Vegan Potato Lasagna Round II

by Meghann on February 7, 2011

In case you missed any of my delicious creations from this week – I would highly suggest you go back and check out this simple recipe for Vegan Potato Lasagna.

It was great Saturday night and it was great reheated for lunch today.

I’m particularly a fan of the tofu filling mixture – it was so good – and who needs pasta noodles when you have two pounds of potatoes to use up? The starchy potatoes added a nice chewy texture that is very similar to noodles, only about 50 times better than actual noodles. ;)

The vegan potato lasagna paired nicely with the side of broccoli

and a Cornbread Muffin.

This week is going to fly.

• Tonight: Dinner with Friends
  • Tomorrow: My Birthday!!!!
  • Wednesday: New York City!
  • Thursday – Sunday: Skiing!

So much to get done before then!

If you are in need of some afternoon reading check out my birthday posts of years past.

Aw… memories :)

1 Kaitlin February 7, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Yum! I hope you have an awesome birthday week! Judging from your past posts, it seems like it won’t disappoint :)
Kaitlin recently posted..When Long Runs Dont Happen

2 Hannah (Running In Freedom) February 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Can’t wait to try the lasagna. Enjoy your birthday week! Happy Birthday!!
Hannah (Running In Freedom) recently posted..Half Marathon Recap!

3 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 7, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Ooh, skiing? I’m jealous.

4 Dori February 7, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Happy birthday tomorrow!!!!!!!
Dori recently posted..My Response to the NY Times Article

5 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) February 7, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Have the best time in NYC & skiing!!
xoxo
s
Sara (Miles and Manhattan) recently posted..‘Beauty’ Routines…betty or a boop

6 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 7, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I love weeks that fly by :) You’ve got a lot going on!

7 Hope February 7, 2011 at 2:39 pm

That lasagna looks amazing! Can’t wait to read about your birthday adventures!! :)
Hope recently posted..Philly Auto Show- Baby Kyleigh &amp The Rest of the Weekend…

8 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm

You are going to NYC? Where have I been? LOL.
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Week In Review- 1-31-11-2-6-11

9 Little Bookworm February 7, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Happy birthday for tomorrow! :)
Little Bookworm recently posted..Breakfast and Chocolate Cups

10 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 7, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Ahhh yayy happy early birthday!! So excited to see you later this week!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Josies Restaurant

11 Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa February 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Happy Birthday tomorrow! It is my husband’s birthday as well. Maybe while we are out celebrating his, we’ll have an extra drink for you! :)
Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa recently posted..and the winner is

12 Eliz@The Sweet Life February 7, 2011 at 2:53 pm

This looks SO amazing! Muffins make everything better.
Eliz@The Sweet Life recently posted..Winner- Crazy Sexy Diet

13 Tami February 7, 2011 at 3:06 pm

there’s an article about Tampa in the current issue of Women’s Day magazine…
Tami recently posted..hard work

14 Megan @ AVeryMegGirl February 7, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I really need to start printing out your recipes… :-)

You are coming to NY yeahh are you having any sort of meet up while you are here? or is your time too short? I would love to say Happy Birthday while you are visiting :-)
Megan @ AVeryMegGirl recently posted..Burrrrrrr

15 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 7, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Woohoooo happy early birthday!! That’s so cool that you’re going to NYC.. I’d love to go there one day! Have a fabulous afternoon Meghann :)
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..“I’ll make you banana pancakes- pretend like it’s the weekend now”

16 Kacy February 7, 2011 at 3:16 pm

That potato lasagna looks great! Yay for b-day celebrations. Sounds like an awesome week!
Kacy recently posted..A Healthy Habit Journey- Post 3 from the SIL

17 Ashley February 7, 2011 at 3:19 pm

1Eek I started reading your blog around this time last year! Yay for birthdays!
Ashley recently posted..Im Not Dead Yet

18 Aleyta February 7, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Holy, you give me such inspiration to put down the pizza and reese’s peanut butter cups and eat healthy!!!!
Aleyta recently posted..we love grandpa &amp grandma

19 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I love potatoes way more than pasta, so that recipe is perfect!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Hello- February!

20 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm

It sure sounds like a fun week coming up! ENJOY!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..6 things I learned today…

21 katie February 7, 2011 at 4:01 pm

woot woot for your birthday!!! I get so excited for mine too ; ) I think yummy birthday cake has something to do with it ; )

NYC! How fun! I am sure it will be a blast! xo
katie recently posted..Tuna Love Maker

22 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons February 7, 2011 at 4:31 pm

This looks So epic-ly amazing…. omg! I need this in my life!
Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Feb Decor Ferret Style

23 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 7, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I am often leery of vegan lasagnas – all the ones I have made turn out dry – but yours looks delicious!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Guess who came to lunch

24 Kara February 7, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Birthday weeks are fun! I missed out on mine last year (giving birth instead and eating hospital food isn’t festive!), but this year should be great!
Kara recently posted..Tea party time

25 Jill E. February 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm

yum! have a great birthday week and enjoy skiing. i am completely jealous of the skiing part need to get my butt north to some slopes should be nice tons of snow up there.

26 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 7, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Yay! Looks like a great week ahead! :)

27 jane February 7, 2011 at 6:04 pm

wow!!! if i am doing the math correctly (which is not likely….;-) ) your grandmother was 16 when she had your mom!! i am 25 and putting pressure on the ol’ boyfriend-i want to have kids early so that i can be young when they have kids! ya know what i mean? i think its so nice that your parents were young too. nowadays with women having big careers and everything being so darn expensive it is just more difficult i guess. anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

28 Angela (the diet book junkie) February 7, 2011 at 6:06 pm

happy birthday and have fun in NYC!!

29 christina cadden February 7, 2011 at 6:57 pm

That meal looks so good!

30 Amanda (tomboy that wears makeup) February 7, 2011 at 7:03 pm

My best birthdays were my 26th in LA and my 27th in NYC. Other than that, I think all my birthdays have been up here in Canada;)

31 Amanda (tomboy that wears makeup) February 7, 2011 at 7:03 pm

oops, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

32 Amy February 7, 2011 at 7:45 pm

where are you going skiing? I am going this weekend as well! Get ready for some cold!!
Amy recently posted..Slow down Sunday

33 Ada February 7, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Hooray for NYC! Are you doing any meet-ups?
Ada recently posted..Dinner and a Movie

34 Allie February 7, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Mmmmm your lasagna looks legit and you do have a busy week! Enjoy :)
Allie recently posted..Super Bowl Sunday

35 ezzie February 7, 2011 at 9:04 pm

gotta try that lasagnea soon!
ezzie recently posted..Oatmeal Ddeok

36 ezzie February 7, 2011 at 9:04 pm

gotta try that lasagnea soon!
ezzie recently posted..Oatmeal Ddeok

37 Allison @ PickyEatingRD February 7, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Happy early birthday!!! Enjoy NYC love it!!

38 Mimi February 8, 2011 at 8:22 am

I’m just not a HUGE fan of pasta. Never have been. But potatoes? That’s another story! Guess that goes to show how Irish I am!
Mimi recently posted..Life can be tough