Late Night Glee Fan

by Meghann on February 7, 2011

Somebody stayed up way past her bedtime watching the new Glee last night. —->This Girl.

Yes, I have DVR and could be watching it right now after a solid night’s sleep, but I was just so excited about the new episode and it was a good one! Totally worth it.

Who else stayed up to watch? Did the episode make you fall in love with Finn all over again or was it just me? ;)

This morning I enjoyed a nice 4 miler on a nearby trail. The weather was dreary and the trail was abandoned, but the run was wonderfully peaceful. It also occurred to me that I went the entire weekend without a decent run. I missed it. :)

I thought the dreary weather was perfect oatmeal weather.

A basic bowl of oats (rolled oats, almond milk, water, chia seeds, cinnamon, raisins, and a pinch of salt) with Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter, Apple, and a crumbled piece of Pumpkin Bread.

Perfect.

The votes are in. My favorite Superbowl commercial was oddly enough the a commercial for the NFL.

Simple. Nostalgic. Classic. Love.
Which was your favorite?

1 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 7, 2011 at 9:53 am

Being from Metro Detroit, the “Imported from Detroit” Chrysler/Eminem commercial gave me chills. I love seeing my city in a positive light! I loved that commercial.
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..February Grocery Event- Produce

2 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. February 7, 2011 at 10:29 am

I’m from other side of the state, but YES! I didn’t watch the game but I saw the commercial and loved it!
Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..the second half of seven

3 stacey February 7, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I’m from Metro Detroit too and my husband works for Chrysler, so we both loved this commercial.

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 7, 2011 at 9:54 am

Ah I have a major crush on Finn.
I didn’t watch last night, I’ll have to see it tonight!

5 Ali @ Ali on the Run February 7, 2011 at 9:56 am

The only commercial I really liked was the Darth Vader commercial. That kid was on the Today show this morning and he’s totally adorable.
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..The Best Weekend Ever

6 Stephanie February 7, 2011 at 12:43 pm

That one was awesome and the Pug Doritos commercial was hilarious.

7 Katie February 7, 2011 at 9:58 am

Don’t you worry about running on deserted trails? Yikes!!

I loved the Bridgestone commercial with the beaver!

8 Lizzy February 7, 2011 at 10:01 am

Loved that one too! Especially where Marcia gets hit by the football! haha, always a good Brady episode. The Darth Vader car commercial was also super cute.
Lizzy recently posted..My Office Smells Funky

9 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun February 7, 2011 at 10:02 am

I am watching it on DVR tonight…I wanted to stay up but knew it wasn’t the smartest idea. I would have been up again an hour later to nurse. Oh the joys of motherhood. Worth it though! :)
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..FFF Features

10 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 7, 2011 at 10:08 am

I loved the Darth Vader/VW commercial — it was so cute!

I also laughed so hard when the office guy was told “you hit reply all” and the guy goes running around slapping laptops and phones out of everyone’s hands. Hilarious!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..February Goals

11 Katie @ cooklaughmove February 7, 2011 at 10:09 am

I really liked that ad too! I loved seeing all the clips of various shows, so fun! I’m also partial to the Eminem Chrysler ad, I’m a Michigan gal, so I was proud of the represent!
Katie @ cooklaughmove recently posted..Looking Ahead

12 kristy @ kristyruns.com February 7, 2011 at 10:13 am

Ummm…I don’t have a tv so I missed…everything. :) I did get a nice 10 mile run in though!
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..The Strangest Job

13 Lauryn February 7, 2011 at 10:15 am

The Darth Vader/VW commercial was hands down my favorite! I also like seeing the kid on the Today Show this morning! I’m not a big Glee fan so I was able to make it to bed on time :)

14 Kara February 7, 2011 at 10:15 am

I really liked the Etrade baby commercial. I’m a sucker for that adorable kid :) I’d really like for my baby to be an Etrade baby, she’d be the cutest one!
Kara recently posted..A super night

15 Kelly February 7, 2011 at 10:20 am

I stayed up to watch Glee also. Definitely tired today.
Kelly recently posted..Sportsgasmic

16 Valerie from Love and Running February 7, 2011 at 10:20 am

Your breakfast looks delcious :)

I love those runs that are deary and you’re alone, seems to start the week off right collecting your thoughts :)

have a great day :)
Valerie from Love and Running recently posted..Super Sunday…

17 Mimi February 7, 2011 at 10:30 am

You went a whole weekend without “a decent”… Do tell! (;
Mimi recently posted..Life can be tough

18 Eliz@The Sweet Life February 7, 2011 at 10:32 am

I agree–I loved the Fonz in the NFL commercial!!!
Eliz@The Sweet Life recently posted..Disney Magic

