Easy Nacho Dinner

by Meghann on January 24, 2011

So, the consensus is to keep Project Redesign on Meals and Miles. That’s ok with me. I’ll probably keep the post separate from food and only post once or twice a week on the topic. I’ve already got several ideas and am very excited about the possibilities. πŸ™‚

Now, I just need a name for this series. Project Redesign seems to generic. Thoughts?

This afternoon I realized just how small of a world it is when I met a new friend for tea at Whole Foods. We knew we had mutual friends from FSU, but were really surprised when we realized we had connections from people I went to high school with as well. In fact, in a weird way we were each connect to an old high school boyfriend of mine. Seriously, small world.

I had a Jasmine Green Honest Tea, but was so caught up in the conversation that I forgot to take a photo. πŸ™‚

Dinner tonight was one of my favorite lazy concoctions: Nachos.

Nom Nom

It’s easy.

Start with Blue Corn Chips

Cover with Beans, Cheese, Onion, and Broccoli

Bake for 5 minutes at 425.

Serve with Plain Yogurt, Avocado, and Salsa

This meal is a favorite of Derek’s and one he requests every time there’s a football game on. He’s easy to please. πŸ™‚

Warning: Impulse Buy Ahead

Edy’s Take The Cake Slow Churn Ice Cream was eyeing me down at Publix today. I usually have a rule not to buy Ice Cream when It’s not on sale, but it. looked. so . good. πŸ™‚

And, oh boy, it was! Loved the sprinkles and loved the icing. Seriously, loved. loved. loved it. πŸ™‚

Know what else I love? GOSSIP GIRL IS NEW TONIGHT!!! Ahhhhhh……

Good Night!

1 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 24, 2011 at 10:02 pm

That’s one of my all-time favorite Edy’s flavors! I can’t find it lately though — I thought they stopped making it!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Carrot Cake &amp Spiced Honey Cream Cheese Icing

2 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 24, 2011 at 10:02 pm

My impulse buy is always Ben and Jerry’s. Except it’s not really an impulse when you track a special trip to Walgreen’s to buy it because it’s 2 for $5, is it? Hmmmm
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Edamame Quinoa Salad

3 Sana January 24, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Oh that ice cream looks sooo good! I would totally eat some, excet it’s so cold outside!
Sana recently posted..Family Funday

4 ms January 24, 2011 at 10:06 pm

ooooh i love that flavor….i just bought haagen dazs green tea which is super good too =)

5 Sara (Miles & Manhattan) January 24, 2011 at 10:06 pm

uhmmm might be eating nachos for dinner tomorrow night. underrated brilliant-ness right there πŸ™‚

as for a project redesign name…

“operation overhaul” πŸ™‚ seems more like an overhaul than a redesign?!

sara
Sara (Miles & Manhattan) recently posted..GYM Pet Peeves…

6 Courtney @ the granola chronicles January 24, 2011 at 10:08 pm

I could totally go for some Mexican food right now, but Indian leftovers are calling my name!

7 Kaitlin January 24, 2011 at 10:09 pm

YUM. I love that you take generally unhealthy foods (like nachos) and make them flavorful and delicious! Plus I’m totally jealous of your dessert πŸ™‚
Kaitlin recently posted..Extreme Snow Running

8 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons January 24, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I had nachos for lunch yesterday! <3 its one of my favorite go-to meals. =)
Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Zucchini Cheese Fries

9 Allison @ OneWhiteTulip January 24, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I <3 Gossip Girl! =D So glad other people are still watching it, haha. My friend and I are trying to decide how we feel about the new weird Blair/Dan dynamic…
Allison @ OneWhiteTulip recently posted..On why the weather is a selfish jerk

10 Alyssa January 24, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Can’t wait to see the redesign progress!

What about something like “Operation Overhaul” ?

