Tax Day

by Meghann on February 17, 2011

Good Morning!

Up with the sun. 6 mile run.

Yep, I’d say it’s a good morning. 🙂

Cereal Craziness

• 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Burst Cheerios
  • Pineapple Chobani
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries

I’m doing something today I’ve been avoiding since January…. my taxes. 🙁

Long gone are the days when I could simply complete a 1040EZ, wait by my mailbox for an extra large return to appear, and go on with my life. Nope, this year is different. This year requires an accountant and will eventually result in me sending the government a big check instead of vice versa. *gulp*

At least the day started off good.

Pray for me. I’ll need it.

1 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 17, 2011 at 9:41 am

Good luck! Taxes are never fun!

2 Amanda February 17, 2011 at 9:41 am

Good luck with your taxes…between living in DC and Maryland, buying a house and already getting a credit, ours were pretty messy this year, too. Luckily we got a huge refund that can hopefully go towards a wedding, new car or maybe even purchase myself a fancy pants camera. I loved doing my taxes when I lived in Florida with the whole no income tax thing. Sending tax prayers your way!
Amanda recently posted..I wonder what hes thinking

3 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 17, 2011 at 9:43 am

Ugh I have to file in THREE states this year!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..29 Birthday Eats

4 Natalie February 17, 2011 at 9:45 am

I feel ya! I’m meeting my accountant today too… Hope to get money back!
Natalie recently posted..Looks can be Deceiving

5 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 17, 2011 at 9:45 am

Oooooh thanks for the gentle reminder that I need to get on this too! It was so nice being a student and barely having to fill anything out, while still getting a lovely return… but now that those days are over… yiiiikes! Better get on it early this year, just like you! 🙂 Good luck Meghann!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Who needs boys…

6 Hope February 17, 2011 at 9:47 am

Ugh..I’m not looking forward to my taxes. I usually go to an accountant because I have no clue what I am doing. Haha. I’d rather get it done right then mess something up. Love Kashi Go Lean Crisp! So good!! 🙂
Hope recently posted..Happy Valentine’s Day!…

7 kathleen February 17, 2011 at 9:50 am

Yep, that self-employed/consultant money is a killer! You have to pay for both your and what would’ve been the company’s portion of taxes. Boo. Have you set up a corporation yet? If not, you may want to talk about setting one up with your accountant. It may make better financial sense for you tax wise…
kathleen recently posted..How to make vanilla flavored Greek yogurt

8 kristy @ kristyruns.com February 17, 2011 at 9:52 am

Ooh! Taxes! Thanks for reminding me. 🙂
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Picky Bar Giveaway!

9 Rachel February 17, 2011 at 9:53 am

I go to an AWESOME accountant in Titusville if you need a recommendation.
Rachel recently posted..Slacker Blogger

10 Fit Chick Britt February 17, 2011 at 9:54 am

Your so good gettin up early to run! Yikes, I need to do my taxes too… and I said I was doing them early this year. hah!

11 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 17, 2011 at 9:56 am

Good luck with your taxes! I am always so stressed when Jason does ours!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Strawberry Love Bread &amp Dairy Free Alfredo

12 Bethany @ More Fruit Please February 17, 2011 at 9:56 am

Good luck! Just think how great it will feel once you’re done with your taxes – it’ll be a huge weight off your shoulders!

13 Theodora February 17, 2011 at 10:13 am

In 2008, I lived in DC, NJ and NY and had two different full-time jobs (one in VA, just to throw another state’s taxes into the mix) and a slew of freelance jobs. That was a messy year, tax-wise. Good luck! And remember to write off as many expenses as you can!

14 Kelly February 17, 2011 at 10:18 am

Ha, good luck.
Kelly recently posted..A Singing Puppy

15 Christine February 17, 2011 at 10:25 am

Good luck with those! I finished my return this year, which was my most complicated ever because I had 3 different jobs — but easy compared to yours.

You probably should have been paying estimated taxes quarterly for your earnings, otherwise you’ll not only owe the tax but the interest on the tax, if I understand correctly.

