more ยป" />

When Two Apartments Become One

by Meghann on January 24, 2011

Lunch today was a throwback to a summer favorite: Nut Covered Parsnip & Carrot Fries.

If you’re new to this blog I would suggest you check out this step-by-step post on how to re-create these delicious fries that were originally inspired by Oh She Glows.

Hint: They’re best served when covered in BBQ sauce. ;)

Also, a simple Cheese, Hummus & Spinach sandwich is round the meal out. :)

Welcome to Derek’s Condo:

IMG_5662.JPGIMG_5665.JPGIMG_5672.JPGIMG_5715.JPGIMG_5716.JPGIMG_5720.jpgIMG_5678.JPGIMG_5693.JPGIMG_5681.JPG IMG_5684.jpgIMG_5689.JPGIMG_5685.jpgIMG_5698.jpgIMG_5695.JPGIMG_5704.JPG

• Size: 1150 sq ft
  • Bedrooms: 2
  • Bathrooms 2
  • Population: 1

Welcome to My Apartment:

IMG_5789.JPGIMG_5815.JPGIMG_5817.JPGIMG_5795.JPGIMG_5797.JPGIMG_5803.jpgIMG_5821.jpgIMG_5823.jpgIMG_5826.jpg IMG_5829.JPGIMG_5836.JPGIMG_5840.JPG

• Size: 700 Sq. Ft
  • Bedrooms: 1
  • Bathrooms: 1
  • Population: 1.5

Our Mission: To combine two very distinct households into one cohesive home

What We Need: Help! Derek and I are both about as clueless as it comes to decorating, DIY projects, interior design, etc. We want the place we co-inhabitate to be a welcoming home – a real ‘grown up’ place if you will. As you can tell from the photos above – we’ve got our work cut out for us!

I have a lot of ideas I would love to blog about (as a fun way to document my learning process and receive feedback). So I’m debating starting a new series on this blog or creating a whole new blog to document the process.

What are your thoughts? Start a new blog to keep the home stuff separate? Or keeping the series on Meals and Miles?

1 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. January 24, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Keep the series here! :)

2 Julie @SavvyEats January 24, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Keep the series here. I love reading that kind of post!

3 Claire January 24, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I think you should keep it in this same blog, just have a separate category! Coming from a girl with 2 blogs, it’s a lot harder to manage! But this will be an exciting adventure, and it may seem like a lot of work, but it’ll definitely be fun to learn and grow! You’ll find a happy medium in no time!

4 Kelly January 24, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Keep it on Meals and Miles, just maybe start a new tab to keep it under.

5 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer January 24, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I would read it either way…but I say make a series on this blog!

6 JessicE January 24, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Especially with you being self employed, i think that making this a new addition to an already great blog would be for the best. MANY of your readers are at an age where they are going to be living on their own/or already do and would love some advice as well :)

7 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 24, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I think you should keep it here, as long as you keep also featuring pictures of gorgeous breakfasts and tasty lunches! :)

8 Erin January 24, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I would keep the home stuff separate or have a different page on your blog about the home stuff (much like your race recaps or other bloggers wedding tabs, etc…) I feel that it would go against what Meals and Miles is about if it becomes a Home Depot of posts. Just a thought though!

9 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 24, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I would keep it on your original blogs. I often find that when people create more than one blog, they stretch themselves too thin and one eventually goes by the wayside. This blog is about YOU, so you might as well include your whole self!

10 Heather Whaling January 24, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Meghann,

Have you checked out Young House Love (http://www.younghouselove.com/)? It’s my favorite DIY home decor site. I bet you can find a lot of ideas on there, plus see how they approach their blog. It’s really fantastic! :)

Heather
@prTini

11 Reenie January 24, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Heather….I was just going to suggest Young House Love blog…..it’s the first DIY blog that I happened upon. So many great ideas and they know how to keep the price reasonable. VERY GOOD BLOG!!

Meghann ~ Derek’s condo def needs some color on the walls ~ and a woman’s touch here and there. =)

I would keep your blog all together in one ~ but have a separate button/tab that we can click on to read about your updates.

