2011 Race Schedule

by Meghann on January 20, 2011

2010 was the year of races on Meals and Miles.

I trained hard, I raced hard, and I accomplished fitness goals I never imagined possible.

I completed FOUR Marathons

ONE Ultra Marathon

TWO Triathlons

TWO 15ks

ONE 10k

FOUR 5ks

And followed three amazing training plans along the way 🙂

2010 was all about time and goals – I had a blast, but I also burnt myself out. For the last month or so I’ve taken a break from hard core training and have found myself enjoying all of the other amazing forms of exercise out there. Running is still my #1 love, but I’d love to find a balance between running and everything else to keep both in my routine.

I think that balance – for now – includes throwing all of my time goals out the window in 2011. Who knows how I’ll feel in a few months, but for right now the idea of racing for fun and not for time is a welcomed one. Lately I haven’t felt the need to push myself with speedwork or tempo runs and until I feel the need, I’m fine with just casual runs for fun. Because running is fun and I would like to keep it that way.

With that in mind, I am registered for a handful of races in 2011 and a few that are ‘tentative’ for the time being. Some people may ask what the point of races are if you’re not going to win or beat a previous PR, well those people aren’t real runners. There’s something about running a race that is just fun – time goal or not. There’s a thrill to running alongside few thousand of your closest running friends who love doing what you do. It’s a community that I’m happy to be a part of it. 🙂

Meals and Miles Tentative Race Schedule for 2011

January 30th – Miami Half Marathon

header_main.jpg

I’ll be running this one with Derek and my family. My only goal will be to run the entire race with my little brother and become his running cheerleader when he needs it.

February 28th – Disney Princess Half Marathon

princess_half_marathon_logo1-300x207.jpg

I’m going all out for this race. Pink, Pink, and More Pink. Plus a tutu and a tiara. 😉 I also want to run with my my camera and take pictures with all the princesses along the way. I will NOT be taking this race seriously in any way. 😉

April 30th – Country Music Half Marathon

5332_250273950327_57166020327_8292567_3798806_n.jpg

My little brother will be running his first FULL marathon for this one. I want to run the half and circle back to cheer on Ben where he needs it.

June 12th – Dunedin Beach Triathlon (Tentative)

2006-header-new.jpg

I’m looking for triathlons in the Tampa Area for the summer months. Anyone have any other suggestions?

September 25th – Augusta Half Iron Man (Tentative)

AGHHeader1.jpg

Oh, yes. Remember it will be for fun and I will also be competing with my Sister and Little brother.

November 5th – Rock n Roll Savannah Full Marathon (Tentative)

50436_136836716357179_2788_n.jpg

Not sure why I’m attracted to this marathon, but I am.

There’s no 15ks, 10ks, ok 5ks on this list because I’m moving to a new area in March and I’m afraid I know NOTHING about that race scene. Anyone in Tampa want to help me out? Google can only take you so far when it comes to researching races!

So, whose with me for any of these races? Anyone?!?!

🙂

Back to lunch.

Today was easy. I knew I wanted a salad for lunch, but I also needed a protein. What to do? What to do?

A quick dig in the freezer uncovered a package of salmon patties that have been there longer than I care to mention, but were still ‘fresh’ enough to do the trick. I grilled one on the George Foreman and pieced together a salad of spinach, grated carrot, mushrooms, and tomato while it cooked.

When the salmon was done I placed it on top of the greens, crumbled some blue cheese, and drizzled it all with bbq sauce (yes, bbq sauce makes a fine dressing).

Plus, my last corn muffin.

Sad they’re gone, but even I was getting tired of seeing them on here. 😉

I’m late to a conference call. Gotta go!

1 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 20, 2011 at 1:52 pm

You are insane! I can’t wait to hear about all of them 🙂 I would love to do that one in Nashville!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Getting Organized- Part Deux

2 Megan January 20, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I’m running the Princess Half Marathon in a tutu and tiara as well! I’m pacing one of my friends for a sub 2:00. Very excited abut it!

