One Sore Booty

by Meghann on February 20, 2011

10 mile run?

Check!

IMG_4655.jpg

I drove to the other side of town this morning to knock out 10 miles with Megan. I’m running the Disney Princess Half next week and she’s training for a half marathon at the end of March, so it worked out.

My legs and butt were really sore today after the Jackie DVD I completed yesterday. Apparently the DVD was much harder than I first assumed (or I’m just THAT out of shape) because even squatting to tie my shoe was painful. The sore legs made the 10 miler a little harder than I was expecting.

We kept a nice and steady pace – chatting along the way about this and that – and finished our run just before the heat of the sun started to kick in. All and all it was a decent run. Not great, but decent.

Before I left my apartment I had a piece of toast with peanut butter. It held me over pretty well, but by the time we finished I was STARVING. The 30 minute drive back to my apartment was painful. By the time I walked in the door I was ready to eat my arm off.

This was probably the quick batch of oats I’ve ever made.

In the oats mix:

• 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
  • 1/2 cup Almond Milk
  • 1/2 cup Water
  • Chia Seeds
  • Raisins
  • Cinnamon
  • Pinch of Salt
  • Spoonful of Cake Mix (leftover from the cabinet)

On top:

• Apple
  • Granola
  • Peanut Butter

By the time I sat down it was just before 11:00am. That’s probably the latest I’ve ate breakfast in years.

Lots of work to do today!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

1 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 20, 2011 at 11:34 am

I love fall inspired oatmeals. Great job on the long run!! πŸ™‚
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Vegas Eats

2 Marina February 20, 2011 at 11:36 am

I envy your warm weather and the outside run πŸ™‚ Enjoy your Sunday!
Marina recently posted..mush brain

3 sana February 20, 2011 at 11:38 am

Oh no! I guess you did not have any running snacks. Glad you got yummies.
sana recently posted..The Morning Bribe

4 michelle February 20, 2011 at 11:49 am

love the touch of cinnamon. cinnamon makes (almost) everything taste better
michelle recently posted..Nathan Sports Giveaway WINNER

5 Erika @ FoodFitnessFun February 20, 2011 at 11:54 am

I bet the cake mix in the oats was fabulous! Definitely going to give that a try soon!
Congrats on the 10-miler! Sore legs and you still had a crazy fast time! Way to go! πŸ˜€
Erika @ FoodFitnessFun recently posted..Return Of The Mango Bread

6 jen @ taste life February 20, 2011 at 11:58 am

Argh, I hate being starving like that! I would have just eaten standing in front of the fridge!
jen @ taste life recently posted..I Love You- Florida

7 Haley February 20, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I was just laying on my couch trying to motivate to workout! I did the Jackie dvd yesterday and at the time thought it was pretty easy…and I can’t move today! But if you can run 10 miles after, I can make it to the gym as well. Thanks for the motivation πŸ™‚

8 biz February 20, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Great job on the run! We are supposed to get more snow πŸ™
biz recently posted..Doing Nothing Is Exhausting

9 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 20, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Glad you had a good run!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Maple Cinnamon Vanilla Peanut Butter

10 Carla @ Will Run for Health February 20, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I really wish I had more running buddies where I lived. They would make long runs much more fun!
Carla @ Will Run for Health recently posted..Two Weeks Notice

11 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 20, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Yay for runs with friends. Definitely great motivation!

12 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 20, 2011 at 12:30 pm

I hate it when I’m not hungry before a run but about a mile or two in, I start getting hungry! Ahh! Good job on the run!

13 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) February 20, 2011 at 12:37 pm

How did the cake mix taste in oats? Did it actually leave a cake-y flavor?

