Sunshine

by Meghann on January 26, 2011

Now, this is what I’m talking about.

Working outside in the beautiful Florida sunshine at Starbucks? Well, don’t mind if I do.

IMG_4112.jpg

This is something I used to dream about when I was stuck inside a regular office setting. It’s hard to stay inside when the weather is so nice. I believe more offices should give the option of working outside on beautiful days. My guess is productivity would sky rocket thanks to the extra dose of vitamin D. πŸ˜‰

I was on the other side of town this morning taking advantage of my Vixen Fitness Groupon deal. The deal is good for a 4 class pass at the studio (I used the first class a couple of weeks ago with the Intro to Pole Dancing class), but I’m not loving that the only classes they have open spaces for over the next month occur smack dab in the middle of the day. Boo.

I was able to sign up for the 9:30 Firm & Flex class this morning. I usually prefer to do my work outs early in the morning, before the work day has begun, but since I only have a month before I move to use the pass, I need to get these classes in to take full advantage. πŸ™‚

Their ‘Firm & Flex Class‘ was great – it sort of reminded me of body pump, but definitely skewed towards women. The class was broken up into so many songs and each song concentrated on a muscle group. Small weights, a weight bar, and good old fashion body weight was incorporated in each routine and I appreciated how our instructor was selective in her encouraging terms. Instead of reminding us ‘bathing suit season is just around the corner’ (Anyone else hate when they say that?), she informed us we our strong women and need strong muscles to coincide with that. Seriously love all the girl power at Vixen.

After the class I headed to Starbucks to set up camp with snacks and refreshments.

IMG_4109.JPG IMG_4111.jpg

When my stomach started to grumbled I walked next door to a new burrito place that had opened up called ‘Lime Fresh Mexican Grill’

This place was more Chipolte than Moe’s. You order from a pre-set menu (meaning they don’t make it in front of you) and the menu proudly boasts that all their meat is from humanely raised farms and the produce is fresh, mostly local, and delivered daily..

I ordered the ‘Skinny Fish Burrito’

The skinny means it came on a whole wheat tortilla and doesn’t contain sour cream, guac, or rice.

The burrito was tasty. πŸ™‚ I like how they had the grilled fish option and everything tasted so fresh – even the refried beans!

I enjoyed the salsa and tortilla chips on the side. The spicy salsa was also excellent when added to the burrito.

Want to hear about my random creation I made for dinner?

Basically I emptied a can of diced tomatoes and black eyed peas to a pot.

Then added mushrooms, corn, rice, and garlic for good measure.

What should I call this? Really quick, easy Gumbo? Ummm…. Tomatoes and Black Eye Peas with a twist? Meghann’s Lazy Dinner?

Oh, yeah. I added raisins to the bowl for a touch of sweetness. Lately, I’ve had the desire to add raisins to everything.

On the side I had a piece of toast with melted swiss cheese on top.

Christmas Stocking Chocolate for dessert.

RE: Questions About Derek’s Print

• It’s too big to fit in the bathroom, though we both really liked that idea!
  • It’s a print, which means it’s not an original. In fact, if you would like to purchase something similar on the back of a shirt that can be found here http://www.guyharveyshirts.com/. Hmm… maybe that’s what I’ll get Derek for his birthday this year?
  • I know this is the first of many compromises, but I like that we’re actually taking the time to talk about these issues rather than just simply saying No.
  • I understand the print isn’t ‘that bad’ but it’s not me either. πŸ™‚
1 Evan Thomas January 26, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Sunshine? What is that? I’ve forgotten living in the North East πŸ™‚

Just think: It could be a picture of Gandolf.

2 Sarah @ goingongoals January 26, 2011 at 9:41 pm

How about “Thrown Together Gumbo”?
Sarah @ goingongoals recently posted..Snow- BodyPump- Tofu and Training

3 Sana January 26, 2011 at 9:41 pm

I love that you like a sweet kick to your savory meals πŸ™‚
Sana recently posted..Tuna Kabobs

4 Katy @ RecipeCan January 26, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Oh, how these photos make me miss my hometown in FL. Why did I ever leave?! I am getting an estimated 9″ of snow tonight in Boston πŸ™

5 Amanda @ Eating Up January 26, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I totally have that same urge to put raisins on everything. It’s weird, right?
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Food for Thought

6 Jenna @Eating Green, Staying Lean January 26, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I’m so jealous that a) it’s sunny and beautiful there (it’s a snowy blizzard in DC today…blah) and b) of that fish burrito! Sounds yummy!
Jenna @Eating Green, Staying Lean recently posted..Who knew

7 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 26, 2011 at 9:44 pm

“Instead of reminding us β€˜bathing suit season is just around the corner’ (Anyone else hate when they say that?), “===

And i live in San Diego (just posted about the sights in my hood today)..it’s 76F and sunny. It’s bathing suit season year round here pretty much anyway πŸ™‚

And raisins in everything. Me too! i love them!

