#SkiBlog11

by Meghann on February 11, 2011

Gooooooooodddd Mooorrrnnningggg Vermont!!

Much, Much different than Florida, but I’ll take it. πŸ˜‰

We arrived late last night, but not too late for wine. Obviously.

Here’s to skiing, friends, Vermont, and good times!! πŸ™‚

The women drank wine, while the men made fire.

Now it feels like vacation.

We stayed up way past my bedtime drinking wine, telling stories, and having a good laugh. This is my first vacation with multiple couples and I can tell I’m already a fan. I had the most ridiculous smile plastered all over my face and I’m afraid it’s going to be here all weekend. πŸ™‚

This morning the wonderful sunshine filling my room instantly pulled me out of bed. I ran downstairs and found a couple of ladies already up and ready to explore the big beautiful house we’re staying in.

We’re staying at Ashley’s Aunt’s house just outside Manchester City, VT for a long weekend. It’s her Aunt’s second home and it’s absolutely GORGEOUS!

Breakfast was fend for yourself. We came prepared with the makings for bagels or bowls of cereal.

I went with cereal. πŸ˜‰

Blogging and Breakfast!

Blogs are great for many reasons and having the ability to make friends all over the country is one of them. THis weekend several of those friends will be coming together for a great time in the snow.

Follow us on twitter this weekend under the Hashtag #SkiBlog11 πŸ™‚

1 Kaitlin February 11, 2011 at 8:52 am

What a gorgeous house! Makes me want a vacation! πŸ™‚
Kaitlin recently posted..Bacteria woes

2 Heather @ Side of Sneakers February 11, 2011 at 8:54 am

Ahh so jealous of weekend skiing in Vermont- and you have great company! πŸ™‚
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..Red Pepper Pesto Risotto Cakes

3 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 11, 2011 at 8:56 am

What a beautiful house! Hope you have a wonderful weekend in the snow!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..February Grocery Event- Produce

4 Amanda February 11, 2011 at 9:01 am

What a great trip! Vermont is so pretty. I don’t even ski but I prefer their mountains and little resort towns over my own most of the time. I think they are so peaceful and the people are so kind. That house is beautiful! Have so much fun!!
Amanda recently posted..Hello Picasa!

5 KristineFitness February 11, 2011 at 9:06 am

Ah I wish I were skiiing this weekend!!! Have fun!
KristineFitness recently posted..Let your taste buds dance!

6 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 11, 2011 at 9:12 am

Super pretty! And check out those icicles! Woah! πŸ™‚
Looks like a great and fun crowd! πŸ˜€ Have fun!

7 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 11, 2011 at 9:14 am

Oh my goodness, this looks like SO much fun!! I am not a huge ski junkie but all the scenery in your photos looks gorgeous. I hope you have a great time Meghann!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..β€œI’ll make you banana pancakes- pretend like it’s the weekend now”

8 RunningOnCoffee February 11, 2011 at 9:14 am

That’s awesome that you have a nice big house to stay in together!
We’re leaving in an hour or so for our tiny little hotel room in Killington πŸ™‚ Looks like the conditions will be great this weekend!!
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Ski Preparations and a Pace Run

9 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food February 11, 2011 at 9:17 am

I’ve always wanted to go to Vermont for some skiing! What a great house with great people πŸ™‚ Can’t wait to hear more about your trip!

10 Ashley February 11, 2011 at 9:17 am

So jealous, it looks absolutely gorgeous there.

11 Dori February 11, 2011 at 9:18 am

That picture of Derek with the wood and wine is priceless. Have fun this weekend!
Dori recently posted..My Response to the NY Times Article

12 Courtney February 11, 2011 at 9:21 am

That picture of Derek with the wood and wine is totally frame worthy!

13 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 11, 2011 at 9:21 am

I looove that you have a Twitter hashtag for this weekend…it looks like SO MUCH FUN. Have a blast skiing today!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Josies Restaurant

14 kristy @ kristyruns.com February 11, 2011 at 9:21 am

Fun! Such a beautiful place!!! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Couple’s Yoga

15 Alicia February 11, 2011 at 9:26 am

have fun!! πŸ™‚
Alicia recently posted..Spring Dreams

16 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 11, 2011 at 9:40 am

One day I hope and pray that Jason and I have 2 homes — that sounds fabulous to me! What a beautiful place.

Enjoy your vacation!

17 Kara February 11, 2011 at 9:43 am

I would just stay in that nice cozy house all weekend πŸ™‚ I hope you enjoy skiing and partying with all the bloggers!
Kara recently posted..The Yawn of Annoyance

18 rebecca lustig February 11, 2011 at 9:51 am

Wow, what a gorgeous house!

