the conference today! I agree that volunteering your time is a great way to learn new things — enjoy!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..February Goals Update

12 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food February 22, 2011 at 11:33 am

Have fun at the conference!
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Chocolate Bacon and Axe Throwing

13 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 22, 2011 at 11:35 am

Muffins are awesome on top of oats πŸ™‚ Have fun today!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..It Wasn’t a PR…

14 Megan February 22, 2011 at 11:41 am

Sounds like a great day! Have fun!

I love those jeans – where did you get them?

15 Kara February 22, 2011 at 11:47 am

That’s sweet that Derek stocked up for you! My husband used to do that for me when we were dating and he lived a few hours away πŸ™‚ He always had bananas and Diet Pepsi for me (so healthy, right?)
Kara recently posted..Book review and Marine Corps Marathon 2011

16 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner February 22, 2011 at 11:49 am

Isn’t peanut butter the key to everything?

17 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] February 22, 2011 at 11:51 am

That’s so cute! l ooks like you’re having fun!
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..stylish blogger

18 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life February 22, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Love those banners! So fresh!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Etsy- How did I not know

19 Ashley February 22, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I’ve always put cinnamon and peanut butter in my oats. πŸ™‚ You look like you’re having a lot of fun and learning some great things you’re gonna share (Right? right? πŸ˜‰ ) Love the first pic.

20 Emily February 22, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Love your blog! Oats look amazing!

21 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 22, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I LOVE strawberries!!!! πŸ˜€
Kathleen @ Kat’s Health Corner recently posted..Ask Me ANYTHING

22 Lauren @Hungry Dancer February 22, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I would love to try volunteering at conferences! It seems like a great way to learn!! (and get free admission!)
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..OIAJ!

23 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 22, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Looks like you’re having an amazing time! I think I need to look around for more volunteering opportunities. πŸ™‚
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Vegas Eats

24 Kacy February 22, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Love the shirts! Derek kind of rocks πŸ™‚
Kacy recently posted..A letter to my lost self

25 Amanda (Eating Up) February 22, 2011 at 5:57 pm

That sounds like my usual hotel breakfast haha!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Baked Brownies

26 Mac February 22, 2011 at 11:51 pm

I love having over night oats with packaged oatmeal, it’s really the only way I DO like it! If I try to eat flavored oatmeal packets I find myself gagging because it’s always too sweet!
Mac recently posted..VO2 Max