more ยป" />

Social Fresh

by Meghann on February 21, 2011

Greetings from Social Fresh in Tampa!

I love Social Media conferences! It’s probably the one time where it’s not considered rude to be tweeting/ blogging during presentations. There are probably 200 people in this room and 85% of then have their laptops out. And the #SocialFresh twitter feed? It’s exploding right now!

Today’s sessions didn’t begin until noon, which was nice because it gave us plenty of time this morning for the 2 hour trek from Orlando to Tampa.

The amazing Katy was our driver while Kiran and I played the role of chatty passengers.

IMG_4667.JPG IMG_4669.JPG IMG_4670.JPG

I snacked on a trail mix of Pretzel Goldfish Pretzels and Peanuts on the way.

Thanks to the non-existent President’s Day traffic we made excellent time getting to Tampa.

Love the Social Fresh name tags! :)

I had this whole ‘business’ outfit picked out for today, but at the very last minute decided to go with a look that was more ‘me’ and a heck of a lot more comfortable.

IMG_4673.jpg

It doesn’t scream professional, but it screams I’m young, I’m hip, and I ‘get’ current trends, which I believe believe are the makings of a great social media expert. :)

Lunch wasn’t included today, so Kiran, Katy, and I hit up the hotel sports bar for a quick bite to eat during one of the breaks.

I had the 1/2 chicken sandwich and 1/2 salad combo to tame my growling tummy.

The next session is starting back up!

I have lots to share later about Facebook, but until then can follow me on twitter at @MealsAndMiles or the #SocialFresh hashtag for the latest updates.

Pssstt….

Be sure to check out my latest post for Attune. This month I talk about What Matters the Most is What’s On the Inside!

attune.jpg

1 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food February 21, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Have fun at the conference! Can’t wait to hear more about what you learned.

2 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin February 21, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Wow looks like the conference is a blast so far! I think you made a great choice with your outfit – its adorable!

3 Freya February 21, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Your dress is super pretty!! And what an interesting event :)

4 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) February 21, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Your outfit is really cute! I can’t wait to hear about what you learned during the conference. I am always trying to learn more about social media – it’s so fascinating!

5 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 21, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I love the boots — and to me comfort is a big deciding factor in what I wear.

Have fun at the conference, looks like a great time!

6 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 21, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Oh, what a fun conference (and fellow attendees!). Hope you, Katy & Kiran are having a blast & learning a lot! :)

7 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 21, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Have a good time! And I love your outfit!

8 Jessica @ The Process of Healing February 21, 2011 at 3:13 pm

The outfit is SUPER cute!

9 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 21, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Sounds like fun!! I can’t wait to hear all about what you learned at the conference!

10 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 21, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Sounds like so much fun!!!

11 Ashley February 21, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Have fun at the conference, you’re blowing up my twitter right now with some awesome tips and news.

12 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 21, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I’ve been enjoying reading you and Katy’s tweets during class, I mean, in between classes. ;) Who reads twitter in class? ;)

13 Mimi February 21, 2011 at 5:12 pm

The conference looks great! I was actually looking around for a book on social media at the book store today. Any suggestions?

14 Alaina February 21, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Looks like such a fun conference! I love your outfit too!! Cute boots!! :-)

15 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 21, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Cute outfit! Comfort is way more important than looking professional :)

16 Ali @ Ali Runs February 21, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I really love your boots. Where did you get them?

Also–really enjoyed following your tweets today! Although, I probably didn’t understand a whole lot of them. :)

17 Molly February 21, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I know this is going to sound weird, and maybe I have told you this before, but I love that you eat meat. I know you pick veggie options a lot too (which I love as well) but a chicken sandwich is awesome, especially when you are training for a race…and I know there are healthy ways to do it without meat, but its refreshing to see a blogger do that. It makes me love reading your blog even more. Keep it up!

18 RunningOnCoffee February 21, 2011 at 10:01 pm

if there were a ‘like’ option, I would like this. :)

19 Kacy February 21, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Sounds like a really informative conference. Love your outfit!

20 Kara February 21, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I’ve been enjoying your tweets!

A conference without lunch? Boooo. I except lunch AND snacks when I go to a conference. :)

21 Caitlin @ TPL February 21, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Glad you had a fun time and I totally agree about the outfit, you look adorable!

22 Tracy @ Commit To Fit February 21, 2011 at 8:24 pm

This sounds like a great conference! Do you know if they have one in Canada?

23 Lee February 21, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Sorry I was bombarding you with questions to your tweets. I wish I could have gone to an event like this. I kind of volunteered to become in charge of social media for my company and have no idea what Im doing!

24 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 21, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I love your outfit choice today! So cute!