A Special Trip

by Meghann on February 9, 2011

Good morning lovelies.

Guess where we are? πŸ˜‰

Derek and I are on our way to NYC to spend the day exploring the beautiful city. Tomorrow we’re off to Vermont for a ski-filled weekend with friends. It’s a Birthday/Valentine’s Day/ Anniversary long weekend getaway that’s been the works for months. We can’t wait! πŸ™‚

Lately I’ve been getting stuck on some pretty early flights, so I was really thankful when we were able to book a 10am flight out of Orlando for this morning. This gave me time to do some last minute packing (though I was still up until midnight last night gathering things up) and get a real breakfast at home instead of packing one for the road.

I played the role of giving girlfriend and forfeited my left over birthday pancakes to Derek so he could try their sweet goodness this morning (FYI: he LOVED them!). Instead I had a big bowl of cereal to power me through the 3 hour flight.

• 1/2 cup Flax Flakes
  • 1/2 cup Kashi GO Lean Crisp
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cheerios
  • Plain yogurt
  • Naturally Nutty Vanilla Peanut Butter
  • Chia Seeds
  • Strawberries

I also packed a peach for a mid-flight snack.

We should land at NYC around lunch time. (oh where, oh where should we go? πŸ˜‰ )

Until then I’m sticking with my Awake Tea Latte with one pump of Mocha for energy.

IMG_4424.jpg

I know I’m suppose to be trying all the syrups, but I’m kind of stuck on Mocha for the moment. What can I say? I’m a chocolate girl! πŸ˜‰

And just in case you think I’m superwoman – I’m not.

Screen shot 2011-02-09 at 9.38.33 AM.png

It happens to the best of us.

See ya in NYC!

1 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 9, 2011 at 9:47 am

Have a super fun weekend trip!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..February Grocery Event- Produce

2 Jess (Daly Authenticity) February 9, 2011 at 9:47 am

Have a blast Meghann and Derek! Looking forward to reading along for the ride! πŸ™‚
Jess (Daly Authenticity) recently posted..Easy Weeknight Skillet Chicken Pasta

3 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 9, 2011 at 9:48 am

Oh how fun!!! I’m very jealous.

4 Lizzy February 9, 2011 at 9:49 am

Have fun in NYC and Vermont. It is COLD here right now πŸ™‚ Safe travels.
Lizzy recently posted..My Office Smells Funky

5 Dori February 9, 2011 at 9:50 am

Mocha is delicious, who can blame you. If they still have their toffee flavored syrup I recommend giving that a try as well. Have a safe flight!
Dori recently posted..My Response to the NY Times Article

6 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) February 9, 2011 at 9:50 am

You should go to Chat and Chew which is close to Ash’s apt and enjoy their mac and cheese or the kitchen sink salad πŸ™‚ HAPPY BDAY TRIP πŸ™‚
xoxo
s
Sara (Miles and Manhattan) recently posted..β€˜Beauty’ Routines…betty or a boop

7 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) February 9, 2011 at 9:50 am

HAVE FUN!! So jealous of you! πŸ˜€

Haha I’m having the same problem with my pants…post cookie-fest food baby! πŸ˜›

8 Ali @ Ali on the Run February 9, 2011 at 9:51 am

Safe travels and have a blast while you’re in NYC!
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..The Best Weekend Ever

9 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun February 9, 2011 at 9:52 am

I loved that tweet when I saw it pop up. Not because your pants are tight….but I love your sarcasm. πŸ˜€
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..What is That!!

10 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 9, 2011 at 9:52 am

Have a great trip! Sounds like fun.

11 Amy February 9, 2011 at 9:53 am

Argh! I hate when sweet treats catch up with us. Don’t do anything about it until you’re back from Vermont though – enjoy your break!
Amy recently posted..how many more weeks of winter

12 Kara February 9, 2011 at 9:55 am

That sounds like such a fun weekend! My husband would never eat my birthday pancakes, so I wouldn’t have to be nice and share πŸ™‚

13 Kiran February 9, 2011 at 10:03 am

Have a great trip! And NYC is foodie’s heaven after all. Enjoy!!!
Kiran recently posted..Living Abroad

14 jane February 9, 2011 at 10:05 am

omg are u going to come back with a diamond ring??

15 Jess February 9, 2011 at 11:45 am

My thoughts exactly! Last trip like that I went on I came back with one! πŸ™‚

16 jen @ taste life February 9, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I would be really surprised if she didn’t come back with a diamond ring!
jen @ taste life recently posted..Snacker

17 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 9, 2011 at 10:10 am

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!! I hope you have fun and can’t wait to see some photos! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..β€œI’ll make you banana pancakes- pretend like it’s the weekend now”

18 Jenna @ Eating Green, Staying Lean February 9, 2011 at 10:13 am

Fun!! I’m from VT and jealous that you get to visit with all of the snow they have up there!! Enjoy!
Jenna @ Eating Green, Staying Lean recently posted..Lazzyy night in

19 kristy @ kristyruns.com February 9, 2011 at 10:16 am

Have fun! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..The Strangest Job

