Spinning in the City

by Meghann on February 10, 2011

Rise and Shine! It’s Spinning time!

IMG_4433.jpg

I was so afraid I was going to oversleep for the 6:30am spinning class that I was up almost every hour like clockwork. I always get so antsy when I know I have big plans in the morning!

Luckily all the waking up didn’t effect my ability to hop out of bed this morning. Right at 5:30 I was up and ready to go! A quick change and a piece of bread later, my hosts and I were out the door and on our way to my first Equinox Spinning Class.

Ashley was a sweetheart and managed to grab an extra gym pass, so I could join her, Bo, and Sara for this weekly spinning class this morning.

They’ve all raved about the instructor in the past and I could see why – she was amazing. Full of spirit and full of life. I love a great instructor whose passion for what she’s teaching always shines through. Plus, she wasn’t easy. The class relied heavily on intervals and by the end I felt worked.

We stayed and chatted for a bit then Ashley headed to work and I headed back to her apartment to ready myself for the day.

Ashley and Bo are greats hosts and made sure we had plenty of options for breakfast this morning. I ended up finding this container of Oat Bran in their pantry that I knew would make for a great hot meal on this cold city day.

IMG_4442.jpg

The oat bran cooked in no time. I added a scoop of peanut butter, apple butter, and some berries Ashley had left to defrost for Derek and me.

The breakfast was delicious! Thank you Bo and Ashley for letting Derek and I raid your kitchen!! 🙂

We’re packing up and heading up to Vermont later this evening. Derek and I plan to explore the city until then, but don’t have anything in particular in mind on what to do. I’m sure we’ll figure it out. 🙂

1 lindsay February 10, 2011 at 10:20 am

where in VT are you headed? If you need any activity/restaurant/entertainment suggestions let me know!
lindsay recently posted..Cookbook Club- Book 2 Appetite For Reduction

2 Ashley February 10, 2011 at 10:59 am

We’re heading to my family’s house in Manchester Center and then skiing at Stratton! 🙂
Ashley recently posted..Return of the Artic Blast

3 Ali @ Ali Runs February 10, 2011 at 10:20 am

I have never tried spinning but really want to. The class schedule at my gym never seems to work out with mine. Have fun exploring today!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Family Birthday Party

4 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 10, 2011 at 10:24 am

I’ve always wanted to try spinning also! Have fun in the city today.
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..February Grocery Event- Produce

5 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) February 10, 2011 at 10:25 am

So nice to meet you, sorry if I scared you with my brash New Yorker talk at 7am… 🙂
xoxo
S
Sara (Miles and Manhattan) recently posted..‘Beauty’ Routines…betty or a boop

6 Jess (Daly Authenticity) February 10, 2011 at 10:26 am

What great hosts! The class sounded so great! Isn’t it fun getting your day started off on the right foot, even if you are on vacation!?!?
Jess (Daly Authenticity) recently posted..Easy Weeknight Skillet Chicken Pasta

7 Hope February 10, 2011 at 10:30 am

Sounds like a great class! So nice of your hosts to leave you with a great breakfast! Yum! Have fun exploring! 🙂
Hope recently posted..Philly Auto Show- Baby Kyleigh &amp The Rest of the Weekend…

8 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 10, 2011 at 10:32 am

I took my first spin class last week! So much fun and very addicting! Enjoy NYC and have fun in Vermont! 😀

9 Lauren @ Team Giles February 10, 2011 at 10:34 am

I love spinning. That’s one of the things I miss about having a gym membership. I SO want to go back to NYC, your posts are making me crave it. 🙂
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..Weight Loss Story – Part 2

10 kristy @ kristyruns.com February 10, 2011 at 10:35 am

What a great start!! 🙂 Have fun exploring!
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Couple’s Yoga

11 Ann February 10, 2011 at 10:39 am

I use the same oat bran! All those berries look so nice on top! Makes me wish for summer. Unfortunately I’m stuck at home since it’s too icy outside, so I can’t even go to the grocery and buy some frozen berries to tide me over…
Ann recently posted..Cant be Perfect

