Option #3

by Meghann on February 5, 2011

It’s raining. Boo.

Why is it when ever I have friends in town the weather always sucks? I swear just two days ago the sun was out and people were lounging by the pool. Le sigh.

Well, no beach plans in our future, but we do have a ‘blogger bootcamp’ to get to.

The bootcamp starts at 9:00 – which may seem early to some, but pretty late in the morning for me. Basically I had three options for breakfast.

1. Don’t eat anything and have a nice ‘brunch’ afterwards
  2. Eat a snack before and ‘brunch’ afterwards
  3. Eat breakfast now and a snack later

After waking up a full 2 hours before the bootcamp was schedule to start, I went with #3.

I was hungry and a snack wasn’t going to do it. A full breakfast is the fuel I need to power through the bootcamp later.

• 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cheerios
  • 1/2 cup Flax Flakes
  • 1 piece of Pumpkin Nut Bread
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Blueberries

Definitely made the right decision here. πŸ™‚

Alright, time to get my booty worked!

1 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 5, 2011 at 7:40 am

Oooo have fun at bootcamp! I’m super jealous! Sounds like it’s going to be a great time! πŸ™‚ Can’t wait to read about it!

2 Ali @ Ali on the Run February 5, 2011 at 7:41 am

So fun! Have an awesome time. Go bloggers!
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..The Best Weekend Ever

3 Kristy @ KristyRuns February 5, 2011 at 7:42 am

Yep. Snacks won’t cut it first thing in the A.M. I’m so hungry when I wake up, that I would rather wake up extra early before a run/workout and eat a big breakfast then just have a tiny snack. πŸ™‚ Good choice.
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Sweet Momma

4 Angela February 5, 2011 at 7:53 am

Snacking instead of breakfast always leads to unhealthy eating decisions because of the rush of hunger I feel quite soon after. Yummm I want to add more dense-ness to my morning oatmeal and muesli bowls. Maybe I should bake some healthy muffin bread to add to mine!
Angela recently posted..The White Stripes are Over

5 Dori February 5, 2011 at 8:06 am

Have fun! I always have that type of conundrum before a mid-morning workout.
Dori recently posted..I’m Quoted in the NY Times!

6 Melissa February 5, 2011 at 8:14 am

When I’m that early before a workout, you better believe its option 3!!! Good choice. Enjoy Bootcamp πŸ™‚
Melissa recently posted..Sweet Friday

7 Marina February 5, 2011 at 8:23 am

I always have to eat a proper breakfast in the afternoon, I just can’t go without it!
Enjoy your bootcamp πŸ™‚
Marina recently posted..missing

8 megan @ blackberries for jam February 5, 2011 at 8:26 am

I cannot do ANYTHING in the morning without having breakfast first. Who waits until 11 am to eat? I would be a major crankypants.

9 christina cadden February 5, 2011 at 8:28 am

mm, your breakfast looks so good!

10 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) February 5, 2011 at 8:33 am

I’d definitely be cranky if I worked out on zero fuel, then ate late. I think you made the right choice. πŸ™‚
Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) recently posted..Thankful Thursday

11 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 5, 2011 at 8:35 am

I love being able to get a good breakfast in before a workout. Have fun! πŸ™‚
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Saving Face

12 Caitlin @ TPL February 5, 2011 at 8:41 am

Boo for gross weather! 8.5 miles on the treadmill is now what my future holds… have fun at bootcamp!
Caitlin @ TPL recently posted..Out Early!

