Plax Day

by Meghann on February 3, 2011

Look whose wearing a Meals and Miles shirt today. πŸ˜‰

Screen shot 2011-02-03 at 9.11.23 AM.png

Don’t worry, Maddie. You will always be my #1 spokesdog. πŸ˜‰

Plaxico takes after his Dad (@IWearYourShirt) and his love for t-shirts. He has big plans of wearing a different company’s shirt everyday in 2011. Each day is only $50 and $10 of that goes directly to the Jacksonville Humane Society.

plaxwearingmealsandmiles.jpg

It’s fun. It’s for a great cause. And if you have a blog or special occasion coming up I would suggest heading to www.plaxicothedog.com right now to reserve your day.

Oh, and if you want a Meals and Miles shirt for your puppy, head to the Meals And Miles Shirt Shop now. *Hint* you can pick one up for yourself too. πŸ˜‰

I headed out for a 5 mile run this morning in the beautiful Florida sunshine. I felt great and was surprised when I finished in a little more than 45 minutes. For not having done a lick of speedwork in two months, I would say that’s a pretty awesome time πŸ™‚

After my run I dug in the freezer for the remaining waffle of a batch I had made a couple of weeks ago.

I made a delicious peanut butter sauce of sorts by combining plain yogurt with PB2 and a touch of vanilla extract and topped it with strawberries, chia seeds, and raisins.

Fun Fact: I eat waffles like toast sometimes. Knives and forks are severely overrated. πŸ˜‰

Time to kick Thursday in the butt!

1 Stacy @ Every Little Thing February 3, 2011 at 9:44 am

I’m so jealous of the fresh berries! I can’t wait for spring.
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..February Grocery Event- Produce

2 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 3, 2011 at 9:44 am

That yoghurt/PB sauce sounds like a good idea.

Plaxico is too cute (and Maddie too of course) Aww. I love looking at dog pictures!

3 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) February 3, 2011 at 9:45 am

Those waffles look delish and any post with pictures of dogs is amazing in my book! So cute. Good luck kicking Thursday’s butt! I more look forward to kicking Friday’s butt..
xox
s
Sara (Miles and Manhattan) recently posted..chow-dah

4 movesnmunchies February 3, 2011 at 9:48 am

aww that shirt is adorable on Plaxico!!!!.. waffles look amazing.. can you ever make food look bad??… i think NOT
movesnmunchies recently posted..The Big Carb Debate…

5 Ali @ Ali on the Run February 3, 2011 at 9:49 am

Love it when morning posts are super positive and motivating, like this one. Bonus points when they include puppy photos πŸ™‚ Keep having a great day!
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..The Best Weekend Ever

6 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 3, 2011 at 9:50 am

I love that website’s idea — but I think Maddie wears the shirt better πŸ™‚
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..February Goals

7 Anne February 3, 2011 at 9:51 am

That’s funny, i’m the complete opposite about waffle eating. I’m super methodical. As in I knife and fork it, and only cut along the lines of the waffle. Oh, and I have to have a little syrup in each crevice. Ah, the quirks of a type-A personality πŸ™‚

8 Kara February 3, 2011 at 10:01 am

Dogs in shirts makes everything better. Great time on that 5 mile run!
Kara recently posted..Runaway baby

9 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 3, 2011 at 10:03 am

What a cute puppy! Both Maddie and Plax. I’m not a waffle kind of girl, but I can appreciate your love for them!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..happy irish woman

10 Dori February 3, 2011 at 10:04 am

Maddie is so adorable in that shirt. Love! I eat waffles like toast when I put jelly on them. Obviously it is harder to do that when syrup is involved.
Dori recently posted..I’m Quoted in the NY Times!

11 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 3, 2011 at 10:05 am

Oh wow, your breakfast looks amazing!! I can’t wait for berries to come back in season again. Have a great day Meghann!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Befriending the Treadmill

12 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food February 3, 2011 at 10:07 am

Great idea to make that peanut butter sauce! I have all the ingredients at home so that’s going on my to-do list!

