I’m going to Miami

by Meghann on January 28, 2011

It’s Friday! Yay!!!

Whose ready for a weekend in Miami?

IMG_6101.jpg

Don’t mind Maddie. I just told her she’ll be staying at the doggie hotel this weekend and she was not happy. She’s afraid she’s going to miss out on all the fun while everyone else is running the Miami Half Marathon.

It’s ok Maddie, you know we still love you. :)

I, for one, am getting pumped for the half. Not only will I be running alongside my little brother (hopefully), but this will be my first half marathon in over a year. 2010 was the year of the marathon, but 2011 is the year of the half. ;)

My Friday began with Level 2 of Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack and waffles.

I toasted a left over Oatmeal Waffle from Friday and slathered it with a mix of warmed pumpkin, peanut butter powder, almond milk, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. The combination was a new experiment and I’m proud to say it passed the test. I ended up lick the bowl I mixed it in.

I finished it off with warm cinnamon apples and raisins.

A very, very filling breakfast. I’m stuffed.

Have a great Friday everyone!

1 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 28, 2011 at 9:20 am

Woooo have fun in Miami!!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Turkey Veggie Pie and Rings

2 Dori January 28, 2011 at 9:22 am

Have fun at the half! I miss half marathons..
Dori recently posted..Nalini Method at Pure Yoga Yonect Giveaway

3 Kara January 28, 2011 at 9:24 am

Have fun in Miami! I’ll be thinking of you as I run a half marathon in the SNOW tomorrow morning :)
Kara recently posted..Baby thinking

4 Jennie @ Designed to be Fit January 28, 2011 at 9:29 am

Good luck at the race! I wish I was running Miami, maybe next year!

5 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 28, 2011 at 9:30 am

Good luck in Miami!!

6 Melanie @ Jon and Melie January 28, 2011 at 9:30 am

I almost bought that Jillian Michael’s DVD yesterday but opted for the 30 day shred instead. Have you done that one before? Hubby and I want to start it tonight!
Melanie @ Jon and Melie recently posted..Running with babies

7 Meghann January 28, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Yes, loved the 30 day shred! Here’s my review http://mealsandmiles.com/2009/04/10/30-day-shred-review/

8 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 28, 2011 at 9:30 am

OK, so as soon as I saw the title of this post I immediately thought of the song Miami by Will Smith… random, I know! I prefer the half distance rather than full as well. Enjoy your weekend! :)
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Bloggers and a buffet

9 Kiran January 28, 2011 at 9:31 am

Good luck and have fun in Miami! And yes, that waffles are calling me :D
Kiran recently posted..Home-made Pumpkin Spiced Chai

10 Hope January 28, 2011 at 9:34 am

Love waffles! I haven’t had them or pancakes in such a long time. I think I am changing that this weekend! :) Have fun in Miami!!
Hope recently posted..4 Degrees &amp Spinach- Tomato &amp Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken…

11 Ann January 28, 2011 at 9:35 am

Good luck in the half marathon!! I’m sure you’ll do great. As for me, I ‘m starting to get a little nervous about my first half marathon in March! Did you decide if you’re doing the Country Music Marathon in Nashville? I’ll probably be there (not running).
Ann recently posted..And Finally Success

12 Meghann January 28, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I think I’m going to do the half. My little brother is doing the full though.

13 Callie January 28, 2011 at 9:38 am

I had dreams of running that half…then our little bebe decided to come along. :) Have fun!
Callie recently posted..Workout Hiatus

14 Kelly January 28, 2011 at 9:38 am

I wish I was going to Miami this weekend. I’m over the cold!
Kelly recently posted..Feeling Rough

15 Ali @ Ali Runs January 28, 2011 at 9:55 am

Love the waffles! I still haven’t tried to put pumpkin on anything yet, but everyone in the blog world does. I’m so behind.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..5K Race Recap

16 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 28, 2011 at 10:01 am

Good luck with the race! Those waffles look really good, especially with that topping.

17 Amanda @ Eating Up January 28, 2011 at 10:04 am

Waffles on National Pancake Day? You rebel! ;-)
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Food for Thought

18 Meghann January 28, 2011 at 2:19 pm

haha – Waffle girl for life! (even on national pancake day ;) )

19 Lauren @ Running Examiner January 28, 2011 at 10:04 am

Good luck! I love half marathons — they are such a good opportunity to PR.

It’s funny — we have swapped years. :) Last year was my year of the half, and this year is my year of the marathon. I have three this year!
Lauren @ Running Examiner recently posted..Run in the New Year

20 megan @ blackberries for jam January 28, 2011 at 10:08 am

I need to try that pumpkin/peanut flour combo! I’ve been hoarding TJ’s peanut flour and need to find more uses for it. Good luck in Miami!
megan @ blackberries for jam recently posted..Books Make Me Happy

21 amy January 28, 2011 at 10:14 am

how are you liking those abs dvds? do you think they’re making a difference…?
amy recently posted..Breakfast Boredom

22 Meghann January 28, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I like the DVDs, but I’m not sure if they would really make a difference unless I committed to do it more than 3x a week and completely re-hauled my diet.