3 michelle January 20, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Looks like a solid race schedule for the year. I totally agree about racing for fun. I came to that realization last week because I was dreading running because I felt like I “had” to run at a certain pace / do a certain distance. Now I’m just enjoying it and a lot happier 🙂
michelle recently posted..Happy Thursday

4 movesnmunchies January 20, 2011 at 1:55 pm

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

5 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers January 20, 2011 at 1:57 pm

i am doing the savannah rock ‘n’ roll HALF (not the full)! i vote YES on savannah!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Return of My Exercise Mojo

6 Sarah January 20, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I have had my eye on this race! I live in Savannah and really want to run to the half. I have never ran that far before and I thought it would be a very motivational and FUN race to have as my first half marathon. I vote SAVANNAH!!! any why not, it’s beautiful here, great for blog pics 🙂

7 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I agree – it is beautiful! I think I will be running the full 🙂

8 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 20, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Looks like a great year! I wanted to do the Princess Half but it conflicted with Gasparilla. 🙁 Next year maybe? 😉

You should look into the IronGirl Half in Clearwater on April 10th if you haven’t already. I know that it’s close to the Nashville date, but it’s close to Tampa and I know that a few people are running it, including me! 😉

9 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:02 pm

I went back and forth on Gasparilla and Princess half – I HATE how they made it the same weekend – but since I have not Princess yet and have done Gasparilla two years in a row, the choice was obvious. 🙂

Oh, and I think I will be doing the iron girl half in April!

10 rebecca lustig January 20, 2011 at 1:57 pm

what an intimidating/admirable tentative race schedule!! you’re gonna take the race world by STORM

11 Elina (Healthy and Sane) January 20, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Wow, I can’t believe how many amazing races you completed last year and how 2011 is shaping up already. You are a machine! 😉
Elina (Healthy and Sane) recently posted..Make mindless eating work for you

12 Stacy January 20, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I love this post!! You are truly inspiring. I did my first Half-Marathon already this year, the WDW Half. I absolutely loved it, and some year I hope to have a schedule like yours! I may possibly be at the Nashville Half, just depends on my grad studies and travel since it’s 8 hours away!

13 Sarah @ Going on Goals January 20, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I really wanted to run the Princess marathon. I mean I will be in Orlando when it happens, but unfortunately I will be there for work. Have fun!
Sarah @ Going on Goals recently posted..The Daily Grind

14 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:03 pm

So close yet so far! I know that feeling! 🙂

15 Natalie January 20, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Great schedule! I don’t have any planned as of yet, because I may be moving to either Cali or Missouri next month, yikes!
Natalie recently posted..Stylish Blogger Award

16 Tami January 20, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I signed up for my first half ironman…its’ early June 18th….I wake up feeling nauseous about it sometimes!
Tami recently posted..our last few days in pictures

17 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Woo hoo! You will rock it Tami! 🙂

18 Rebecca January 20, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I’ve always wanted to do the Nashville one…I LOVE country music but have never been to Nashville before. Maybe this year….

19 jen @ taste life January 20, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I’m done running long races, but depending on where I’m living in November, I may come cheer you on in Savannah 🙂
jen @ taste life recently posted..Birthday of Excellence

20 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun January 20, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Ummm…that 1/2 in Savannah is actually the longer race I have been thinking about maybe working towards for fun as a fitness goal post-baby. I am certainly playing it by ear with everything else but I think a Rock N Roll one would be the most fun race to do; I love Savannah; and its close enough to where I live.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Eating Well &amp Self-Love Revisited

21 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Yes!!! Come do the half!!!!!

22 Jess January 20, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I’m in a very similar place this year with my race calendar. I pushed myself hard last year and set some new PRs and really trained well. But this year I’m just enjoying a more relaxed approach. I’m sure it won’t lead to PRs because I’ve pretty much eliminated speedwork, but I’m having fun and that’s important.

