Fashion Emergency

by Meghann on January 25, 2011

Help!

I’m filming my pilot for Izon Orlando this afternoon and I have no idea what to wear!

IMG_4097.JPG IMG_4098.JPG IMG_4101.JPG IMG_4103.JPG  IMG_4099.JPG

Personally I’m a fan of the self promotion route, but I have a feeling that’s a no. πŸ˜‰

What do you guys think? It’s a fitness type show where I will be more than likely jumping on a trampoline for part of it (I promise I’ll explain more on that tonight) and I have black yoga pants for the bottom. All suggestions and thoughts are welcomed, but please keep in mind that I am limited to what’s already in my closet.

IMG_5841.jpg

Oh, and we start filming in two and a half hours!

Yikes! Don’t you love leaving things until last minute? πŸ˜‰

It has been a busy morning around here. I haven’t stepped away from my computer for more than 5 minutes at a time and I still have mucho amount of work to get done before I leave. Isn’t being self employed grand?

I think the more zoned out I become with work, the hungrier my stomach becomes. Shouldn’t it be the opposite?

This morning I took a mini break to nibble on some Peanuts and Smores & Pretzel Goldfish.

When lunch came around I had no desire to cook anything and instead with the random plate of what ever is in my fridge route.

I just happened to have black beans, avocado, nut butter fries, broccoli, and cherries in my fridge.

πŸ™‚

I’m a little nervous about filming today. I’ve never ‘hosted’ anything, though I was a ‘weather girl’ in middle school ad was involved in tv production in high school.

Anyone have any pointers? My problem is I tend to talk fast – i know I need to get over that one!

1 Ali January 25, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I like the orangy pink long sleeved top you have in one of the pictures. It looks nice with your coloring!
Ali recently posted..Pizza Dilemma- Solved!

2 Jessie January 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I agree with Ali!

3 Ali @ Ali on the Run January 25, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I like the long-sleeved peach/pink top best. The color will pop and balance out the black pants nicely. Plus, you won’t have to worry about any, uh, slip-ups while trampolining! Remember, take deep breaths, smile plenty and just relax. You’ll be great!

4 Erika @ Food.Fitness.Fun January 25, 2011 at 2:22 pm

How exciting! I personally like the orange shirt – good luck! πŸ˜€
Erika @ Food.Fitness.Fun recently posted..Hitting The Books…Hard!

5 katy. January 25, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I agree with Ali, the orange/pink one with the long sleeves. It’ll also stay hooked on your hands well while you’re bouncing. I’m guessing Rebounderz? πŸ™‚
katy. recently posted.. etsy love happy finds

6 Katy January 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I really really like that salmon/peach-y colored top! It fits you well and the color is great! It looks casual, but fitness-y and nice at the same time!

7 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete January 25, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Just take lots of deep breaths before you go — as silly as it sounds that always helps calm me down.

And I like the first pic first — the white shirt with the gray wrap/cardigan thing.

8 Amanda January 25, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I’m with Holly on the shirt preference.
Make sure you have a full deep breath so you don’t feel like you need to gasp for air as soon as you start talking.

9 DCRunner January 25, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Sweater top is the way to go… versatile enough that it doesn’t scream sweaty workout wear, but it looks a little more put together. But if you want to scream workout wear, I’d go with the orangish/pinkish (what color is that?) top with the thumb holes.

10 alex January 25, 2011 at 2:25 pm

My suggestion would be to stay away from white or black, as well as anything with logos. If you are a nervous sweater (sorry, but it is a reality for some!) then consider a tank or dri-fit. My favourite is the pink/salmon. Nice bright colour, looks active and ‘sporty’ without looking like you just screeched in from a workout! Good luck!

11 Amanda @ Eating Up January 25, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Take a deep breath and pretend the camera is your friend and you are having a conversation with it!
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Save Up- A Soon-to-Be College Grad’s Brain Food

12 Js Everyday Fashion January 25, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I like the very first one best, with the salmon colored one as a close second!

ps. Your closet is like 3x the size of mine!! Look at all those clothes!!
Js Everyday Fashion recently posted..Todays Everyday Fashion- That 70s Plaid

13 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 25, 2011 at 2:27 pm

You will be fantastic!!! πŸ˜€ I love the pinkish top (which seems to be the majority of people!)

