My Favorite Pair of Jeans

by Meghann on January 27, 2011

Do you have one pair of ‘comfort jeans’ that no matter how beat up/worn out they are you will continue to wear them?

I’m wearing mine today and I don’t care what you say… they are beautiful. πŸ™‚

I mean… they’re beat up to no end, about two sizes too big, and were purchased in 2004, but they’re comfortable and I love them.

I remember it was a big deal when I bought them back in the day because I usually prefer darker washed jeans (in fact, these are the only light ones I own), but they spoke to me. I probably wore them out every weekend my sophomore year in college.

n5207154_9584_1376.jpg

Then there came a time right after college when they no longer fit. They were too small, too tight, and I banished them to the bottom of my closet. However, I refused to throw them out and when I started losing weight, I set them out as my goal jeans. I wanted to be able to button them up again.

IMG_4124.JPG IMG_4125.JPG

Being able to button my favorite jeans again was the best thing any girl could ask for. I know one day I will absolutely have to say good bye to them, but until then they’re the perfect component to my ‘work at home’ wardrobe. πŸ™‚

Speaking of working at home, I found a new coffee shop love.
Why have I never been to the Stardust Coffee Shop in Winter Park before? It’s adorable! Lots of space, a great veg friendly menu, and at least a dozen other people are workin away at their computers as well. I’m in love!
I bought an English Breakfast Tea to sip on in my little cubbie. πŸ™‚
If I would have known about the great menu I probably would have ate lunch here, but instead I had a delicious plate of odds and ends at home.
I made a sandwich with my left over salmon from Tuesday night with a piece of cheese, spinach, and honey mustard.
Carrots and Peanut Butter

And Goldfish Pretzels
‘Twas a great lunch!
Time to get some work done!

1 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun January 27, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Getting back into my many favorite pairs of jeans is huge motivation for me in my body after baby progress. I seriously love the jeans I have and HATE HATE HATE jean shopping. The thought of shopping in my closet with jeans I know I love wins hugely over having to buy new ones. Thank goodness I have a couple between sizes pairs!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflections- Gifts of the Body

2 MaryBe@AccidentallyVegan January 27, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Love that photo of you on the sofa ha! And what a cute coffee shop
MaryBe@AccidentallyVegan recently posted..Some Days Dont Go As Planned- and a Chocolate Cake Recipe!

3 Kelly January 27, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Haha yeah I still have my favorite jeans from college too. I never throw out clothes.
Kelly recently posted..Feeling Rough

4 Meghann January 27, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Me either – that’s why my closet looks like this http://mealsandmiles.com/2011/01/25/fashion-emergency/

5 Jordan January 28, 2011 at 12:56 am

Hey, that’s my butt in that picture! Haha!

6 RunningOnCoffee January 28, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I don’t know…while your closet is full, it’s way more organized than mine!! πŸ™‚
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..No Snow Day – !

7 Amanda @ Eating Up January 27, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I hate pants shopping in general. I have a few pairs of jeans in various sizes in the back of my closets. I’m with you on not wanting to throw away a good thing!
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Food for Thought

8 Amanda January 27, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Jeans are a sore subject with me. I have one pair that actually fit. I have no idea where the brand comes from because they were from marshalls and I can’t find a pair of jeans that actually fit anywhere. Jeans shopping= major stress.
Amanda recently posted..Home Tour- Part 1

9 Jena January 27, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I have two favorite pairs, neither of which I bought, they were hand-me-downs. That has to be the best kind ever. One has a blown out crotch that are currently in the trunk of my car waiting to go to my Aunt who can fix them. The others are hollister and they are the most comfy things ever. I wear them every weekend and I don’t care what anyone says about them. They are holey, and sometime I forget and wear them to church and get dirty looks from my Mom (oops). =)

10 Jo January 27, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I have a favorite pair of jeans…and I am currently working towards being able to button them again πŸ™‚ Gotta love goal jeans!
Jo recently posted..Snow Day!

