more ยป" />

There’s a Whole Other Facebook World Out There

by Meghann on February 21, 2011

Best. Conference. Snack. Ever.

Seriously. When’s the last time you had Cracker Jacks? I almost forgot how much I love them. :)

We had a crash course in Facebook Ads, Content, and Analytics this afternoon. It was intense, but very informative. I plan to do a whole, big recap post of what I learned after I’ve had time to digest it all – maybe Wednesday? -, but I can tell you that after just one day of Social Fresh I’m already rethinking everything I know about Facebook.

What I love about Social Fresh is that it’s a conference for people who already have a grasp on all things social media. It skips the standard ‘this is Social Media’ and ‘this is why it’s important’ and instead dives in on how to track and improve ROI, how to interweave Facebook & Google analytics to your advantage, and how to successfully launch social media campaigns effectively. It makes me happy that some of the stuff is going over my head because it’s making me think just a little bit harder to grasp it and reminds me that I don’t know it all.

There was a networking cocktail hour as soon as the last session broke.

I decompressed from the day with a glass of merlot

IMG_4702.jpg

And talked it up with some lovely IWearYourShirt ladies (Don’t worry Jason. All we did was talk behind your back and make fun. No biggie.)

I also had a few Attune coupons to pass out.

FYI: If you see me around feel free to come say Hi in exchange for free coupons. It is my job to hand them out after all. ;)

Cookie for the road.

A warm Doubletree Cookie. Love!

IMG_4706.jpg

Dinner was on our own tonight.

Katy, Kiran and I wanted something fun, local, and delicious. I don’t know much about Tampa, but I do know Datz fit all three of those component. :)

Datz is known for their sandwiches, but none were really sticking out to me. Instead, the pretzel bits were calling my name.

IMG_4715.jpg

With a side of hummus and veggies.

An odd dinner combination, but it worked. Sometimes appetizers just work. :)

We’re having a blogger sleepover at Derek’s (my new) place tonight. I gave Katy and Kiran the tour (I think they’re the first friends I’ve had over) and it was fun to share my plans in person with friends for the first time. Now, I really can’t wait to dig in with all the redesign projects!

Good Night!

1 Ali @ Ali on the Run February 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Confession: When I travel, I try to stay exclusively at DoubleTree hotels, simply because of those amazing cookies. I’m not ashamed. They’re that good.

Looking forward to reading your Facebook post later this week!

2 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 21, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I kept reading your tweets and they sounded super interesting! Can’t wait to see the wrap up post!

3 Rachel Wilkerson February 21, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Seriously, everything I learn about social media makes me realize how much there is to learn about social media. It’s so crazy and overwhelming, and I could literally read about it all day and never actually go out and do any of it…but it’s also so exciting to be learning more about it!

Looking forward to hearing more about everything you’ve been learning!

4 Meghann February 22, 2011 at 10:00 am

Agree. Agree. Agree!

5 Morgan @ Life After Bagels February 21, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I love when conferences and seminars go into specifics – I’d much rather have really specific topics than the general synopsis of a topic

6 Alaina February 21, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I can’t wait for your recap post! It’d be interesting to find out things about Facebook that I don’t know yet! :-)

7 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 21, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Can’t wait to read your recap. I was following your tweets all day! :D

8 Kelly February 21, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Your hair looks awesome like that! Did you have to use a curling iron or any hair products to do that, or is that how it drys naturally? I love the length and waves you’ve got!

9 megan @ blackberries for jam February 22, 2011 at 8:37 am

I was going to say the same thing! It looks especially lovely in the picture from behind!

10 Meghann February 22, 2011 at 10:01 am

Thanks! I used a curling iron and hairspray. I do a ‘quick’ blowdry where I flip my head over and go crazy then just curl random sections of hair. I have naturally wavy hair, so I’m really just taming it with the curling iron.

11 Fit Chick Britt February 21, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I can’t wait to hear all your information about facebook! Your hair is looking really good today BTW.

12 Meghann February 22, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Thank you!!

13 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 21, 2011 at 11:13 pm

I am so looking forward to your recap of this conference. I’m going to be launching a social media campaign this spring for my job (I work for a non-profit), so I’m anxious to hear your tips!

14 Meghann February 22, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I’ve been talking to a lot of people today about Social Media for non-profits – it’s a fascinating field!