19 Jess (Daly Authenticity) February 7, 2011 at 10:33 am

Honestly, I loved the VW commercial with the little kid. All in all, some good laughs during commercial breaks!
Jess (Daly Authenticity) recently posted..A Hodgepodge

20 Hope February 7, 2011 at 10:34 am

I didn’t stay up to watch Glee. It was way past my bedtime. So I DVRed it. I can’t wait to watch it! I really liked that NFL commercial too! :)
Hope recently posted..Philly Auto Show- Baby Kyleigh &amp The Rest of the Weekend…

21 Maddie (the person) February 7, 2011 at 10:37 am

At least your DVR caught all of Glee! Mine cut it off right after they were in the locker room about to play the second half of the game! :sigh:
Maddie (the person) recently posted..Chili and the Ice

22 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 7, 2011 at 10:37 am

That oatmeal looks heavenly! I want to make pumpkin bread so I can put it on oats :)

23 Laura @ Backstage Pass February 7, 2011 at 10:39 am

I loved the NFL commercial as well!
My other gave was the Chrysler 200 / Eminem commercial. I felt it portrayed Detroit in a really positive way, which is what never seems to happen. Detroit got a nice little ego boost!
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Groundhog Day Blizzard of 2011

24 Jamie @ A Healthy J.D. February 7, 2011 at 10:40 am

That was my favorite commercial too! The super imposing was done very well and it made me miss Happy Days and Full House haha
Jamie @ A Healthy J.D. recently posted..Accent Vlog!

25 Beth February 7, 2011 at 10:42 am

That was my favorite too! So fun to look back at old shows. Great compilation!
Beth recently posted..February Love

26 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 7, 2011 at 10:45 am

Love the commercial! Unfortunately I didn’t manage to stay up last night for Glee (I MAY have fallen asleep shortly after the Black Eyed Peas did their thing at half time!) but it’s on my agenda tonight!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..“I’ll make you banana pancakes- pretend like it’s the weekend now”

27 Stephanie February 7, 2011 at 10:47 am

I didn’t even watch the superbowl but I stayed up for Glee! It was FANTASTIC. Exactly what I needed after a two month hiatus. And of course I fell in love Finn all over again. But I’m not sure how I feel about him & Quinn again. Not that I’m pulling for Rachel. But it’s just weird all around. lol
Stephanie recently posted..Mushroom and Brie Risotto

28 Jeni @ stepping out February 7, 2011 at 10:57 am

I watched the whole thing and can’t remember the NFL commercial. I wonder why? My favorite was the doritos pug. :D Loved it!

29 Sarah February 7, 2011 at 10:59 am

I skipped studying for my exam this morning for last nights Glee….bad me. But I always think Glee’s story lines are a little weak, but the music is what draws me in every time. How a show can be so good yet so bad at the same time amazes me. I do love Darren Criss!
Sarah recently posted..Football- Food- and Homework

30 Katherine: Unemployed February 7, 2011 at 11:01 am

the commercials are the best part; hands down
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Drew Berrymore

31 Gill (snaxandthecity) February 7, 2011 at 11:06 am

this is the first i’ve heard of a new glee episode!! obsessed. *scampers off to watch glee*
Gill (snaxandthecity) recently posted..Sugar Drop

32 JunieB February 7, 2011 at 11:13 am

Darth Vader one. I was just sad that they cut off the majority of it!
JunieB recently posted..May The Force Be With You

33 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 7, 2011 at 11:22 am

I’m excited to watch Glee sometime later this week – I’ve heard so many great things about it!!

34 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 7, 2011 at 11:23 am

I will be watching it tonight! I totally went to bed ;)
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Week In Review- 1-31-11-2-6-11

35 Kiran February 7, 2011 at 11:29 am

My favorite commercial too! and that pumpkin bread looks so delish :)
Kiran recently posted..Epic

36 Grace February 7, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I love glee but always catch up on episode with Hulu..glad to hear it was good and can’t wait to watch it. The NFL commercial was great! I also loved the Volkswagen little Darth Vader commercial it reminded me so much of my 3 year old cousin who always had on costumes!
Grace recently posted..Home Sweet Home

37 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 7, 2011 at 12:01 pm

My favorite was the one with the little boy dressed as Darth Vader.

But I agree, the commercials definitely fell short of expectations this year :-(
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Strawberries and mochas

38 Lindsay February 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I also loved that cute NFL commercial :) But my favorite brand commercial may be a tie between the little kid/Darth Vader/VW commercial, or the Sealy’s Commercial..”Whatever you do in bed, Sealy’s supports you” Haha!