11 michelle January 27, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I usually go through my closet about every 6 months or so and donate a ton of stuff that I haven’t worn in months. I just hate clutter, especially clothes clutter.
michelle recently posted..Sunday Funday

12 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 27, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I think we all have a pair of pants or a shirt that no matter how much we may need to throw them out, we never do. πŸ˜‰

13 Jason Sadler January 27, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Seriously. Move to Jacksonville and I’ll pay you to be my chef. That’s not meant to be demeaning whatsoever, your food is beautiful. You can bring your old jeans too :9

14 Kara January 27, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I’m jealous of you working in a different spot every day…you’re living the dream πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..A dingo ate my baby

15 Amy January 27, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I hate shopping for jeans. It’s so hard for me to find the “Goldilocks” pair that fit juuust right. Being a college student and all I’ve been wearing yoga pants on the daily…dreading the day I have to look “professional” and give them up πŸ˜‰

16 Christin@purplebirdblog January 27, 2011 at 4:55 pm

I work from home and am in the same yoga pants situation!! I am actually seeking new employment (my at-home job is clashing with my massage therapy school schedule), and am kind of looking forward to putting on real clothes, but kind of not at the same time. πŸ˜‰
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Annoying!

17 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 27, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I have two pairs of jeans, but I only wear one πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Getting Organized- Part Deux

18 Jess (Daly Authenticity) January 27, 2011 at 2:45 pm

That coffee shop looks AWESOME! Unfortunately here in my town, there aren’t very many. I absolutely loathe jeans shopping, but yesterday I found the most awesome comfortable pair of jeans from AE and they fit like a glove! LOVE it when that happens!
Jess (Daly Authenticity) recently posted..Dinner Plans

19 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete January 27, 2011 at 2:46 pm

What a cute coffee shop!

Are those jeans Silvers? I have a pair and I love them — they have the right amount of stretch.

Right now the most comfortable pair of jeans I own are from Target and I got them for $10! They fit great, don’t shrink in the wash and are a darker wash (which I prefer!)

20 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 27, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I love visiting new Starbucks locations just for fun…. and coincidentally, in my favourite comfy jeans!!! Starbs is one of my most productive blogging locations and I’m so excited to go this weekend. Yours are beautiful!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Bloggers and a buffet

21 K January 27, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I used to have those jeans- SOOOO comfortable and they were the only light wash jeans I owned as well. I almost shed a tear when they ended up with a hole that could not be patched and that rendered the jeans indecent to wear.
K recently posted..winter running

22 Caroline January 27, 2011 at 2:52 pm

My favorite pair of jeans is from sometime in high school… over 8 years ago? They’re definitely weekend jeans, and probably shouldn’t even be worn out in public… holes in both knees (that weren’t intentional) and one that seems to keep growing in the bum… I guess they’re a little past “perfectly broken in” at this point.

23 kristy @ kristyruns.com January 27, 2011 at 2:54 pm

That coffee shop looks adorable! Starbucks is awesome but can’t beat rocking local digs!
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Hot Yoga Love

24 Jaclyn January 27, 2011 at 3:03 pm

I definitely have and love those “never gonna die” pairs of jeans πŸ˜‰
Jaclyn recently posted..Hot Yoga- Frozen Yogurt

25 Laura January 27, 2011 at 3:03 pm

when are you going to give us the big reveal about what your new self employed job is?!

26 Alex January 27, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I definitely have a favorite pair, too. I’ll go through fads where I’ll wear other pairs more frequently, but I always come back to the ones I love the most.

Yours aren’t too beat up! And they actually look like they fit pretty well!

27 Lish January 27, 2011 at 3:20 pm

My favorite pair of jeans are pretty beat up but I doubt I’ll throw them away until… well, I don’t know what it would take to make me throw them away. I’ve had my mom sew them a couple of times when the pocket ripped and a seam on the side came undone. I pretty much only wear them on weekends now since my work has a rule about no clothes with holes on casual Friday, ha.

I always have trouble finding jeans that are the perfect length because I’m too tall for petite sizes and too short for average. I found a perfect pair a few months ago that has the potential to become my new favorite pair of jeans, so I went out and bought two more pairs. I just couldn’t pass up having jeans that didn’t drag or look too short!