I’m enjoying my roll with it attitude and I’m actually not planning to register for any races just yet. I need to find one that really gets me excited again about racing before I commit.
Jess recently posted..What Makes You Feel Accomplished

23 Cate January 20, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Wow! 2010 was quite a racing year for you! The 2011 race plan looks great – all the races sound fun! I love that you are focused on just running for fun because you are totally right, it should be!
I am still trying to decided which races I am going to be doing this year. You are an inspiration for sure! 🙂
Cate recently posted..After Crossing the Finish Line of the WDW Half Marathon

24 Kelly January 20, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Haha you love your races! That’s an intense race schedule.
Kelly recently posted..Sunday Funday

25 Melissa January 20, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I was planning on MCM for a 2011 marathon but I forgot about RnR Savannah! Hmmm…. now I’m not sure which I want to do! I’m a such a sucker for the RnR races
Melissa recently posted..Confessions

26 Kiran January 20, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I’ll be volunteering at the Disney Princess Half Marathon! Would cheer you and the rest on!!!! Yahoo 🙂
Kiran recently posted..Celebration!

27 Heather January 20, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I am not a runner…at all… so naturally my goal for 2011 was to run my first half marathon haha. I’m actually thinking about choosing the rock n roll Savannah for my race because a.) great music b.) Savannah in November is so beautiful and c.) November is farrrr enough away for me to prepare 🙂

28 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:07 pm

I think those are good reasons to pick Savannah 🙂

29 Hotpotatokate January 20, 2011 at 2:17 pm

A half ironman for fun?? You’ll be sorry you ever said that 😉

Sounds like a great season!

30 Callie January 20, 2011 at 2:18 pm

I’m so sad I can’t do triathlons with you this summer! Definitely look into the Madeira Beach Triathlon. There are also a ton down at Ft Desoto – I’ll try to find some links for you!
Callie recently posted..Two Left Feet

31 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 20, 2011 at 2:21 pm

WOW Meghann, that is a LOT of races! Good luck for all of the ones you’ve got coming up. I am sure you will do well in all of them – and I bet you’ll PR in them too! 🙂
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Tasty Eats and Hot Beats

32 Hope January 20, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Wow, that is a lot of races! I love the Disney Princess Marathon! That sounds like it’s going to be so much fun!!

I love using BBQ sauce as a dressing. They do that at Panera Bread in the BBQ Chicken Salad..so good! 🙂
Hope recently posted..A Late Start &amp A Chipped Tooth…

33 Brie @ Brie Fit January 20, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Your tutu is being made as we speak!
I’m still working out a race schedule for 2011…I think this may be the year of many half marathons.
Brie @ Brie Fit recently posted..1698

34 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Yay!!! This makes me VERY excited!!! 🙂

35 Ashley January 20, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Don’t do Savannah! Wait unil the following year and you can stay at my parents house!!!
Ashley recently posted..Things Are Changing

36 skinnyrunner January 20, 2011 at 2:25 pm

savannah baby! im doing that full..
skinnyrunner recently posted..Big vacay news

37 Angela January 20, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Great schedule! As a Tampa girl, my favorite 5k/10k race is the Comen Race for the Cure in October. It has a really good expo and just feels very purposeful to me. I also think the Brandon races, St. Patrick’s Day, and 5k and 1/2 in December, are good small races – very easy to place!! I don’t live near Brandon and still like those. Also, I think the Women’s Half Marathon in November also has a 5K accompanying it, at least it used to. I love that one!

You will love running in Tampa. I am sure you have been to Bayshore – that is my favorite place to run!

38 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I have so much to learn! Thanks Angela!

39 Angela January 20, 2011 at 11:12 pm

I just realized I spelled Komen with a C!! That’s what I get for multitasking at work!!

40 Theresa @ActiveEggplant January 20, 2011 at 2:30 pm

It can be so hard to find good races in new areas. I’ve been in Bradenton/Sarasota for 6 years and am just now starting to hear the names of the “good” races that aren’t necessarily on the local running club websites.

I might check out the Dunedin Tri website – I’ve been trying to find an Olympic distance to try out this year & haven’t been able to find any yet that fit the schedule I’ve mentally made for myself!

