more ยป" />

How to spice up a frozen pizza

by Meghann on January 27, 2011

Start with a frozen pizza

Bake per directions

Halfway through suggested time remove pizza from oven

Take out your secret weapon

(this is the part where it gets good)

Continue baking per the directions

Serve with a side salad.

Loved it! I’m a big fan of ‘bulking up’ frozen pizzas and thought the egg added a nice touch.

My side salad consisted of spinach, mushrooms, pecans, avocado, and a balsamic dressing.

Edy’s Take the Cake in a nice cake cone for dessert.

I can’t forget the Carrot Cake Clif Bar I snacked on this afternoon, but never took a photo of. :(

Also, I went a little crazy recording episodes of ‘My Fair Wedding’ this afternoon and I’m now convinced I need a huge themed wedding. Would someone please take the remote away from me?

Send help! And cake. ;)

1 Michelle January 27, 2011 at 9:31 pm

That pizza looks interesting. Not sure if I’d try it tho

2 Erika @ Food.Fitness.Fun January 27, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Mmmm…that sounds like a great idea! I’ve never tried eggs on pizza, but I’ve heard of it before.
PS – How was the Carrot Cake Clif Bar? I have two in my pantry waiting to get eaten…

3 Meghann January 27, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Honestly? Wasn’t my favorite Clif Bar Flavor.

4 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) January 27, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I agree- they’re slightly too sweet to be my favorite!

5 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete January 27, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I agree, I thought the carrot cake flavor was pretty nasty

6 Lindsey January 27, 2011 at 9:32 pm

I’ve been singing the tune “Send cake” all day- it’s National Chocolate Cake Day!

7 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) January 27, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Never thought of adding egg to pizza but I like it! Egg on pizza was popular in Korea. That and corn (randomly), which you get even on plain cheese pizza.

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 27, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I have never ever ever thought of putting an egg on a pizza!

9 Amanda January 27, 2011 at 9:38 pm

What a good idea! I’m a sucker for putting random things on frozen pizzas. Usually it’s just spinach, pineapple, or anything else in the fridge…but I’m totally trying an egg.

10 sarah (sarah learns) January 27, 2011 at 9:41 pm

huh. eggs on a pizza? really? i might just take your word on this one and not try it myself!

11 Maggie January 27, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Oh my god! That’s genius!

12 Christin@purplebirdblog January 27, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I don’t know if I ever would have thought to do that, but I really, really want to now! Gotta get a frozen pizza and then it’s ON! :D

13 Ellie @ The Mommyist January 27, 2011 at 9:45 pm

My initial reaction to your pizza with egg was not good but I’ve given it more consideration and changed my mind. I like fried egg sandwiches with cheese and olives and peppers, your pizza really isn’t any different. I may have to give that a try.

14 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 27, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I’ll send you cake if you send that ice cream :)

15 Alaina January 27, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I would be the same way with those shows. For the longest time I wanted to be a wedding planner!

That pizza looks awesome! I never think to put an egg on top. Hmmm. :-)

16 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate January 27, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I think you got the egg idea from me ;)

17 Nate - Callie's husband January 27, 2011 at 9:58 pm

A wedding theme, huh? Garnet and gold worked pretty well for us. :)

18 Callie January 27, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Oops – that last one was from Callie – guess Nate’s name was still in there from last night’s comment.

19 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) January 27, 2011 at 10:07 pm

The pizza looks good but I’m super attracted to the ice cream. (;

20 Errign January 27, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I like to add egg to breakfast pizza, especially when the yolk stays runny, but it’s always tricky to tell how cooked the eggs are :)

So glad I don’t have a DVR – I’d never leave my house because I’d have too many things to watch :)

21 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 27, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Eggs on a pizza? Quite the idea. I love it!

22 Michelle @ Living Learning Earning January 27, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Yum, avocado!
Is there a way to store avocado and prevent it from turning brown? I don’t buy it very often because I live alone and don’t want to waste it.

23 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) January 27, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I like the idea of egg on pizza, but am not sure if I could make it work. I’m allergic to uncooked or undercooked egg, so no drippy yolks for me. I wonder how it would work if the egg was cooked through?

24 Jenna January 27, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Love the egg idea!!

25 maria @ Chasing the Now January 27, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Glad you enjoyed the frozen pizza but I just can’t do runny eggs. Freaks. Me. Out. I add extra veggies instead.

26 Grace January 27, 2011 at 10:37 pm

I love wedding shows! Have you ever seen Platinum Weddings, it’s worse. Amazing…but expensive.

27 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 27, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Never thought to put eggs on pizza but I’m willing to try it! Can’t knock it till I do. ;)

28 Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook January 27, 2011 at 10:57 pm

That is such a good idea to spice up frozen pizzas!! I’m going to have to add more veggies to mine next time. The salad looks tasty too!

29 Sana January 27, 2011 at 11:14 pm

I want to wedding cake tasting!

30 Lauren @Hungry Dancer January 27, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Egg on the pizza sounds awesome!!