28 Shanna, like Banana January 27, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I have a favorite pair as well from 2003 and I can’t bear to let them go. No holes yet, but they are getting thin!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Shoes-Day!

29 Jayce January 27, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Some friends of mine used to get together at various places in Orlando/Winter Park once or twice a week to “co-work,” which was basically several different people doing their own work alongisde one another. It created community for some people who would otherwise spend the majority of their time alone working from home, and also could be good networking. They met at Stardust sometimes. If you’re ever interested in something like that I could ask if they still do it.
Jayce recently posted..Cute

30 Lauren @ Team Giles January 27, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Love, love, love a comfortable pair of jeans! Never get rid of them… in less they get too big. {thats me… right now. time to go shop!}

31 Ashley January 27, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I don’t have pants like that. My weight fluctuated so much for so long that I just kept throwing them out. That coffee shop looks great!

32 Ashley January 27, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I love old favorite jeans! And what a great feeling to be able to fit in them again after out-growing them for awhile! Even though they’re too big now, I bet it still feels great getting to put them on! I have a pair of jeans I’ve had since HS (10 years ago!) and I’m still excited every time I put them on & zip them up – feels so good to know I can still fit in my old high school duds!
Ashley recently posted..NEW BLOGGY

33 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Old jeans are…the BEST!

Hey random question, I think your computer is a MAC and you may have mentioned it before, but how do you blog, i.e. directly from Wordpress, do you use Ecto?
Photo uploading on my new self hosted WP site just using WP platform isn’t exactly “fast”. Not awful, but not efficient. Any MAC /WP blogging tips?
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Food Or Other Things- Big Ticket Items

34 Michelle @ Chasing Ambulances January 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Hi, I just inherited a Mac and used Ecto for the first time yesterday and it’s AWFUL. I’m used to Windows Live Writer. There are mac options other than Ecto, but I have heard they don’t compare to WLW (especially because it’s FREE) and if Ecto is anything like the others, I’m taking this route: http://www.webstuffscan.com/2010/04/09/how-to-run-windows-live-writer-on-mac/. Installing windows just to run WLW might be extreme – it takes up a lot of space – but I think I might care about Live Writer more than being perceived as extreme πŸ˜‰
Michelle @ Chasing Ambulances recently posted..The Tricks of the EggGenie

35 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 27, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I have tried Ecto many times in the past and have never had luck loving it. I give up on it.

Running VMWare or Parallels on my Mac to run Livewriter was something i tried to do. Til I realized the trial versions of VMWare or Parallels really wont fully support LWriter. So then you have to buy: full version of parallels, some sort of version of Windows, AND possibly your version of Livewriter.

It was lots of software to install and buy and i gave up.

Sigh. Stop by my blog and email me if you figure anything out!

Sorry Meghann for carrying on this convo in your comments πŸ™‚

36 Meghann January 27, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I use Ecto. It’s not the greatest, but it’s the best option for the Mac. I’ve tried other programs and all of them severely fail in comparison. I miss WLW too and have thought about doing parallels to do WLW, but have been to chicken to download the program because I’ve heard so many horror stories of people running parallel on their macs.

37 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 27, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Thanks Meghann for your info…I downloaded parallels and totally messed up my MAC and had to have someone come over and fix it$$ and I feel like I still really am not running at my “factory level” Mac. It still seems slow and like Parallels never really was fully removed at the deepest level.

But thanks for LMK about Ecto. I guess I need to just try it more…

πŸ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Challenge- Attraction

38 Lee January 27, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I use Mars Edit.
Lee recently posted..Blogger Yoga

39 Trish January 27, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I had a fave pair of jeans that I just couldn’t couldn’t give up. Sadly, the zipper on them broke. It was bad enough, but it happened to me at work. I went to the bathroom and the zipper just would not cooperate anymore. Yup, I was at the office and could not zipper up my pants. Fantastic stuff. Luckily, I had on a long sweater so I could at least keep my self (and my underwear!) covered up. πŸ™‚

40 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate January 27, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I work my favorite pair of jeans today! Maybe they are the reason I scored a date for tomorrow night πŸ˜‰
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Welcome To My New Home

