by Meghann on February 8, 2011

Where does a 26 year old celebrate her birthday?

At the happiest place on earth, of course! πŸ˜‰

Confession: I only wanted to celebrate my birthday at Disney, so I could get a button.

There. You caught me.

And I plan to wear it all weekend. Take that. πŸ˜‰

Birthdays were meant to be celebrated at Disney World! I felt like a little kid when we stepped off the monorail for the first time and I began bouncing up and down squealing ‘It’s my Birthday! It’s my Birthday’. There’s something magical about the parks that brings out the little kid in all of us.

My Sister and I spent the day enjoying the cooler weather and light crowds at Magic Kingdom. We stuck to the Fantasyland area and rode rides I haven’t been on in years like Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and Snow White. It was exactly what I wanted for my birthday.

IMG_6916.JPG IMG_6908.JPG

We broke for lunch at the Lighthouse Cafe and were pleasantly surprised to find Vegetarian Chili as the Soup of The Day

The chili was really tasty. I loved that it was nice and thick and full of vegetables and beans.

We also split an order of fries between us.

Pleas note that I always have tea bags on hand for cold days like these.

Just ask for a [free] cup of hot water and enjoy!

More rides. More fun.

I did have ONE Birthday Treat request today. πŸ˜‰

Any guesses?

Hint. Hint.

Oh. Yes.

The Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich that puts all other Ice Cream Sandwiches to shame. The classic Main Street Bakery Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich!

Thank You, Disney World for one amazing birthday treat. :)

nom nom nom nom :)

We met my parents at Mellow Mushroom for my birthday celebratory dinner.

Birthday Beer (Turbodog Abita)

Birthday Appetizer (Spinach Artichoke Dip)

Birthday Pizza (Mega-Veggie with Tempeh instead of Tofu )

Birthday Cupcakes From Sweet! (Peanut Butter & Tiramasu)

Putting the word ‘birthday’ before everything just makes it seem that much more special right? πŸ˜‰

‘Twas an amazing birthday. Thank you! Thank you! for all the wonderful birthday wishes via comments, twitter, Facebook, text messages, phone calls, etc. You guys show know how to make a girl special!

And thank you, thank you, thank you for all the great comments regarding the premiere of my show this afternoon.

If you haven’t seen it yet, please head over here now and let me know what you think!

I already have some ideas on how we can approve on upcoming episodes (such as me actually looking at the camera when interviewing and less talking with my hands πŸ˜‰ )

1 Dori February 8, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Happy birthday!! All your food looks amazing! Tiramisu cupcake??!! And that ice cream sandwich. Ahhhhh I want it all! Very jealous. See you tomorrow for another unforgettable meal!
Dori recently posted..My Response to the NY Times Article

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 8, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Yay! What a wonderful way to spend your special day. I bet you and your sister just had the absolute BEST time!

Enjoy the remaining hours of YOUR day! :)

3 Kaitlin February 8, 2011 at 10:24 pm

YUM! All of your birthday eats look delicious. I’m glad you had such a great day! Happy Birthday, again!
Kaitlin recently posted..When Long Runs Dont Happen

4 Sana February 8, 2011 at 10:25 pm

You looked like you had soo much fun today :)!
Sana recently posted..Two Nuns Walking Down The Street

5 Morgan @ Becoming Rooks February 8, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Oh my gosh I love the ice cream sandwiches at the bakery!! Did you finish it? It defeats me every time. I end up with half it left over and melty. So sad! Happy Birthday!!
Morgan @ Becoming Rooks recently posted..Now youre cooking with – tofu!

6 Amanda @ Eating Up February 8, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Looks like a sweet birthday!
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..The Gift of a Gift-Giving Website

7 Allie February 8, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Looks like you had an AWESOME day to celebrate with awesome people :) Happy Birthday!!!
Allie recently posted..Time for

8 Sara February 8, 2011 at 10:26 pm

You are so lucky to be able to go to Disney whenever you want! It looks like you had a blast! I am a Disney fanatic and only get to go once a year because I live in Massachusetts! Happy 26th Birthday, I’ll be celebrating mine on Monday!

9 Kath Younger February 8, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Happpppppppppppppppppppppy Birthday again!!!

Glad you had a fun day of celebrating! Wish I could have been there.
Kath Younger recently posted..When Life Gives You Lemons

10 Lauren February 8, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Happy Birthday Meghann! And rock that button! I still have mine from *cough* two years ago pinned to the visor in my car! :)

11 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher February 8, 2011 at 10:32 pm

how fun, m!! happy birthday :)))

12 Cate February 8, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Wow what a great birthday!
I love that every food began with “Birthday.” And whoa that cookie ice cream sandwich looks sooo good. I also really want Mellow Mushroom right now.
Glad you had an awesome day :)
Cate recently posted..My Favorite Running Gear

13 Allie February 8, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful day, I am jealous and agree that there is no better place to celebrate you bday than the happiest and most magical place on earth! πŸ˜‰

14 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 8, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Happy birthday! You’re super cute in that video – and I loved the outfit you chose!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..happy irish woman

15 Kiran February 8, 2011 at 10:44 pm

We need to celebrate our birthdays this year in Walt Disney!!! After all, age is just a number right? πŸ˜‰
Kiran recently posted..Routine- or so I thought

16 stacey February 8, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Happy Birthday!!!