12 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] January 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Keep it all here! :)

13 Hope January 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I think you should definitely keep it on here. It would be easier to read if it was on your same site. Maybe make another page specifically for the home stuff. I can’t wait to read about it. It’s so exciting moving in together! My boyfriend and I moved in together a little over a year ago. We didn’t have any furniture. We were coming from living with our parents. So we had to get everything! We still don’t have a lot of the kitchen things that we need. It’s a process but it’s fun :)

14 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston January 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Definitely just keep it here!

15 Liz January 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Keep it on Meals and Miles – it may be selfish, but I don’t want to have to run to another blog :)

16 Carly (Swim, Run, Om) January 24, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I agree with everyone else. Keep it here, please! :-)

And … is that linoleum in Derek’s bedroom?!?

17 G January 24, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Agree with all of the comments above! :)

18 Ashley January 24, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I think you should keep the series on Meals and Miles! The moving process/decorating are a part of your life. I think it’ll be fun to see it here on M&M! :)

19 Michelle January 24, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Keep it on this blog!

20 Megan @ AVeryMegGirl January 24, 2011 at 1:45 pm

awww you guys both have such cute apartments.. My ideas would be start with one room at a time… If you try and do everything at once you will be overwelemed.. It is good that you have time as you can pick up stuff while you are out and incorporate it later on..

Do you have The Christmas Tree Shop in FL?? It is the most amazing household store and is really responable.. I re-did my room for under 300 dollars with a little help from there!!

As far as decorating like an adult keep things simple and not clutered.. Also neutral colors are great with a pop color.. For example for make my aparment more adult I got a black leather couch and kept things to black and tan and then got red throw pillows and a picture that was black and white from ikea with a red bike for behind the couch.. Atfer I had those basics I was able to pick up stuff as I went alone..

Hope this helps :-)

21 Jess (Daly Authenticity) January 24, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Oh definitely keep everything here! It is a part of who you are becoming! When my hubby and I bought a house, I was coming from living with my parents, and him from college, and we had to buy EVERYTHING. Decorating can be confusing, but I took lots of inspiration from magazines and websites, and created my own special home :) Can’t wait to follow along!

22 Claire January 24, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Keep it here! I can’t wait to read about the process!

23 megan @ whatmegansmaking January 24, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Definitely keep it here :)

24 Marina January 24, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Keep it here :)
Can’t wait to hear more about your decorating adventures!

25 Colleen January 24, 2011 at 1:49 pm

keep it here! I would start on determining your theme. What colors you both of you like or can live with? Do you like solids, patterns, florals, etc? Do you like dark wood, metal, light wood, etc. Once you have your theme, pick the most important room (should be the bedroom in my opinion) and start there.

26 Monica January 24, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Keep it on here! I love reading about decorating! I agree with Megan that you should start with 1 room at a time. I bought a condo a year ago and its a “blank slate” if you will. I tend to get overwhelmed at times becuase I want to do everything all at once. The MB was the biggest (and most improved) room for me. Now I feel like its a grown up room! Decorating is fun, pretty soon, you will not want to buy things for yourself, just your home! (this coming from a girl who has too many shoes to count!)

27 Sara (Miles & Manhattan) January 24, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Series, definitely! It will permeate your entire life :) Ah I have so many suggestions…. I think you should sketch each room (literally an outline) and have it start as empty. Then you should draw in pieces of furniture you’re thinking of keeping (to scale, literally) and where you anticipate placing the “big” things. Work room by room. I’m so jealous!! and 2 bedrooms!?? Not until I have kids, thank you very much NYC… :(

SARA

28 Jena January 24, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I agree with keeping it here. I made a separate blog when we were building our house and it was hard to keep up with both. I’m still trying to decorate our house. Ah!

29 Maddie January 24, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Keep the series here! It’s good to have life organized and all in one place! I would love to have a blank slate of sorts to work with. As a renter I’m limited to what I can do, but I still love reading home-improvement blogs! younghouselove.com is an absolute must! :)

30 Mary (how to not be...) January 24, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Keep it all on here! I’d love to follow along. Perhaps my only decorating advice is to switch out his shower curtain for yours… haha.

31 Sara January 24, 2011 at 1:57 pm

It’s your blog; write about whatever you want!

