more ยป" />

Picture Perfect Pool Day

by Meghann on February 19, 2011

Dear Florida Sun,

I missed you.

Please stay sunny and seventy-five degrees all year around. Never get ridiculously hot or freezing cold. Today you were perfect.

Love, Meghann

I spent two hours by the pool today reading, napping, and just soaking it all in. I didn’t sweat, nor did I feel chilled – it was truly the perfect pool day!

I only came inside because my stomach started to grumble.

I had this brilliant idea for the leftover pretzels from yesterday – turn them into delicious sandwiches! ๐Ÿ˜‰

And delicious was right. I sliced the cinnamon sugar pretzel right down the middle to form a ‘bun’ then filled it with Naturally Nutty Vanilla Peanut Butter, Apple Slices, Pumpkin Butter, and Raisins.

Oh, yes, it was pretty epic. ๐Ÿ˜‰

On the side I had the remaining apple slices

and leftover brussels sprouts from last night’s dinner

The deal was I got to play by the pool in the morning IF I packed this afternoon. *gulp* Here goes nothing!

1 michelle February 19, 2011 at 2:04 pm

One Word: JEALOUS!!!!!
michelle recently posted..Nathan Sports Giveaway WINNER

2 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) February 19, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Lucky girl, it’s chilly here in socal! Lunch looks amazing! Pretzel sandwich= genius.
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..So Sleepy

3 Freya February 19, 2011 at 2:07 pm

UGh I am so JEALOUS! Wind and rain where I am :'( and no pretzels in sight!
Freya recently posted..Putta Socca In It

4 Tami February 19, 2011 at 2:16 pm

it was 58 here in New Hampshire yesterday, it’s now 28 and very windy and snow expected again for Monday

5 Ali @ Ali Runs February 19, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Fun fact: yesterday it was 50* out in New York and people were walking around in shorts and flip flops. It’s now back down to freezing & snowing. It was such a tease for spring.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Weird Things I Do

6 Amy February 19, 2011 at 2:23 pm

So jealous! And I love that swimsuit – especially the color!
Amy recently posted..spring break day

7 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 19, 2011 at 2:23 pm

So completely jealous of your right now! I still question my parents’ sanity for moving the whole fam from Orlando to Indiana in the middle of winter years ago. It’s 41 here…but on the bright side, it’s sunny!

8 Ashley February 19, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Good luck with packing! It’s beautiful here too. I’m soaking the rays right now.
Ashley recently posted..Cause They Love Me

9 Sana February 19, 2011 at 2:33 pm

So jealous of the weather! It was 75 yesterday, but now it is back to being cold!
Sana recently posted..The Morning Bribe

10 Christine February 19, 2011 at 2:59 pm

You can keep your sprouts, but dang does your sandwich look good right now!
Christine recently posted..Raise Your Hand if Youre Not Surprised

11 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 19, 2011 at 3:02 pm

What an amazing day indeed! ๐Ÿ˜€ Good luck packing!

12 Morgan @ Becoming Rooks February 19, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Oh man that looks beyond gorgeous!! It’s 30 here and I am just glad it’s sunny. Summer can’t come soon enough!!
Morgan @ Becoming Rooks recently posted..Im rolling

13 jen @ taste life February 19, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I’ m over on the Gulf Coast vacationing and I agree – the weather today is perfect!!!
jen @ taste life recently posted..I Love You- Florida

14 Erica February 19, 2011 at 3:37 pm

YES! The weather is awesome today. I went to the beach. <3! Soft pretzels are amazing. Good luck packing
Erica recently posted..M- A Couple Days of Dinners and a Yoga Sidenote!

15 Lauren February 19, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Days like this HAVE to be fully enjoyed. I’m so jealous of your perfect Florida weather! ๐Ÿ™‚ And that sandwich.
Lauren recently posted..Bring Your Wife To Work Day

16 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 19, 2011 at 3:49 pm

That lunch looks like heaven.

