Outside Blogging

by Meghann on February 16, 2011

When I first started working from home a couple of weeks ago I figured people would grow bored of hearing about my ‘mobile office.’ However, I’m happy to hear that has not been the case.

Last week I hung out with friends I haven’t seen in ages and after asking how I was was and how business was going the next comment always began with ‘I always log on to see where your ‘office’ is going to pop up next.’ Looks like my office hopping has left the masses placing bets where I will be working each day.

Well, I hope your bets have been places because – drumroll please – today I’m enjoying a hot tea and free WiFi at……

Starbucks!

IMAG0497.jpg

Well.. more like outside Starbucks. After spending the last week in below freezing temps, surrounded by snow, I’m taking advantage of the ability to sit outside in a sundress without freezing to death.

IMAG0498.jpg

Pure bliss.

Now, if I can only find a way to kick the Russian Smokers to my left off of the patio, this spot would be perfect.

Photo on 2011-02-16 at 13.48 #2.jpg

Pee-Yoo!

Lunch today was enjoyed at home.

Some of my veggies are starting to turn, so a salad was a necessity to consume them in the quickest, easiest way possible.

Salad contained:

• Spinach
  • Apple
  • Leftover Chicken Sausage
  • Grape Tomatoes
  • Mushrooms
  • Pecans
  • Asparagus
  • Honey Mustard Dressing

With a cornbread muffin on the side.

The Cappuccino Dark Chocolate Godiva Truffle was calling my name for dessert. πŸ˜‰

FLASHBACK

Check out this old photo of Abbie and I that I discovered when playing with PhotoBooth on my Mac.

Photo 6.jpg

I miss that girl.

1 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun February 16, 2011 at 2:27 pm

It has been lovely weather! I’m soaking up every bit of it I can.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..A Treat Of A Day

2 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 16, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I love working outside but I can never escape the glare! It leaves me straining my eyes too much πŸ™
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..29 Birthday Eats

3 kristy @ kristyruns.com February 16, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I love working away from my office. Especially when it includes a soy chai from Starbucks. πŸ˜‰ I get so much work done! …maybe it’s the caffeine…
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Picky Bar Giveaway!

4 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 16, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Jealous of your weather. Although, it is 50 here today, so…small improvements. And now I’m craving Godiva, haha.
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..The Timekeeper

5 Mimi February 16, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I’ve been enjoying the “heat up” around here by walking everywhere! I don’t even have to wear gloves!
Mimi recently posted..Mixed messages

6 Hope February 16, 2011 at 2:48 pm

So jealous that you can sit outside in a dress! It’s pretty chilly here although on Friday it’s supposed to be 65 degrees! I’m definitely looking forward to some springlike weather. πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Happy Valentine’s Day!…

7 Sarah for Real February 16, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I’m jealous of your sun dress! It’s definitely still winter up here.

We have a law where smokers have to be 25′ away from any building entrance so luckily that wouldn’t happen here… except it’s February and no one has any desire to be outside anyway. Ya win some… ya lose some.

8 Lizzy February 16, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Jealous ofyour ability to work outside..I’m still in the frozen tundra. Love seeing where your mobile office will pop up next.

9 Dori February 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Insanely jealous of your working outside. I just asked Derek if he knows any boys at his job for me, because I will move down there if one is willing to support me. Then I will work outside with you.
Dori recently posted..My Hip Injury – Part 2

10 Kara February 16, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Aww Abbie. I still remember how upset I was when I read about what happened to her πŸ™ I’m so glad that you have Maddie now πŸ™‚

I had the same problem with smokers anytime I tried to do schoolwork outside when I was in grad school. Yuck!
Kara recently posted..The wind kicked my butt

11 Jessica Howe February 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Meghann,
After seeing your pic of Abbie in this post, I looked for more references to her to find out what happened, and I just read about how you lost her. I’m now sitting in my office with tears streaming down my face! Just wanted to let you know how sorry I am that you had to go through that – I know it was awhile ago now (I hadn’t learned of your blog then), but I just wanted to reach out and let you know that you touched me with your sweet tribute to your girl. What a tough thing to go through. Keep up with your inspiring ways. Love to you and Maddie. πŸ™‚

12 fsugirl February 16, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Exact same with me. I am so sorry. This brought me to tears. πŸ™

13 Ashley February 16, 2011 at 3:16 pm

The weathers been really nice here too. That picture of you and Abbie is so cute! I hate the smokers too, yuck.