32 Laurie January 24, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Please keep it here! I love your blog, just something else you can add to it! I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with! I wish I could you advise, but I’m not much of a decorator either. Good luck!

33 Susan @ Mom Swim Bike Run January 24, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Keep it on meals and miles. Those of us that read enjoy seeing your personal life too! At least I do!

34 Kara January 24, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Man, his place sure looks like a guy lives there!

Keep the series here!

35 Su January 24, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Keep it here :)

36 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 24, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I’ll read it no matter what! I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

37 Josephine @ Creating a Positive Life January 24, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I vote keep it within your same blog.

Ugh men and their funky-ness!

38 megan @ blackberries for jam January 24, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Looks like you have a major task ahead of you. No offense to Derek, but his apartment screams bachelor pad! I say keep it on the blog in a separate category.

39 Raya @ RayaRuns January 24, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I vote for a series on Meals and Miles!! B/c once you’re done, what would you do with the other blog? You definitely have your work cut out for you and I just LOVE your apartment-I think it’s so cute and homey!!

40 Kim @ Imperfectly Perfect January 24, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I agree with the majority on this one. Maybe just create a new tab to keep this new adventure/learning process together.

So exciting! I’m moving in with my boyfriend by the end of March. I keep looking at the closet space at his place and I’m wondering how it’s all going to work….Good luck! I’m interested to see what you do. :)

41 Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow January 24, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I agree with the many- keep this series here but instead create a separate page to house everything. :)

42 Dorry January 24, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Keep it here! I’d love to see the progression. My husband and I got married last September and we’re still trying to get things organized and settled. I’m interested in reading tips from your readers.

43 Chrissy (The New Me) January 24, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Keep it here! Having another topic on your blog will only make you a little more diverse and could expand your readership. Plus, I am a firm believer that your living space has a huge impact on the quality of your life and health. One suggestion I have (especially when combining two households in a small space) is the book “Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui.” It will totally change the way you look at your stuff! (And your colon. The author leaves no stone unturned!)

44 allie January 24, 2011 at 2:22 pm

i’m still laughing about his bathroom!!

45 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life January 24, 2011 at 2:23 pm

His place looks like such a “man’s pad”! I’m sure you’ll do a great job of combining your styles–what a fun project!!

46 Tracy January 24, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Keep it here:) And when shopping for artwork for the walls, I would definitely check out World Market (if there is one near you). My husband and I bought so much fun and unique items there to decorate our house.

47 Amber from Girl with the Red Hair January 24, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Definitely keep it on the same blog! I love it when food/fitness bloggers blog about stuff OTHER than just food/fitness sometimes :)

My boyfriend and I are in the process of buying a townhouse right now and we have a very small apartment so we’re going to need some furniture upgrades for sure. I’m excited to see how you and Derek do it!

48 Sarah January 24, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Keep the series here! This is just another step in your journey ;)

49 Jessica @ Domesticated-Bliss January 24, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Keep it here! My advice? Paint does wonders to bring new life to a space. Picture frame groupings are awesome & since you’re both runners you could recreate your medal wall and make it for both of you. Home Goods is your friend! Find one and visit often – they’re owned by TJ Maxx and have really awesome stuff from bedding to pillows to frames to furniture to kitchen supplies.

50 'laina January 24, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Keep it on the same blog, I don’t want to miss a thing. :D

51 Laura @ Backstage Pass January 24, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Start a new blog for this! :-) You can generate separate traffic that way, and link back and forth as you please. Plus it will be double the fun for all of us readers.

52 Katy @ MonsterProof January 24, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I’d agree with everyone else! Here, but separate tab. When we combined, we ended up with one bedroom and the living space looking great…and a bedroom that was STUFFED wall to wall with everything else that didn’t fit. Hope you do better than us!

53 jen @ taste life January 24, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Keep it here! I read this blog to read about your life, not just your meals!

54 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 24, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Keep the same blog, but include a “Decorating” category.

55 April January 24, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I repeat the “keep it here” mentality since I can’t wait to see what happens.

