Maddie Knows Her Stuff

by Meghann on February 17, 2011

Meet my accountant

Ok, Maddie isn’t really my accountant, but apparently she wants to be. She would probably be a better accountant than me. πŸ˜‰

My real accountant is a family friend who has been doing my family’s taxes for years. I <3 her. πŸ™‚ BUT before I can see her, I’ve been tasked with the duty of organizing all my receipts, W2s, etc.

Good thing I’ve been randomly shoving them in a binder all year. :/

Oy vey.

Also, who wants to challenge me for the most W2s of 2010?

Task I of taxes complete.

Task II falls into someone else’s hands. Yippee!

Judge and snicker as you wish. I stand by my opinion that Eggy Pizza is flippin’ amazing. Even as left overs for lunch. πŸ˜‰

How can you tell me that doesn’t look amazing? Look at all the pretty colors! πŸ™‚

With a side of apple because apples are pretty amazing too.

Maddie got a special gift in the mail this afternoon.

Pumpkin? Peanut Butter? Brie – are these human friendly too? πŸ˜‰

Looks tasty

Sit…

Stay…

Go!

IMG_7619.JPG IMG_7620.JPG IMG_7621.JPG IMG_7622.JPG IMG_7623.JPG IMG_7624.JPG

Nom Nom Nom

Maddie says ‘THANK YOU MILHOUSE!’ πŸ™‚

Maddie wasn’t the only one who had a fun package. Part of my Princess Half Marathon Costume arrived too!

I owe Brie’s Aunt BIG TIME for making me a TuTu (!!!!) to wear for the Princess Half. I’m so, so excited!!!!

Now, what does one wear with a tutu for a race? Pink Leggings? Pink top? A Tiara?

Definitely a tiara. Right, Maddie? πŸ˜‰

IMG_7663.JPG IMG_7664.JPG IMG_7665.JPG IMG_7666.JPG

Don’t worry. I took it away before she did any damage. She was just sniffing to see what the pile of pink tulle was all about.

I fueled up with a piece of Pumpkin Bread slathered with Vanilla Peanut Butter before heading to Hot Yoga this evening.

Hot yoga was a last minute decision this evening.

I had cleared my calendar because I thought my landlord would be over later in the evening to show the apartment. He ended up showing the place just before 5:00. This gave me just enough time to make a quick decision, change, and drive across town for yoga.

Tonight’s class centered around the idea that we never know what’s going to come next. Once we memorize one routine and way of doing things, we’re turned upside down and forced to learn something new. Tonight’s flow was all about connecting positions that wouldn’t typically follow each other.

It was a great class and I really enjoy practices that incorporate lessons into them. It really makes you think. πŸ™‚

Post-yoga simple dinner bowl.

Contents:

• Roasted Asparagus
  • Leftover Roasted Purple Potatoes
  • Swiss Cheese
  • BBQ Tofu
  • Pecans

Love the colors. Love the layers. Love the flavors.

Who needs plates when you can clearly pile everything in a bowl and enjoy? πŸ˜‰

Trio of Godiva Dark Chocolate for dessert

I’ve got a date with my DVR and a cute pup.

Good night!

1 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 17, 2011 at 9:41 pm

I do not envy your tax situation! I think it’s almost time to find someone to do my taxes…
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..29 Birthday Eats

2 Kaitlin February 17, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Yum! Your dinner and lunch look delicious today.

And Maddie would make a super cute tax accountant!

I vote pink or silver leggings with the tutu and a top and tiara!
Kaitlin recently posted..What Im Loving This Week

3 K February 17, 2011 at 9:43 pm

What is the texture of the yolk like on the pizza? Is it like a fried egg ‘over hard’ so that the yolk is cooked but not “chalky”?
K recently posted..making me smile today

4 Jen G. February 17, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I miss my days working for Godiva! The employee discount, plus the job requirement of trying every piece in the case, more than made up for the Valentine’s Day craziness.

5 Kristy @ KristyRuns February 17, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Awww Madie is adorable!!!! I can’t believe all of your W2 forms!!! You have your work cut out for you, girl. πŸ˜‰ Good luck!!!
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Picky Bar Giveaway!