17 Mary February 8, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Happy Birthday!

Those cupcakes made me drool!
Mary recently posted..Ouch!

18 VeggieGirl February 8, 2011 at 11:19 pm

STELLAR celebration!!!
VeggieGirl recently posted..Mission- NYE in NYC – Part 5 final trip video alert!

19 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 8, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Happy Bday!!!!!!!

What a fabulous day!!

Have a wonderful bday week ( and year!) :)
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Tackling Tuesday

20 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 8, 2011 at 11:36 pm

I’m DEFINITELY hitting up Disney for my 21st! :) Maybe I can get a group of bloggers to go! How fun would that be? πŸ˜‰

I LOVE the bakery! When I was running down Main Street during the 1/2 last month, I wanted to make a fuel stop there. πŸ˜‰

21 Nicole February 8, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Your birthday eats are too good particularly the ice cream sandwich…and disney on your birthday, no better way to turn 26! Happy birthday!!

22 Brittany February 8, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Yay for birthdays! And yay for enjoying the wonderful and fabulous beer that is ABITA & made in Louisiana :)
Brittany recently posted..walking re-cap

23 Melissa @ TryingToHeal February 8, 2011 at 11:56 pm

what a great birthday!!!!

Glad you had a great day with your sister and family!!!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Whatchyamacallit

24 Brittany in TX February 8, 2011 at 11:58 pm

Happy Birthday!!! Seems like you had a blast!!!

25 Victoria February 9, 2011 at 12:18 am

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you spent it well. :)
Victoria recently posted..A Taste of Home

26 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 9, 2011 at 12:25 am

Happy birthday! What a great way to spend your day :)
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Hello- February!

27 Grace February 9, 2011 at 1:27 am

Your birthday sounded perfect! It makes me want it to be my birthday…too bad it’s in September! I’ve never seen the tiramisu cupcakes at Sweet, how was it?
Grace recently posted..Indulgence

28 Marina February 9, 2011 at 2:41 am

Happy birthday!
Looks like a perfect celebration to me :)
Marina recently posted..β€œ! perfect

29 Cynthia February 9, 2011 at 3:47 am

Looks like an amazing birthday. I love Disney World!

30 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) February 9, 2011 at 4:43 am

Looks like SUCH a fun day!! That ice cream cookie sandwich looks AMAZING! Such good birthday food! πŸ˜€
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Reader request- Contents of a gym bag…

31 Karen February 9, 2011 at 5:45 am

Happy Birthday Meghann! I couldn’t imagine a better place to celebrate. Glad you had such a great day.

32 Ada February 9, 2011 at 6:21 am

Glad you had a fun birthday!!!
Ada recently posted..Dinner and a Movie

33 Amanda February 9, 2011 at 6:35 am

How fun!! Happy Birthday! :o)

PS – LOVED the video! It’s always so cool to see how bloggers sound in real life vs how we think you sound through posts! Your so cute and peppy!! Way to go! Loved it!

34 Lauren February 9, 2011 at 6:47 am

Haha, I love putting the word “birthday” in front of everything! You totally deserved the best day! :) So glad it was a good one. Happy BIRTHDAY!!!
Lauren recently posted..Insanity to the Max

35 Little Bookworm February 9, 2011 at 6:50 am

Glad you had a great birthday – looks like a fun day! :)
Little Bookworm recently posted..Breakfast and Chocolate Cups

36 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 9, 2011 at 6:58 am

Happy birthday!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Making Adjustments

37 Errign February 9, 2011 at 7:14 am

Looks like a great way to celebrate your 26th! Happy Birthday Meghann!
Errign recently posted..Day 13 tuesday

38 Amy February 9, 2011 at 7:27 am

Happy Happy Birthday! Looks like you did have the best birthday ever!
Amy recently posted..Triple Tangent Tuesday

39 katie February 9, 2011 at 7:33 am

You definitely had an awesome birthday and I KNEW you would be rocking that pin! love it! Ok that icecream cookie sandwich looks AMAZING!!!! What an awesome treat! It looks huge!