You can also look into the Top Gun Triathlon at Ft. DeSoto park. It’s usually in the July/Aug range…last year it was July 31st…but they haven’t posted the 2011 date yet. They also have an early-spring even there – the Escape From Ft. DeSoto tri on April 16th. (There’s a 3rd…but I can’t remember the date or name.)
Theresa @ActiveEggplant recently posted..Zumba After The Storm

41 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Thanks girl! I have so much to learn about Tampa races. It only took me 2 years to nails down the orlando running scene 😉

42 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 20, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Oh my gosh I would LOVE to do the Savannah one. Love, love, love- I hear it’s gorgeous there!! I’ll have to figure out if I’m available closer to the date!!

Are you not running SunTrust in March? For some reason I thought you were!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Five Things

43 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:11 pm

I was suppose to run the SunTrust in March, but turns out it was the same weekend Derek is a groomsman in a wedding. Boooo

44 Michelle January 20, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Holy wow you did a lot of races last year! I would totally be burned out too.

I am doing the Savannah Full (my first!). So excited. And nervous.
Michelle recently posted..Had to Share…

45 Jena January 20, 2011 at 2:34 pm

What kind of information do you want on races around here? I race in Tampa every month. I just ran the St. Pete Classic last weekend (PRd). As Callie said there are quite a few tris in Fort Desoto.
http://eatlivebewell.wordpress.com/ — She is a Tampa Bay Triathlete, and my running buddy. I’m not sure if she has posted her race schedule yet. We are planning on doing a Tri in Madiera Beach in May ( I don’t tri, but it’s a relay, so I’m doing the running part).

You can look on active for races in Tampa/Clearwater area. When are you moving to the Bay area? April there is the Iron Girl 5k & Half Marathon. The races are kind of sparse in June/July, I haven’t not found very many yet, but I’m still looking.
Jena recently posted..Me-1 Treadmill- 0

46 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 20, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Miami will be awesome since you’re running with family.

47 Kara January 20, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I’m jealous of your list! I always try to find races that are within driving distance so I don’t have to travel with the baby (not very relaxing!). It’s too bad you can’t get a discount on entry fees if you enter a certain amount of races!
Kara recently posted..Back to sleep and running nutrition

48 wendy sue January 20, 2011 at 2:44 pm

My running partner just mentioned savannah yesterday! I am doing the Atlanta full March 20th and am considering others for the fall. I intend to apply to NYC as well!

49 OrlandoPaula @ Eat: Watch: Run January 20, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I’m doing the Savannah FULL! My first full! So excited!
OrlandoPaula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Why I Run- Nutella Edition

50 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 20, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I may do that half ironman with you 😉

51 Liz January 20, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I’m a Tennessee girl! Yay for the Nashville half! Get ready for some hills =)

52 Bobbie January 20, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Maybe. I am *thinking* about making the Savanah Rock N Roll Marathon my first….we shall see 🙂

53 Alina @ Duty Free Foodie January 20, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I really like your plan! I am not a “real runner”, but I still enjoy races for the atmosphere. Not everything can or should be about numbers all the time.
Alina @ Duty Free Foodie recently posted..Almost Wordless Wednesday

54 Heather January 20, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I think having fun is a great idea. i JUST posted my WDW full marathon race recap. We took pics with almost EVERY character saw. Our time sucked but we had a BLAST! so worth it.
I am also tentatively looking at the savannah full simply b/c thats the time of year I want to possibly try another full, and its within driving distance!
Heather recently posted..Comment on WDW Marathon 2011 Recap part II by admin

55 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Just saw all your photos! That’s the exact approach I want to try for the princess half. 🙂

56 Morgan @ Life After Bagels January 20, 2011 at 2:52 pm

who’s your favourite Disney princess?
Morgan @ Life After Bagels recently posted..It Feels Like Home

57 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Little Mermaid 🙂

58 Christin@purplebirdblog January 20, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Holy crap, you are superwoman!!!! 🙂 And yes, BBQ sauce makes a most perfect dressing indeed!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Lemony Miso Tilapia and a New Kale Chip

59 Katie January 20, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Try this site it has a lot of races on it: http://www.runningintheusa.com/Default.aspx
Katie recently posted..More moroccan flava

60 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Thanks Katie!