11 Meredith January 24, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Operation Cohabitation!
Meredith recently posted..What’s pink and white and gray all over

12 Kristy @ KristyRuns January 24, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Why don’t I ever make nachos for dinner? Easy and healthy. Done and done. πŸ™‚ Thanks for the inspiration!
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..A Bad Day

13 Ashley January 24, 2011 at 11:24 pm

yhe nachos look delish! and its so fast! ill have to give it a try sometime.

14 Terrieha January 24, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Apparently I am in the minority, but that Take the Cake is disgustingly sweet….bought it once, tried to eat it, but the hubs and I neither one could stomach to eat it, so it sat in the freezer till it was freezer burnt and i finally thre it away…if only there would have been a way to ship it to Florida to you!! πŸ™‚

15 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 24, 2011 at 11:49 pm

I LOVE that ice cream! I refuse to buy ice cream unless it’s on sale too. I can get it for 2.50 sometimes- it’s normally 5 or 6 bucks otherwise. Offensively expensive!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Getting Organized- Part Deux

16 stevie January 24, 2011 at 11:57 pm

“Yours, Mine, and Ours!” πŸ™‚

17 Victoria H January 24, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Love the idea for Nachos. So easy!

How about “Combining and Designing” for your series?
Victoria H recently posted..M-M-M-Muesli

18 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge January 24, 2011 at 11:58 pm

I haven’t had ice cream in so long! That dish is making my mouth water. And so are those nachos. Nom nom nom πŸ™‚
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..It’s a Hard Rock Life

19 Kiran January 25, 2011 at 12:00 am

How does Home Redesign sounds? πŸ™‚
Kiran recently posted..Home-made Pumpkin Spiced Chai

20 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 25, 2011 at 12:20 am

That ice cream looks too good to be true! πŸ˜€

21 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher January 25, 2011 at 12:46 am

I WANTTTTT…icecream now!! And Mexican? Boy, have I been craving that lately.
Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher recently posted..the fishmongers daughter

22 Christin@purplebirdblog January 25, 2011 at 1:36 am

When I was still eating dairy I had the Ben & Jerry’s yellow cake batter ice cream with chocolate icing swirl… so. ridiculously. GOOD! πŸ™‚
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Brown Rice Farina

23 Mish (Pursuit of Happiness) January 25, 2011 at 3:08 am

Meals and Miles does Moves and Makeovers? Or just Moves and Makeovers for short? πŸ™‚
Mish (Pursuit of Happiness) recently posted..Think outside the CUBEicle

24 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 25, 2011 at 6:35 am

Looks Scrumptious πŸ™‚

25 Lauren January 25, 2011 at 6:48 am

That ice cream is like crack! I can’t help myself either with that stuff.
Lauren recently posted..Early Sunday Ramblings

26 katie January 25, 2011 at 7:15 am

A nacho plate dinner is so good, only problem is I can never stop eating the nachos, they are so addicting!

Love that icecream flavor! I saw the edys girl scout samoas the other day and almost bought it, it wasnt on sale, so that saved me from doing it ; ) lol
katie recently posted..Date Night and Target happiness

27 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 25, 2011 at 7:22 am

Those nachos look great! I haven’t had nachos in forever.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..scholarly pup

28 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations January 25, 2011 at 7:41 am

I love those nachos. It’s really exciting how easy it is to throw something so good together so quickly.

29 Alyssa January 25, 2011 at 7:55 am

My husband and I bought that on our honeymoon and basically destroyed the carton in like two days and have had it banned from our household ever since….once time we thought we could handle lifting the ban and it ended badly.
Alyssa recently posted..The curse has been lifted

30 Jo @ Jo's Diet Journey January 25, 2011 at 8:00 am

Nachos look great! Ca you tell the difference in using the plain yogurt vs. sour cream? I am not a big sour cream fan (guac all the way!), but i tried this substitute once and wasnt a fan. Did it take you a few tries to get used to it?
Jo @ Jo’s Diet Journey recently posted..Recipes- Week 2

