Project Move & Mix: The Rug

by Meghann on February 17, 2011

I bought a rug!

Screen shot 2011-02-04 at 1.48.32 PM.png

From Target: Mohawk Home Asian Branches Rug

The rug marks my first official purchase for the new living room! I believe that deserves a Woop! Woop! ;)

Now, Smart Meghann would have spent a few weeks researching the perfect rug (while comparing prices and comparing brands), but I’m not Smart Meghann. I’m impulsive, I find what I like and I go for it, Meghann.

So last week I spent exactly 2 hours browsing rugs online at Target.com and stumbled upon the above beauty for a reduced $99. The rug had great reviews and just happened to fit in with my vision of neutral accents while allowing the green walls to act as the pop of color for the room. I ordered it almost immediately and can’t wait to cover the 1990s tile place it in it’s new home on the living room floor.

IMG_7575.jpg

Also, it should be noted when I requested the living room measurements from Derek (to double check that I was ordering the correct size), he sent me this very impressive layout of the room.

photo (1).JPG

He’s a keeper. :)

Next big purchases? Curtains and Couches!

1 michelle February 17, 2011 at 12:59 pm

hubby and I are on the hunt for new curtains as well.
It’s fun seeing how your living room will turn out!

2 Hope February 17, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I like that rug! It will definitely look nice in the room! I can’t wait to see what the room is going to look like once you are done decorating! So exciting! :)

3 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life February 17, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I love that rug!! It’s gorgeous–modern and elegant.

4 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 17, 2011 at 1:17 pm

I love it! Very earthy, yet pretty at the same time. And there’s nothing wrong with a good impulse buy! :)

5 Lindsay February 17, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Awesome rug!! I get all my rugs at Target!! 1) I love their selection and 2) with 2 dogs and a 2 yr old, we buy rugs at least twice a year so I welcome the lower $$!!

6 Jessica @ The Process of Healing February 17, 2011 at 1:20 pm

LOVE it!

7 Christine February 17, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Nice! Good color just in case at some point someone walks on it with dirty shoes. Sometimes impulse buys are best, as long as they’re not $45,000 cars… ;)

8 Kristy @ KristyRuns February 17, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I love that rug! We almost got that one from Target but opted for another one. :) We’re on the hunt for a new couch, too. Can’t wait to see which one you pick!

9 Dori February 17, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Wow, nice floor plan drawing (says the girl who works in real estate).

10 Megan @ Megan Mumbles February 17, 2011 at 1:26 pm

He is soo good with the floor plan.. I am a very implusive Megan too! I always buy stuff without thinking about it but sometimes you get the best stuff that way/

11 Emily G. February 17, 2011 at 1:27 pm

This weekend would be PERFECT to look for couches! All of our furniture stores are having massive President’s Day sales!! This is how I’ll be spending my weekend :)

Have you guys thought about replacing the tile? That was the first major project I did in my house and you wouldn’t believe the difference it made (of course, I went from carpet and vinyl sheets to tile). But I think I spent about $800 for the tile and labor! Scccoooore!

BTW..the rug is beautiful!

12 Carly (Swim, Run, Om) February 17, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I’m in the market for a new rug, and I really like that one. Is there any pink in it, or is it all neutral/beige-y? I need some pink … to go with my pink couch, pink curtains and pink wall hangings I have all over.

Yeah.

13 Kacy February 17, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Love the rug!

14 Kiran February 17, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Love the rug, with Asian accents ;)

15 marie [would] February 17, 2011 at 1:35 pm

wow you are so organized. when my boyfriend and i moved in together, it was literally a clustermuck of jamming whatever we could from our parent’s house into a uhaul and hauling out of town before anyone was wiser. next time we get a better apartment, i am totally going your route.

16 Londa February 17, 2011 at 1:35 pm

M,
I too am decorating and find our taste similar. I found a great sofa and at an unbelievable price that I believe would fit right into your décor. I will email you the photo; it would look perfect with the rug you bought.

17 Fit Chick Britt February 17, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Love the rug! You’re making me want to re-do my place. Hubby and I are waiting till we get a house to really start decorating stuff, but I wanna do it nooooow!

