Office Hopper

by Meghann on January 19, 2011

Yesterday I found peace at Starbucks. Today it was all about Infusion Tea. πŸ™‚

IMAG0456.jpg

I love the drinks at Infusion Tea, I love the food, and i love the delicious smells; but the atmosphere was missing something. It was a little too quiet and empty for my taste. Could it be the noise and huge crowds at Starbucks were what allowed me to zone out yesterday? Probably. I work better in a noisy, crowded environment. πŸ˜‰ Today I felt like the one other person at Infusion Tea was staring at me and I felt it was a little more obvious when I was still at the same table 3 hours later.

Lesson learned. Infusion Tea is a yummy lunch spot, but not my future office away from home. πŸ™‚

At least I remembered to bring my wallet today to pay for an iced tea of the day.

IMAG0454.jpg

I think it was Wintertime Roobios? Very refreshing.

IMAG0455.jpg

Oh, and I brought my own snack. A mix of Smores Goldfish, Pretzel Goldfish, Raisins, and Peanuts.

IMAG0453.jpg

Great brain food.

I wrapped things up at the ‘office’ around 6:00 and headed right next door to Dance Trance for a sweaty dance session with a few of my favorite girls.

I had so much fun at last Wednesday’s $5 class, you know I couldn’t resist a second go around of shaking my booty. Obviously I walked right in as a complete expert and spit everything back out like it was no big thing (I kid! I kid! ).

In truth it was just as fresh and new to me as last week. I didn’t remember one song, but that was ok – I didn’t know anything last week either and still had a blast. Good thing these dances are easy to pick up on. πŸ˜‰

It was also great seeing Bess, Jackie, and Katy shaking their booties as well. The closer I get to moving in the next couple of months the more I value all the friendships I’ve made here and the more I’m going to miss them. I love going to yoga or dance trance and having buddies to talk to before and after class. Having those buddies are what makes the classes fun and keeps me motivated on going back. I guess I need to find Tampa buddies now!

For dinner tonight I made an old favorite – Smothered Chicken.

Basically, I baked a piece of chicken breast covered with salsa for 20 minutes minutes. Then topped the chicken with shredded cheese and baked another 5 minutes. It’s a really simple, classic recipe that’s hard to mess up. (I think that’s why I like it)

While the chicken was baking, I threw in some broccoli alongside it for the last 10 minutes.

And re-heated a Corn Muffin from Monday night (can you tell I’m slightly obsessed with these things).

Ice cream was on my mind for dessert. It was warm today, so the ice cream was the perfect evening cool down treat.

Egg Nog Ice Cream with some Kashi Go Lean Crisp.

πŸ™‚

I think my sister and I have created a monster.

Screen shot 2011-01-19 at 9.47.33 PM.png

Uh Oh.

Maybe craziness does run in the family. πŸ˜‰

1 Kayla January 19, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I think it is so cool that so many of your family members share a similar interest. I totally wish I had someone in real life who shared an interest in fitness related areas.
Dance Trance sounds like such a blast. And your dinner looks awesome.
Kayla recently posted..Song of the Week 1-10-11 – 1-14-11

2 Sana January 19, 2011 at 10:02 pm

You have an amazing family πŸ™‚

3 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 19, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I like noisy places better to study/work in as well! I do think all the chatter helps you zone out.

I made your stuffed chicken last week and it was FAB (with kale/bleu cheese/balsamic filling). This chicken looks great too. Sometimes it’s just so much easier to throw a piece of chicken in the oven!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Six Row and Grace Potter

4 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) January 19, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I feel that if I’m working somewhere like Starbucks, where many other people are also working, I get more done than working at a coffeeshop where people are just chatting. Something about the group mentality. I worked from home yesterday but really brought my laptop to Caribou Coffee to work and was much more productive.
Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) recently posted..Chai- chai- pizza- pizza

5 Itecblogger January 19, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I finally bought some of that EggNog ice cream you like. That’s REALLY good stuff, yet I can control myself with it. Terrific!