61 Shannon @ A Pinch of Ginger January 20, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I am also thinking about the Savannah full. My younger sister lives in Savannah so it gives me a good excuse. Besides its the city’s first Rock N’ Roll Marathon and i’m sure it will be one to remember!!

It would be awesome if we could all virtually train together!

62 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:17 pm

it looks like a lot of people are running it. Maybe we can have one big virtual training party 🙂

63 Beth @ DiningAndDishing January 20, 2011 at 2:56 pm

aw my little sis SO wanted to run the princess half and missed the boat. i’ll have to tell her to check out your recap so she can live vicariously through you :).

64 Jennie @ Designed To Be Fit January 20, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I want to do the Disney Princess Half sooo bad! I just did the Disney race earlier this month and fell in love with racing through that park. It was so organized and just awesome. They charge so much to register though! I guess that’s why it was so well done. I hope to do a Rock and Roll race for my first marathon at the end of the year!
Jennie @ Designed To Be Fit recently posted..I’m Alive

65 Jess @ Fit Chick in the City January 20, 2011 at 3:35 pm

The Nashville 1/2 Rocks! I love that race!
Jess @ Fit Chick in the City recently posted..ISO a Short Term Goal

66 Alaina January 20, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I wish I was only so confident to sign up for that many half marathons. I think one a year is enough for me. I’ll stick with a lot of 5ks. 🙂

Check out the blog Life is Beachy Keen. She lives in Tampa and does a lot of races.
Alaina recently posted..Spaghetti with Asparagus- Smoked Mozzarella and Prosciutto

67 Erin January 20, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I really want to do the Savannah Marathon or Half Marathon so I hope RnR keeps it on the list! It doesn’t work for me this year so I hope someone I “know” does it so I can hear all about it! I visited Savannah for the first time in 2010 and would love to go back. Have you been there?
Erin recently posted..North by Northwest

68 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:18 pm

I was in Savannah for a night in High School, but have not been back sense. Part of the reason why I want to run is the race is I want to visit the area. 🙂

69 Jennifer January 20, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I did Augusta 70.3 last year…it is a really fun race..I did it entirely in the rain and I still had a blast! The swim is one of the fastest around because it is downstream! So even if you aren’t a great swimmer you will still PR that portion. The bike has some rolling hills but nothing terrible and the run is entirely flat and is 2 loops downtown with LOTS of crowd support. One think I want to point out, there aren’t a ton of great places to stay in downtown Augusta so you may want to reserve a hotel room now if you can cancel it later (if you decide not to do the race) the host hotel is the better one in town. let me know if you want more details!

70 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Thanks for all the info! Reading this actually makes me more excited about doing the race! 🙂

71 Kelly January 21, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Sounds like it is a great race!!! 🙂 I’m getting pumped to train for it.
Kelly recently posted..Reinforcements and Larabars

72 Whitney January 20, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I’m running the Princess Half. It will be my first! But I will be far behind you!
Whitney recently posted..Eight is Great!

73 Cynthia January 20, 2011 at 3:52 pm

2010 was such an awesome year for you!
I’m so jealous you get to run the Disney Princess Half! I can’t wait to see those pics! My friends just moved to Savannah so I was thinking about running the RnR there this year!
This year I have some timed goals but I also have a few races that I’m running for other reasons that time so I understand how you feel to just run for the fun of it! My love and I running our first marathon together with a group called Run to Remember to honor our Soldiers (Seattle RnR). That will be an emotional race for me. Also plan to run a half with my sister, her first so I just want to be her cheerleader and supporter!
Cynthia recently posted..Everyday should be a birthday! minus the getting older part!

74 Kelly January 20, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I’m thinking about the Savannah one myself, but it’s so far into the future, I don’t know what I’ll be thinking next fall.
Kelly recently posted..The leftovers keep coming

75 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:20 pm

that’s exactly why I said ‘tentative’ because who knows where I’ll be then!