14 Avery (Young Aspirations) January 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I like the short sleeved blue one on the bottom right. You won’t get hot and it shows off how fit you are!

15 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] January 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I think the first few votes are for the peachy/salmon top! It would work well if you plan on doing some fitness type stuff.
suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] recently posted..From one Bay Area to another!

16 Katy @ RecipeCan January 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I like the coral colored top the best. Good luck!
Katy @ RecipeCan recently posted..Simple Chicken

17 Katy @ A Healthy Shot January 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I like the peach top or the white tank/black hoodie! I think public speaking is just something that comes with practice. My best advice is to take some deep breaths and don’t be afraid to stop and take a pause to regroup your thoughts. Good luck πŸ™‚

18 Mari January 25, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Good luck!

I am a fan of the white grey combo too, and I think the cardi will look really cool bouncing on a trampoline…

19 Lindsay@cookveganlover January 25, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I like the first one the best! it’s the cutest!
Lindsay@cookveganlover recently posted..Weekend Wrap Up

20 kristy @ kristyruns.com January 25, 2011 at 2:34 pm

The orange top!!!

Just take your time and pretend you’re talking to a girl friend. And smile! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..A Bad Day

21 Jenna January 25, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I like the coral long sleeve top best, or the blue short sleeve one if you think you’ll get too hot in long sleeves. The brighter colors look the best on you, and I think would look better on camera. Good luck!

22 Caroline January 25, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Well if we’re ruling out the Meals and Miles shirt, I think the top left is most flattering, though I don’t know how it looks without the cardigan (I’m thinking bra-straps like the top right are a no)

23 Erin (Travel Eat Repeat) January 25, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Finally, my broadcast journalism degree comes in handy! πŸ˜‰ Just remember to breathe and speak slowly and clearly. It’s better to speak a little slowly than rush/mumble your words. Have fun!

24 Lindsay January 25, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I like the first one…looks more put together. But I guess if you want/”need” to look my “work-out girl” then the peach one πŸ™‚

25 bethany January 25, 2011 at 2:37 pm

orange/peach/pink shirt FOR SURE! You look awesome!

26 Heather January 25, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I love the orange shirt!!! Colourful πŸ™‚

27 Kim @ girlevolving January 25, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I think the pink top is super cute! I vote that one! Can’t wait to hear more about the segment.
Kim @ girlevolving recently posted..stupid virus

28 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 25, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I like the pink top, too! Very athletic looking for your purposes.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Tag! You’re It

29 Dori January 25, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I am SO jealous of your closet!!!! And I like the very first outfit you have on.
Dori recently posted..Nalini Method at Pure Yoga Yonect Giveaway

30 Allie January 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Congrats on being on camera! I like the Meals and Miles shirt :p but since you can’t exactly do that, I vote the orange shirt πŸ™‚
Allie recently posted..Guess What!

31 Hope January 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I like the first outfit or the pink top! Super cute! Just try and remain calm and imagine that you are just talking to a friend. Pay no attention to the camera. Just focus and remember to always breathe πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..4 Degrees &amp Spinach- Tomato &amp Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken…

32 Charlie January 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I love the orange/pink long sleeve shirt!
Charlie recently posted..Tiramisu

33 Caitlin January 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Orange top and a scarf!
Caitlin recently posted..Bribes and Gold Stars

34 Ali @ Ali Runs January 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I really like the light blue top! Good luck with your show! πŸ™‚ Have fun!!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..5K Race Recap

35 Morgan @ Life After Bagels January 25, 2011 at 2:44 pm

best tip – just make sure your hair is away from your face and in a style where you won’t be fussing with it too much!
Morgan @ Life After Bagels recently posted..There’s A Snake In My Boot

36 Lisa January 25, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I like the pinky-orangey shirt, maybe with a black/grey cardigan over top? Sporty but still professional and if you’re going to be bouncing on a trampoline, maybe not a tank top? πŸ™‚ Have so much fun!
Lisa recently posted..Can’t Get Enough Quinoa

37 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life January 25, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I think the Meals and Miles shirt is fun, but my second choice is the short sleeved blue shirt. It’s sporty and flattering but doesn’t scream workout shirt.
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Butt Kicked

38 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 25, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I think you should self promote πŸ™‚ I’ve hated public speaking ever since I was a kid with a speech impediment. It was traumatizing!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Getting Organized- Part Deux

39 Nicole January 25, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I didn’t know there were peanut butter goldfish, I must get on that ASAP!