31 Hope January 25, 2011 at 8:16 am

Those nachos look so good! I am a huge Mexican food fan so these look like something I would really like! I love Edy’s Take the Cake! That ice cream is so yummy! I like any cake flavored ice cream. Mmm! The best part is when there are pieces of cake in the cream cream! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..4 Degrees &amp Spinach- Tomato &amp Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken…

32 Hope January 25, 2011 at 8:16 am

Oops! I meant in the ice cream not the cream cream. Haha! πŸ™‚

33 Allie January 25, 2011 at 8:18 am

Nachos and cake ice cream sounds so yummy πŸ™‚ Derek has good taste! (In women & food!)
Allie recently posted..Guess What!

34 Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa January 25, 2011 at 8:22 am

A guy that likes broccoli on his nachos?? Clearly a keeper.

Can’t wait to see how you guys redesign the condo…what a fun project!
Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa recently posted..something to look forward to

35 Lauren @ Running Examiner January 25, 2011 at 8:59 am

I LOVE Take the Cake ice cream! I hardly ever find it here, which is disappointing.
Lauren @ Running Examiner recently posted..Run in the New Year

36 Mimi January 25, 2011 at 9:20 am

Derek : Football :: Meghann : Gossip Girl.

P.S. Don’t you love those “it’s a small world” moments?
Mimi recently posted..Style status report

37 Jessica @ Domesticated-Bliss January 25, 2011 at 9:22 am

What about something tying moving & miles together so it’s part of your “brand”?
Jessica @ Domesticated-Bliss recently posted..Texting While Walking

38 Lisa January 25, 2011 at 9:28 am

I like moves & miles…

39 Ali @ Ali Runs January 25, 2011 at 9:57 am

Nacho’s are one of my favorite snacks! I never thought about making it a meal, especially if it’s healthified like yours! Great dinner idea! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..5K Race Recap

40 Emily January 25, 2011 at 10:05 am

I just bought that ice cream a few weeks ago! It made my inner 12yr old all giddy and excited πŸ˜€
Emily recently posted..Slumpville

41 Amanda January 25, 2011 at 11:33 am

I think you just saved my dinner. I’ve been craving nachos, but I just can’t have them without something cool and creamy and have been trying to stay away from sour cream. Yogurt, so simple yet so genius. I have a whole case of Chobani 0% plain! Thanks!
Amanda recently posted..Im drawing a blankand a winner ELHs first giveaway!

42 MaryBe January 25, 2011 at 12:45 pm

So glad you decided to just keep it here! Who needs more blogs to read?? I’d be happy if you did one big post per day.
For a name, how about just “Merek”? Not as cute as Shamey but still cute πŸ™‚
MaryBe recently posted..Winner Winner Tofu Dinner!

43 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner January 25, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I love how you used blue corn chips instead of regular. Such a nice touch! πŸ™‚
Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner recently posted..A Blissful Reese’s Pizzert

44 Patrice @ A New Sweetness January 25, 2011 at 1:04 pm

those nachos like a great and simple recipe. perfect for busy college days πŸ™‚ thanks for sharing it!
Patrice @ A New Sweetness recently posted..The Life I Want To Live – A reflection on food

45 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Meghann’s Makeover?
From Bachelor to Beautiful?
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Monday Man-Day

46 Kacy January 25, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Those Edy’s ice creams get me every time. That was sounds amazzzing!

47 Ashley January 25, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I think you should name the posts/house portion “When Two Become One” because it will truly be a journey of melding your lives together. Believe it or not, discussions about chairs, paint colors (HINT), and sofas lead to much deeper conversations πŸ™‚
Ashley recently posted..Squeezing in Health and Fitness at the Airport

48 Macrae January 25, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Excited for the apartment design πŸ™‚ How about the title, “From Derek and FSU to Derek and Meghann Too”. A little long, but the FSU decor is insane!