76 Kristen January 20, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Yay for moving to Tampa! I live in Tampa and there are lots of fun places to run:) I love exploring new places for trail running around the bay area. Check out tamparaces.com for some of the trail running races. Also- the women’s half marathon in St. Pete is November is great. There is a fun running club that meets every Tuesday at Four Green Fields for a 5K and then food and drinks afterwards as well. Let me know if you end up trying any of those:)

77 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:21 pm

You will have to show me around! I have no clue where to start!

78 Kacy January 20, 2011 at 4:07 pm

What an awesome 2010!! I like your tentative schedule, good luck!
Kacy recently posted..Surprise!

79 Runeatrepeat January 20, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I’m in for Savannah since I’m obsessed with that place. Can we room up?
Runeatrepeat recently posted..Wacky Wednesday Accident Edition

80 Lauren January 20, 2011 at 4:28 pm

All the Disney marathons sound so fun, but it would be a long trip to do one of them!
Lauren recently posted..Britney Spears Pandora

81 Ali January 20, 2011 at 4:57 pm

You did have a very busy 2010! I really enjoyed reading about it though 🙂 It’ll be nice to switch some things up though. My mom LOVES Savannah–I’ve heard it’s a very pretty city!
Ali recently posted..45 Life Lessons

82 Casey @ Insatiably Healthy January 20, 2011 at 5:01 pm

You are a machine! Such an inspiration.

83 Hilary January 20, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Wow…sort of jealous of all the races you’ve done! And I’m super jealous about the Disney Princess 1/2….I really wanna do that one but Florida’s a bit far for me right now….have fun!
Hilary recently posted..My chili crush

84 Amber January 20, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I will be joining you for the Disney!!!! =) which I am super excited for and am going all out with the pink as well!!

85 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Yay Amber!!! WIll you have your tutu and tiara ready? 😉

86 Amy Ramos January 20, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Wow!! That

Can I ask a question (and this relates to most of the blogs I read regarding running races).
How can you afford these races? I know some of them are local, but the fees add up! Do you save up for a certain amount of races??
I was blown away by how much my 1/2 marathon was last year. The 9 miler I wanted to do this year hiked up their fees to where it is not worth it, IMO.
Any insight would be great.

87 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Such a great question! Yes, races are expensive, but I don’t buy expensive things, I’m not in debt, and racing is sort of my hobby. I’m lucky to be in the situation to spend my ‘fun money’ on races, but I know that’s not the case for everybody.

88 Ashley January 20, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Thats crazy! Good luck, you’re so awesome and inspiring.

89 Michelle @ Living Learning Earning January 20, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Meghann, you are a machine! Congrats on all the races last year and the ones to come!

90 Ada January 20, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Miami Half is oodles of fun, you get to see all the cruise ships all lit up which is super pretty:) I’m sure you’ll have a blast (I wish I was doing it again this year!)
Ada recently posted..Tenzan Takeout

91 Rachel January 20, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Seriously crazy. You are so crazy. But so AWESOME. Good luck this year!
Rachel recently posted..And we’re off!

92 Meghan@travelwinedine January 20, 2011 at 6:14 pm

The Savannah Marathon is during the weekend that Foodbuzz Fest has been the past 2 years, but I would definitely consider it! I am dying to go to Savannah and to run a marathon where I don’t train all miserable Boston winter long!
Meghan@travelwinedine recently posted..Coconut Rum Rice Pudding

93 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Yeah, I’ve already decided that if Foodbuzz Fest is in San Fran again I will not be attending. It was fun, but they need to change the location to keep it interesting for me. 🙂

94 Courtney January 20, 2011 at 7:13 pm

I’m running the Disney Princess 1/2 too! It’ll be my 2nd time!

95 Carly (Swim, Run, Om) January 20, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I’m contemplating doing the Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah marathon, too! Maybe I’ll see ya there. 🙂

96 Jayce January 20, 2011 at 7:16 pm

There are lots of good races in Tampa! If you are looking for fun, there are several different adventure races in the next few months, some of which are for teams of two. I think the best is the Picnic Island series (http://www.tamparaces.com/PicnicIsland/) because it is super fun and only $30 (the other ones seem to be pretty $$). Then there’s the IronGirl races on April 20th, the Ft. Desoto tris which are supposed to be a lot of fun, and several fun local races in Brandon (where I live) and other areas. Let me know if you want more!
Jayce recently posted..Cute

97 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Thanks Jayce!!!