12 Dori February 10, 2011 at 10:41 am

Sounds like a really great class. And I love Sara! Glad you got to meet her. Have fun today!
Dori recently posted..My Response to the NY Times Article

13 Lauren February 10, 2011 at 10:44 am

I love spinning! I hope you enjoy VT, but get ready – it’s cold up here!
Lauren recently posted..Snowy Sidewalk Slush

14 Ashley February 10, 2011 at 11:00 am

I’m glad you loved the class! Her passion and enthusiasm is fabulous and normally her music is even better!
Ashley recently posted..Return of the Artic Blast

15 Chelsey (Cookteen) February 10, 2011 at 11:01 am

Definitely go to EATaly, it is such an AMAZING experience. I loved the vegetable restaurant, such an interesting way to organize a store.
Chelsey (Cookteen) recently posted..Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Cookies

16 Lindsay February 10, 2011 at 11:02 am

Ah, Equinox looks lovely– glad you had a fun workout! Enjoy the rest of your day in NYC!
Lindsay recently posted..Marking the Calendar…Race Time!

17 Ellie @ The Mommyist February 10, 2011 at 11:07 am

Have
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..My Favorite Day

18 Ellie @ The Mommyist February 10, 2011 at 11:07 am

Have some pizza for me!
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..My Favorite Day

19 Kelly February 10, 2011 at 11:20 am

I feel like i’m the only person in the world who hates spinning. I hate it. My butt hurts from the seat for like 3 days after.
Kelly recently posted..Late- late- late

20 Eliz@The Sweet Life February 10, 2011 at 11:25 am

Sounds like a fun trip. Equinox is quite the place–and they sell great clothing in their boutiques, too. For a birthday treat, get a cookie at Levain on the UWS!
Eliz@The Sweet Life recently posted..For better or worseor recession

21 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 10, 2011 at 11:28 am

Enjoy your day! I absolutely love exploring NYC – so jealous!

22 Kiran February 10, 2011 at 11:42 am

Ive never heard or even went for a spin class! Sounds exciting 🙂 Enjoy exploring NYC and can’t wait to read your Vermont skiing adventures!!!
Kiran recently posted..Living Abroad

23 Ashley February 10, 2011 at 11:58 am

I’ve never been to a spin class but I use the indoor bike. Is that the same thing? My butt always hurts afterward, so I think I’ll stick with the non sitting cardio.

24 Katherine: Unemployed February 10, 2011 at 12:16 pm

that’s great to get a class in! wonderful morning session
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Brad Womack

25 Mari February 10, 2011 at 12:25 pm

That’s my gym – the brand, not the actual club! Their spin classes are awesome and you are a trooper to go to a 6:30 a.m. class! Way to burn those calories first thing in the morning!

26 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 10, 2011 at 12:31 pm

You sure know how to travel! Staying in someone’s house is so much cheaper than a hotel!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..million dollar granola

27 Maryann February 10, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Ohh I have always wanted to try Equinox but it is so expensive! Breakfast looks delish, safe travels!!
Maryann recently posted..Disneyland

28 Sana February 10, 2011 at 1:17 pm

I always wake up early when I have plans to do something with someone! I love it!
Sana recently posted..Two Nuns Walking Down The Street

29 Dani February 10, 2011 at 1:38 pm
30 Kara February 10, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Did Derek at least pack ski gloves or are you going to have to buy those too? 🙂

I’d love to try spin from a good instructor, my previous experience wasn’t positive (boring and a sore butt the next day!)

31 Meghann February 10, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Yes, he has ski gloves 🙂

32 Emma February 10, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I’m jealous the spin class is at 6:30!!! At my gym, the early spin is at 6, and I go ever once and a while, but I yearn for just an extra 30 minutes. enjoy!
Emma recently posted..Forget Regret