31 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) January 27, 2011 at 11:41 pm

GREAT IDEA. Officially stealing. Also just got the idea from friends that you can go to a pizza place and buy the dough and make your own pizza! who knew?!?!!?
xoxo
s

32 Laura @ Backstage Pass January 27, 2011 at 11:49 pm

What a great way of amount up the protein! I’v heard of egg-y pizzas in other countries, but have never tried it myself. Will have to give it a shot sometime soon!
Isn’t cake batter ice cream – with the frosting swirls an sprinkles, of course – the best?

33 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! January 28, 2011 at 12:28 am

I’ve never tried egg on pizza! That sounds very interesting! I love them both, so why not combine them??

34 Kiran January 28, 2011 at 12:41 am

Nothing like having a breakfast pizza, any time of the day ;)

35 fitterthanchoc January 28, 2011 at 12:49 am

This is a fabulous idea! Why haven’t I thought of it? My partner loves eggs, and I’m sure he’d be delighted to have it on his pizza too! Thanks for the great idea!

36 Katherine: Unemployed January 28, 2011 at 7:23 am

adding eggs is a great idea!

37 Ashley January 28, 2011 at 7:30 am

I’ve never heard of eggs on pizza unless it was a breakfast pizza and they were scrambled. It looks interesting.

38 Lily's Health Pad January 28, 2011 at 7:50 am

Very….interesting idea. Not sure I’d like runny egg on my pizza, but I must say you are always creative! ;-)

39 Victoria January 28, 2011 at 7:55 am

YUM! I love adding a poached egg on top of a frisee salad, too. It’s delicious!

40 Allie January 28, 2011 at 8:14 am

What an interesting way to cook a pizza! I never thought about breakfast pizza .. hmmm sounds and looks delectable! I saw your tweets yesterday about private and public school and they made me laugh about someone said they thought you said urine instead of unknown HAHA :) Have a good day!

41 Hope January 28, 2011 at 8:14 am

I’ve never had an egg on pizza before! That looks so interesting. I bet it adds great flavor to the pizza. I am totally going to have to try it.

I LOVE My Fair Wedding! David Tutera is my inspiration! I completely LOVE him! He does incredible work. I just totally love that show. You will become obsessed. He does have that effect :)

42 Kara January 28, 2011 at 8:56 am

Very interesting! I wouldn’t touch that pizza with a ten foot pole, but I applaud your creativity :)

43 Paula January 28, 2011 at 8:58 am

Way to ruin a pizza! LOL Sorry, I just couldn’t do it…but I’m glad you enjoyed it. :)

44 kim January 28, 2011 at 10:28 am

so ive always wanted to make a pizza with an egg on top, but ive always been too nervous — like what if it doesnt cook enough?! thanks for the lesson :) and cake batter ice cream is my favorite ever. i think ive put it off long enough this week!

45 Dawn (HealthySDLiving) January 28, 2011 at 10:52 am

That pizza looks so good – I’ve never made anything like that! Eggs and Pizza are like 2 of my FAVORITE things, so I think I’d LOVE this!

46 Kacy January 28, 2011 at 11:05 am

I’m so going to have to buy that ice cream now. You’ve shown it three times and that is my ice cream resistance threshold, haha.

I love adding eggs to pizza!

47 RhodeyGirl January 28, 2011 at 12:35 pm

wedding feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

48 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner January 28, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I’ve heard of eggs on pizza, but yours sure looks better than any others I’ve seen. :)

49 Kristen January 28, 2011 at 1:28 pm

You should totally do a themed wedding! Mine was partially themed. We got married on 07-07-07, so we decided to go with the Lucky theme. We danced to “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds (which was already our song), and gave out 777 lottery tickets as favors. I wouldn’t have changes a thing!

50 Stephanie January 28, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I’m amazing by all the good supplies/ingredients you always seem to have to make delicious meals! I hate grocery shopping :o( But I do luv that My Fair Wedding show! Leave it to David Tutera to make a beautiful Wizard of Oz themed wedding :o)

51 Ffion January 28, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I always add extra toppings to pizza, but never thought of egg!

52 Caitlin January 28, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Just put eggs on my pizza….but its thin crust and they’re running all over the place! Guess I need that crust to hold em in!

53 Stephanie @cookinfanatic January 28, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Egg on pizza is so good! So is egg on pasta, the yolk makes such a wonderful “sauce” mixed with some parmesan!

54 Stephanie @ Living and Loving February 23, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Ever since you made this pizza, I’ve been wanting to try it! I might need to add a pizza to my grocery list and give it a go!

55 Heather March 3, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I tried this tonight to a COLOSSAL FAIL!!! Oy. Let’s just say the bottom of my oven has egg on it…HAHA. I will muster the courage to try again though because this looks so good.

56 Meghann March 3, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Ouch! Try it again! I have faith in you!! :)

57 Hemarie @ I Sweat Pretty October 17, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I tried this tonight. So good!