98 Lauren January 20, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Such an impressive race schedule but I’m sad to see no smaller races. I think you could make some serious money with your speed girl. Those 5k’s can be killer but a great way to place!
Lauren recently posted..Insane Insanity- My Initial Thoughts and then some…

99 Jessica @ Jessica Balances January 20, 2011 at 7:59 pm

You’ve got an exciting year ahead of you! 🙂 I ran the Nashville Half last year and it was SO MUCH FUN! You’re going to love it. However, I hope the weather isn’t like it was last year — many of the full marathon runners did not get to finish because of thunderstorms. I felt so bad for them! I finished just in time, thank goodness.

100 LauraJayne January 20, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I need to start planning my races for 2011 – so far I have a June 5 half-marathon – and that’s it! I’m a little behind the game, but you’ve motivated me to get on it!
LauraJayne recently posted..Robert Smithson’s Spiral Getty and the Springville Museum of Fine Art

101 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 20, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Wow, you had an AMAZING year- congrats! you are an inspiration:)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Tag! You’re It

102 Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy January 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Check out the St Pete womens half marathon – Meganerd did it this past year and I think I’m doing it in 2011 also. You’ll be closer to the beach, I imagine there will be tons of fun runs with awesome scenery! Anything that goes on in St Pete Beach will be beautiful too!
Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy recently posted..Fun with Fitness Apps

103 tracey January 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I am in for the Princess – my first! And depending on the outcome of the Princess, I may sign up for Savannah 🙂
Hope to see you there.

104 Ben January 20, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I love that i am competing in 5 out of 6 of those races

105 Sarah January 20, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Im running the disney princess half!! I totally plan on rocking a tutu and tiara as well!

106 April January 20, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I’m running disney!!! I live near orlando!

107 Allie January 20, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Wow! So many accomplishments and races 🙂 Very awesome and good for you!!
Allie recently posted..I have to admit

108 pen (pen at peace) January 20, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Augusta HIM is a great race…a SUPER fast swim and a fast flat run (as long as it’s not two-million degrees). I live in Augusta and get to train on the course all the time, but if you all decide to take a weekend trip up to preview the course, let me know, and I’d be happy to be your guide!
pen (pen at peace) recently posted..Baby- It’s Warm in my Belly

109 Debbie January 21, 2011 at 5:51 am

I thought of running this last year… Maybe this year…http://floridaholidayhalfathon.com/
This one would just be fun.
I hope that they do this one this year.
The Dunedi

110 Debbie January 21, 2011 at 5:57 am

Sorry hit publish before I was ready. The Dunedin House of beer did a 5k last year where they gave out free beer. I didn’t go but I am sure it was fun. 😉
Debbie recently posted..Easy Cheesy Grits with Corn

111 Caitlin January 21, 2011 at 7:55 am

2011 looks great so far! For local races in Tampa, check out http://www.coolrunning.com (aka best race website ever). It’s also helpful if you’re going to be traveling somewhere and want to sign up for a local race while you are there. 🙂
Caitlin recently posted..Week Six Overview

112 erin January 21, 2011 at 9:31 am

i love running..just to run. I think I am addicted to crossing the finish line and the feeling of accomplishment. I don’t care how many people come in before me or after me..just as long as I finish. I think you’ll like just running for fun!!
erin recently posted..feelin jazzy

113 Vicki January 21, 2011 at 10:17 am

I’m doing the Nashville Country Music Half but my big goal for the year is the Chicago marathon in October.

114 Hilary January 21, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Hi Megan! I have been reading your blog for awhile now and I can’t believe you are moving to Tampa! I just moved here in August after graduating college. You are going to love it here, there are so many things to do. Let me know if you want a running buddy (although I probably can’t run as far as you haha… I am working on it! I love running from my apartment to the bay it is so gorgeous.

115 Hilary January 21, 2011 at 8:42 pm

woops Meghann I can’t believe I just spelled your name wrong! Sorry girl!