Lunch at Infusion Tea

by Meghann on January 21, 2011

On Wednesday I concluded that Infusion Tea wasn’t the best setting for an ‘office.’ It’s too quiet, too open, and too slow for my taste.

However, that doesn’t mean it’s not the perfect setting for lunch with friends. For that it’s perfect!

IMG_5360.jpg IMG_5361.jpg

Especially when said lunch is paid for by an Eversave Deal I snapped up last month. πŸ˜‰

IMAG0457.jpg

You get free refills on teas of the day.

Great food.

IMAG0458.jpg

(The Middle Eastern Pizza? Holy Yum!)

And ample lighting for taking photos of your friends stuffing their face.

(Hi Kiran!!)

It’s also a great place for making new friends.

These are my new friends who work with HP. They were moaning in ecstasy over the vegan cupcakes they had just purchased and – after a few stares – they offered me a bite of my own.

I tried the lemon blueberry one and – they were right – it was amazing. πŸ˜‰ Don’t worryI didn’t ask for the bite first – they practically begged me to take it off their hands.

Scouts honor! πŸ˜‰

Also, for HP folks they were alright. Of course, they cursed my Macbook and wished me many viruses (they were only kidding!), but I know the real truth with HPs. Mac girl all the way right here!!

Do you make friends with random strangers in tea shops? I do it all the time. It’s called networking, Mom! πŸ˜‰

1 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 21, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Wow free tea refills?! Love this place!!

Oh man…vegan lemon blueberry muffins…mmm that sounds GOOD! Haha I probably would have asked for a bite/the whole thing anyway! πŸ˜›
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Exciting times!

2 Patrice @ A New Sweetness January 21, 2011 at 2:50 pm

i want to eat amazing food like you one day!
Patrice @ A New Sweetness recently posted..smoothie fail

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 21, 2011 at 2:50 pm

OMG those pizzas sound amazing! I sometimes make friends with strangers at Starbucks.. usually since there aren’t enough chairs and I end up having to share a table with someone I don’t know!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Tasty Eats and Hot Beats

4 Stacey - The Habit of Healthy January 21, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Looks like you had a great lunch. I wish I could eat lunch out on a work day but I’m stuck in the canteen – not so fun! The pizza looks amazing.
Stacey – The Habit of Healthy recently posted..To Snack or Not to Snack

5 Christine @ What The Front Door?!?! January 21, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Nope. Too shy.
Christine @ What The Front Door?!?! recently posted..Re-Focus

6 kristy @ kristyruns.com January 21, 2011 at 2:53 pm

That pizza looks incredible! And vegan cupcakes? Yes please! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..A Bad Day

7 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food January 21, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I love Infusion Tea! My aunt lives only a couple of blocks from there. Everytime I see it I think…so that’s where all the cool people go πŸ˜‰

8 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 21, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I love that you are meeting new friends! And tea shops, coffee shops and just hanging out…enjoy!

I wish i had more time to do that but with a child and a FT job, my hanging out time is numbered..but I LOVE The vibe of tea or coffee shops..from hip to mellow to zen to jumpin’…I love them all!

9 Kelly January 21, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Haha I am not an “interact with strangers” kind of girl.
Kelly recently posted..Sunday Funday

10 Lauren @Hungry Dancer January 21, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I’m not good at interacting with strangers…unless I have a cocktail and am at happy hour! It is good for networking though, got to get on it!! Mac girl here too!!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..Friends Forever

11 Theresa @ActiveEggplant January 21, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I was in Savannah on business in December and made friends with a group of government workers that were there for a convention. I was all by myself checking out a menu outside of a restaurant & we started chatting about the options. When the realized I was alone they asked if I wanted to join their group. Turned out to be the best/most fun dinner of my week-long business trip!
Theresa @ActiveEggplant recently posted..Zumba After The Storm

12 Hope January 21, 2011 at 3:06 pm

That pizza looks amazing! I really want to try Infusion Tea! It looks like such an awesome place! I sometimes will interact with a stranger. Usually only if they interact with me or if I have something interesting to say. πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Late Start &amp A Chipped Tooth…

13 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 21, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I’m the world’s worst networker. I hate when people try to strike up a conversation with me– I get all awkward.

14 Kara January 21, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I make friends with random people where ever I go. It’s a skill. Bonus, it embarrasses my husband πŸ˜›
Kara recently posted..Im so excited!!

15 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing January 21, 2011 at 3:13 pm

In defense of HP, I’ve had my laptop for over a year now and not a single problem! **knock on wood** πŸ™‚ Mostly I’m just WAY too cheap to buy a Mac and too lazy to learn a whole new system.
Carolyn @ Lovin’ Losing recently posted..Crockpot Experiment

16 Meghann January 21, 2011 at 3:15 pm

knock on wood is right – mine crashed after 1.5 yrs. I had no problems and the in a matter of 2 weeks everything went wrong πŸ™

17 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing January 21, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Ahhh! Shhhhh…..don’t say that! I mostly definitely CANNOT be buying a new laptop anytime soon. Trying to pay off bills and have a baby! **fingers crossed** **4 leaf clover in my pocket** **horseshoe above the door** and whatever else I can think of.