40 Rae January 25, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I have the same issue. I work with a speech coach for my job and he suggested taking intentional pauses…like, after you make a point, pause and take a breath. Lets you slow down and make the audience think you are making an excellent point πŸ™‚ good luck!

41 Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy January 25, 2011 at 2:48 pm

First picture top left. It’s professional looking yet cute and casual.
Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy recently posted..Melting Pot!

42 Laure Renee January 25, 2011 at 2:54 pm

the first outfit is adorable and classy

43 sarah (sarah learns) January 25, 2011 at 2:55 pm

i vote for the long sleeved pink-ish top! and when i feel myself talking too fast in presentations, i stop to take a drink of water – not sure if that’s an option for you today or not!
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..momo’s

44 Laurie January 25, 2011 at 3:02 pm

The first one!

45 Mari January 25, 2011 at 3:03 pm

What about your Chicago marathon shirt?

46 Sarah for Real January 25, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I like the light blue tee. I agree that the color of the coral shirt is night, but the high neck line looks a little strangling. The little scoop on the blue tee is more flattering and elongates your neck.

47 Michelle January 25, 2011 at 3:05 pm

What’s wrong with a little self promotion? I would probably wear what’s more comfortable and bring a backup just in case! Good luck and have fun!
Michelle recently posted..Books I Hate

48 Bess January 25, 2011 at 3:06 pm

You will be great! Break a leg! (In the performing sense…not literally, of course!)

49 Shanna, like Banana January 25, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Top left!

Good luck =)
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Shoes-Day!

50 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) January 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm

LOVE the orange!!! Bold and adorable πŸ™‚
Sara
Sara (Miles and Manhattan) recently posted..GYM Pet Peeves…

51 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm

My vote is for the orange shirt!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Bloggers and a buffet

52 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather January 25, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I really like the long sleeve pink-orange shirt. I hope it goes well today! You have much more experience in that than me… Just be yourself would be my advice πŸ™‚

53 Hangrypants January 25, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Practice jumping for bounce impact in each shirt. Good luck!

54 Lauren @Hungry Dancer January 25, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Good luck on filming!! The best advice I can give on being in front of the camera, is just talk like you are talking to a friend!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..Swing!

55 Little Bookworm January 25, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Good luck with the filming!
Little Bookworm recently posted..Chocolate Almond Mousse

56 Kara January 25, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Jumping on a trampoline on film? My recommendation is for a strong sports bra πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..The stroller of my dreams

57 KitKat @ Pursuit of Happiness January 25, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Since it’s for a fitness related show/you’re going to be jumping around on a trampoline I would definitely go with one of the bottom two choices (the pinky orange or the short-sleeved blue). I would say for filming purposes, no patterns or graphics! I say go with the pinky-orange. Good luck! πŸ™‚
KitKat @ Pursuit of Happiness recently posted..In a funk

58 wendy sue January 25, 2011 at 4:03 pm

the coral long sleeve shirt!
wendy sue recently posted..Trim Tuesday- the friend edition

59 Olivia January 25, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Hey, I absolutely love your blog! I’ve been a silent reader for a long time now and just started my own healthy living blog!! I’d love if you wanted to come by and check it out, and hopefully follow me in my journey to connect more with the blogging world! (PS I like the coral shirt-color trumps all!)

60 Marg January 25, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Short sleeve blue is more flattering in the color. I think the salmon is giving you a pink tone, kinda like what yellows do. I do like the cardigan one, but if you’re jumping maybe not!

61 Jamie @ CherryOrchid January 25, 2011 at 4:15 pm

I love the pink top, it looks great on you! Anytime I have to film something I just pretend I’m making a video for my Mom, it reduces the nerves and fast talking. Good Luck, I’m sure you’ll do great!

