MegaNerd Turns The Big 2-4

by Meghann on February 4, 2011

Happy Birthday MegaNerd!!!

IMG_4339.jpg

Twenty-Four and lookin’ good! Ow Ow!

This afternoon I decided to seek refuge with my laptop in a hidden corner of Panera.

Apparently I wasn’t alone..

So much for originality. They were all there when I walked in and still there when I left. I want to go back tomorrow and see if they’re still there then too. πŸ˜‰

I mean, who needs a real office anyways? I joined the masses, settled into my little corner, sipped on a hot tea, and ate an apple while finishing up my work load for the day. Loved it.

IMG_4286.jpg IMG_4290.JPG

The real fun began after my work for the day was finished and I treated Megan with a birthday pedicure.

IMG_4295.JPG IMG_4297.JPG

I needed one too. Bad. Consider this as a birthday treat to myself as well. πŸ˜‰

IMG_4293.JPG IMG_4292.JPG

I’ve decided I need more pedicures in my life. My feet feel so soft right now. Sure they still have blisters, bumps, and bruises, but now they have a pretty coat of paint to distract you from all that. πŸ˜‰

Dinner was on the later side (apparently I’m more of an ‘early bird special’ kind of girl), so I had an extra snack back at the apartment while we were getting ready.

Megan requested sushi for her birthday dinner and sushi was what she got.

I Love Sushi! πŸ™‚

We started with the house ginger salads

And Megan and I split four rolls.

IMG_4319.JPG IMG_4320.jpg

We went with two fun rolls (Venus & Godzilla)

IMG_4317.JPG IMG_4318.JPG

And two ‘cheap’ rolls (Sweet Potato Tempura & Spicy Tuna)

IMG_4314.JPG IMG_4316.JPG

My favorites were the ones with the shrimp tempura. I’m a sucker for all sushi that contains anything fried. Obviously.

Birthday cake time!!!

We walked next door to Cheesecake Factory for a big slice of their Chocolate Fudge Cake with two scoops of vanilla ice cream. Mmm….

Funny story. You know how close the tables are at The Cheesecake Factory? Well, we were having a very candid conversation about our first periods, tampons, and pads while waiting for our cake (don’t ask) and we look over to the lovely couple enjoying dinner next to us who just start cracking up hysterically. I guess that will teach them to eavesdrop on conversations. πŸ™‚

We all ended up having a good laugh about it. I swear, nothing phases me anymore.

Our final stop for the evening.

I had a single one ounce pour and was practically falling asleep at the table.

IMG_4352.JPG IMG_4353.JPG

Happy Birthday Megan! I hope you had a great one!!! πŸ™‚

1 Kaitlin February 4, 2011 at 12:07 am

Happy birthday Megan! Looks like you guys had so much fun πŸ™‚
Kaitlin recently posted..Tales from the blizzard zone

2 Bethany @ More Fruit Please February 4, 2011 at 12:16 am

Sushi, cake, wine, and friends. What more could anyone ask for on their birthday? I feel like I need to start celebrating my half birthday to milk the celebrations more. Or maybe quarter birthdays. I might be onto something here!

3 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 4, 2011 at 12:18 am

Happy birthday to Megan πŸ™‚

I’m notorious for talking about my period in public. I’m sure it pisses every guy I know off, but it comes in handy when you’re trying to get out of doing something at work πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Hello- February!

4 Raya February 4, 2011 at 12:24 am

Hahah that’s hysterical about the eavesdropping. The tables ARE close there-I always try to get a booth b/c otherwise it’s so weird! And Happy Birthday Megan!!
Raya recently posted..A Routine Change

5 kate February 4, 2011 at 12:26 am

Lookls like fun!!! Where is your dress/outfit at the birthday dinner from?

6 Morgan @ Life After Bagels February 4, 2011 at 12:28 am

I have a realllllllly intense desire for sushi right now!
Morgan @ Life After Bagels recently posted..Meghan Telpner Guest Post- Chocolate For Healthy Skin

7 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 4, 2011 at 12:35 am

Sushi is the ultimate birthday dinner! And mix that with a pedi? Pure heaven.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Exactly what you want

8 Caitlin (EatFeats) February 4, 2011 at 12:38 am

When I swam competitively, periods were a normal topic of conversation. When I stopped swimming, I was SO confused by how POLITE the outside world was! Um…so I can’t get my period in front of thirty other people, bleed all over a public locker-room, and then ask everyone for a tampon? Is that not okay anymore?