13 Amanda @ Eating Up February 5, 2011 at 8:48 am

Go kick some butt! πŸ˜›
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..A Brewing Question for You

14 Ali @ Ali Runs February 5, 2011 at 8:51 am

That looks delicious! I alway love the fresh fruit you use in your breakfasts, yum!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Cabela

15 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 5, 2011 at 8:52 am

Oh wow.. it’s raining in Florida and sunny here in Ontario? That’s a first!!! Mind you, it’s still probably about 50 degrees warmer where you are! I’ve heard about cinnamon Cheerios on other blogs but I’m not sure if we have them in Canada yet.. gonna take a look when I’m out today. Have a great day Meghann!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Befriending the Treadmill

16 Lindsey February 5, 2011 at 8:59 am

I always need to eat something before working out! Otherwise, my stomach grumbles the whole time and is really distracting πŸ™‚
Lindsey recently posted..adding to our home

17 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 5, 2011 at 9:21 am

I always need a full breakfast if I am working out in the morning — unless I wake up and literally run out the door, then I only need a small snack.

Have fun at boot camp!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..February Goals

18 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 5, 2011 at 9:21 am

That’s always my breakfast dilemma, too!! Hope you enjoy the bootcamp!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Otto

19 Meg February 5, 2011 at 9:22 am

Delicious fuel for your booty pumpin’ πŸ˜‰ Enjoy it!

20 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 5, 2011 at 9:26 am

Enjoy the bootcamp!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Nasoya Tofu Plus Review And A Recipe!

21 Kaitlin February 5, 2011 at 9:50 am

awesome breakfast! Have fun at bootcamp πŸ™‚
Kaitlin recently posted..FB- My first 5K

22 Kacy February 5, 2011 at 10:49 am

Sorry about the rain! I’d take that over snow though πŸ™‚ Have fun at boot camp!
Kacy recently posted..A Healthy Habit Journey- Post 3 from the SIL

23 katie February 5, 2011 at 11:38 am

Lucky you to have rain! we have snow again here today : p

Have fun at bootcamp! Sounds fun! : )

Happy Saturday!!
katie recently posted..Tuna Love Maker

24 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 5, 2011 at 12:04 pm

You choice is perfect. πŸ™‚
Kathleen @ Kat’s Health Corner recently posted..Baby It’s SNOW Outside!

25 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 5, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I meant YOUR CHOICE IS PERFECT! πŸ™‚
Kathleen @ Kat’s Health Corner recently posted..Baby It’s SNOW Outside!

26 Mimi February 5, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I always feel weird putting breakfast off until after 9-ish. I just get too hungry!

What time do you usually eat your meals?
Mimi recently posted..Life can be tough

27 Lauren February 5, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Sounds like the right decision to me! Have fun at bootcamp. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Insanity to the Max

28 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 5, 2011 at 12:48 pm

A hearty breakfast? Always a good choice.

I can’t wait to hear how the blogger boot camp goes!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Sooo hungry

29 Maryann February 5, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I always have that issue with breakfast when I wake up early and have stuff to do! I usually end up eating right away and then packing a snack for later. Hope the bootcamp went well!
Maryann recently posted..Accent VLOG

30 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 5, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I struggle with when to eat before and after workouts, too. My favorite spin class is at 8, which is the time I normally eat breakfast, so I usually eat something small before and a real meal after.
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Hello- February!

31 claire (dine and dash) February 5, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I hate when the weather stinks and you are trying to show off your town πŸ™ Hope the weather gets better for you!

32 Allie February 5, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Breakfast looks great, have fun at boot camp :o)
Allie recently posted..Happy Saturday

33 Ash Bear February 5, 2011 at 2:48 pm

The weather isn’t important, it’s the company that counts! Breakfast looks delicious. Have fun at bootcamp! πŸ™‚
Ash Bear recently posted..Check

34 Kara February 5, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I can’t workout without eating a full breakfast first, even long runs. No one piece of toast with a smear of peanut butter for me!
Kara recently posted..My own special kind of crazy

35 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) February 5, 2011 at 4:58 pm

ugh the rain totally made NYC a gross place to be today, hope bootcamp was great!
xoxo
s
Sara (Miles and Manhattan) recently posted..chow-dah

36 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) February 6, 2011 at 4:18 am

I’d be happy with that choice, too! πŸ™‚
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..All American Dinner