13 jen @ taste life February 3, 2011 at 10:14 am

That looks bangin’!
jen @ taste life recently posted..Enjoy Your Food

14 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge February 3, 2011 at 10:14 am

I do the same thing with waffles! The only time I’ll eat them with a fork is if I used maple syrup.

That t-shirt is adorable!! What company did you use to make them?
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Saving Face

15 Lindsey February 3, 2011 at 10:18 am

oh my goodness! I love the dog shirts!
Lindsey recently posted..the snow day that wasn’t

16 kristy @ kristyruns.com February 3, 2011 at 10:19 am

Ummm…I only eat waffles like toast. It’s the cool way to do it! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Sweet Momma

17 Biz February 3, 2011 at 10:27 am

It was a blizzard yesterday – ended up getting 18 inches of snow, then this morning when I left the house, it was -5 with a windchill of -40. When I read your posts about running in the Florida sun, I have to ask myself what the fuck I am still doing in the midwest!
Biz recently posted..Italian Pot Roast and shoveling is great exercise!

18 Hope February 3, 2011 at 10:51 am

Those waffles look so good! I never thought to mix yogurt and peanut butter..Yum!
Hope recently posted..Catching Up On the Rest of My Weekend…

19 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans February 3, 2011 at 10:53 am

Those waffles look delicious! The combo of peanut butter and yogurt is really interesting.

20 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 3, 2011 at 10:55 am

Awww!!! How cute! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

21 Kelly February 3, 2011 at 11:12 am

Those strawberries look delish.
Kelly recently posted..Hello

22 Jason Sadler February 3, 2011 at 11:15 am

Plax is very happy to have you and I’m sure he’d love to meet Maddie someday πŸ™‚

23 Ellie @ The Mommyist February 3, 2011 at 11:16 am

I always eat my waffles like toast when I’m alone!
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Reading Double

24 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 3, 2011 at 11:16 am

Aww, Plaxico is so cute in your shirt!

25 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 3, 2011 at 11:28 am

I think I may have to start getting PB2 when peanut flour disappears πŸ™ Do they taste similar?

26 Alexa February 3, 2011 at 11:57 am

I loveeeee your blog, I read it a few times a day, even if I am re-reading:p But I do have a question, where do you get your chia seeds?

27 Ashley February 3, 2011 at 12:00 pm

I’ve always ate waffles like toast. I hate cutting them up. Even when all I would eat on them is a ton of syrup I would still pickem up and dig in.

28 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 3, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I love how you sometimes eat waffles as toast! That is so cool! πŸ™‚
Kathleen @ Kat’s Health Corner recently posted..I Am β€œCoco” For β€œChoco-Date Muffins”

29 Eliz@The Sweet Life February 3, 2011 at 12:37 pm

She is so, so cute!!! Love the tshirt.
Eliz@The Sweet Life recently posted..Give Away- Crazy Sexy Diet

30 katie February 3, 2011 at 12:44 pm

that is so cool about Plaxico! What a neat way to get your blog advertised and to donate : ) love it!
katie recently posted..Tuna Love Maker

31 Jo @ Jo's Diet Journey February 3, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I want to see a pic of the inside of your freezer so we can see how much progress you’re making cleaning it out! πŸ˜‰
Jo @ Jo’s Diet Journey recently posted..Running

32 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 3, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I wish my dogs could fit into a cute tiny shirt like Maddie. She rocks that Meals and Miles shirt!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Breakfast Act 2

33 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 3, 2011 at 1:36 pm

AWESOME breakfast! I need to try that peanut sauce πŸ˜‰
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Southwestern Breakfast Quesadilla

34 Kiran February 3, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I would eat waffles like toast all the time and I agree, silverware are often overrated πŸ˜‰ Love Maddie first, then Plax πŸ˜€
Kiran recently posted..When life gives you lemons

35 Maren February 3, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I would have never thought of mixing plain yogurt with peanut butter. But I bet it’s amazing.
Maren recently posted..I want a coffee maker with a timer that starts making the coffee 5 minutes before waking up

36 Kacy February 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I eat waffles like toast all the time. Less dishes!

37 Raya February 3, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Looks great, now I want waffles for dinner!
Raya recently posted..On The Go