‘Twas the night before my birthday

by Meghann on February 7, 2011

and all through the town

the wine was beginning to flow

the celebrations had already begun

I <3 birthdays. πŸ™‚

My friend Aimee sent an e-mail out last week asking if anyone wanted to join her for a ‘girl’s night out.’ It just so happened that the date that worked for the three of us also happened to be the day before my birthday. What better way to celebrate a birthday than with a girl’s night out? Sign me up!

We met at the Dragonfly Sushi Restaurant off Sand Lake Rd in Orlando. All three of us are fans of the original Dragonfly in Gainesville and were interested in trying the new Orlando version of the popular restaurant.

It was a lot of the same. (in a good way) Same decor, same menu, and same happy hour specials. πŸ˜‰

IMG_6795.jpg

All glasses of wine for $6. Can’t beat that. So I ordered the most expensive glass they had. Obviously. πŸ˜‰

The three of us shared an order of edamame.

(Yummy)

A veggie and shrimp tempura roll

And the signature ‘Dragonfly Roll’ <— OMG delicious!!!

Some of the better sushi I’ve ever had. Especially that Dragonfly Roll. Yums. πŸ™‚

Free Menchies for Dessert!

Did I mention I love birthdays? I also love Apple Pie Frozen Yogurt. πŸ™‚

Earlier I had an Oatmeal Cookie Bar

(side note: If you are looking to do a one-on-one webinar on the cheap – try Skype! The new screen sharing feature is amazing and so easy to use! πŸ™‚ )

When I wake up tomorrow I will be 26. So strange.

Good night!

1 Ali @ Ali on the Run February 7, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Aw so much fun! Enjoy your last hour and a half at 25!
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..The Best Weekend Ever

2 Karolina February 7, 2011 at 10:34 pm

The food looks amazing! Happy early birthday:)
Karolina recently posted..REBT &amp Challenging Your Irrational Beliefs

3 Kiran February 7, 2011 at 10:34 pm

What an awesome dinner to welcome a huge celebration tomorrow πŸ˜‰
Kiran recently posted..Epic

4 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 7, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Happy early birthday! I hope you have a great day tomorrow πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Hello- February!

5 Jaclyn February 7, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Yum I love birthday and sushi… and menchies ;D
Happy early birthday Meghann πŸ™‚

6 Kristy @ KristyRuns February 7, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Wooo hooo! Happy early birthday! Looks like you’re starting your birthday week off right! πŸ˜‰
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..The Strangest Job

7 Cate February 7, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Happy Early Birthday!!! 26 is fun, I promise
Signed, A girl turning 27 (OMG scary) in exactly 3 months
Cate recently posted..Peanut Butter – Chocolate Whoopie Pies

8 Lindsey February 7, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Happy Birthday Eve! I’m going to be 26 as well next week. I keep telling my husband that this is the first time in my life I don’t want to get older- I don’t know what it is, but it definitely IS strange!
Lindsey recently posted..unfinished

9 Kaitlin February 7, 2011 at 10:51 pm

happy early birthday! The menchies looks so delicious πŸ™‚
Kaitlin recently posted..When Long Runs Dont Happen

10 Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook February 7, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Yay! Happy birthday! 26 was my favorite year of my twenties thus far…enjoy πŸ™‚
Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook recently posted..I ate too much

11 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 7, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Glad you mentioned Gainesville! Woot woot! πŸ˜‰ My stomping grounds! I’ve never been to Dragonfly in either Orlando or Gainesville but it looks tasty! πŸ˜‰

Happy Birthday! πŸ™‚

12 Amy Ramos February 7, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Happy Early Birthday!! February birthdays are the best! I should know, mine is the 13th (and I am wee bit older than you..I will be 35!)

13 Amanda @ Eating Up February 7, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I haven’t had froyo in forever! Probably because I live in frozen Chicago. Happy birthday tomorrow!
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..The Gift of a Gift-Giving Website

14 Ashley February 7, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I’m about 30 minutes early but Happy Birthday Meghann!
Ashley recently posted..Im Not Dead Yet

15 Toronto Girl West February 7, 2011 at 11:32 pm

lol Not as strange as I felt when you were all surprised that Justin Timberlake just turned 30 (I did too)! LOL πŸ˜›

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Who Knew it was that Easy!!

16 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 7, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Happy Birthday Meghann!! πŸ™‚
Kathleen @ Kat’s Health Corner recently posted..Almond Joy Pizzert Babies!

17 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 7, 2011 at 11:35 pm

happy birthday!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Day 9- The Future

18 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 7, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Menchies always looks so good! You always make me crave frozen yogurt!!
Happy (almost) Birthday! πŸ™‚

19 Janene @ OneRun February 7, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Happy Birthday, Birthday Twin!! I will ALSO be 26 when I wake up tomorrow morning! Feels a little weird, doesn’t it?!
Janene @ OneRun recently posted..If 55 Is Good- Well- Then 6 is Fan-frickin’-tastic!