18 Anna @ History Running Girl January 21, 2011 at 4:00 pm

We’ve had an HP laptop in my family for about 5 years now. The k key fell off, but other than that no serious problems. So there is hope for your laptop!
Anna @ History Running Girl recently posted..Snacky

19 Allie January 21, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Free tea refills is pretty legit.. and I’m glad you made some new friends and enjoyed your lunch !
Allie recently posted..I have to admit

20 Claire January 21, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Looks amazing!! I love having lunches with friends, sadly, many of my good ones live far away!
Claire recently posted..Eat Skinny Be Skinny Vegetarian- Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms

21 janey January 21, 2011 at 3:17 pm

We have a place like that in DC, its called Teaism – so good! Looks like a fun lunch!
janey recently posted..Decent day deux

22 Erika @ Food.Fitness.Fun January 21, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Infusion Tea sounds like a great place to meet up with friends. I’m still drooling over that pizza! Yum! πŸ™‚
Erika @ Food.Fitness.Fun recently posted..Do I Look Good In Black

23 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life January 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Looks like a really fun lunch! Happy Friday.
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Things I would eat-purchase if I werent a vegan!

24 Krystina January 21, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Now see, I much prefer Dandelion over Infusion; I think Infusion’s portions are too small for the price.
Krystina recently posted..So- About That

25 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 21, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Next time I’m in Orlando, I’m trying this place out! I keep hearing great things about it! πŸ˜€

26 Julie @SavvyEats January 21, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I don’t make random friends at coffee shops (seriously, we need a tea place here), but I wish I did… it is something I am working on
Julie @SavvyEats recently posted..Flashback- This Time Last Year January 21

27 Kacy January 21, 2011 at 3:28 pm

If I ever make it to Orlando I know I’ll have to hit this place up. It always looks so good!
Kacy recently posted..Surprise!

28 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 21, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Hahaha that is awesome. I love that you ate a strangers’ cupcake…that is a serious commitment to baked goods that makes me very proud.
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Five Things

29 Angela January 21, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I love Infusion Tea! I especially like their mint chocolate herbal tea. Delish!

30 Anna @ History Running Girl January 21, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Making friends with strangers is fun!! Although I do not want to get hit on in the gym. (I don’t want to wear a fake wedding ring to the gym!).
Anna @ History Running Girl recently posted..Snacky

31 Rachel January 21, 2011 at 4:16 pm

I went to infusion tea when I was in Orlando! I’m a fellow tea lover and I agree the tea is great!
Rachel recently posted..And we’re off!

32 Hsw January 21, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Can you ask Kiran where she got her shirt? It is so pretty!

33 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 21, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Sometimes I have the urge to move to Orlando just to try Infusion Tea. Okay, maybe I could settle for just visiting! πŸ™‚

34 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 21, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Haha, stranger danger! They look friendly πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Getting Organized- Part Deux

35 Lish January 21, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Gosh, you have so many yummy looking restaurants there. I get such food envy during most of your posts about eating out! I live in a smallish town outside of D.C. and we have the standard fast food places and a few local eateries that are mediocre at best. I mean, we don’t even have ONE froyo place, for goodness sakes!!

36 Sara (Miles & Manhattan) January 21, 2011 at 5:24 pm

So jealous of your lunch-ing. Client lunch today. BLECH πŸ™‚
Sara
Sara (Miles & Manhattan) recently posted..Brave New World…

37 Sara (Miles & Manhattan) January 21, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Adorable place!
Sara (Miles & Manhattan) recently posted..Brave New World…

38 Conni January 21, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Your blog makes me want to move to Orlando. I NEED to try Infusion Tea. NOW.

39 Melissa @ For the Love of Health January 21, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Some of my best conversations have been in the way you described but in different settings πŸ™‚
Melissa @ For the Love of Health recently posted..A Healthier Me

40 Christin@purplebirdblog January 21, 2011 at 6:52 pm

My god that pizza looks like magic… I might have to recreate it, and I just bought some gluten-free pizza crusts too… booyah!! πŸ˜€
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..FF- I’m Special

41 Kiran January 21, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Haha! I love that spontaneous, without warning shot you took of me. It was so great catching up with you over an amazing lunch. Thank you so much for the munchies πŸ˜‰ Next time, it would be on me…. Dandelion perhaps?? I want to concur foods on that part of Orlando. Windermere is clearly a BLAH!
Kiran recently posted..Home-made Pumpkin Spiced Chai

42 ezzie January 21, 2011 at 8:34 pm

That pizza looks DIIiiivine! I’m totally drooling here on the other side of the screen.
ezzie recently posted..I &lt3 the sea And the food that is in it

43 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 21, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I always make friend with people in lines for some reason. My mom doesn’t worry because it happens to her too!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..scholarly pup

44 Britney January 21, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I am a Mac girl myself but my dad works for a company owned by HP. πŸ™‚ Not that he’s completely faithful – my dad loves his iPad!
Britney recently posted..Mid-January Blues

45 Lacey @ Lake Life January 21, 2011 at 9:32 pm

I must be old school because I still follow the “don’t talk to strangers” rule, as well as the “don’t take candy (or cupcakes) from strangers” rule! πŸ™‚
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..MLK day black-out

46 Grace January 22, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Going to have to try Infusion Tea..everything looks great! I love your hair by the way, I’ve been very into hair accessories lately.
Grace recently posted..At the Copa…Copacabana