Empty Walls

by Meghann on February 20, 2011

Empty shelves

IMG_7916.JPG IMG_7918.jpg

Packed Boxes

Ok, semi-packed boxes

You know what that means! It’s not much, but it’s a start. πŸ˜‰

My apartment is starting to look like a space of someone that is moving in two weeks. It’s a little bittersweet. All these memories of when I first moved in are coming back to me, there were some good memories formed here. πŸ™‚ This was my first apartment that was all my own, I’m really going to miss it!

Yesterday’s pretzel sandwich was so delicious, I had to repeat the concept for lunch today.

Only today’s pretzel was of the salted variety and inside was a slice of swiss cheese and leftover sloppy lentils.

So. Good.

I’ve already committed to making more pretzels with my Dad later this week. He’s been drooling over them on the blog and -truth be told – he didn’t have to twist my arm too hard to agree to it. Next time we’re making a full dozen. πŸ˜‰

I made a batch of Parsnip Fries with a little BBQ sauce to go on the side

And a pickle to finish round everything out

I ran some errands this afternoon and was finally able to take my Garmins to the jeweler to swap the wrist bands.

After losing the little tool and spending two hours going cross eyed trying to figure out how to do it on my own, the $5 I paid the jeweler to do it was well worth it. Now, the velcro wrist band is comfortably on my new Garmin and the old Garmin can be shipped off to the new owner first thing tomorrow morning. πŸ™‚

I celebrated the switch with the new Mango Chobani and a sprinkle of Kashi Go Lean Crisp.

Was a BIG fan of the Mango flavor. It ranks right up there with their pineapple. πŸ™‚

Dinner tonight was a freezer find.

(^look how empty it’s getting^ )

See that expiration date on the upper right hand corner? Yeah, didn’t notice that until I uploaded the photo. It does say ‘freeze by date’ right next to it, so I’ll pretend that beyond that it could ‘freeze’ forever. Shhhh… pretend with me.

At least it tasted fine to me. πŸ™‚

One serving of ravioli with roasted broccoli, red sauce, and a sprinkle of blue cheese.

Another freezer find for dessert.

Take the Cake Ice Cream with a Dark Chocolate Godiva. Yum!

I have an early wake up call in the morning. The plan is to get a little exercise, breakfast, and blogging in before jetting off to Tampa for a Social Media conference I’m attending. Should be fun. πŸ™‚

Good Night!

1 Erika @ FoodFitnessFun February 20, 2011 at 8:59 pm

A pretzel sandwich sounds amazing. Now I really really REALLY want to make pretzels! ;]

2 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 20, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Good work on the packing today! I’m making parsnip fries this week, never had them!

I keep seeing Chobani everywhere, which is funny because I’m doing a giveaway right now haha. I <3 Chobani!!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..EVOL Is Over- So Catch Up With ELT!

3 BroccoliHut February 20, 2011 at 9:01 pm

If you have any of the cinnamon sugar pretzels left, you should totally make a PB & J out of it:)
BroccoliHut recently posted..1 outta 2

4 VeggieGirl February 20, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I must try that ice cream – sprinkles always entice me πŸ˜€
VeggieGirl recently posted..Sprinkled With Goodness &amp Love

5 Courtney @ the granola chronicles February 20, 2011 at 9:06 pm

You’re making progress on the packing! Woo!! πŸ™‚

6 Kara February 20, 2011 at 9:08 pm

A social media conference? Is that the one event where it’s actually polite to be checking twitter during presentations? πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..The Faith and Peanut show

7 Cara February 20, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I tried the mango chobani today too and I have to say it is my favorite! And I have got to make those pretzels!

8 Kacy February 20, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I actually love packing! I do it slowly over several weeks to keep it organized. Hate unpacking though!
Kacy recently posted..A letter to my lost self

9 Sana February 20, 2011 at 9:15 pm

i am glad it did not taste expired!
Sana recently posted..The Morning Bribe

10 Mary February 20, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I can’t believe how long you’ve had that ice cream! My will power is not strong enough to let it last over 2 weeks.
Also, I have never even seen Mango Chobani! I just got Lemon for the first time last week (it was not good) so I can’t wait to try this one now!