41 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 27, 2011 at 4:03 pm

ahh yes – I love my fav jeans too! I will be so sad when they die πŸ™
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Taste of Australia part 3- The Lamington Cake

42 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) January 27, 2011 at 4:03 pm

love this post πŸ™‚ my favorite old jeans are still in my closet, way too big (even to really wear) but i look at them almost every day πŸ™‚
Sara
Sara (Miles and Manhattan) recently posted..GYM Pet Peeves…

43 Kacy January 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I rarely ever throw out a pair of jeans. You just never know when they might be needed again.
Kacy recently posted..Soup

44 Eliz@The Sweet Life January 27, 2011 at 4:17 pm

GREAT jeans. Fun way to mark your progress and remember where you’ve been!
Eliz@The Sweet Life recently posted..The Gift of Grace

45 Elisabeth January 27, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Is it just me, or in one of those pictures does it look like your IPod cord is in your tea??? Lol.

46 Meghann January 27, 2011 at 4:33 pm

haha – it’s my headphone and I didn’t realize it until after this post went up! I swear – I think i’ve lost my mid sometimes πŸ™‚

47 Meghann January 27, 2011 at 4:35 pm

errr…mind not mid

48 erica January 27, 2011 at 4:40 pm

i have a drawer full of jeans that i once loved (so i bought multiple) that i no longer fit, but refuse to throw out because i’ve convinced myself i’ll fit them once more. it’s a great goal to have!
i hope i can do it!
erica recently posted..it’s that time again…

49 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy January 27, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I had a pair of goal jeans from High School that I set my sights on when I lost weight too!! They fit now! πŸ™‚ They’re even a little big. Who would have thought?

50 Robyn @ Frugal 'n' Fit! January 27, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I just fit into my jeans this week three months after having a baby — best feeling ever! (Well, second best. Being a mom is first best, of course lol).

51 Erica January 27, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Ugh, me and jeans shoppping have a love/hate relationship! I am so tall (5’11”) that first order of business is to find extra longs, which luckily isn’t too terribly hard anymore. But then finding the right rise is brutal. I am also long waisted, so the ones that are low-rise are suuuppperr low rise on me! But once I find a pair that fits I’m loyal, because chances are that won’t happen again for a long time!

52 Meghan January 27, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I finally just got rid of all my huge comfy jeans. My fiance complained they made my butt look saggy.
Meghan recently posted..Denver

53 ezzie January 27, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I have the hardest time parting with any of my clothes, especially my jeans. So what if they don’t fit? I might wake up one day 6 inches shorter, ya never know πŸ˜›
Ohh and I love those gold fish pretzels! And that coffee shop looks pretty awesome πŸ˜€
ezzie recently posted..I &lt3 the sea And the food that is in it

54 Errign January 27, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I definitely have favorite pairs of jeans & I hate when they get the dreaded inner-thigh wear-out going on. Makes me so mad, but I keep wearing ’em!

Random side note: I am so jealous of your s’mores goldfish – I want to try them so bad & can’t find them. I do love the pretzel ones though πŸ™‚
Errign recently posted..Day 01 &amp Doctor’s Office

55 Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook January 27, 2011 at 5:27 pm

My favorite sweatshirt in the whole world is ten years old and 70 pounds ago, but it makes me so happy when I wear it. I had great memories in it (even when fat), and it was my favorite thing to put on when I was upset. I love putting it on now and seeing how far I’ve come (physically and emotionally). Hold on to those jeans as long as you can! πŸ™‚

56 Laura @ Backstage Pass January 27, 2011 at 5:40 pm

This post reminds me of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants! πŸ™‚
I definitely have a pair or two of jeans from college still around… haven’t gotten to the point where I would wear them out in public (they are super flare-legged) but it’s fun to have them around.
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..And the winner is

57 melissa roby January 27, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Girl!!!….Don’t you ever throw those jeans away!!!..I have the same relationship with a pair of my jeans….I almost threw them out 4 or 5 times in the past 10 years…..I love them too much….they are not cool anymore…they were probably cool during the “old 90210 days” ….maybe….:)

58 Michelle @ Living Learning Earning January 27, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Those jeans are cute πŸ™‚ I have some of my own “special” clothes that I love too much to throw away, even though they’re not particularly flattering.

