So Long Social Fresh!

by Meghann on February 22, 2011

‘Twas another information overload this afternoon.

Four sessions, a networking cocktail hour, and a 2 hour drive home with my favorite social media buddy… my brain hurts now – in a totally awesome way, of course.:)

I learned a little bit about other social media avenues I’m not very familiar with (such as the exploding trend of location check ins’) and heard how other community managers are handling their, well, communities. All fascinating stuff that definitely made me think!

There was a sponsored ‘Cookies and Milk’ break around 3:00.

I know, I know – enough with the cookies!

Luckily, it wasn’t the cookies that caught my attention here – it was the big, beautiful strawberries that lined the cookies that had me drooling.

I grabbed a napkin full of strawberries – along with a bite of cookie – to satisfy that mid-afternoon sweet tooth attack.

The conference ended with a final cocktail send off for the masses.

Look – VEGGIES! They do exist!

Katy and I had a long drive ahead of us, so I gave away my free drink ticket and grabbed a plate of veggies instead.

I was seriously lacking on the veggie intake today!

We stayed and chatted for a bit (I made some really great Tampa contacts at the event and they all really have me excited about moving to the area in the next couple of weeks!) then Katy and I hit the road for the 1.5 hour drive back to Orlando.

Starbucks was a must!

IMG_4751.jpg

(We probably had too much fun giving away fake names. Renene anyone? πŸ˜‰ )

That was a Grande Awake Tea Latte with one pump of Hazelnut. Yum!

As Katy and I were leaving Allie (another volunteer) asked us if we were friends in real life. We both looked at each other and laughed. Of course we’re friends in real life! Katy and I met through our blogs over two years and since then we’ve kept in touch through blogs, mutual interests, twitter, e-mails, g-chat sessions, etc. Katy is truly one of my top friends and every time we’re together I have a blast.

Because Katy and I have so much in common, the ride home truly flew by. One conversation led to another and then another and another and before I knew it we were hunting down a restroom two exits away from my apartment. We were honestly so busy talking, we didn’t realize both of our bladders were about to explode. You haven’t lived until you’ve run into a Home Depot, about ready to pee your pants, aggressively shouting for directions to the restroom. πŸ™‚

Thanks for being such a great friend Katy! Nothin’ but <3 for you and all you do!

I walked in my door exhausted, giddy, and ready for dinner.

Pickings were slim, but I did pull together and easy meal of leftovers in the fridge.

It’s not pretty, but it was tasty.

On the bottom there was 1/2 of a regular potato topped with some pinto beans and a little blue cheese. Simple, tasty, and filling.

For dessert I had two Valentine’s Day Godiva chocolates and a bite of an Oatmeal Bar.

Maddie wanted me to put out a huge shout to our friend Megan for taking the time to watch her this weekend.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Megan for dog sitting Maddie while I was away. You rock!

To see what Maddie was up to while I was at Social Fresh, check out Megan’s blog post!

1 Ashley February 22, 2011 at 9:34 pm

mmm chocolate chip cookies..look delicious! Can’t wait to hear about what you learned!
Ashley recently posted..Mood Busters

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 22, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I saw Megan’s post already – looks like Maddie had a wonderful time with her! It’s great that you were able to make some Tampa contacts – network, network!

3 Kaitlin February 22, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Yum! What a fun conference. And great idea going for the strawberries instead of the giant cookies!
Kaitlin recently posted..Wild Weather Weekend

4 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 22, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Hahaha! I’ve had the same thing happen to me with Home Depot… no joke!
Sounds like a fantastic time and I’m glad that you made some contacts down there! πŸ˜€

5 Amanda February 22, 2011 at 9:42 pm

That conference looks like so much fun. I wish I was a little closer and could have taken advantage of that information. I try to catch social media webinars/seminars but I feel like a lot of them are still in the “This is how you make a profile” stage.

…and I have to ask, is that an enormous bowl of mustard next to the veggies?!
Amanda recently posted..My Adult Truths

6 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 22, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Glad the conference was a success!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..EVOL Is Over- So Catch Up With ELT!