I’ve always wanted to ski up in Vermont, but it hasn’t happened yet… One day, one day

19 Kelly February 11, 2011 at 9:58 am

Beautiful views and beauitful home! Have fun skiing today! πŸ™‚
Kelly recently posted..Princess and IronGirl Half Training Plan

20 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing February 11, 2011 at 10:04 am

Looks like you’re having a blast! Makes me look forward to my own couple vacation coming up this May!
Carolyn @ Lovin’ Losing recently posted..Snow Day Smoothie

21 Mimi February 11, 2011 at 10:11 am

I’ve never been to Vermont, so I am extra jealous! Everything looks gorgeous. What’s the temperature?
Mimi recently posted..Close to home

22 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) February 11, 2011 at 10:19 am

Oh my goodness, that house is stunning! Have a great vacation πŸ™‚
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..Two Eggs in a Pod

23 Kasey @ thisbodyismyhome February 11, 2011 at 10:28 am

Looks a lot like the weather here in Canada! Make sure you enjoy lots of maple syrup before you head back down south πŸ™‚
Kasey @ thisbodyismyhome recently posted..The graduation dilemma

24 Shanna, like Banana February 11, 2011 at 10:32 am

That house looks fabulous!

I love going to destinations with other couples. Best way to travel. In fact, I’m going with two of my bestie’s and their hubby’s to Kauai in just over a week!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Italian Tofu – Manga!

25 Amanda @ Eating Up February 11, 2011 at 10:38 am

What a fun weekend! Can’t wait to read about all your guys’ adventures!
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..A Sweet Surprise

26 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 11, 2011 at 10:51 am

Looks like it is going to be a great weekend πŸ˜‰
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..The Athlete’s Plate Challenge- Tempeh

27 Hope February 11, 2011 at 10:56 am

That house is beautiful! I can’t wait to read all about your trip!! Sounds like fun! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Philly Auto Show- Baby Kyleigh &amp The Rest of the Weekend…

28 Lauren February 11, 2011 at 10:57 am

Have fun at Stratton! See if you can get sugar on snow somewhere, with real VT maple syrup.
Lauren recently posted..It’s OK to…

29 hippierunner February 11, 2011 at 11:16 am

Sounds like a perfect vacation!
hippierunner recently posted..Bad- Bad- Bad

30 RhodeyGirl February 11, 2011 at 11:26 am

I’m so sad we couldn’t come in the end!!!! Have a blast hitting up the slopes!
RhodeyGirl recently posted..Guylian Chocolate Giveaway

31 Angela February 11, 2011 at 11:44 am

That will be so much fun!! Love that Derek is wearing that hat nonstop. Best purchase ever!
Angela recently posted..Guilty Pleasures

32 Kelly February 11, 2011 at 11:48 am

So jealous of your ski trip! Have so much fun!
Kelly recently posted..Late- late- late

33 Grace February 11, 2011 at 11:49 am

That house is amazing! Have fun and be careful on the slopes=)
Grace recently posted..Indulgence

34 Kiran February 11, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I agree about friends thru blogging! It’s wonderful!! Have a great vacation πŸ™‚
Kiran recently posted..Living Abroad

35 Stephanie February 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm

This sounds like such a fun trip! I hope you guys have a blast! Stay warm up there. Wine usually does the trick lol.

36 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 11, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Doing a skiing weekend with other couples? Always a very fun time.

Enjoy the snow!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Ground turkey omelette take 2

37 Tina February 11, 2011 at 12:57 pm

And MURPHY!!! He’s excited to meet everyone!
Tina recently posted..Blog Dogs 3

38 Eliz@The Sweet Life February 11, 2011 at 1:19 pm

What a lovely home. Have a great time shushing down the slopes!
Eliz@The Sweet Life recently posted..The Marginal Cost of Children

39 Kacy February 11, 2011 at 1:31 pm

How fun! The house is gorgeous.
Kacy recently posted..A Healthy Habit Journey- Post 3 from the SIL

40 katie February 11, 2011 at 1:37 pm

That house is BEAUTIFUL!!! So nice you all can stay there, Ashley is a sweetie for that!! Her aunt is too!

Have an awesome weekend! So cool so many blogfriends coming out too!!!
katie recently posted..If you cant Find Peanut Flour

41 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm

That house is GORGEOUS!!! Have an awesome time! πŸ™‚
Kathleen @ Kat’s Health Corner recently posted..Almond Joy Pizzert Babies!

42 Robyn @ Frugal 'n' Fit! February 11, 2011 at 2:45 pm

What a perfect winter weekend!

If men make fire and women drink wine, then I am ever so glad to be on Team Female lol

43 Allie February 11, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Hope you are having fun! This is random .. but the girl behind you in your last picture looks like Kristen Stewart!
Allie recently posted..A quickie

44 Biz February 11, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Have an awesome weekend Meghann! πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..Best News!

45 Melissa @ For the Love of Health February 11, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Looks like a blast! Have fun!

46 Melissa @ For the Love of Health February 11, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Looks like a blast! Have fun!

47 Jessica @ The Process of Healing February 11, 2011 at 6:21 pm

How fun!

48 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 11, 2011 at 7:08 pm

That looks so fun! I am so jealous!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Hello- February!

49 BroccoliHut February 11, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Looks like a fun trip! Oddly enough, my family is skiing this weekend too (minus yours truly). Enjoy the slopes:)
PS Where’s Maddie hanging out this weekend?!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Frankenfoodβ€”Friend or Foe