Jamba Juice Love

by Meghann on February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day!

jack_russell_terrier_valentines_sticker-p217860137275115668qjcl_400.jpg

Derek and I are celebrating Valentine’s Day in the JFK Jet Blue Terminal this morning.

The JetBlue Terminal is actually realllllyyy nice. There’s only one thing missing… a Starbucks. I know people in the Northeast are crazy for Dunkin Donuts, but when you’re a Tea Latte drinker – like myself – Dunkin Donuts just isn’t the same. πŸ˜‰

BUT they do have a Jamba Juice

Jamba Juice is one of those treats I only enjoy at random airports across the U.S. It’s my favorite pre-flight treat. πŸ™‚

I ordered the Strawberry Chunky Topper (sans the banana)

IMG_4572.jpg

I love the hint of peanut butter mixed with the crunch of the granola. It reminds me of smoothies I would make at home. πŸ™‚

Looks like our flight is on time.

We should be back home before lunch. Score! πŸ™‚

Do you have any big Valentine’s Day plans today? Or did you already celebrate the day of love over the weekend?

1 movesnmunchies February 14, 2011 at 8:33 am

i so with they had jamba juice here!!! their stuff always looks so good via the internet..! i dont have any V-day plans.. no significant other for me!
movesnmunchies recently posted..The Big Carb Debate…

2 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 14, 2011 at 8:34 am

My bf is making dinner for me tonight and I’m nto allowed to help, so that’s his Valentine’s Day gift to me πŸ™‚ We’re headed to Nashville this weekend so that’s how we’re celebrating!

Have a safe flight!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..29 Birthday Eats

3 Lizzy February 14, 2011 at 8:37 am

Happy Valentine’s Day! DD is the best but I am a northeastern girl. Safe travels.
Lizzy recently posted..Love Is In the Air

4 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. February 14, 2011 at 8:51 am

Happy Valentine’s Day to you and Derek! It’s just another day for me…the joys of being single! Haha
Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..vegan for a week reflections

5 Ashley February 14, 2011 at 9:03 am

I already celebrated VDay on Saturday. I’m not a big fan of DD either.

6 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food February 14, 2011 at 9:06 am

Happy Valentines Day! I heard that terminal is REALLY nice. No big plans here for Valentines Day. We don’t really celebrate, but I’m making one of his favs for dinner…pot roast πŸ™‚
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Let’s Go Coconuts

7 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 14, 2011 at 9:11 am

I don’t really have plans for today but I did make myself some delicious waffles this weekend! Have a safe flight Meghann, and happy Valentine’s Day! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Who needs boys…

8 Kelly February 14, 2011 at 9:13 am

I have a hot date with the grocery store and gym tonight, wooo. Haha. My love lives in Wisconsin, so we’ll celebrate next month when I see him.
Kelly recently posted..A Singing Puppy

9 Mimi February 14, 2011 at 9:18 am

I love it when smoothie places offer granola! That looks like a perfect pre-flight treat!

10 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life February 14, 2011 at 9:18 am

Jet Blue at JFK is THE BEST flying experience–new, clean, light, and great food! Safe travels.
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..The Marginal Cost of Children

11 Kiran February 14, 2011 at 9:19 am

Jet Blue rocks! It’s very comfy πŸ˜‰ Happy V-day to you both and have a safe flight home!
Kiran recently posted..Our Valentine

12 Erica February 14, 2011 at 9:22 am

When I used to live in Boston, I was dunkin donuts crazy! Once I moved, I switched to starbucks. Dunkin donuts in the south do not taste right. Your breakfast looks yummy- great topping. Safe travels πŸ™‚ We kind of do mini Valentine’s day celebrating. We did some yesterday, some today
Erica recently posted..E- Josh’s Birthday &amp Pregnancy Update

13 Hope February 14, 2011 at 9:23 am

I’ve always wanted to try Jamba Juice! Sadly, there are none near me. I will have to wait till I travel to try in an airport. Haha! I’m cooking a special V-Day dinner tonight. πŸ™‚ I’m excited! Happy Valentine’s Day! Have a safe flight!
Hope recently posted..Happy Valentine’s Day!…

14 sarah (sarah learns) February 14, 2011 at 9:31 am

i’m with you – starbucks over dd any day! πŸ™‚ my fiance and i celebrated valentine’s day this weekend. we just cooked a meal together and had a movie night. it was perfect!!

15 Maryann February 14, 2011 at 9:37 am

Im going out to dinner with my bf. Have a safe flight and happy valentines day!
Maryann recently posted..Post Exercise Fuel &amp Giveaway Winners

16 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 14, 2011 at 9:45 am

We had a nice dinner last night — I made Oh She Glows’ vegan alfredo and it was amazing. Tonight we’re having leftovers and I’m making chocolate souffles for dessert!

Have a safe flight home!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Strawberry Love Bread &amp Dairy Free Alfredo

17 Erika February 14, 2011 at 10:01 am

I think this is my first comment but I’ve been following your blog for a while…I saw that knit headband on my way to work this morning (I work downtown in NYC) and thought of your blog and was going to buy it.