39 Whitney @ My Life. My Heart. My Journey. February 7, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I love crumbling up bread or muffins into my oatmeal! Yum

40 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) February 7, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I agree! I thought that commercial was adorable! Too funny!
xoxo
s
Sara (Miles and Manhattan) recently posted..‘Beauty’ Routines…betty or a boop

41 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 7, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I liked that commercial, too!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Day 9- The Future

42 Kacy February 7, 2011 at 12:19 pm

That was a good one! I also liked the first doritos commercial and the bud one with the guy that sang Tiny Dancer. I’m a sucker for that song :)
Kacy recently posted..A Healthy Habit Journey- Post 3 from the SIL

43 Emily February 7, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I don’t think I ever fell out of love with Finn… I did not watch it last night. I’m blaming it on hanging out with a stupid boy who doesn’t realize how bad ass awesome Glee is. I can’t wait to get home and catch up!
Emily recently posted..Double Digits

44 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 7, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Haha! I love that commercial! It was one of my favorites too! :) I didn’t stay up and watch Glee because I had to drive 2 hours back to Jacksonville in order to get to my 9am class. Sleep > Glee unfortunately. :P

45 Heather February 7, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I didnt see that one! so cute! I loved the doritos one and the careerbuilder one!
Heather recently posted..Little of This- Little of That

46 Jessica @ The Process of Healing February 7, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Those oats look amazing!! And I was at work so I didn’t get to really see much.. they had it playing but I missed the commercials, only saw the game. Bummer.
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Good-Bad News

47 Ashley February 7, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I agree! I LOVED that commercial last night and even asked them to rewind it.

Overall, I was pretty disapointed last night with both the commercials AND the Half Time show. Really? Christina messed up the lyrics to the anthem AND the half time was messed up? *sigh*
Ashley recently posted..NYRR Gridiron Classic 4 Miler- A New PR!

48 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 7, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I tried to stay up for Glee, but it didn’t happen.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..happy irish woman

49 Lauren @ Running Examiner February 7, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I loved the Darth Vader/VW commercial! Definitely my favorite. I also liked the Detroit/Chrysler one. My dad is from Michigan (not Detroit, but fairly close), and I know that he was pleased to see Detroit portrayed in a positive light. A very infrequent occurrence!

Can I just mention commercials that I didn’t like? The Groupon ones were so incredibly tasteless. I also don’t understand the commercial where the baby flies into a glass wall??? Very bizarre decision.
Lauren @ Running Examiner recently posted..Run in the New Year

50 erica February 7, 2011 at 1:56 pm

i loved the darth vader commercial too!! :) so cute. most of the others were very dissapointing. i loved the glee commercial too.

i watched glee :) it was one of the best this season!
erica recently posted..checkity check check check!

51 delia February 7, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I liked that commercial too. I’m such a tv fan across the board. Also excited Glee is back! Blaine makes me swoon!

52 Heather I. February 7, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I totally missed that commercial, so glad you posted it! Definitely a favorite. I also thought the Pepsi Max Love Hurts was quite hilarious. Roseanne getting plowed was another winner. Man, you’d think I’m all about the violence…or just the unexpected slapstick :)
Your breakfast combo with the dark choco pb looks heavenly!

53 Brittany February 7, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I absolutely loveee Glee! I definitely wish my high school had a Glee Club… i sooo would have been in it!

54 melissa February 7, 2011 at 6:41 pm

My friend made that commercial! He was actually at our superbowl party. Excited to see you this weekend!
melissa recently posted..A Very Vegan Day

55 Lauren February 7, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I loved that commercial. At first, I didn’t even realize the hidden symbolism of football attire. Now that is how you can tell it’s a good commercial.
Lauren recently posted..Insanity to the Max

56 Doc (The Healthy PhD) February 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm

That was my first episode of Glee EVER and it was amazing.

Also, I loved the Detroit ad! I thought it really resonated!
Doc (The Healthy PhD) recently posted..Lady-like

57 Casey @ Insatiably Healthy February 7, 2011 at 10:13 pm

That was my favorite commercial too!
Love nostalgia. and the fonz
Casey @ Insatiably Healthy recently posted..Spiced Apple Walnut Scones

58 Lindsey February 7, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I really enjoyed the VW commerical- I thought it was adorable!
Lindsey recently posted..unfinished

59 Dani February 8, 2011 at 1:15 am

Def the bridgewater “reply all” Commercial. You haven’t worked in corporate without thinking you have done that at least once!
Dani recently posted..Beating the Winter Blues