The first thing I thought when I saw the pictures was rugs! Rugs can really help tie together a room so even if you were to keep all the furniture, you could find a cohesive thread of style with a rug and accessories. The new sofa idea was a good idea though! These websites give you the ability to create mood boards: polyvore.com, http://us.mydeco.com and there is another one like polyvore but strictly home things that I cannot remember right now!

Another option could be to get some magazines, have both of you cut out things you like and then compare. Maybe you can come up with some visuals to see what you are aiming for when you are shopping.

56 em January 24, 2011 at 2:46 pm

leave it here! one of the reasons i like your blog is because it covers a whole life :)

57 Mimi January 24, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I’m just as clueless (and in need of help) as you! Please pass any information along!

I especially notice there’s a lot of work to do in his place! (;

58 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 24, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I’d love to read about it right here on meals n miles! Redecorating is my favorite…we’re moving offices at work and I’m giddy with excitement!

59 Lauren January 24, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I say keep it here! Otherwise your blog will only last 6 months while you redecorate – not worth it!

Looks like you guys need some color! Does Derek own it? I moved into our first home with my husband, and while he doesn’t have a style, he luckily always ends up liking what I pick out in the end! I let him keep his sports/movie junk on display in the office and always tell him that if he finishes the basement then he can make that a movie room/den. :)

60 Sherry S. January 24, 2011 at 2:50 pm

In the words of Robert Frost….. And Miles to go before I sleep. I say you keep the redecorating in this blog. You find that when redecorating and renovating you will have “miles to go” and little sleep during the process. It takes a lot of work and “vision” as I call it. But you will find your vision and traverse your miles and when it is said and done the accomplishment will be like finishing a marathon. You have my word on this. I just finished my bedroom today and my bathroom will be finished in 3 weeks. But oh how I love the bedroom and I have been waiting a long time to do it just right:) Good Luck.

61 KitKat @ Pursuit of Happiness January 24, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Keep it here! I think the whole process is going to tie into your daily life in many ways (more than you can even imagine now!) . It’ll make sense to keep it all in one place (and it’s probably easier on you and us readers!)

Truthfully, I think it would be fun to tie into your daily postings. Maybe just keep it organized within a section of each post or limit it to one post a day. For example, you’re probably going to have to work your meals and miles around painting, decorating, furniture shopping — let us know how you do it all! (I bet a lot of people can relate and some can even offer advice too.)

Very exciting! :)

62 Dori January 24, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Please keep it here. I am very curious to hear about this process, but with so little time in the day I don’t think I can keep up with another blog. If you integrate it, I’m already here anyway!

63 Ashley January 24, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Keep it on meals and miles! This blog is about your life after all and I assume you’ll be eating and running while decorating :). I’d love to read it as a series! Good luck!

64 Kelsey January 24, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I would like to see it kept on Meals and Miles as well!!

65 Danielle January 24, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I love DIY/design stuff, so I would love to see it on this blog. You guys definitely need some color in the condo, especially if you’re allowed to paint.

One thing I recommend for a bathroom is to find a beautiful shower curtain that you both like and start from there. It will let you decide the types of colors and patterns you’re interested in. From there you can add towels, rugs, pictures, and fun bathroom accessories. I mentioned the bathroom first, because it can be relatively inexpensive to “fab” up if you go to places like Marshall’s.
If you guys did a beautiful neutral comforter in the bedroom such as cream, eggshell, or gray, it would provide a lot of room to use accent colors that you both like.
Example: Chocolate brown comforter. Any shades of blue and green will really complement the brown. Gray comforters look stunning with pale blues.
Just some thoughts for you! Good luck! I’m moving 8 hours away in the next few months….

Danielle @ http://www.ERTraumaMama.blogspot.com

66 wendy sue January 24, 2011 at 3:02 pm

keep it here!

I agree with other posters, Derek’s place needs some color on the walls!
If either of you have any art work you really like, use that as a starting point for colors for living room or bedrooms.

67 Sarah for Real January 24, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Keep the series here unless you plan on becoming the next Young House Love. I think you’ve really got to be amazing at the decor stuff to keep a whole other blog going.

ps Does Derek’s place only have that one window?