The first time I saw that Jetblue terminal I think I said out loud, “are we in the future?” ha

18 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 14, 2011 at 10:01 am

I baked cookies for my sorority sisters for Valentine’s Day. Besides that, I have nothing planned. Single and proud! πŸ˜‰

19 Kaitlin February 14, 2011 at 10:14 am

Yummy smoothie! I’m sending my long-distance valentine a heart shaped pizza from Papa John’s! I’m sure he’ll love it πŸ™‚
Kaitlin recently posted..Bigcats Wild Weekend

20 Kara February 14, 2011 at 10:15 am

My big plan is to go for a walk with the baby and the dog in this beautiful 61 degree weather! My husband has class tonight, so no romance today (other than the box of chocolates he gave me at 6:45am this morning πŸ™‚

Hope your flight goes smoothly!
Kara recently posted..Baby chin ups and chocolate!

21 Amanda @ Eating Up February 14, 2011 at 10:22 am

I’m always so surprised when airports don’t have Starbucks! And sad.
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..A Sweet Surprise

22 Alexa @ The Girl In Chucks February 14, 2011 at 10:29 am

I won’t lie; I have eaten Donuts from the Dunkin’ stand in the JFK Jet Blue terminal. And I loved it.

(I had a fascination with the Northeasts Dunkin’ fetish. We don’t have them out here in California. On one vacation I literally took a picture of every single Dunklin’ Donuts location I saw. My friends thought I was nuts! πŸ˜‰ )

Jamba only in airports?! I love Jamba! Sure, I could make most of these things at home, but the same could be said for Starbucks drinks…I could make most of those things with one of those $1 IKEA frothers….but I don’t. I go to Starbucks, am a Gold card member and get a free coffee every 15 drinks. Go me!

No Valentines plans. The SO and I aren’t huge into Valentine’s Day. Last year he bought me a set of heart shaped measuring cups and this year he bought me some Godiva Valentine’s message chocolates, some Hello Kitty gummy candy, a ‘Be Mine’ PEZ dispenser and a card. I gave him a Bob Dylan CD…with the price tag still on because I didn’t remember to take it off before hand. Yeah. We do this romance thing right! *cough*
Alexa @ The Girl In Chucks recently posted..Everywhere You Look- er- Walk

23 Marina February 14, 2011 at 10:41 am

Smoothie looks lovely!
No special plans, only lots of love showing πŸ™‚
Marina recently posted..one done

24 Brittney February 14, 2011 at 10:45 am

No big plans today since my hubby is in TX right now. He did send me cupcakes for Valentines Day yesterday though. Perfect gift!
Brittney recently posted..No Golden Corral

25 melissa February 14, 2011 at 10:49 am

Jamba usually has tea lattes, but I don’t know if they are good. Probs no starbucks. Safe travels!
melissa recently posted..Time to Ski!

26 skinnyrunner February 14, 2011 at 10:53 am

now that is a romantic place to spend your Vday morning! but at least your not alone. plus you get food. thats pretty much awesome.
skinnyrunner recently posted..Randomocity is romantic

27 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 14, 2011 at 11:04 am

We already celebrated V Day this past weekend: out for breakfast on Saturday and homemade pizza & ice cream sundaes last night. I loved it! Safe travels!

28 Fit Chick Britt February 14, 2011 at 11:11 am

We’re doing our usually heart shaped pizza and champagne with a movie about love of course! πŸ™‚ Happy Valentine’s Day!

29 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy February 14, 2011 at 11:11 am

I haven’t had Jamba in so long–I need to change that!!

My bf and I are going out to dinner tonight–nothing big, just low key. πŸ™‚

30 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 14, 2011 at 11:19 am

My husband and I celebrated our day of love as a week in Vegas. πŸ˜‰ He left for 2 week Army training so I’ll be spending the afternoon with my Grammy.
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Vegas Eats

31 Ellie @ The Mommyist February 14, 2011 at 11:28 am

My big Valentine’s Day plans consist of making Valentine’s day cards for my husband with my toddler. Glamourous, I know!
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Blue Skys

32 Matt February 14, 2011 at 11:46 am

Have a safe flight!
Matt recently posted..Week In Review- 2-7-11-2-13-11

33 Lauren C. February 14, 2011 at 12:37 pm

My bf and I are going to see, ‘Just Go with It’, and making dinner at home. Restaurants are too crazy today! PS- s0 jealous of your ski trip!
Lauren C. recently posted..Feelin’ the Love!

34 Kacy February 14, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Love the Maddie Valentine!
I used to work at Jamba and thought the topper was so weird, now I think it’s the best idea ever! Ha.
Have a good Valentine’s Day!

35 jewels February 14, 2011 at 1:06 pm

weird! i’m from NY and don’t know anyone that likes dunkin- everyone is starbucks crazy

36 Ashley February 14, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I love that terminal as well. There is a great little tea shop there also as an FYI! πŸ™‚ Hope you all made it home safely.
Ashley recently posted..Cupid Sent Me Good Monday Vibes

37 Lauren February 14, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I’ve only been to Jamba twice, I wish there was one in my state! My plans are a surprise dinnner!!
Lauren recently posted..It’s OK to…

38 Clare @ Fitting It All In February 14, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I was in your neck of the woods this weekend visiting my boyfriend, so now that I’m home today will be low-key. Have a great day!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Monday Man-Day- The REAL Reason To Celebrate Today

39 Allie February 14, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Mmmm smoothie! I have never had one from Jamba.. but it looks awesome haha. I hope your flight was safe and that you have a Happy V-Day πŸ™‚
Allie recently posted..&lt3

40 Katherine: Unemployed February 14, 2011 at 4:35 pm

love is in the blender! who knew
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Butch Walker