16 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 17, 2011 at 10:25 am

I love the colors in the bowl. Looks delicious!
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Vegas Eats

17 Victoria February 17, 2011 at 10:26 am

Aaah, taxes. Get used to giving money back. It happens the second you start earning any real income. 🙁 On the bright side, at least we don’t have to pay state income tax!
Victoria recently posted..Tracking

18 michelle arnold February 17, 2011 at 10:42 am

Good Luck! You might ask your accountant for recommendations on ways to ease your tax burden. Memorializing it in writing is a great way to help you remember once you leave. Just a thought.

19 skinnyrunner February 17, 2011 at 11:33 am

haha i just did all that fun stuff yesterday. took me a couple hours and a paper hurricane later in my office.
skinnyrunner recently posted..What were you saying

20 Caitlin @ TPL February 17, 2011 at 11:38 am

Good luck! At least your strawberries look amazing… =)
Caitlin @ TPL recently posted..Flickr

21 Kiran February 17, 2011 at 11:43 am

Good luck with your taxes. Thank god ours is out of the door 🙂
Kiran recently posted..Wordless- New York City &amp Washington DC

22 Sarah for Real February 17, 2011 at 11:43 am

Hey it’s a GOOD thing to have to pay the government when it comes tax time. If you’re receiving a refund check, that means you just gave them an interest free loan using your hard earned money. Not smart!

Instead of being sad about paying taxes, consider yourself smart with your money! Go YOU! You should be proud! 🙂

23 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 17, 2011 at 11:49 am

Aw, I hope everything goes well! I’ve never had to pay, and I’m hoping this year wont be the first 🙂
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Hello- February!

24 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life February 17, 2011 at 11:51 am

Good luck–and be careful, so you can avoid making mistakes! The tax man is after all of us, with the budget in such bad shape.
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..DIPE- Documented Instance of Public Eating

25 katie February 17, 2011 at 11:59 am

taxes are no fun : p good luck today with that, just think you will get it done and over with !
katie recently posted..If you cant Find Peanut Flour

26 Kacy February 17, 2011 at 12:00 pm

I hate taxes! I’ve never gotten a return, I always have to pay. HATE IT!
Kacy recently posted..A Healthy Habit Journey- Post 4 from the SIL

27 Doc (The Healthy PhD) February 17, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Ugh! I really need to take care of that. It’s looming over my head. I just need to know exactly what is going to happen with my money so that I can be prepared!
Doc (The Healthy PhD) recently posted..An Extra Post for an Extra Important Cause

28 Sana February 17, 2011 at 12:12 pm

My parents do my taxes. Thank god.

29 Yasmin February 17, 2011 at 12:12 pm

If it will make you feel better I owed the government $1033 because I was working a s a freelance writer for awhile. Boooooo…..

30 Maryann February 17, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Good luck!!
Maryann recently posted..But Wheres The Oatmeal

31 michelle February 17, 2011 at 12:38 pm

wishing you the best for your taxes 🙂 positive thoughts!
michelle recently posted..6 miles and a movie date

32 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) February 17, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Thank goodness my hubby deals with taxes. I think my head would blow off.

33 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] February 17, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I was good about it this year and filed early! Last year, I waited forever and just went with an extension. :p
suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] recently posted..Where’s our money tree

34 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 17, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Hate taxes. I’m glad the Husband owns a business and has an accountant!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..passing on the love

35 amanda February 17, 2011 at 4:15 pm

maybe it’ll turn out prettier than expected. fingers crossed!

{and if not, at least your breakfast looks really pretty!}
amanda recently posted..there are things i need to do

36 Cara February 17, 2011 at 7:34 pm

That bowl of cereal looks like perfection! As does your 6 mile run at the crack of dawn! I hope your taxes went well to continue your perfect day!

37 Mac February 17, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I keep putting mine off too and I still get to do the 1040EZ, I’m for sure procrastinating.
Mac recently posted..Thanksgiving in February