Waffle Girl

by Meghann on January 21, 2011

Look a friend came to run with me! πŸ™‚

Megan and I both are running the Miami Half Marathon next weekend and needed to get a semi-long run in before our crazy weekends began. She met me at my apartment early this morning and we ran 8 miles in a light drizzle of rain. We got lucky. Thirty minutes before we left it was pouring – we welcomed the slight drizzle with opened arms.

As we chatted about blogs, relationships, and running goals, the 8 miles really flew by. I’m lucky to have her as a running buddy. πŸ™‚

Since Megan had made the trip all the way to my apartment to run with me, I thought it was only fair I would make her breakfast in return.

After a quick google search I found a recipe for Cinnamon Oatmeal Waffles on FitSugar that seemed fairly easy and called for ingredients I already had in my pantry. Plus, I feel like waffles are one of those meals best enjoyed with a friend.

IMG_5323.jpg

IMG_5332.JPG  IMG_5336.JPG

Screw pancakes – I’m a waffle girl! πŸ™‚

Waffle toppings are where I have all the fun. I heated up an apple with some cinnamon and syrup in the microwave then drizzled it on top of the waffle with some plain yogurt, cacao nibs, and more cinnamon.

The actual waffles were just ok. Kind of bland and in need of some sweetness. Next time I would add a couple more tablespoons of sugar. Besides that they were very hearty and filling.

πŸ™‚

Enjoy your Friday everyone! Don’t worry – the weekend is almost here!

1 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 21, 2011 at 11:15 am

Those look so good! It’s fun that you and Megan could tackle that run together – having a running buddy is 10x better!

2 Molly January 21, 2011 at 11:15 am

yummm I need to get a waffle maker. Its been far too long since Ive had one!

3 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 21, 2011 at 11:16 am

I agree, waffles are so much better! πŸ™‚ Great toppings!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Buoyant Blueberry Oat Muffins

4 Kim @ girlevolving January 21, 2011 at 11:20 am

Mmm I LOVE waffles!
Kim @ girlevolving recently posted..reader recipe poll- pesto bean burgers

5 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 21, 2011 at 11:22 am

I so wish I had you two as running buddies!! It’s so snowy here…I had a planned 7 miler, but I don’t want to kill myself slipping on ice. Jealous of the Florida sunshine!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Five Things

6 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 21, 2011 at 11:23 am

Damn, I need a waffle maker.

7 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food January 21, 2011 at 11:24 am

Too bad the waffles didn’t taste so good…at least you have all the yummy toppings πŸ™‚

8 Kelly January 21, 2011 at 11:27 am

I couldn’t even tell you the last time I ate waffles. Probably should change that.
Kelly recently posted..Sunday Funday

9 Hope January 21, 2011 at 11:37 am

Those waffles look so good! I have a waffle maker at home. I should really start using it more often. The toppings are the best part! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Late Start &amp A Chipped Tooth…

10 Amanda @ JustAmandaJ January 21, 2011 at 11:38 am

I always make waffles or pancakes when my Husband is off on the weekends, it makes the time we spend together that much more special πŸ™‚
Amanda @ JustAmandaJ recently posted..Variety

11 Morgan January 21, 2011 at 11:42 am

I usually use about 3 tbsp of sugar in my waffles. Using vanilla yogurt in the recipe might help up the sweetness factor, too.
Morgan recently posted..Awk-ward

12 Meghann January 21, 2011 at 2:54 pm

that’s a good idea on using vanilla yogurt. I didn’t have any on hand today, but it’s good for future reference.

13 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 21, 2011 at 11:45 am

I am a pancake guy all the way πŸ™‚

14 Meghann January 21, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Derek is too

15 Katie January 21, 2011 at 11:45 am

this post screams ‘Katie get a wafflemaker ‘ !!!!!!!!!!!! I really need to get one, waffles are so darn good!

Happy Friday! xo
Katie recently posted..Break Fast

16 Meghann January 21, 2011 at 2:55 pm

haha – I LOVE my waffle iron. It was actually one of my first purchases when I moved out on my own. I knew I couldn’t live it without homemade waffles. πŸ™‚

17 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] January 21, 2011 at 11:53 am

Yum! Looks delicious!

18 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life January 21, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Waffles are so delicious–and such a great comfort food, too!

19 OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run January 21, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Amen to the waffle comment! Although, I wouldn’t kick a pancake out of bed either.
OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run recently posted..Random Blog Title

20 Meghann January 21, 2011 at 2:56 pm

True that πŸ™‚

21 Heather January 21, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I am also a waffle girl – too bad I married a pancake man.