6 Kiran January 19, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I missed you all today πŸ™ Next week for sure πŸ˜‰
Kiran recently posted..Celebration!

7 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 19, 2011 at 10:07 pm

He is doing a full ironman? Didn’t he just run his first half marathon? Those are on two completely different levels…

8 Julie @ Wearing Mascara January 19, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I can’t wait to hear more about your new business venture! Also, I wanted to tell you that I ran out of peppermint seasonal ice cream yesterday. As a fellow peppermint lover, I figured you would want to know. RIP peppermint ice cream until next year…

πŸ™‚
Julie @ Wearing Mascara recently posted..Garlic Gold Giveaway for Tourette’s

9 Jenna @Eating Green, Staying Lean January 19, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Dance trance looks so fun!! I’ll have to find myself a class soon.

As far as an “office” outside of the house goes, I used to frequent Starbucks a lot during the campaign I worked on…it’s busy enough to make you feel productive and busy enough to keep you (and others) from recognizing that you and one other person are the only people that have been there for more than two hours πŸ™‚ Plus, I lovvvee Starbucks…so maybe I’m biased.
Jenna @Eating Green, Staying Lean recently posted..Being accountable to yourself

10 Christine January 19, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I always felt self conscious “working” in public when I was in college and studying or something. Like, I could never truly feel comfortable and enjoy myself because I had to A) buy food from where ever I was, B) attempt to eat and work at the same time, C) felt awkward continuing to work once food product was gone.

Though I have gotten some good work done out in public — I like coffee shops that are IN book stores. Starbucks in BNs? Seattles Best in Borders? Yup!

11 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 19, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I must get my hands on those smores goldfish – they sound so good!!

12 Kaitlin January 19, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Yum! I love freezing muffins for use all week long.

Holy cow! Your brother is going to be a rockstar Ironman!
Kaitlin recently posted..Kylas Wedding Weekend!

13 Ash Bear January 19, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I am going to try one of your recipes next week! πŸ™‚ It’ll be a great way to keep me accountable to cook on weeknights!

14 Christine January 19, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Just discovered your blog via Twitter. I’m just getting into healthier eating and love finding blogs where people share recipes and meal ideas. Thanks!
Christine recently posted..A So-So Sort of Day- With a Bonus Very Scary – and Hairy – Spider

15 Lew January 19, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I am glad u are learning where to work and where not to work. One question was Ben crazy before or after he wanted to do an iron man. Have fun on tomorrow adventure and remember its not always the noise of others sometimes its the noise in ur head.
Lew recently posted..Boring

16 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) January 19, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Your chicken almost looks like a slice of pizza to me. (:
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..Impulse purchases

17 Tammy (Palm Trees and Manatees) January 19, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Oh, shoot! I didn’t realize you were moving to Tampa! Bummer!!

18 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 19, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Uh, oh next thing you know, Ben is going to have his own blog! ;D

19 Laura @ Backstage Pass January 19, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Dance Trance sounds like a lot of fun. What was your favorite song that you danced to tonight?
I took a Body Pump class with my favorite instructor after work. She is so awesome that she creates her own playlist from the Body Pump library, instead of using just one track and corresponding songs. Her playlist is heavy on music from the Black Eyed Peas, which makes it super fun!
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Still Cruising

20 Molly January 19, 2011 at 10:47 pm

mmm smothered chicken. I need to make that soon. Ive had it, but with barbeque sauce not salsa. You had me at “hard to mess up”
Molly recently posted..That one time I cooked with Jose Andres…

21 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge January 19, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I love little muffins as a side dish to every meal. πŸ™‚

This post is definitely making me crave ice cream now. And I think it’ll be great for my sore throat.
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Spaghetti with Asparagus- Smoked Mozzarella and Prosciutto

22 Jackie January 19, 2011 at 11:07 pm

So great seeing you tonight, too! I’ve been 10 times more than you and you’re picking them up way faster than me! Oh well, I still sweated a ton, so that’s what counts, huh?