14 Kelly February 16, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Jealous of your sundress, starbucks, and working outside.
Kelly recently posted..A Singing Puppy

15 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 16, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I would be so poor if I had a mobile office!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..5 Food and Workout Myths

16 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food February 16, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I wish I could work from Starbucks…wahhhh! I want some chocolate now, yummy!
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Time for Pot…Roast

17 Kacy February 16, 2011 at 3:40 pm

So jealous! I’d love to be able to work outside!
Kacy recently posted..A Healthy Habit Journey- Post 4 from the SIL

18 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 16, 2011 at 3:49 pm

I’m enjoying this weather too! Hope it lasts! πŸ˜€

19 Alaina February 16, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Oh, the weather is taunting me. πŸ˜›

That bowl looks familiar; is it Colorwave?
Alaina recently posted..Vegas Eats

20 Megan @ AVeryMegGirl February 16, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I am stuck in a office all day and you are rubbing it in our face you are working outside πŸ˜‰

NY is suppose to be nice on Friday so lets hope we get some of that warm FL weather.

21 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 16, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I keep meaning to hit a local coffee shop that has these very comfortable looking couches and wifi access.

If only my laptop didn’t weigh 20lbs πŸ™ I really need to get an upgrade.

I love finding old photos of my current and past dogs – it makes you miss them all over again – but you also remember all the great times.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..S&ampS – a classic combination

22 Kelly February 16, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Oh how I wish I could work outside! My office currently has no windows but at least that’s about to change. πŸ™‚
Kelly recently posted..Some very good news

23 katie February 16, 2011 at 4:13 pm

ewwww I hate smoke! I know how you feel : p

Must be nice to wear a sundress! Spring needs to get here for me!
katie recently posted..If you cant Find Peanut Flour

24 sarah (sarah learns) February 16, 2011 at 4:22 pm

i am so looking forward to the weather warming up here in wisconsin so i can work outside again! so jealous of you right now. πŸ™‚
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..going green a challenge!

25 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life February 16, 2011 at 4:24 pm

It’s very annoying that banning smoking inside has now tainted our outside world, too! In NYC the mayor recently banned smoking in parks–I say bravo!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..How to have a Better Marriage

26 Sana February 16, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Blah I had smokers on campus!
Sana recently posted..Wordy Words

27 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 16, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I think it is wonderful that you can ‘move’ your office!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Let them eat cake… or a GF chocolate torte!

28 Laurie February 16, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Lucky you! I agree with you about the smokers! Yuck! Aww, sweet picture of you and Abbie………

29 Tracy @ Commit To Fit February 16, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I love heading to the coffee shop to work. Sometimes you just need to get out of your house and be inspired by new surroundings πŸ™‚
Tracy @ Commit To Fit recently posted..Building a Better Blogger for Fitness Professionals

30 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 16, 2011 at 6:44 pm

I can’t wait to sit out in the sun in a dress!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..&lt3 breakfast for two &lt3

31 Trish February 16, 2011 at 8:23 pm

How can you see the screen outside? I work from home too and thought it would be amazing to sit by the pool and work – well that didn’t go well at all! I was so sad -there was just way too much glare, even in the shade. I couldn’t see anything on my screen.

32 Jess-The SemiAbnormal Gal February 16, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Love that little plate for your chocolate….makes for a great picture, literally.
Jess-The SemiAbnormal Gal recently posted..Sketchy is as Sketchy Does

33 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 16, 2011 at 9:12 pm

glad you’re getting your outside blogging done and enjoying the weather!
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Chocolate Stash &amp What to Make Next

34 RunningOnCoffee February 16, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Jealous of your weather…but it was 50 in NJ today! I took advantage and enjoyed an afternoon run. 65 this Friday, can’t wait!

I hate the smell of cigarette smoke too. Sometimes it gives me headaches. And I get really annoyed when I run past someone who is out walking their dog smoking, and I can’t get the smell out of my nose! Luckily my work = a school = smoke free!

Cute picture of you and Abbie… πŸ™‚
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Speed Work- 800s

35 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 16, 2011 at 10:41 pm

It was so nice and warm here, and now it’s supposed to be rain on and off for 10 days! Ugh, that’s unheard of in California!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Hello- February!

36 victoria February 17, 2011 at 7:30 am

“….if I can only find a way to kick the Russian Smokers….”

Why is it necessary to mention their nationality, exactly?

37 Meghann February 17, 2011 at 9:08 am

I guess for no reason. They were just speaking Russian at the time so that’s how I referred to them. I’m sure if I was in Russia speaking English (American) they would refer to me as the American Non-Smoker?

38 J February 17, 2011 at 11:59 am

UGGGHHH…….Why do you People let your nasty dogs lick your mouths??

39 Jessica February 18, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Haha most dog’s mouths are cleaner and more germ-free than humans. πŸ™‚