23 Ashley January 28, 2011 at 10:20 am

Good luck! I want to lick my computer just to get to those waffles. Amazing!

24 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete January 28, 2011 at 10:23 am

Have a great time in Miami!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Christmas Crack- Bark- Balls &amp More

25 Melissa @ Running with Needles January 28, 2011 at 10:29 am

Have a great time in Miami! I’m sure you and everyone you’re running with will do an awesome job!
p.s. I just did 6 week 6 pack for the first time yesterday and OMG am I sore this morning. Jillian does not mess around.
Melissa @ Running with Needles recently posted..Bringing it Back

26 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate January 28, 2011 at 10:44 am

Good luck this weekend! You will rock the half ;)
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Welcome To My New Home

27 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather January 28, 2011 at 10:50 am

Have fun in Miami! I just ran a half marathon on Sunday with my little brother (well he ran faster than me) and loved sharing that experience with him. It was his very first half and he rocked it!

28 Lesley January 28, 2011 at 10:53 am

I’ll be running the Miami half too!! See you there :)

29 kathleen January 28, 2011 at 10:53 am

i ran the inaugural Miami marathon. let us know if
1) you run it early enough so that everyone is just coming back from restaurants/clubs and looking at you as if you are crazy. you wonder if you are in fact crazy. getting up so early and paying to run. maybe you should’ve gone out instead?
2) if there are still bums trying to sell you pants and water… gotta love Miami bums!
kathleen recently posted..Another raw vegan granola

30 Meghann January 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I will let you know! ;)

31 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) January 28, 2011 at 10:59 am

Delicious breakfast and enjoy the half marathon, so fun! Can’t wait for the recap!!
xoxo
s
Sara (Miles and Manhattan) recently posted..GYM Pet Peeves…

32 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 28, 2011 at 11:02 am

Aw poor Maddie! Safe travels!

33 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 28, 2011 at 11:09 am

Good luck and have fun in Miami! Safe travels! :D

34 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food January 28, 2011 at 11:28 am

Have fun in Miami! Looks like the weather is gonna be good down here in South Florida. If you need any restaurant recs, let me know :)
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Food Fact Friday- Blueberry Pancake Day!

35 Kacy January 28, 2011 at 11:57 am

I’m jealous! Have a blast in Miami and good luck with the half!
Kacy recently posted..Soup

36 Katherine: Unemployed January 28, 2011 at 12:02 pm

how fun; have a great time
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Craig

37 LauraJayne January 28, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Good luck! I know you are going to rock it!
LauraJayne recently posted..Sugar Detox Day 5- Sugar is Addictive and Diet Coke Cravings

38 natalie (the sweets life) January 28, 2011 at 12:21 pm

good luck this weekend!! I can’t wait to hear how the fam does :)
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Baked Vegetable Egg Rolls

39 Eliz@The Sweet Life January 28, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Your waffles always look so yummy!
Eliz@The Sweet Life recently posted..Looking Back

40 Emily @ Savory and Savage January 28, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Have a great time at the Half!! I laughed at Maddie’s expression my dogs give me the same one just before I drop them off at the doggie motel :-)
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Pancake love

41 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 28, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I’m sure Maddie will get over it once she gets to the doggie hotel! Good luck!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..parched

42 Christin@purplebirdblog January 28, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Mmmm, you really can’t go wrong with peanut butter and pumpkin! I am always impressed with the fullness and staying power pumpkin provides!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Mushrooms and Onions

43 Biz January 28, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Have a safe trip Meghann! :D
Biz recently posted..Wow – thank you!

44 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner January 28, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I’ve never tried pumpkin on waffles! That is sooo cool! Do you think sweet potato puree would work too?
Kathleen @ Kat’s Health Corner recently posted..I Am “Coco” For “Choco-Date Muffins”

45 Meghann January 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I think it would! Sweet potato puree and pumpkin are almost always interchangeable in my opinion ;)

46 katie January 28, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Got to love a filling breakfast though ; ) looks yum!!

Good luck on your race girl! How awesome to be going to Miami ; ) I love it there!

Happy Friday! xo
katie recently posted..Date Night and Target happiness

47 Ashley January 28, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I LOVE waffles with peanut or almond butter! SoOOO good!

48 Alaina January 28, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Good luck on the half marathon!!!

I love putting fruit on my waffles. Whole fruit, not something drenched in a syrupy mix. Your waffles look awesome!! :-)
Alaina recently posted..It’s a Hard Rock Life

49 Jenna @ Eating Green, Staying Lean January 28, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Haha, at first I thought that was hummus on your waffle and I’ll admit I was a little scared :) The pumpkin/peanut butter flour combo sounds good!
Jenna @ Eating Green, Staying Lean recently posted..Stay tuned!