68 Kiran January 24, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Keep it here with a separate subdomain (http://mealsandmiles.com/diyprojects)? Just an idea :)

69 Ashley January 24, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Hi Meg,

If you keep it on this blog, definitely develop a new category. I have worked for a nationally recognized architect here in Florida for several years while finishing out my business degree and would love to help you with advice and insights along the way! My boyfriend and I moved in together this past August so I know just what you’re going through… ;)

70 Kendel @ Eating Abroad January 24, 2011 at 3:09 pm

This is one of the biggest and most important miles yet… keep it here where it belongs.

71 Allison January 24, 2011 at 3:10 pm

KEEP IT HERE! I need all the help I can get, too!

72 Nicole January 24, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Keep the series here for sure. :)
I’m decoratively challenged too so I’ll be watching for ideas for our house!

73 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life January 24, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Keep it on the blog!

74 Ellie @ The Mommyist January 24, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Keep it here. Do one room at a time. Focus on the big things in the room first. For instance, get a new couch, new coffee table new chair etc but don’t feel like to need to finish the room before moving on to the next. It can take a long time to find the right art and accessories for a room. If you feel like you must completely finish one room before moving on to another you’ll probably buy things you don’t really love.

75 RhodeyGirl January 24, 2011 at 3:28 pm

All you need are a few touches.. buy an inexpensive slip cover for his couches AND yours and turn the shape from an L into a U. Pain or re-wallpaper the bathroom. Buy a few pretty rugs and plants and other small touches and you’re done!

When it actually comes time to moving things and figuring out where things go- just bring it all down and re-evaluate. Sell what doesn’t work on craigslist and don’t look back ever. We had a tough time combining our stuff at first but we just got rid of a lot and used that money for accents here or there.

Also, a coat of paint (on walls, furniture etc) can go a long way!

Let me know how I can help- I love re-decorating.

76 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 24, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I would love to see some home stuff on here – I’d say ditch all of the “bachelor pad” type furniture! :)

77 Jen January 24, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Keep it here :)

78 Holly January 24, 2011 at 3:38 pm

keep it 1 blog, but have a separate “page/tab” for all the home posts- it would be like having the best of both worlds- one blog to manage, but separate spaces for each topic.

as for decorating, i have TONS of ideas for y’all (seriously, if i hadn’t been so sick of school i would have changed my major to interior decorating/design)–i’ll email you some of them so as not to write a novel in a comment. :)

79 Rachael January 24, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I think keeping the series on this site would add even more variety to your posts, and as someone who can’t help but look into other folks’ windows on evening strolls, I’m always happy to see glimpses of homes outside of my own!

80 Ida January 24, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Keep it here. Meals and Miles is about your life, not just food and runs.

81 Jes (@Self Motivation) January 24, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I like the idea of a new series on your current blog. No matter what you decide, I look forward to reading about it!

82 Katie @ cooklaughmove January 24, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Keep it here! I like your shower curtain, I think I have the same one and we both have similar towels!

83 Emma January 24, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Keep it here!

84 Gill (snaxandthecity) January 24, 2011 at 3:50 pm

keep it here! i think it would be interesting, especially as many of your readers probably have recently done this or are about to!

85 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 24, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I say keep it here!!!! :) Hopefully that would help you with admin time too ;)

86 Fancy January 24, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Absolutely keep it on this blog! I am so looking forward to reading all about it…my husband and I bought our first house together (we got married last spring and didn’t live together first) and it has been quite a journey to “merge” our tastes into one home and truly make it “ours”. We have managed to do a good job, I’m so excited to see how you guys work through all of it as well :)

87 Christin@purplebirdblog January 24, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Keep it here! It’ll spice up the variety of the posts!! :D

88 Sarah January 24, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Keep it here :)

89 Ash bear January 24, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I can’t wait to watch and help the process!! Please keep on this site:)

90 Kacy January 24, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I would say keep it here. I’ll read no matter what :)

91 pinkflipflops January 24, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I would suggest keeping it on this site. I also suggest when going through your mutual things you keep the newer stuff and utilize local craigslists/freecycle to get rid of your slightly older stuff. And nothing is more annoying than having stuff pile up and just sit until ‘the next move.’ Much easier to just buy new/more again.