It is definitely such a good feeling to fit back into a favorite pair of jeans… I have one right now that’s just a smidge too tight, and I hate it!

59 sarah (sarah learns) January 27, 2011 at 6:28 pm

waaahhh, i can’t fit in my favorite jeans right now! that is definitely one of the most motivating factors for me to lose the extra lbs, you know, in addition to my health, my upcoming wedding, etc.! πŸ™‚
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..stylish blogger – who knew!

60 Mimi January 27, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I have jeans that could be described in a almost identical way! I got them sophomore year of high school and now, as a junior in college, I still wear them in their hole-y glory!
Mimi recently posted..School rules my life

61 Bess @ Bess Be Fit January 27, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I have jeans just like that from college that I wore absolutely every weekend freshman year. I gained 20 pounds that year. Since losing it (and some) they still don’t fit, but for other reasons! I can’t bring myself to toss them, though, because they have so many good memories attached!
Bess @ Bess Be Fit recently posted..Y’all are making my day!

62 Alaina January 27, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I had a pair of “goal” jeans too. I bought them in college and when I gained weight I would muffin top. But I didn’t throw them out because I wanted to fit in them again! And I’m actually wearing those pants today! πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..It’s a Hard Rock Life

63 Sana January 27, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I loveeee sweats! As soon as I come home I ditch the jeans!

64 Katherine: Unemployed January 27, 2011 at 7:05 pm

mine are from middle school. ya…
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Craig

65 katie January 27, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I am a designer jean whore, lol! But I do have a Forever 21 pair I got for 20 bux and I wear them all the time! I love them!

I love the pretzel goldfish!!!!!!!!!! Yum!!
katie recently posted..Date Night and Target happiness

66 Lee January 27, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Unfortunately, my favorite old jeans are still too tight. Maybe one day.
Lee recently posted..Blogger Yoga

67 Lauren January 27, 2011 at 8:22 pm

I really want to buy a pair of Seven jeans but I don’t know how I can ever justify spending over $100 on denim. Someday!
Lauren recently posted..Escaping the Mundane

68 Olivia January 27, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I definitely have a favorite pair of jeans!! Although, mine seem to change every year or two because I just keep growing! Love the little coffeeshop-those are my favorite types of places to go:)
Olivia recently posted..Starbucks trip and a new recipe-

69 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 27, 2011 at 9:21 pm

I’ve had my favorite pair of jeans for five years – they’re still going strong!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fired up

70 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner January 27, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Yeah for fitting into your favorite jeans again!!! Such a great motivation! πŸ™‚
Kathleen @ Kat’s Health Corner recently posted..I Am β€œCoco” For β€œChoco-Date Muffins”

71 Kiran January 28, 2011 at 12:40 am

Spot on with the ol’ fav jeans. That has been my motivation too and I’m glad you inspired many through this post πŸ™‚ BTW, lets meet at Stardust the next time. Darn, we got to move to Winter Park at least πŸ˜‰
Kiran recently posted..Home-made Pumpkin Spiced Chai

72 Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy January 28, 2011 at 7:15 am

That picture is classic πŸ™‚ So cool that you can wear your comfort jeans to work – they’re cute!
Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy recently posted..Dining Out for the Extremely Cheap –

73 Taylor (Delish World) January 28, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I had those same AE jeans in college and I wore them all the time too! How funny!

74 Ali @ Ali Runs January 28, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I had a pair of jeans like that, I absolutely loved them! But one day the whole knee ripped out up to the middle of my thigh. It was such a sad day!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..5K Race Recap

75 RunningOnCoffee January 28, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I love finding hidden gem coffee places like that!
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..No Snow Day – !

76 emilyr January 28, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I just wore mine for good luck during the NFC Championship game! They are ripped, faded and are too big, but I love them πŸ™‚
emilyr recently posted..New Year- New goings on

77 Megan @ Newly Wife February 2, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Congrats on fitting back into them! They are super cute too!
Megan @ Newly Wife recently posted..Easy Appetizer- Brie en Croute