ANYWAY, I now need Cheesecake Factory and/or chocolate cake!
Caitlin (EatFeats) recently posted..Women in Media- The Hair Edition

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 4, 2011 at 12:42 am

How fun! So where are we going for my 21st? πŸ˜‰ Just kidding! πŸ™‚

Happy birthday to Megan! πŸ˜€

10 Meghann February 4, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Ha! COme to Orlando and I promise to take you to the wine bar!

11 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 4, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Haha! I’m holding you to that promise! πŸ˜‰

12 Amanda @ Eating Up February 4, 2011 at 1:05 am

I love The Cheesecake Factory’s chocolate cake! More than their cheesecake actually which I find strange.
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..A Brewing Question for You

13 Kiran February 4, 2011 at 1:11 am

Happy birthday Megan!! Wow! I feel old πŸ˜‰
Kiran recently posted..Simple Guacamole

14 Marina February 4, 2011 at 3:03 am

Happy birthday to Megan!
Sushi is the best birthday food imo πŸ™‚
Marina recently posted..missing

15 Katherine: Unemployed February 4, 2011 at 6:14 am

I LOVE panera;;; oh peacefulness
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Grandmother Fa and Cri-Kee

16 Book Worm Runs February 4, 2011 at 6:25 am

What a fun time! I recently discovered Sushi and I love it πŸ™‚ I don’t eat seafood though so I have only had the vegetarian rolls. I just had a cucumber and avocado roll for dinner the other night πŸ™‚
Book Worm Runs recently posted..Three Things Thursday

17 VeggieGirl February 4, 2011 at 6:30 am

HAHAHAHA hilarious about the couple sitting next to you at Cheesecake Factory πŸ˜€
VeggieGirl recently posted..Mission- NYE in NYC – Part 5 final trip video alert!

18 Kristy @ KristyRuns February 4, 2011 at 6:32 am

Looks like a great birthday! πŸ™‚ You’re next!
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Sweet Momma

19 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 4, 2011 at 6:38 am

Happy birthday!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..The Perks Of Being A Food Blogger…

20 Lauren February 4, 2011 at 6:42 am

What a great night to celebrate a wonderful girl!! Sushi and wine is always what I want on my birthday. Oh and Cheesecake wouldn’t hurt! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Spontaneous Saturday

21 Whitney February 4, 2011 at 6:43 am

Sushi looks great I love sushi as well. I always talk about subjects that are not quite dinner talk when going out. hahaha I guess it will teach them a lesson. Why hide it right?
Whitney recently posted..Reality Check

22 Kara February 4, 2011 at 6:57 am

That looks like such a fun birthday celebration! I could go for some sushi too.

I think I have the same brown Reef flip flops as you, aren’t I cool πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Interrupted Night

23 katie February 4, 2011 at 7:00 am

Megan celebrated her birthday the way I would! Except I would want icecream cake or a huge waffle cone icecream yum from coldstone!!

The sushi looks good, my fiance and I always share 4 rolls between him and I ; )

Looks like Megan had a wonderful birthday! She deserved it!
katie recently posted..Tuna Love Maker

24 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 4, 2011 at 7:23 am

What a fun night – I love love love sushi dinners. They are the best.

That situation with the eavesdropping couple makes me laugh. And speaking of cycles, how’s that all going for you? I know you posted a while ago about your troubles! And I’m nosy… and in the same boat – crossing my fingers someday it reappears!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..happy irish woman

25 Ashley February 4, 2011 at 7:25 am

Happy Birthday Megan! It looks like ti was fabulous.

26 Marie-JourneytoBodyZen February 4, 2011 at 7:37 am

That sushi looks so good, as does that cake! Looks like a fun night!
Marie-JourneytoBodyZen recently posted..Giveaway 2

27 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 4, 2011 at 8:03 am

Ahhhh Cheesecake Factory! I haven’t been there in so long but it’s heaven. Happy birthday to Megan!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Otto

28 Christine February 4, 2011 at 8:05 am

Happy Birthday Megan! That sushi looked yumm!
Christine recently posted..Fun Fridays

29 Angie February 4, 2011 at 8:05 am

Awww what a fabulous birthday!! Looks amazing!
Angie recently posted..Today is MY Sunday

30 Hope February 4, 2011 at 8:19 am

What a fun birthday! Sushi, wine and dessert! Perfection! I love the Cheesecake Factory’s desserts! So good! Their whipped cream is amazing! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Catching Up On the Rest of My Weekend…

31 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 4, 2011 at 8:30 am

Happy Birthday Megan!