7 Amanda @ Eating Up February 22, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Haha I love that they lined the cookies with strawberries.
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Baked Brownies

8 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 22, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Hahahaha I love the Home Depot story. It’s even better when you have to pee on the side of the road πŸ™‚
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Fruit and Cereal

9 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 22, 2011 at 9:55 pm

what an awesome conference!

i would have loved both the cookies AND the strawberries πŸ™‚

and of course, meeting awesome people!
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Willpower &amp Restraint

10 Lauren @Hungry Dancer February 22, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Those strawberries look fantastic!!! (Of coarse the cookies do!!!) Can’t wait to hear more about the conference!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..Green Monster Gone Right

11 Ashley February 22, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Sounds like so much fun! I have had that experience at a Home Depot. Nothing like it :p Have a good night!
Ashley recently posted..Cause They Love Me

12 Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy February 22, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Love the bowl o’ mustard and the giant mayonnaise-filled martini glass lol
Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy recently posted..Give Spicy Nooch a Chance

13 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 22, 2011 at 11:49 pm

I loved giving fake names at Starbucks. I was always Riley. πŸ™‚

Can’t wait to hear all about the conference!
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Vegas Eats

14 BIOCHEMISTA February 23, 2011 at 1:18 am

Holy cookie mountain! Looks like a good experience and fun time. Always better with a good chat fest πŸ˜‰
BIOCHEMISTA recently posted..Like me and win free stuff

15 Grace February 23, 2011 at 6:43 am

Looks like you had a great time! I love friends who you can just talk to for hours! and I’m pretty sure I’ve run into lots of odd places just to use the restroom. I feel like I could tell you where the bathroom is in pretty much every place I’ve ever been because it never fails…I walk out my door, running behind most likely, and have to go.
Grace recently posted..In the next 30 days…

16 whitney @ whitney's blogtastic blog February 23, 2011 at 6:47 am

I’ve seen people doing those location check ins and I always think to myself, “I hope nobody robs you since you’re letting everyone know you aren’t home!”

Also, I was wondering if you were going to do a section on “My Tampa” just like you did with “My Orlando”. I’m wondering because there is a chance we may be moving to Tampa this summer!!
whitney @ whitney’s blogtastic blog recently posted..Get Your Green On

17 Lauren February 23, 2011 at 6:49 am

It’s amazing how you can connect with someone you’ve never really met. I think it’s so natural when I meet other blogger friends in real life because we already have so much in common. Just a natural friendship. πŸ˜‰ Glad you had a great time!
Lauren recently posted..When Will It End

18 Kara February 23, 2011 at 7:24 am

We bought a new house when I got pregnant and ended up going to Lowe’s almost every weekend, so I’m very familiar with running around a large hardware store in search of a bathroom πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Sitting on the edge of my seat

19 katie February 23, 2011 at 7:48 am

katy seems so awesome! Its col how you guys became close friends through blogging : )

Im glad the conference went great, I would love to attend one, such a great place to learn alot and network!
katie recently posted..Joseph Decuis Dinner Date

20 Hope February 23, 2011 at 8:24 am

Those cookies look yummy! It sounds like you had a great time at the conference! Oh, and I love the Home Depot story! Too funny! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Missed Memo &amp New Coffee Machine…

21 Beth @ DiningAndDishing February 23, 2011 at 9:10 am

I feel like non-bloggers always find it so weird that bloggers can be “real life” friends after meeting via the web. But with that shared interests connection already there, the transition is just so easy!
Beth @ DiningAndDishing recently posted..Wine Tasting Party

22 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 23, 2011 at 9:10 am

Those cookies look fabulous — what a fun conference!

I have a few friends I met on an online forum — when we are together you’d never guess that we’ve only seen each other face to face TWICE — it is amazing how close you can get only through email, phone and text.
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..February Goals Update

23 Kacy February 23, 2011 at 10:53 am

The free sweets are one of my favorite parts of conferences, not going to lie πŸ˜‰
That is a great picture of Maddie. She’s got attitude, haha.