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 26, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I laughed at your tweets today when you said you had to go to the bathroom when you were sitting at Starbuck’s. Cracked me up! I love working outside in the sun!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fired up

9 Ali @ Ali on the Run January 26, 2011 at 9:50 pm

As it is currently hailing in NYC, I could not be any more jealous of you. Enjoy the sunshine! Also, love your green bowl! Very adorable.
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..How To Have A Good Day

10 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. January 26, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I ate at Lime when I was is Miami in October; it was good!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..food baby

11 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) January 26, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Love the sunshine! I’ve been getting a lot of it lately as well! (:

12 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge January 26, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Oh that sunny day is making me so jealous! We’re getting even MORE snow here in MA. I need the tropics! πŸ™‚
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..It’s a Hard Rock Life

13 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 26, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Exactly the reason why I sometimes love living in Florida. πŸ˜‰

14 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 26, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Christmas candy – what a fun little treat to enjoy!

15 Christin@purplebirdblog January 26, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I love fish tacos, and a fish burrito is just a fish taco on crack! Looks amazing! πŸ™‚
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday- I Made Sushi!

16 sarah (sarah learns) January 26, 2011 at 10:10 pm

i haven’t seen the sun in days – i’m jealous! your burrito totally made me crave chipotle or q’doba!
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..what i ate tuesday

17 Kaitlin January 26, 2011 at 10:12 pm

That burrito looks a-maaaazing. And what a fun soup idea! I might try a similar thing tomorrow, I have all of those ingredients on hand. Thanks for the idea!
Kaitlin recently posted..Extreme Snow Running

18 Ashley January 26, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I love raisins and Starbucks. It’s good that you guys are compromising so early in the game!

19 Kristy @ KristyRuns January 26, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Pass a little of that sunshine to Atlanta please! πŸ™‚ Mmmm…now I want chips and salsa…
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Hot Yoga Love

20 Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 26, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Ok so that buritto seriously looks amazing. And i’m SO JEALOUS of your weather!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Catch Up

21 Grace January 26, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I got the GroupOn for that yesterday and I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it! The salsa looks very yummy! I like your napkins too! I bought those during Christmas, I switch up my napkins and placements every season=)
Grace recently posted..Tempted

22 Ali @ Ali Runs January 26, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I think that it would be such a great idea to let employees work outside on nice days. I love studying outside when it’s nice up up north (which is basically just finals week in May-boo!).
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..5K Race Recap

23 Kiran January 26, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Oh the weather indeed was surprisingly good after yesterday’s hideousness πŸ™‚
Kiran recently posted..Home-made Pumpkin Spiced Chai

24 Dori January 26, 2011 at 10:55 pm

The burrito looks and sounds awesome! We used to have our team meetings in the park at my old job. Loved it.
Dori recently posted..Nalini Method at Pure Yoga Yonect Giveaway

25 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) January 26, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Must be amazing to have newly found flexibility and times for working out! I stare at my gym’s schedule all day long coveting classes I could never take! πŸ™‚ LAME!!! πŸ™‚
Sara
Sara (Miles and Manhattan) recently posted..GYM Pet Peeves…

26 Lauren January 26, 2011 at 11:14 pm

So jealous of your weather, lucky lady!
Lauren recently posted..Makeup Consultation and Some Channa Masala

27 Maryann January 26, 2011 at 11:18 pm

I love your dinner idea!! Simple and easy…definitely my style!
Maryann recently posted..Banishing Sugar Cravings

28 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) January 26, 2011 at 11:59 pm

I love burrito places like that. I just found a new one called Costa Vida nearby–don’t know if they exist over there, but definitely worth checking out.
Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) recently posted..True Life- My Marathon Training Started Without Me

29 Rebecca January 27, 2011 at 12:28 am

I had to look back to the post about the print and I got a real good laugh out of it. I moved in with my bf 1.5 years ago and due to the circumstances we didn’t redecorate at all and I’ve been living with his(and his mom’s) things and decorations ever since. AND we do have a living room complete with many wolf pictures, a true deer head (yes, it used to be real), some duck decoys, a raccoon statue, some sort of wolf thing in a canoe that I’m pretty sure is some sort of real animal fur. I could go on and you, you get the idea. I feel pretty envious of your situation! And the worst part is that I LOVE decorating.

Anyway, loving the decor topic!