14 Meghann February 20, 2011 at 9:00 pm

It actually tasted pretty good. It gave it a nice cake batter flavor, like cake batter ice cream. πŸ™‚

15 emily February 20, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Omg, cake mix oats?!? The hunger made you a genius! πŸ™‚
emily recently posted..Day One of Four

16 Meghann February 20, 2011 at 9:00 pm

it was pretty epic πŸ™‚

17 Jessica @ The Process of Healing February 20, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Cake mix in oats? YUM!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Last Week…

18 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) February 20, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I used to always eat a late breakfast but these days I’m starving by 8am! Running with friends always makes the miles fly by, great run!
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..So Sleepy

19 katie February 20, 2011 at 1:04 pm

U girls are running warriors ; )

I wish the weather was nice to run in outside here but sadly its 30 degrees and instead of a sore booty I have a freezing booty : p
katie recently posted..Joseph Decuis Dinner Date

20 Katherine: Unemployed February 20, 2011 at 1:34 pm

girl, be careful with post titles like that πŸ˜‰
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Cupid

21 Kara February 20, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I hate running with sore legs! Great time on your run, even with a sore booty πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Fire burning

22 Mimi February 20, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Oh my gosh, I think I would have just eaten my arm off!
Mimi recently posted..Becoming a runner

23 Kelly February 20, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Aren’t running buddies the best? I always forget how much I love them until I run with a friend and then I wish for a running buddy for every run.
Kelly recently posted..Christmas in February

24 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 20, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Nice job! I wish I had a running buddy for long runs πŸ™‚

I can always tell if I need a rest day by squatting down. When I squatted to tie my shoes yesterday, my thighs were so sore- I knew I had to take today off!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..It Wasn’t a PR…

25 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 20, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I am going to look into that Jackie Warner video. I could really use one that is fast, effective and I can do at home when I am too lazy to go to the gym.

Did you ever manage to get the Velcro strap installed onto your new Garmin?
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..A biscuit kind of morning

26 Meghann February 20, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I just took care of it this afternoon. Ended up taking it to a jeweler to switch out.

27 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] February 20, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I love the feeling you have after a great run! happy sunday!
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..bon weekend

28 Lauren February 20, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I think we’re all going to need more details on how the cake mix in the oatmeal turned out! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Love is Sweet

29 Meghann February 20, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Sorry, I should have done a better review of it! It was pretty awesome though. It gave the oats a great cake batter flavor.

30 Whitney February 20, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Holy crap! I just did my first 10 mile run on Friday and ran it almost 20 slower! I’ll be running the Princess Half too..it’s my first.
Whitney recently posted..Last long run

31 Meghann February 20, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Woo hoo! You’re going to rock the princess half! Good luck!!

32 Grace February 20, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I did 12 miles this morning! I hope I’m ready for next weekend! You two are looking way better than I was at the end though, I was drench in a mix of sweat and foggy condensation! The sun never even broke through the fog during my whole run! It was weird.
Grace recently posted..Holiday

33 Meghann February 20, 2011 at 9:03 pm

We had fog the whole time too – it was kind of spooky!

34 Grace February 20, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Very. Especially if you’re like me: running alone and complete baby.
Grace recently posted..Holiday

35 Kacy February 20, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Glad you made it through the run! My run today was only decent as well.
Kacy recently posted..A letter to my lost self

36 Ashley February 20, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I had a very similar late breakfast this morning. It looks great, and at least you completed your run. Sometimes thats all that matters πŸ™‚
Ashley recently posted..Cause They Love Me

37 Melissa February 20, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Do you find yourself hungry the rest of the day after long runs like that? What do you do to cope and not end up gaining weight? Love your blog!

38 Meghann February 20, 2011 at 9:07 pm

It depends. I usually plan my meals out to be filling and satisfying and plan snacks out ahead to prevent overeating.

39 Cynthia February 20, 2011 at 6:48 pm

I wish I had your weather!! I miss the sun and warm sun so much! It was very sunny today in Toronto but -5 or so! Not pool weather at all πŸ™‚

Great job on the long run!!
Cynthia recently posted..My butt is on Fire!!

40 Shelly February 20, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Awesome 10 miler! I just did one yesterday – gearing up for the Disney Half Marathon next weekend! And love the recipe!

41 Angela (the diet book junkie) February 20, 2011 at 8:19 pm

great job on the run! i haven’t baked a cake in like 3 years, but suddenly i want cake mix… πŸ™‚
Angela (the diet book junkie) recently posted..Stretching does not prevent injuries&8230but stick to what you know