92 Kelly January 24, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Keep it together! When we get heavy into decorating our new house, I’m keeping mine together because ultimately, I want my blog to be about my life. Good luck with this process. I went through this about a year and a half ago. Luckily, I was in the picture when my boyfriend (now husband) bought his condo so I helped decorate everything. I ended up putting all of my furniture in storage (i.e. a friend’s house), when I moved in.

93 Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com January 24, 2011 at 5:01 pm

one blog. simplify your life! :) find a picture of what you like and copy it…that’s what i always do. start w/ something you LOVE in each room and go from there…either a wall color, a rug or a painting and then branch off of that! good luck! I always post pics of my house on my fitness blog and people seem to love it!!! good luck!! congrats on your next step together!

94 Heather January 24, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I would suggest PAINT! It’s the cheapest and quickest way to make a huge impact.

95 Dynamics January 24, 2011 at 5:19 pm

You have to watch the tv series “Merge” with Lisa Rinna. Usually newlyweds merging two households. http://www.tv.com/merge/show/17450/episode.html?q=merge&tag=ep_guide;paginator;All&season=All
I hope you can google and see an episode but that link should start you off. If you can, it will help you tremendously in merging your stuff. Some of the things they do are totally awesome.

96 kirsten January 24, 2011 at 5:46 pm

keep it here! :) I’m looking forward to it!! Me and my husband just moved into a much nicer apartment and I want it to look very adult also so I am interested to see how yours and derek’s place comes along. I’m sure you guys will do a great job!

97 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 24, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Keep the series here! Keep it easy for yourself. ;) I’m really excited to see how the move is going to go! :D

98 Heather January 24, 2011 at 6:06 pm

wow you def have work cut out for you. His 2 bed apt is the size of my old one bedroom! I think you both are going to have to do a LOT of purging of the unnecessary stuff for sure!

99 Allie January 24, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I vote to keep the series on your blog… it is a part of your life and your blog shows your life ! Lunch looked delicious mmm I love cheese and fries with bbq sauce are the best!

100 Ali @ Ali Runs January 24, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Definitely keep the series here! I think it would be a really fun edition! :)

101 CampingGirl January 24, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I think that you should keep the series here… it is part of your life.
When my husband and I combined houses we donated a lot of stuff to local immigration centres, women’s shelters etc.

102 Cassidy @ takingmyplace January 24, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I think you should keep it here; it’s fun to see other aspects of your life! Also, you could include Derek in the posting for the new segment… it’s always fun to hear from the blogger’s men!

103 Lauren January 24, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Welcome to cohabitation! It’s a wonderful adventure. I can’t wait to hear your ideas.

104 Whitney January 24, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Keep the series on meals and miles! I enjoy reading about other parts of bloggers lives…not just running and eats!

105 Lindsay January 24, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Please keep it HERE! I am looking to get my own place and I would love home decorating tips aswell!

Hope you keep it to one blog! :)

106 KristineFitness January 24, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Keep it all here :)

And I want your parsnip fries!

107 Kaitlin January 24, 2011 at 9:51 pm

It’s going to be SO FUN to watch you guys transform Derek’s place! Definitely look to YHL for advice!

And I echo the readers that say a new tab is a great way to integrate your current blog with the new material :)

108 Brittany (Eating Bird Food) January 24, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Keep the series here!

109 sarah (sarah learns) January 24, 2011 at 10:38 pm

keep the series here! my fiance and i are moving in together in april, too! i would love some advice on how you plan to combine your households and still keep the peace! :)

110 Pam January 24, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I tried making nut butter parsnip fries tonight after reading about your meal on my lunch hour – first time trying parsnips! The fries were delicious! I had mine with tofu (with bbq sauce) and asparagus.

Looking forward to hearing about/seeing you and Derek redesigning the place!

111 Mary January 24, 2011 at 11:46 pm

I remember when DH (then BF) and I moved in together. It was interesting trying to merge two decorating styles, two ways of doing things and weeding out duplicates! I hope you keep the updates on Meals and Miles…I hate trying to jump between multiple blogs!

112 kristin January 25, 2011 at 10:29 am