62 Courtney January 25, 2011 at 4:23 pm

The orange/pink shirt – very cute.

63 Heather @ Side of Sneakers January 25, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Exciting!!!! I like the 1st outfit- it looks put together, but still appropriate for jumping around. πŸ™‚ I like the peach shirt too….and of course I’m partial to the North Face shirt πŸ˜‰
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..Running for Health

64 Heather January 25, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I like the first one…white tank with cardigan. Very cute!

65 Ashley January 25, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I highly recommend the long sleeve orange top with a tank under it in case you get to hot jumping on the trampoline. Are you testing out Urban Rebounding? πŸ™‚ Thats the name of the trampoline class I take in NYC!

66 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 25, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Good luck filming! You will be great πŸ˜‰

67 Stephanie January 25, 2011 at 4:42 pm

The long sleeved peach/pink shirt is my fave!
Stephanie recently posted..Perfectly Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

68 Mary (how to not be...) January 25, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I don’t think self promoting is a bad idea at all! I mean it’s a cute shirt and why not?
Mary (how to not be…) recently posted..Elaine

69 Kacy January 25, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I don’t really see anything wrong with wearing the meals and miles shirt. It’s cute!
Kacy recently posted..Soup

70 Christin@purplebirdblog January 25, 2011 at 4:57 pm

If you’re jumping on a trampoline, definitely make sure you have those ta-tas strapped down, lol!! πŸ˜€
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Excitement Comes in 3s!

71 Katherine: Unemployed January 25, 2011 at 4:58 pm

great poses; the last one is the best
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Miley Cyrus

72 Mitchell January 25, 2011 at 5:04 pm
73 Meghann January 26, 2011 at 6:57 am

Mitch – did you know Daniel Tosh is from Titusville?

74 Mitchell January 26, 2011 at 7:00 am

Yeah I saw he went to Astronaut High, Carrot Top went to Cocoa High also. I think Astronaut wins that fight.

75 Eliz@The Sweet Life January 25, 2011 at 5:09 pm

oh fun–you look so, so cute! good luck.
Eliz@The Sweet Life recently posted..Oatmeal Wheat Bread and Life Lessons

76 LauraJayne January 25, 2011 at 5:46 pm

I have no doubt you are going to do amazing! And I liked the first shirt/jacked outfit combo – I think you looked super cute!

Good luck!
LauraJayne recently posted..Sugar Detox Day 2- Re-Try and Bikram Yoga Favs

77 Alaina January 25, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I definitely like the orange one too!

I’m in the same boat when it comes to public speaking. I always need water and chapstick because my lips and mouth get so dry. I also tend to fiddle with my hands and hair. I still haven’t overcome it so I probably don’t have any advice. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..It’s a Hard Rock Life

78 katie January 25, 2011 at 7:14 pm

the orange top POPS on you and it looks so pretty on you!!

GOOD LUCK GIRL!!!!!

I talk too fast too when Im nervous : p
katie recently posted..Date Night and Target happiness

79 Anne P January 25, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I like the orange shirt! It will stand out nicely πŸ™‚
Anne P recently posted..Easy &amp Healthy Two Ingredient Lentil Soup

80 Kristin @ FoodFash January 25, 2011 at 7:45 pm

The coral, for sure!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Eggs Betterdict

81 Allison @ OneWhiteTulip January 25, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I figure it is too late for the fashion help, but I really hope it went well! Any chance us non-floridians will be able to see your segment online? =D
Allison @ OneWhiteTulip recently posted..On why the weather is a selfish jerk

82 Meghann January 26, 2011 at 6:56 am

Yes, everyone will be able to see it once it airs πŸ™‚

83 Ashley January 25, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Its probably too late but I like the white shirt with the gray on top of it. You’ll rock it no matter what though, good luck!

84 Sana January 25, 2011 at 11:53 pm

I am sure you looked amazing in whatever you decided to wear!
Sana recently posted..Tuna Kabobs

85 Halley (Blunder Construction) January 27, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Holy closet!!! Is that all yours?!?
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Planning for Sustenance