Quick Drive Home

by Meghann on January 23, 2011

Maddie is wiped.

Long car rides really take it out of her. She doesn’t like to miss a minute of the action outside, so spends the whole ride with her head at the window. It has the be exhausting trying to keep up with all the passing lights and cars. πŸ™‚

We had a quick and easy ride home from Tampa this evening. Maddie watched cars, I drove, and we made it back before our favorite Sunday primetime television shows began.

I was exhausted when we did finally make it back, so I kept it really easy with dinner by reheating leftovers.

Vegan Sausage Balls from Friday night.

IMG_5735.jpg

with a ketchup and honey mustard dipping sauce

And broccoli on the side.

As of this afternoon I had one last Sweet! cupcake in my possession. Before I left Tampa I cut it in half and left half with Derek and brought the other half home for dessert.

This was the cookie and cream flavor and though it was not nearly as great as the peanut butter one from last night, it was still delicious. πŸ™‚

Meals and Miles Plunges

Check out this fun video Bess from Central Florida Top 5 put together of my plunge on Saturday.

I still find it very humorous that I’m in a bikini and complete surrounded by people fully decked out in costumes. Lesson learned. Next year I’m going with costumes all the way. πŸ˜‰

1 Kayla January 23, 2011 at 10:41 pm

The bikini while surrounded by fully covered people made me laugh when I saw your post the other day. I figure it just means your a major badass.
Maddie isn’t going to know what to do when the trips back and forth to Tampa stop, lol.
Kayla recently posted..Song of the Week 1-17-11 – 1-21-11

2 Brittany (Eating Bird Food) January 23, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Loved the video lady!!
Brittany (Eating Bird Food) recently posted..Simply Fruit and Nut Bars

3 Natalia@ The Health Script January 23, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I have been been having huge sugar craving today and that cupcake is not helping! I’m salivating all over my keyboard.

Poor Maddie πŸ™ My dog does the same thing. Well actually, my dog tries to run around the car to each window and drives us insane. But the point is that long drives wear him out too πŸ™‚
Natalia@ The Health Script recently posted..Ahhhh! Career Decided!

4 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 23, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Can your costume involve a wet suit? It would definitely help with the cold πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Getting Organized- Part Deux

5 Courtney @ the granola chronicles January 23, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Maddie looks exhausted!! I’m sure she’ll sleep so good tonight!

6 Sana January 23, 2011 at 10:53 pm

LOL how were you supposed to knowwhat to wear??? you looked cuteeee
Sana recently posted..Family Funday

7 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 23, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Hahaha! Love the video! You look so cold though! πŸ™

8 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) January 23, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Oh goodness, I want that cupcake so bad.
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..Hummus pasta!

9 Maryann January 23, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Haha that video is so funny! You look so cold! Awesome that you did it for a good cause though πŸ™‚
Maryann recently posted..Exercise Motivation &amp A Day at the Beach

10 Fallon January 23, 2011 at 11:03 pm

haha great video!
Fallon recently posted..Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze

11 Emily (Savory and Savage) January 23, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Aww, Maddie looks so tired! She does seem to be the most photogenic dog on the planet.
Emily (Savory and Savage) recently posted..Greens for all

12 Bess January 23, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Yeah, but the point is your were looking good in that bikini! πŸ™‚

13 Morgan @ Life After Bagels January 23, 2011 at 11:14 pm

well for goodness sake don’t make it a Princess costume okay hahaha

Just joking of course πŸ˜‰
Morgan @ Life After Bagels recently posted..It’s A New Life

14 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge January 23, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I definitely give you props for going out in a bikini! That’s way more badass than the costumes. πŸ˜‰
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..It’s a Hard Rock Life

15 Mama Pea January 24, 2011 at 12:11 am

If only it had been the green bikini…
Mama Pea recently posted..It’s Not You- It’s Me

16 Christin@purplebirdblog January 24, 2011 at 12:31 am

I love that sleepy puppy face!!!!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Full of Awesome

17 Lauren @Hungry Dancer January 24, 2011 at 2:13 am

The background music in that video cracked me up!!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..Swing!

18 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 24, 2011 at 6:26 am

Poor Maddie…

Loving the music in that video though πŸ˜‰

19 Lauren January 24, 2011 at 6:39 am

The fact that you are in a bikini just makes you bad ass girl!!
Lauren recently posted..Early Sunday Ramblings

20 Katie January 24, 2011 at 7:02 am

U wearing the bikini was awesome and made you easy to spot too !

Glad you had a safe drive back, and hope you guys do find a new couch set, that can be a pain to shop for furniture : p

Happy Monday! : )
Katie recently posted..Date Night and Target happiness

21 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 24, 2011 at 7:17 am

My dog likes to look out the window too – he is always so tired after an outing!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..scholarly pup

22 Lee January 24, 2011 at 7:50 am

You’re hardcore for doing it in a bikini! Those costumed people are warmer, well, maybe not.
Lee recently posted..Dinner Guests

23 Hope January 24, 2011 at 8:23 am

Aww..Maddie is so cute! Haha..that video is so funny with you surrounded by people in costumes!
Hope recently posted..4 Degrees &amp Spinach- Tomato &amp Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken…

24 kate January 24, 2011 at 9:11 am

Haha great video!

25 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston January 24, 2011 at 9:32 am

Haha love it!! Who was video everything by the way??
Katie @ Healthy Heddleston recently posted..Bearable

26 Kara January 24, 2011 at 10:33 am

You should have dressed up as a Baywatch babe and done the slow motion run into the water, that would have been hilarious πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Race announcement!