Have fun packing!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..My Tried and True Method For Hard-Boiled Eggs

17 Alaina February 19, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Now, THAT is a sandwich! I have got to make those pretzels now. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have massive amounts of packing to do as well. And it has to go to 3 different places so having a strategy is key. Good luck!
Alaina recently posted..Vegas Eats

18 Kara February 19, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I don’t know what I’m more jealous about, the pool and sunshine, or that sandwich! Man, I’d love to go somewhere that served sandwiches on hot pretzel buns ๐Ÿ™‚
Kara recently posted..Gone with the windand the hills!

19 Lee February 19, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Dude, pretzel sandwich is pretty genius!

20 Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy February 19, 2011 at 4:28 pm

That pretzel sandwich looks amazing!!! What kind of pretzels were they that they were that thick and where can I get them??
Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy recently posted..Two nights in a row

21 Jamie @ getalivingsense February 19, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Hasn’t it been absolutely WONDERFUL in Florida for the last two days?! Today was definitely a lounge outside kinda day! And that sandwich looks soooooo tasty!! ๐Ÿ™‚
Jamie @ getalivingsense recently posted..The Last Bite of Waffle

22 Nicole February 19, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I can’t even explain how jealous I am! The wind was so bad here this morning that I was sure it was going to sweep my dog away!

23 Dina February 19, 2011 at 4:38 pm

As a Central Florida resident, I am also enjoying the weather. We’re not built for the cold down here.
Dina recently posted..House of Hope Run Around the Pines 5k presented by Florida Hospital

24 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 19, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I would so love to spend a morning in the sun!!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Cabin fever

25 melissa February 19, 2011 at 4:55 pm

You’re killing me with this weather. It is FREEZING in NYC. Sandwich=yum!
melissa recently posted..Getting Motivated To Run

26 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 19, 2011 at 5:27 pm

So jealous of your pool day – seriously.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..&lt3 breakfast for two &lt3

27 Clare @ Fitting It All In February 19, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Dear Meghann,
Stop making me so jealous with your beautiful weather and to-die-for sandwiches! Thanks.
Love,
Clare
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..FDA- Friend or Foe

28 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) February 19, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Oh my GAWD! That pretzel sandwich is BRILLIANT! ๐Ÿ˜€
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..Cheezy Quinoa

29 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather February 19, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I so wish I was there! Lucky girl!

30 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston February 19, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I enjoyed this whole past week by the pool and ocean in the Tampa area while visiting family — the weather has been gorgeous!
Katie @ Healthy Heddleston recently posted..Sunshine State – Thursday Recap

31 Katherine: Unemployed February 19, 2011 at 6:51 pm

oh I wish it was bikini time here. it’s warm but not quite there yet
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Cupid

32 Erin February 19, 2011 at 7:11 pm

I was watching Dirty Dancing today and decided that you look like Jennifer Grey in that movie! Once the thought entered my mind, it would not leave!

33 Caitlin February 19, 2011 at 7:30 pm

that sandwich looks A-MA-ZING!

34 Rae February 19, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Thats it. Im moving to Florida. It was 12 and blustery winds up here in NY-lucky duck!
Rae recently posted..FridayIm in love!

35 Sophie February 19, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I have that suit! Victoria’s Secret? Mines a hot pink top with black bottoms.

36 Lauren @Hungry Dancer February 19, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Wow!! I would die for that sandwich!! I am so jealous that wasn’t my lunch!!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..California Open 2011

37 BroccoliHut February 19, 2011 at 8:53 pm

SO creative! I might just have to make soft pretzels, just so I can make a sandwich out of it!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Joy in Numbers

38 Lauren @ Team Giles February 19, 2011 at 9:39 pm

sigh. I’m going to pretend I live in florida right now…. we’re warming in Houston, but it’s humid and cloudy… not beautiful at all. double sigh.

Smart idea turning the pretzel into a sandwich.
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..Weekend Inspiration

39 Cara February 20, 2011 at 1:06 am

That sandwich looks heavenly! So does that Florida sunshine! ENJOY!

40 Kristin @ FoodFash February 20, 2011 at 9:25 am

I spent a couple hours at the pool yesterday too and thought the same thing, perfect amount of heat and breeze!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Sorta Pop- Sorta Flop

41 Fancy February 21, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I notice you are reading Mini Shopaholic….how do you like it? I bought it but haven’t started it yet! The rest of the series is ADORABLE, I love them all ๐Ÿ™‚