I would eat waffles every day – I like them soft and not crunchy.
Heather recently posted..Tackle the to Do List

22 Sara (Miles & Manhattan) January 21, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Ah running buddies make everything better! You ladies are the cutest πŸ™‚
xoxo
s
Sara (Miles & Manhattan) recently posted..Brave New World…

23 Sara (Miles & Manhattan) January 21, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Running buddies are the best! You guys are too cute!
S
Sara (Miles & Manhattan) recently posted..Brave New World…

24 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 21, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Pancakes look yummy:) Question – do you blog from your Ipad??
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..On Balance

25 Meghann January 21, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Nope. The ipad is not productive at all for blogging. It’s similar to blogging from an iphone – good in a pinch but not ideal for everyday posts.

26 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 21, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking. I was looking into getting a smaller device to blog from, but I think something with a keyboard would be better.
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..On Balance

27 Anna @ History Running Girl January 21, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I really wish there was a good way to blog from the iPad. I love mine though. People magazine made a subscriber out of me with their app.
Anna @ History Running Girl recently posted..Snacky

28 Meghann January 21, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Yes! I love that App too!!

29 Brittaney @ The Girl That Can't Cook January 21, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I agree waffles are better when enjoyed with a friend! One of my friends and I try to make waffle/ mimosa nights a habit πŸ™‚

30 Kristin @ FoodFash January 21, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of the iPad 2 so I can use it as a kitchen gadget too! Waffles also look delish.
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Another Non-Dairy Day- In Pictures

31 Ali @ Ali Runs January 21, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I like waffles a lot more than pancakes as well. They just seem more fun πŸ™‚

ps-so jealous that you Orlando girls have so many runners around! I can’t seem to find anyone with the same goals as me where I live. Ahh well!

Have a great weekend πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..45 Life Lessons

32 Meghann January 21, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Have you tried joining a running group? When I first moved to Orlando I joined the Orlando Runner’s Club and still stay in contact with some of the runners from the Sunday morning group.

33 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 21, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I’m a total pancake girl – I won’t lie! Glad you enjoyed some time with a friend!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food only- no joke

34 Katherine: Unemployed January 21, 2011 at 12:53 pm

yay weekend! it’s so great that you can do a calm run on a friday am
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Kanaloa Kane Ku Lono

35 Kristy @ KristyRuns January 21, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I’m definitely a waffle gal. πŸ™‚ I like how they get crispy outside and soft/chewy inside. I usually eat frozen, whole wheat, organic waffles, but now I want to make my own! Weekend challenge? πŸ˜‰

36 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 21, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Nothing better than a good breakfast after a long run! Especially a wet run. Yikes!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Getting Organized- Part Deux

37 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 21, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I want waffles now. πŸ˜‰ Definitely a waffle girl!

38 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 21, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I agree, you are a waffle girl and yours always look SO good! I hope you’re having a fab Friday so far Meghann! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Tasty Eats and Hot Beats

39 Christina January 21, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Fun!! I keep trying to make my boyfriend into my running buddy but he is just not having it! I think he’s spitefully not a runner because I beg him to try it.
Christina recently posted..Amazing deals

40 Kacy January 21, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Yum! Nothing better than delicious waffles after a run.

41 Ashley January 21, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I’m a pancake girl. Its probably because I don’t have a waffle maker to convert me. Those look yummy.

42 Gill (snaxandthecity) January 21, 2011 at 3:00 pm

i’ve never had waffles – they look excellent! love hot apples. good on you for the 8mile run in the rain!
Gill (snaxandthecity) recently posted..The Hair Episode

43 Claire January 21, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I try to make waffles every weekend. It’s not healthy, but they are absolutely delicious and you have to splurge every now and then, especially if you run!
Claire recently posted..Eat Skinny Be Skinny Vegetarian- Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms

44 Rachel January 21, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Yum I want those waffles!!!
Rachel recently posted..And we’re off!

45 Maryann January 21, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Those look great!! Oats AND waffles πŸ™‚
Maryann recently posted..Busy Busy

46 Jess @JessCantCook January 21, 2011 at 5:46 pm

This just inspired me to add a waffle maker to our wedding registry πŸ™‚
Jess @JessCantCook recently posted..Flu –

47 Christin@purplebirdblog January 21, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I love waffles for the lovely little pockets, but I’m a pancake girl at heart!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..FF- I’m Special

48 Kiran January 21, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I am a waffle lover too. It’s high time to get me some waffle iron love πŸ˜€
Kiran recently posted..Home-made Pumpkin Spiced Chai

49 Kelsey January 22, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Those waffles look so good! Good luck at your marathon coming up!
Kelsey recently posted..Use a Business Instant Messenger to avoid Stress

50 Halley (Blunder Construction) January 24, 2011 at 12:19 pm

SMART! Recipes on the Ipad in the kitchen! That’s brilliant!
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Made with Love

51 Whitney @ My Life.My Heart. My Journey. February 3, 2011 at 10:14 am

I want to get a waffle maker! I eat waffles like toast too. So yummy!!!!
Whitney @ My Life.My Heart. My Journey. recently posted..BFD