6 OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run February 17, 2011 at 9:51 pm

It’s true. Every time I see your pics of pizza with egg on it…I shudder. There was one a few months ago (?) with a bite taken out directly in the middle of the yolk that really haunted my dreams.
OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run recently posted..Three Things Thursday

7 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 17, 2011 at 9:51 pm

What fun treats for Maddie – looks like she really liked them!

8 Brie @ Brie Fit February 17, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Aww, glad she liked them!
True story: I made those treats for Tim’s co-workers’ dogs at Christmas and cut them into Christmas trees and stars. Apparently some lady’s husband didn’t realize they were dog treats and not human cookies and was REALLY disappointed!
Brie @ Brie Fit recently posted..Invisible scale

9 Meghann February 17, 2011 at 10:01 pm

aww.. they look so good! I’m so tempted to try one. Maddie LOVES them. She is currently sitting underneath the counter their on, looking up with puppy eyes waiting for another one.

10 Brie @ Brie Fit February 17, 2011 at 10:43 pm

You might want to put them in the fridge–they last longer that way! (And she won’t be begging for them constantly, too.)
Brie @ Brie Fit recently posted..Invisible scale

11 Stephanie @cookinfanatic February 17, 2011 at 9:59 pm

I’m an CPA (although not a tax accountant) and that pile of W-2’s would even intimidate me!!! Taxes are no fun until you get a refund, right πŸ˜‰

Wanted to pass along a link to the new Chobani Greek yogurt commercial that I’m in, not sure if you’ve seen it on tv?

P.S. The egg + pizza combo is killer!! πŸ™‚
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..CookinFanatic in the New York Times!

12 Ashley February 17, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Holy tax overload. I do not envy you, except for maybe the tutu that’s definitely cute! Along with Maddie of course. I’m gonna stay impartial to the eggy pizza since I don’t eat eggs, but the colors are pretty.

13 JennyV February 17, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Love the tutu! I think I may be the only tutu-less princess @ the half! I know there’s still time for costumes… so you never know what you may have just inspired!

14 Ali @ Ali on the Run February 17, 2011 at 10:06 pm

You’ve got one photogenic pup on your hands! I can’t even get my boyfriend to pose that well! Hehe.
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..You Made Me Do It

15 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 17, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Love the tutu!!! πŸ˜€ You are going to look adorable!

16 Grace February 17, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I’m running the Princess Half, too! I’ll keep a look out for your cute tutu but I have a feeling you’ll be far ahead of me!
Grace recently posted..Holiday

17 Becca February 17, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Maddie is adorable. πŸ™‚

My mom & uncle do our taxes. Mom told me tonight that someday soon she’s going to have to explain it all to me… Not really looking forward to it. =\ But I like that it’s family (someone I trust) doing it. πŸ™‚
Becca recently posted..Valentine’s Day

18 michelle February 17, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I love all the Maddie pics!!
michelle recently posted..6 miles and a movie date

19 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 17, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Ok, Maddie’s photo while she was leaning on the table wanting the treats? Adorable!!!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Buffalo burgers

20 sarah (sarah learns) February 17, 2011 at 10:59 pm

aww, maddie looks like she’s just dieing for one of those treats in the first photos! such a cutie!
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..cut the fat!

21 Kiran February 17, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Cute tutu! I would be able to spot you during the race!!
Kiran recently posted..Valentine’s Day Menu

22 Fit Chick Britt February 18, 2011 at 12:26 am

You eat the most interesting combinations. I’ve been looking for recipes to make for my dog. I wonder if I could get the recipe for those pumpkin treats… πŸ™‚
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..The Hated Bun

23 Brie @ Brie Fit February 18, 2011 at 10:57 am

This is the recipe I use! http://www.delish-blog.com/2009/03/pumpkin-peanut-butter-dog-treats/
Brie @ Brie Fit recently posted..Invisible scale

24 Mary February 18, 2011 at 12:44 am

Those W-2’s are unreal!! Will it always be like this or just this year since it’s your first year on your own? Thank goodness you have someone you know to help you out! Also, I tried purple potatoes for the first time this week thanks to you! They taste exactly the same but are much more fun to eat.