15 RunningOnCoffee February 21, 2011 at 11:14 pm

That cookie looks amazing. I like how they sliced the carrots big like that! Interested to hear what you learned about fb!

16 Amanda @ Eating Up February 21, 2011 at 11:17 pm

What I love about social media is that it is always changing! It’s so exciting to be in a dynamic field!

17 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) February 21, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Double Tree has the BEST cookies!

18 Christine February 21, 2011 at 11:26 pm

I love how Doubletree gives cookies. And if you smile nice and bat your eyes sometimes they’ll give you more after a long night :)

19 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 21, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Cracker jacks totally remind me of being a Girl Scout, for some reason. I think they used to give them out at our dances!

20 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) February 21, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Can’t wait to hear the recap! I really need to understand Google Analytics better!

21 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 21, 2011 at 11:58 pm

Yeah for cookies and veggies! :)

22 Sana February 22, 2011 at 12:53 am

Enjoy the sleepoverrr

23 Lauren February 22, 2011 at 6:44 am

Those cookies sound incredible. I’ve never even heard of Double Tree hotels but now I want to go simply for the cookies.

24 Kara February 22, 2011 at 6:47 am

We always book at Doubletree just for the cookies :)

I can’t wait to read about what you’ve learned!

25 katie February 22, 2011 at 6:53 am

Cracker Jacks were my favorite when I was little, I used to get them in the box , open them, pour them all out and get the little prize they had in each box! That was the best part to me, lol!

Oh how fun you had a blogger sleepover at the Dereks place, Im sure those girls gave you some good designing tips : )

26 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 22, 2011 at 7:08 am

That conference sounds amazing – I would love to hear your recap of everything you have learned!

27 Angela February 22, 2011 at 7:31 am

I heart Datz and Doubletree Cookies. I can’t believe you avoided the sandwiches though! I could never step into that place without having the curry chicken salad sandwich!

28 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 22, 2011 at 7:59 am

I can’t wait to hear the facebook recap!

29 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 22, 2011 at 8:13 am

This conference sounds great!! I can’t wait to hear more about what you learned about Facebook. I hope you had a great blogger sleepover! :)

30 Heather @ Side of Sneakers February 22, 2011 at 8:28 am

Sounds like an awesome conference. It’s hard to find conferences that talk than more about ‘you should use Twitter & Facebook’. If you’re interested enough to go to a conference on social media, you probably got that part down ;) Can’t wait to hear about what you learned!

31 Hope February 22, 2011 at 8:32 am

I love Cracker Jack! I usually always get a bag when I go see a baseball game. They are the best! Oh, and Doubletree cookies! OMG! They are heavenly! I love them! :)

32 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 22, 2011 at 8:49 am

I have such a long ways to go when it comes to Social Media — I need a beginners course :)

I love having sleepovers – I don’t have people stay over often enough.

33 Megan February 22, 2011 at 8:57 am

I love going to conferences!! I’m one of those weirdo people who really enjoy learning and all that stuff and love attending conferences.
If only there was a way to attend for free……AND travel for free. Hmmm…..

34 kalli February 22, 2011 at 8:58 am

gosh sounds like a great conference. good friends and lots of good info! it is so much fun to learn new things :) hope your sleepover went well!

35 Casey February 22, 2011 at 9:04 am

Your hair looks pretty Meghann! :) Looks like you had fun!

36 Kacy February 22, 2011 at 9:32 am

I love cracker jacks. It’s been too long!

37 Ali @ Ali Runs February 22, 2011 at 9:34 am

I really enjoyed following your tweets throughout the day. It’s such a great idea to share/take notes through twitter.

38 Ash February 22, 2011 at 9:36 am

I love your hair style. Do you have to curl it? Or is it naturally wavy?

39 Jamie @ getalivingsense February 22, 2011 at 9:44 am

That sounds like an awesome event! I can’t wait to read your follow up post!

40 sarah (sarah learns) February 22, 2011 at 9:52 am

that conference sounds amazing! i’m glad you’re learning so much & enjoying it. :) i got really excited when i saw your bag of cracker jacks. i honestly forgot those things existed! it’s been years since i’ve even seen a bag.

41 Clare @ Fitting It All In February 22, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Can’t wait for your recap. I’m getting more into social media at work and can always use the tips for my own blog!

42 Allie February 22, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I love those cookies!

43 Anne P February 22, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Awww I miss Datz!! And Tampa!