11 Ashley February 20, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Lunch looks yummy, and dinner sounds frightening. Good luck with the packing!

12 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 20, 2011 at 9:57 pm

You’re doing a great job packing! If it were me, I’d totally wait until the last minute. Can’t wait to try the mango Chobs in my fridge!

13 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 20, 2011 at 10:02 pm

have fun at the conference! sounds super interesting!
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..6 Words

14 Melissa @ TryingToHeal February 20, 2011 at 10:51 pm

ah, your place is changing and emptying out so quickly!!!! please say i can still come crash on yours and dereks couch when i come out to visit in…JUNE!!!!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..One Of Those…

15 Meghann February 21, 2011 at 8:04 am

DUH! You’re always welcomed!! πŸ™‚

16 Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf February 20, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Hah, I never worry about expiration dates when I’m freezing food. After all, I FREEZE it for the sole purpose of being able to store it past the expiration date! πŸ˜‰
Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf recently posted..Quinoa-Lentil-Kale Soup

17 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 20, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Do you keep your flour in the freezer? Or am I just seeing things?

I need to make those pretzels. They look too good!

18 Meghann February 21, 2011 at 8:05 am

I keep the extra flour in the fridge. Doesn’t everyone do that?

19 Christine February 20, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Expiration dates = suggestions πŸ˜‰
Christine recently posted..Damn that Green Grass

20 Laura Jane Powell February 20, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I am a college student in Florida and read your blog almost every day (always gets me out the door to the gym and I love your food combinations) and I just kind of freaked out because I made the exact same dinner as you tonight, except with parmesan cheese instead of bleu, before I read it today. Soooo weird!!!

21 Krissy - Shiawase Life February 20, 2011 at 11:43 pm

I LOVEEEEE the new mango chobani, too!! MMMmmMmmmm.
Krissy – Shiawase Life recently posted..Wiggles takes a vacation

22 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) February 20, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Awesome job on the packing! When we last moved we moved all of our big stuff first and then sloooowly boxed up and moved everything else over the following three weeks. Next time we move, I want to move almost everything at one time!
Deva (Voracious Vorilee) recently posted..B-Day Weekend Take Two- Bowling- Pizza- and Cupcakes

23 Ellie @ The Mommyist February 20, 2011 at 11:45 pm

It looks like you’re making great progress packing. Good job!
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Not Quite Movie Night

24 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 20, 2011 at 11:53 pm

I love how you made a sandwich out of a pretzel!!!! That is SO cool! πŸ˜€
Kathleen @ Kat’s Health Corner recently posted..Ask Me ANYTHING

25 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 21, 2011 at 12:13 am

Those pretzel sandwiches look so good!

I’m packing too and I’ve already sent out boxes to go to my parents and his parents house. It’s tough packing without another set of hands to help. Good luck with your move!!
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Vegas Eats

26 Marina February 21, 2011 at 2:07 am

Packing is such a pain. I suggest putting on some awesome music, it really helps with the packing πŸ˜€
I hope your tummy will digest those ravioli well πŸ˜‰
Marina recently posted..mush brain

27 CampingGirl February 21, 2011 at 7:47 am

When I moved in with my boyfriend (now husband) I cried for a week because I was leaving my own apartment. It’s an adventure but it is also a small amount of independence that is changing.
CampingGirl recently posted..New Obsession

28 Allie February 21, 2011 at 7:54 am

Mmm Pretzel sandwich πŸ™‚ I bet it is sad to leave your apartment but you have a lot to look forward to!! I see you <3 ice cream… have you ever had a Shamrock Shake from McDonalds?

29 Meghann February 21, 2011 at 8:06 am

I have in the past, but wasn’t a fan. It tasted like cold toothpaste.

30 Ali @ Ali Runs February 21, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Wow, it must be getting real now that you are packing up. So exciting! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..10 Mile Race Recap