18 Theresa @ActiveEggplant February 17, 2011 at 1:36 pm

You should totally check out floorplanner.com! You can literally map out the entire room (or your entire house!) and insert furniture & everything – that way you don’t have to use trial & error when you’re rearranging – you’ll know whether or not everything fits! (The tricky part is that you have to know the dimensions of your furniture too…so lots of measuring if the dimensions aren’t online)

19 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 17, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Oooo I love that rug!
Target is the best. Seriously! I would marry it if I could. ;)

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 17, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Love the rug! We’re looking to switch out our rug now for the spring and summer, and I really like that one!

21 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 17, 2011 at 2:30 pm

What a great drawing — I couldn’t have asked for anything better!

I like the rug and $99 is a good price for a good nice sized rug!

22 Kara February 17, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I have to make purchases like that on impulse, otherwise I drive myself nuts! I love that rug, I would totally have picked that out for myself :)

23 Marina February 17, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I think it’s good you didn’t over-think and bought the rug you like. Good luck with your other purchases :)

24 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] February 17, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I always get the best stuff on impulse buys! When you’re really looking you never find the right thing, why is that?

25 Ashley February 17, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Haha I love the diagram and that rug is gorgeous!

26 Jen February 17, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Love the rug!!!

27 Megan February 17, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I’m enjoying reading about your project move and mix :) So far, so good!!

And also, anyone who sees this!!
On my blog today I was really wondering about differences between Wordpress and Blogger.
If you could share any thoughts on it, I would really really appreciate it!!

28 Allie February 17, 2011 at 3:35 pm

The rug is very pretty :)Hope taxes go well for ya ;)

29 Julia February 17, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Yay for rugs!
I think it will look awesome, and hopefully feel very nice underfoot, or at least better than cold tile, although I do love me some tile :)

30 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather February 17, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Fun purchase! I love the pattern and what a great price too.

31 Alaina February 17, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Ooh, very nice rug! I love buying accents for our place. :-)

32 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 17, 2011 at 4:03 pm

oh its wonderful!
We are buying new curtains next week!

33 Nacho Lindsay February 17, 2011 at 4:10 pm

That rug is gorgeous! Be sure not to spill any nachos on it.

34 amanda February 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm

yay! couches. sounds like a good time.

35 Cait February 17, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Wow that looks fabulous :) xoxo love this post and your blog girl! hope you can check mine out!

36 Nat February 17, 2011 at 4:44 pm

How cute!!! Love his enthusiasm in helping you!! Keeper for sure!

37 Mimi February 17, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I’m seriously impressed with Derek’s drawing. Did he consider architecture? (:

38 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 17, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Love that rug! When we got hardwood floors, my mom spent FOREVER picking out a new rug. It’s actually really crucial- they’re so big, if you don’t love it, you can’t avoid it!

39 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 17, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Oh wow! He is DEFINITELY a keeper! :D

40 Grace February 17, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Derek’s little drawing so remind me of something my boyfriend would do. I find crazy diagrams of his all the time? I have no diagraming skills what so ever, I guess it’s good I have him around?

41 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! February 17, 2011 at 8:20 pm

What thorough measurements! He is definitely a keeper and I LOVE the rug!

42 LauraJayne February 17, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I LOVE Target for home decorating – I never thought I’d use it as much as I do – but when I re-did my bathroom, I purchased everything at Target! That rug is gorgeous!

43 jenna@frombostonwithlove February 18, 2011 at 11:56 am

I like it! I’m in the market for a new rug as well for our living room. But the hubs says we have to finish the bedroom and bathroom first. He’s totally ruining my impulsivity :(

44 Rachel February 18, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I love reading about your move in adventures!

The boyfriend and I had been talking for awhile about moving in together and recently made it official by setting a date…which just so happens to be this weekend.

Luckily, it’s my place and I have lots of nice stuff and it’s well decorated…I just don’t know how to incorporate his Buffalo Bills sports stuff into my flowery shabby chic condo…