30 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate January 27, 2011 at 6:44 am

Send some of that sunshine over here!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Welcome To My New Home

31 katie January 27, 2011 at 6:48 am

I have not seen sunshine in forever : p

Love the burrito , I would dominate that, I love fish burritos when they are healthy like that of course ; )

I hope you and Derek get the pic thing situated, I guess you did right? Its going in the bedroom I think you said, oh when theres love there is compromises ; )

I never had that problem with decorating or stuff like that with Mike, I mean the guy lets me use my hello kitty to toast his bread ; ) it comes out with a hello kitty face on it too, lol! U and Derek are the best and you guys will make the place look nice ; )
katie recently posted..Date Night and Target happiness

32 Lauren January 27, 2011 at 6:50 am

I agree, more offices should include outdoor work areas. Working alfresco! I think this could be a new idea in the making. Go with it girl!!! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Escaping the Mundane

33 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 27, 2011 at 7:22 am

Oooooh the Florida sun!! I ordered some summer clothes from J.Crew recently and seriously wish I lived somewhere warm so I could try them out!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Food Staples

34 elcthesweetlife@gmail.com January 27, 2011 at 8:06 am

Your dinner looks perfect–healthy and inexpensive and tasty!
elcthesweetlife@gmail.com recently posted..Oatmeal Wheat Bread and Life Lessons

35 Allie January 27, 2011 at 8:27 am

Your lunch sounds really good right now! I cannot believe you were able to work outside… soo lucky! If I went outside to do homework I would turn into a snow man haha it is snowing right now in Pittsburgh.. I want to go to FL!
Allie recently posted..Guess What!

36 Mia January 27, 2011 at 8:32 am

I realy like your blog, but I’m sorry some of your meals sound so disgusting to me….I guess I shouldn’t knock it before I try it, but you eat the most random combinations of food!

37 Caitlin T January 27, 2011 at 8:40 am

didn’t you say he had a 2 bedroom apartment? perhaps it can go in the extra bedroom?
Caitlin T recently posted..Greys Anatomy has the answers to life

38 Kara January 27, 2011 at 8:43 am

I don’t remember what warm weather feels like. Your lunch looks amazing, but I would have added guac because everything is better with guac.

I bet Derek would feel lucky if he saw our house and how all of my husband’s framed Marine stuff and airplane pictures are all relegated to his office or the basement πŸ™‚ Apparently, the rest of the house is mine!
Kara recently posted..Who needs baby toys

39 Rachel January 27, 2011 at 8:48 am

The food looks delicious. But I would suggest exercising caution in using canned beans and tomatoes because of the chemicals in the can lining (BPA):

40 Bobbie January 27, 2011 at 9:21 am

Lunch looks delish πŸ™‚ I was just reading Kath’s blog…looks like you girls both made some single lady soup with toast for dinner πŸ™‚

41 Vogue Yogini January 27, 2011 at 9:27 am

Looks like I missed the party at Vixen – darn it! I really want to try it out, too, but had the same problem finding a class in the next month that fit into my schedule but wasn’t 11pm on a Saturday. Where is this Press 101 you speak of? Looks delicious!
Vogue Yogini recently posted..Rise and Fall

42 Beth @ DiningAndDishing January 27, 2011 at 9:51 am

I would die for some of that sunshine right now!! I can’t believe you’re working outside while some people in DC can’t even GET outside because of the snow! What a difference a few states can make :).
Beth @ DiningAndDishing recently posted..Keep it Simple

43 Kacy January 27, 2011 at 10:42 am

Sounds wonderful! Were it ever nice enough to work outside here, it would be too windy. Oy.

44 Katy January 27, 2011 at 10:50 am

I love your new office πŸ™‚ That burrito looked amazing! I like it when the insides are kind of mixed together so they bond and try and burst out of the tortilla. MMMMMMM.

45 Mandy A January 27, 2011 at 11:00 am

Okay… as much snow and nasty coldness (if that’s a word!) that we have had here in Nashville this winter – those first two pictures COMPLETELY made me want to move back to Orlando!!!!!!!!!!

If only I could talk my husband into it, I think I’d go back in a heartbeat… lol
Mandy A recently posted..Drawn Together

46 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 27, 2011 at 11:37 am

SO jealous of your weather!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Tag! You’re It

47 Teena January 27, 2011 at 3:53 pm

What is that red Starbucks drink called that you had???

48 Meghann January 27, 2011 at 4:32 pm

It’s an unsweet iced pasion fruit tea. Very yummy. πŸ™‚

49 Cole February 1, 2011 at 4:15 pm

What a happy post! I love Lime, we have one near us and hit it up for lunch during the week regularly. I love the variety of salsas and sauces