20 Emily February 9, 2011 at 10:16 am

So jealous you’re going to NYC and Vermont! Such fabulous places. Enjoy and happy birthday/valentines/anniversary! πŸ™‚
Emily recently posted..Things Ive been thinking about lately

21 Kelly February 9, 2011 at 10:26 am

I love the sarcasm! I type things like this all the time then hit backspace because I’m afraid someone is going to take what I say literally. Thanks for not hitting the backspace. πŸ˜‰ And have a fabulous time!!!
Kelly recently posted..Lisa Frank and newer vices

22 Karen February 9, 2011 at 10:31 am

Give a call to Del Posto (one of Batali’s restaurants) and see if they have any room for lunch. They’ve got a $29 prix fixe 3-course lunch that will seriously be the best meal you’ve ever eaten. Have fun on your trip!

23 Maddie February 9, 2011 at 10:33 am

Vermont is AMAZING. I will be there this weekend too! πŸ˜€ Are you skiing anywhere good? They are supposed to get a little snow everyday this weekend, so it should make for excellent skiing. Maybe I’ll run into you, it’s not that big of a state! πŸ˜€

24 Ashley February 9, 2011 at 10:43 am

We’re skiing at Stratton Mountain!
Ashley recently posted..Return of the Artic Blast

25 megan @ blackberries for jam February 9, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I live in Vermont too and I’m going skiing on Friday! We’re going to Smuggler’s Notch though, further north! Have a wonderful time!
megan @ blackberries for jam recently posted..Favorites- Ezekiel English Muffins

26 Maddie February 9, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I haven’t been to Stratton, but I’m sure it’s as fabulous as the rest of the state! I got married about an hour north of that mountain in Rutland and I’ll be in Burlington this weekend! πŸ˜€ It’s a great place to go!
Maddie recently posted..Triple Tangent Tuesday

27 amy February 9, 2011 at 7:11 pm

I’m going to stratton on sunday!! I <3 Stratton! So beautiful and amazing!! have an amazing time!

28 Ali @ Ali Runs February 9, 2011 at 10:36 am

Have fun on your trip!!! Can’t wait to read all about it! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Family Birthday Party

29 Gwen February 9, 2011 at 10:37 am

I’m so jealous you are all going to VT! Give my homestate a smooch for me! Enjoy the weekend! <3
Gwen recently posted..Sick and Tired and Sneezing Up a Storm!

30 Kelli @ Howdy from NYC February 9, 2011 at 10:43 am

If you have some cash to spare you should definitely do dinner at Inoteca. BEST ITALIAN EVER. Try the eggplant lasagna – it’ll be the best thing you’ve ever put in your mouth.
Kelli @ Howdy from NYC recently posted..Honorary Pennsylvania Queen

31 Ashley February 9, 2011 at 10:43 am

Let me know where you end up going as I may stop by to say hi if you’re near my office (midtown East).
Ashley recently posted..Return of the Artic Blast

32 Hope February 9, 2011 at 10:46 am

Sounds like such a fun trip! Have a great time! I can’t wait to read all about it! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Philly Auto Show- Baby Kyleigh &amp The Rest of the Weekend…

33 sana February 9, 2011 at 10:47 am

Enjoyyy, I was happy I got my jeans on this morningggg. Lol
sana recently posted..Two Nuns Walking Down The Street

34 Ashley February 9, 2011 at 10:51 am

Have an awesome trip. You’re still super woman meghann, just with tighter jeans a the moment.

35 Little Bookworm February 9, 2011 at 10:55 am

Hope you have a fantastic trip!
Little Bookworm recently posted..Breakfast and Chocolate Cups

36 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 9, 2011 at 10:56 am

Aw, what a fun trip you have planned! Enjoy it!

37 Ellie @ The Mommyist February 9, 2011 at 11:01 am

Have fun!
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..My Favorite Day

38 Christina February 9, 2011 at 11:15 am

Safe travels! Dress warm because it’s a cold one today! It’s beautiful out here though so I’m sure you guys will love it.

Yay to a bday/anniversary weekend out here and then to Vermont! I’ve always wanted to go skiing in Vermont but sometimes those trips are so hard to plan with friends. I think if me and G-man went just us two we may get bored and drink too much wine….hmm that may be a fun trip actually…lol!! Have a blast!
Christina recently posted..Weekend haps and simple marinara

39 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 9, 2011 at 11:19 am

Wait….you mean….you’re a real person?! I never knew πŸ™‚ Happens to the best of us!

Have a safe flight, I can’t wait for dinner tonight!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Josies Restaurant

40 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] February 9, 2011 at 11:25 am

Great attitude (about the pants). Have a wonderful weekend!!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..A Lesson for Me- A Lesson for You

41 Sarah for Real February 9, 2011 at 11:34 am

Wee! Fun! Have a great time! I’m sure after all that skiing your pants will button again in no time πŸ˜‰

42 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 9, 2011 at 11:43 am

Have a fun trip!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Travel safe!