32 Amanda February 4, 2011 at 8:52 am

I <3 sushi, too! I fall into the later eater category; early bird dinner = my afternoon snack time!

33 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 4, 2011 at 8:52 am

What a fun day! That sushi looks amazing — my husband’s bday is in March and we definitely need to go get sushi to celebrate.

I love the conversations about pads, periods, etc. You are hilarious!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..February Goals

34 Laurie February 4, 2011 at 8:53 am

Sounds like you guys had fun! Happy birthday Megan!

35 Dori February 4, 2011 at 8:54 am

Your hair looks awesome! And I want that cake, mmmm…
Dori recently posted..I’m Quoted in the NY Times!

36 carolinebee February 4, 2011 at 9:04 am

Happy birthday Megan!! Sounds like such a fun bday date! Greaaaat idea on the pedicure, way to work it in there! ;D My feet are the saaaame way with dance and everything…SO haggard, but I feel like they represent my hard work and dedication, love it…gross feet for life πŸ™‚
carolinebee recently posted..Snow-loco!!

37 Mimi February 4, 2011 at 9:14 am

Looks like such a fun time β€”Β All the more exciting for you because your birthday’s up next! Am I right or am I right?

Anyway, cross country conversations got me past feeling awkward about anything (around certain people).
Mimi recently posted..Snowmageddon

38 Eliz@The Sweet Life February 4, 2011 at 9:24 am

what a beautiful, special day!
Eliz@The Sweet Life recently posted..Love Languages- Whats Yours

39 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) February 4, 2011 at 9:25 am

Looks like a great time!! Nothing like a birthday pedi & sushi!!
xoxo
s
Sara (Miles and Manhattan) recently posted..chow-dah

40 rebecca lustig February 4, 2011 at 9:28 am

apparently last night was sushi night in the blog world! i keep seeing it pop up everywhere!

happy birthday megan!

41 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 4, 2011 at 9:46 am

Looks like a wonderful birthday celebration!! I need to get a pedicure too. I said I was going to get one after my marathon in October but that never happened. I think they need some pampering. πŸ™‚
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Saving Face

42 Kristin @ FoodFash February 4, 2011 at 9:50 am

You’ll have to laptop it up at Cafe Hey when you live in Tampa! On another note, I met Emily (Daily Garnish) yesterday and she had such wonderful things to say about you! I’m SO excited that you’ll be in Tampa shortly!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..My First Tweetup

43 Kelly February 4, 2011 at 9:52 am

Looks like it was a fun Thursday night! Happy birthday to Megan!
Kelly recently posted..Hello

44 MelanieF February 4, 2011 at 9:56 am

I want that exact same meal! Wow, I am craving sushi right now…but I’m at work. Bummer!

45 sarah (sarah learns) February 4, 2011 at 10:46 am

aww, that looks like an awesome birthday celebration! πŸ™‚
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..snoozed

46 Ashlee (Ash & Lew Plus 2) February 4, 2011 at 11:16 am

Lew and I find it hard to have conversations with each other when we are sitting close to people at restaurants. We listen to everything they say instead of interacting with each other. But some days it is nice to not have to talk and just listen to what everyone else is saying!
Ashlee (Ash & Lew Plus 2) recently posted..Our Favorite Pizza

47 Chloe February 4, 2011 at 11:41 am

This is a random question – but what do you do when you need to use the restroom and your computer and all of your work supplies are hanging out at a coffee shop? Do you ask the person next to you to watch it, trust that nobody will take anything in the 3 minutes you are gone, take everything with you, or just…..hold it?

Thanks!
Chloe recently posted..Pandas

48 Meghann February 4, 2011 at 1:02 pm

It depends. If it seems shady I’ll literally take my laptop in the bathroom with me, but if the vibe is good, I’ll ask the person next to me to watch my stuff. It did take a while to build up that courage though. πŸ™‚

49 Grace February 4, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Looks like so much fun! My favorite sushi is also the fried ones too=)
Grace recently posted..LifeUnplugged

50 Jennie @ Designed to be Fit February 4, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Sounds like she had a wonderful birthday! I love pedicures soo much! They always look at my missing toenails (stupid running shoes that were too small made me lose several) and are all freaked out.