Mellow Mushroom sounds amazing, and I love how you got tempeh on your pizza!
katie recently posted..Tuna Love Maker

40 Lizzy February 9, 2011 at 7:41 am

Yay! What an amazing birthday. I can’t think of a better place to spend it than at Disney. Wow on that ice cream sandwich, hope you enjoyed all of it!
Lizzy recently posted..My Office Smells Funky

41 natalie @ February 9, 2011 at 7:50 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! glad you had such a fun day. i always carry tea bags around with me too :) i loved your show good work!
natalie @ recently posted..job jitters

42 Hope February 9, 2011 at 7:53 am

What an amazing birthday!! I would love to spend mine in Disney! It is the best place on earth! :)
Hope recently posted..Philly Auto Show- Baby Kyleigh &amp The Rest of the Weekend…

43 Lee February 9, 2011 at 8:04 am

Happy Birthday Meghann!
Lee recently posted..Tired Legs

44 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 9, 2011 at 8:12 am

Ahhh so fun! I want to go to Disney for my 26th now too!

Are you able to eat in the restaurants at Disney without an admission ticket?

45 Kara February 9, 2011 at 8:28 am

That ice cream sandwich looks AMAZING. I want one…right….now!

Happy birthday!!
Kara recently posted..6 mile Wednesday

46 Gina G February 9, 2011 at 8:38 am

I’m so glad you had an amazing birthday girl! :)

47 Laurie February 9, 2011 at 8:57 am

I agree, that Disney is the place to spend your birthday!!! Glad you and your sister had fun! Happy Birthday again!!!!

48 Ashley February 9, 2011 at 9:10 am

Glad your birthday was amazing, just like your show ;).

49 Ali @ Ali Runs February 9, 2011 at 9:11 am

I decided I’m going to live vicariously through your blog of birthday celebrations. Because of grad school I didn’t get to celebrate for mine (which was Monday). I decided that when I’m done with grad school I am going to go on a fun trip for my birthday (hopefully to Disney!!) πŸ˜‰

But anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY (yesterday)–sounds like you had a great one! I’m sure you aren’t done celebrating yet though!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Family Birthday Party

50 Andrea February 9, 2011 at 9:15 am

Can I just say how jealous I am that you’re wearing sandals?! I invested in sub 25 degree CELSIUS boots yesterday because it has been so cold.

39 days until Spring! :)

51 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 9, 2011 at 9:25 am

I love that everything was “birthday” — hilarious!

That ice cream sandwich looks so amazing. I want one.

And I keep tea bags in my purse too — you never know when you’ll want a hot cup of tea :)
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..February Goals

52 Claire February 9, 2011 at 9:27 am

I love Disneyland AND Disneyworld! I plan to celebrate my 30th (yikes!) at Disneyland. I totally think you have to do something that makes you feel young when you are nearing an age you are a little hesitant about :)
Claire recently posted..Is it sad

53 Caroline February 9, 2011 at 9:59 am

Jeez, sounds like a perfect birthday!
I loved your show! I found it a little odd that you were always filmed from below, instead of straight on, though…

54 Heather February 9, 2011 at 10:50 am

LOVE IT! as a Disney nut and Disney travel agent, I think you picked a great way to spend your birthday! how fun! I love those ice cream sandwiches. yum! Also the mickey ice cream bar, and a dole whip…to die for!
Heather recently posted..Every Little Bit…

55 Allie February 9, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Happy belated birthday! I love how into your birthday you get. I am totally the same way, so I’m glad someone gets it!

56 LauraJayne February 9, 2011 at 12:57 pm

It sounds like you are having a wonderful birthday week – have a great trip too! I can’t wait to check out your show (when I’m not at work)!
LauraJayne recently posted..Sugar Detox Day 14- Recap

57 kathleen February 9, 2011 at 4:17 pm

i think you just might by the only floridian that actually goes to disney. kudos and happy birthday.
kathleen recently posted..It’s going by way too fast!

58 Stephanie @ Living and Loving February 9, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I just watched your episode!! GREAT JOB!!! It’s awesome :) I wish we had one out in Austin, TX! What a great way to work out! You also make me want to go back to Disney World so bad!!! It’s been such a long time since I’ve been! Probably 10 years!

59 Tara February 9, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Happy Birthday! We’re disney world for my birthday too, so I’ll get a button! Yay!
Tara recently posted..Animal Crackers in my Soup

60 Emilee February 9, 2011 at 9:06 pm

That was awesome. I want to go there. Great job!

61 Tammy (Palm Trees and Manatees) February 9, 2011 at 10:33 pm

We have so much in common as far as the eats and treats we like to eat . . . I’ve heard great things about Sweet and can’t wait to try it out. Oh, and next time you’re in Magic Kingdom, try the brownie sundae from Enchanted Grove in Fantasyland. Oh goodness, so amazing. Have a great time in NYC, and see ya when you get back! Yay!
Tammy (Palm Trees and Manatees) recently posted..The People- Pets and Places I Love

62 Erica February 10, 2011 at 11:39 am

Sorry I missed your birthday! Happy happy birthday! What a perfect way to spend it! The cookie sandwich looks AMAZING. And I just <3 mellow. Sorry I've been MIA! We were away and I will FINALLY have a post back up tomorrow!
Erica recently posted..M- Homemade Taco Seasoning Blend