43 Erin February 9, 2011 at 11:43 am

This is awesome–I am flying home tomorrow (Baton Rouge) for the weekend weekend to celebrate my bf’s birthday (same as yours–the 8th), Valentine’s Day, and our anniversary from two weeks ago! Nuts!

Hope y’all have a great time πŸ˜€

44 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 9, 2011 at 11:46 am

Have a fun trip! So jealous, I want to go to NYC again!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Hello- February!

45 Lauren @ Running Examiner February 9, 2011 at 11:59 am

Have fun! Just be advised that NYC is COLD right now! (I’m sure Vermont is too!) It’s too bad you’ll be missing the reported ‘heat wave’ we’ll be experiencing this weekend…low 40s…you’ve got to love wintertime in the Northeast. πŸ˜‰

Enjoy your various celebrations this weekend!
Lauren @ Running Examiner recently posted..Run in the New Year

46 Rachel February 9, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Have fun in Vermont! I hope you packed some extra-warm clothes – it’s COLD up here!
Rachel recently posted..Admitting It

47 Lauren February 9, 2011 at 12:10 pm

What a great surprise!!! This trip sounds incredible and just what you need. Have a blast!!!
Lauren recently posted..Insanity to the Max

48 Anne @thefitbridesmaid February 9, 2011 at 12:11 pm

My friend and her boyfriend took a very similar trip at New Year’s! Two days in NYC and then on up to VT to go skiing. She also got engaged on that trip . . .

HERE’S HOPING!
Anne @thefitbridesmaid recently posted..Invitation Station

49 Allie February 9, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Have an AWESOME trip and a safe flight!!!
Allie recently posted..Time for

50 katie February 9, 2011 at 12:17 pm

U and Derek are seriously the sweetest couple ever! Well me and my fiance are right there with being the sweetest too ; )

Have a blast guys!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to see what you guys do in NYC!!! xo
katie recently posted..Tuna Love Maker

51 Lauren February 9, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I hope you have fun skiing! There’s a ton of new snow here in VT for you guys. What mountain are you skiing at?!
Lauren recently posted..Snowy Sidewalk Slush

52 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 9, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Ok, that is incredibly funny that you included the bit about buttoning your pants – hasn’t everyone dealt with that at one time or another!

Have a great time in NY πŸ™‚
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..A great begining

53 Mimi February 9, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I hope you and Derek enjoy some good couple time before heading north to Vermont. Oh, and KEEP WARM.

P.S. Next time you want to go somewhere cold, maybe we could work out a house swap deal. I’d love to be in Florida now!
Mimi recently posted..Lessons learned

54 Lindsey February 9, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Have a great weekend and try to stay warm! It’s freezing in NY today!

55 Danielle February 9, 2011 at 12:41 pm

NYC is freezing today! I hoped you packed tons of layers! And you should absolutely go to Peels for lunch, it’s downtown at Bowery and 2nd St- has AMAZING delicious comfort food and incredible homemade treats. It’s a beautiful restaurant too- so bright and fresh- not stuffy or too fancy.

56 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 9, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Have a great trip!

57 melissa February 9, 2011 at 1:03 pm

if you gained a little weight it was probably much needed because you were looking too skinny before! Healthy looks better than skinny!

58 Grace February 9, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I hope you have an amazing time! Sounds like so much fun!
Grace recently posted..Indulgence

59 Alicia February 9, 2011 at 1:26 pm

have fun!! go to Lombardi’s in NYC for the best pizza ever. I live about an hour from VT- I hope you are prepared for some cold weather!! πŸ™‚
Alicia recently posted..Spring Dreams

60 Doc (The Healthy PhD) February 9, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Thanks for the reality check! Winter always makes my pants hard to button….come on spring…a little more running will go a long way!
Doc (The Healthy PhD) recently posted..Lady-like

61 Kacy February 9, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Sounds fun! I wonder if anything extra special is going to happen this weekend πŸ˜‰
Kacy recently posted..A Healthy Habit Journey- Post 3 from the SIL

62 erica February 9, 2011 at 2:31 pm

have a great trip!!!

63 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 9, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Have fun in NEW YORK!!! πŸ™‚
Kathleen @ Kat’s Health Corner recently posted..Almond Joy Pizzert Babies!

64 Stephanie February 9, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Have fun in NYC! It’s my favorite city. Enjoy the weekend as well. Sounds like it will be so much fun.

You always make your breakfasts looks so yummy, lol.

65 Kelly February 9, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Have so much fun skiing with everyone!
Kelly recently posted..Late- late- late

66 Elizabeth A. February 9, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Your trip looks like a lot of fun! Ahh your darn right… It does happen to the best of us πŸ™ .. Especially during college, weight management is quite something, quite a challenge. It’s hard to dash out the door for a run @ 5&6am when you are wide open 24/7. It’l get better for me, I hope :).. Your runs always look so much fun, like the camel back!

67 CMae February 10, 2011 at 9:02 am

I am betting on a proposal during this trip!!!
CMae recently posted..Jupiter Presents- A Ghosts Murder Scene