20 Anne February 8, 2011 at 12:12 am

Happy birthday! It’s already your birthday here in China πŸ™‚
Anne recently posted..Photoshop for dummies

21 Terrieha February 8, 2011 at 12:29 am

O.M.G!!! Dragonfly…I have had sushi in a lot of places and it is hands down THE BEST! I went to UF for my undergrad days and had many celebrations at Dragonfly…miss that place terribly and the dragonfly rollis probably my favorite, though I never had anything I didn’t like from there! Happy birthday and enjoy your skii trip.

22 River February 8, 2011 at 12:59 am

Happy Birthday Eve! (And happy birthday for tomorrow!)
River recently posted..Currently

23 Lauren February 8, 2011 at 1:05 am

Happy birthday! 25 was hard for me to accept, but I think 26 will just be more of the same, and not so hard to take in πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Lauren the Chaffeur

24 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] February 8, 2011 at 1:36 am

Yum! Happy early birthday!
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..superbowl sunday

25 Lauren @Hungry Dancer February 8, 2011 at 1:43 am

Happy almost birthday!! Looks like an awesome night!!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..Disaster Day

26 Khushboo February 8, 2011 at 3:16 am

Sushi+frozen yogurt sounds like the perfect start to your bday! Happy birthday πŸ™‚

27 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 8, 2011 at 6:27 am

Today is the day!

Happy birthday!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..The Athlete’s Plate Challenge

28 Gill (snaxandthecity) February 8, 2011 at 6:43 am

Glad you had a good night! Love sushi (and cheap-ish wine, haha)

Enjoy being 26! Totally still a spring chicken πŸ™‚
Gill (snaxandthecity) recently posted..Tempeh Tantrum

29 Lauren February 8, 2011 at 6:56 am

YAY Happy Birthday!! Who doesn’t love birthday’s!!! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Insanity to the Max

30 Katherine: Unemployed February 8, 2011 at 6:57 am

26 years young!
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Drew Berrymore

31 CampingGirl February 8, 2011 at 7:10 am

What were in the dragonfly rolls?
Happy Birthday!!
CampingGirl recently posted..Early Light

32 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) February 8, 2011 at 7:10 am

Happy birthday!!

OMG, that sushi looks fabulous!
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..All American Dinner

33 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 8, 2011 at 7:30 am

Happy Birthday!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..happy irish woman

34 katie February 8, 2011 at 7:37 am

the dragonfly roll!!!!!! OMG! it looks soooo good!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY LOVE!!!!!!!!!! I hope its amazing! I know it will be!!!!

xo
katie recently posted..Tuna Love Maker

35 Katie @ Keeping up with katie February 8, 2011 at 7:52 am

Yay! Happy Birthday πŸ™‚ You should do something 26 related today…run 26 miles? Oh you’ve done that…eat 26 cookies?? Yummm πŸ˜‰

36 Kara February 8, 2011 at 8:18 am

Happy birthday!! That sushi looks great, I always celebrate with sushi too (and I wish I could celebrate with frozen yogurt too!)
Kara recently posted..Road ID Winner and Disney newborns

37 Susan February 8, 2011 at 8:21 am

Happy birthday Meghann!! Hope it’s absolutely wonderful, and filled with cake. Or pie. Or ice cream. Or cupcakes. Or all four πŸ˜‰
Susan recently posted..Vegan For a Week Challenge

38 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 8, 2011 at 8:48 am

aww what a nice birthday dinner!

39 Victoria February 8, 2011 at 9:03 am

I love D-fly. My only beef with the Orlando location is they don’t have the crab rangoons like they do in Gainesville. Happy Birthday!
Victoria recently posted..Lady Track Shack 5k Race Recap

40 Lauren @ Running Examiner February 8, 2011 at 9:13 am

Happy birthday, Meghann! I hope you have a wonderful one. Enjoy!!
Lauren @ Running Examiner recently posted..Run in the New Year

41 Ali @ Ali Runs February 8, 2011 at 9:32 am

Happy Birthday!! Mine was yesterday–February birthdays are the best! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Family Birthday Party

42 Heather February 8, 2011 at 9:35 am

Happy birthday! hope you have a great day! I am only a few months behind you with the turning 26! eekk!
Heather recently posted..Little of This- Little of That

43 Kacy February 8, 2011 at 9:40 am

Sushi is the perfect pre-birthday celebration. Yum! Happy Birthday girl!

44 rebecca lustig February 8, 2011 at 9:50 am

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS <3

45 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods February 8, 2011 at 9:54 am

Happy Birthday! I had sushi last night too. Love such nights!
Jen @ keepitsimplefoods recently posted..Salted Chocolate and Sour Cream Cake

46 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope February 8, 2011 at 9:59 am

Happy birthday. I, too will be 26, but in 9 days. gulp. It’s all down hill from here.
Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope recently posted..Making the Connection

47 Jodie February 8, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I am so glad Menchies is coming to town. It will take me 6 minutes to get there.
Your meal looks so yummy.