25 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 18, 2011 at 1:04 am

I thought three W2s was a lot- that sucks!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Hello- February!

26 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 18, 2011 at 1:28 am

Awww, what an adorable dog!

Our hotel dog is given organic, homemade dog biscuits and sometimes we’ll sneak a bite. They’re so good and all natural! πŸ˜‰
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Vegas Eats

27 Marina February 18, 2011 at 1:33 am

I think I would try those treats for Maddie! I would probably eat them all πŸ˜€
Marina recently posted..mush brain

28 Melissa February 18, 2011 at 5:42 am

Don’t worry – I have your back! Egg on pizza is the business! I always, ALWAYS have egg on my pizza. Goes brilliant with proscuitto, mushrooms, artichokes and olives. Yums.

29 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 18, 2011 at 6:52 am

My dad is a CPA so he will always be my tax man πŸ˜‰
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Road Hogs! Six Rules To Keep Cyclists Alive

30 Lauren February 18, 2011 at 6:57 am

You are going to rock this race in that tutu! Love it! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Bring Your Wife To Work Day

31 Kara February 18, 2011 at 7:27 am

Ugh, I am so glad that my husband does all of the taxes (and bills too!) I hate that kind of stuff!

I will admit your pizza looks pretty, but I’m not rushing off to crack an egg on my frozen pizza anytime soon πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Spring for a day

32 Paige @ Running Around Normal February 18, 2011 at 7:27 am

Ugh Maddie is SUCH A pretty dog πŸ™‚
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..WEN Your Hair Looks This Good…

33 katie February 18, 2011 at 7:46 am

I was wondering what the tutu was for when I saw your pic on twitter ; )

Super cute, and yes you need a cute tiara to match ; )

Maddie is sooooooooooo cute! How nice that your friend made her dog treats! Loving the Maddie pics! Never can get enough of cute dog pics!
katie recently posted..If you cant Find Peanut Flour

34 Lizzy February 18, 2011 at 7:48 am

Definintely go with a tiara for the run. I love the tutu, so jealous that you get to run the Princess Half. So fun
Lizzy recently posted..I Must Confess

35 Fancy February 18, 2011 at 7:55 am

Hey Meghann!
Maddie is adorable πŸ™‚ Can you tell me the brand of vanilla peanut butter? That sounds delicious, I would love to try it! Thank you so much, have a great day!

36 Meghann February 18, 2011 at 8:49 am

It’s Naturally Nutty and it’s delicious. πŸ™‚

37 Hope February 18, 2011 at 8:08 am

I love the tutu! So cute! A tiara would make the look complete! I love those pictures of Maddie! She is so cute!!!
Hope recently posted..Happy Valentine’s Day!…

38 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life February 18, 2011 at 8:24 am

That’s a lot of W2s! Wow. Glad Maddy is there to assist!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Book Review- Poser – My Life in 23 Yoga Poses

39 Stacey February 18, 2011 at 8:54 am

Tutus are sooo fun I made one for my halloween costume this past year in black and red sparkly tulle and went as a rebel/rocker ballerina … it was sooo fun to wear. Love your blog .. I have been reading for a while but do not comment to often but your awesome and I keep up with you everyday!

40 Tina February 18, 2011 at 10:12 am

I have 17 W-2’s from last year.
Tina recently posted..Blogger Brain

41 Kacy February 18, 2011 at 11:12 am

Ugh, taxes. Ugh.

I like egg pizzas, I ain’t hatin’!

42 CampingGirl February 18, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I have a boniband that has a tiara on it… princessy yet functional.
CampingGirl recently posted..My Rendition Of An Epicurious Tortellini Dish

43 Jaclyn February 18, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Hahah that’s what I was thinking — they look human friendly! πŸ˜€
I always pile everything in bowls… for some reason i feel its more fun to eat that way?? ;0

ps do you cook your asparagus?? lOL! πŸ˜›
Jaclyn recently posted..Tomorrow is My Birthday!!!!!