I’m a huge Infusion evangelist, but I know exactly what you mean. It’s definitely a better meeting place than solo work place. Have you tried Stardust Video and Coffee in Audobon Park (between Baldwin Park and Lew Gardens)? People LOVE it and I think it has more of a funky vibe. Haven’t been there yet myself but some other friends I know who work at home swear by it.

Happy office hopping!
Jackie recently posted..Class Reunion- Rock β€˜n’ Roll Style

23 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 19, 2011 at 11:23 pm

An Ironman?! Whoa, go brother!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Getting Organized- Part Deux

24 Maddi January 19, 2011 at 11:28 pm

i tried smores goldfish the other day and they are sooo good! haha πŸ™‚
Maddi

25 Christin@purplebirdblog January 20, 2011 at 2:24 am

Congrats to your brother on his decision! I had a friend who participated in the Ironman competition years ago and watching him train was insaaaane!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Lemony Miso Tilapia and a New Kale Chip

26 Kara January 20, 2011 at 6:05 am

I love your brother’s spirit! He does need a blog πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..The forbidden dog toy

27 Katie January 20, 2011 at 6:42 am

Your family is awesome, I feel like I know them just reading your blog, lol, and so cool your brother is training for the ironman ; )

SO glad you went to dance trance again, it is fun and a sweaty workout! You have made great friends there in Orlando but I know you will make great friends in tampa too! WHen are you moving? Have a great day! : 0 )
Katie recently posted..Break Fast

28 Ashley January 20, 2011 at 7:22 am

Everything you show at infusion tea looks delicious, and dance trance sounds so much fun. Good luck to Ben! He should definitely get his own blog, and your twin and parents too! Then it could just be an Anderson blog party all the time. πŸ˜€

29 Heather January 20, 2011 at 7:28 am

It seems like you have been doing 2 work outs a day since being out of work. Is that because you have more time orrr?

30 Allie January 20, 2011 at 8:00 am

You little office hopper ! Haha, that is too funny! I am glad you are able to go out and get work done in such a cool place like a tea or coffee shop πŸ™‚ Smothered chicken is such a yummy dinner.. it is a diner favorite of mine. I am wanting to try a Dance Trance class-it sounds like a lot of fun and congrats to Ben on committing to an Ironman!!!
Allie recently posted..I have to admit

31 OrlandoPaula @ Eat: Watch: Run January 20, 2011 at 8:10 am

I love those smores goldfish too! I love the Vanilla goldfish grahams too…I put those in my ice cream. πŸ™‚
OrlandoPaula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Why I Run- Nutella Edition

32 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 20, 2011 at 8:34 am

Wahoo, way to go Ben!

33 Hope January 20, 2011 at 8:34 am

I’ve never heard of Infusion Tea. I wish there was one near me. It looks like a cool place! What a simple but delicious recipe for chicken! I never thought to do that. I have all the ingredients at home. I think I am definitely going to try it for dinner sometime next week. Thanks for the idea! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Late Start &amp A Chipped Tooth…

34 Jennie @ Designed To Be Fit January 20, 2011 at 8:35 am

I made something really similar for dinner, but I used pulled chicken in the crock pot and put it on a tortilla!

I wish I had cornbread muffins to go with it!
Jennie @ Designed To Be Fit recently posted..I’m Alive

35 Erin January 20, 2011 at 9:07 am

I love the idea of working in a tea/coffee shop. But only theoretically! I seem to suck at it in actuality.
I really love the dinners you’ve been making lately! They look really balanced and delicious.

36 Eliz@The Sweet Life January 20, 2011 at 9:20 am

Wow–good luck to the future Ironman. It’s quite a commitment!

37 Ali January 20, 2011 at 9:51 am

The chicken recipe looks really good! Good luck to your brother!
Ali recently posted..45 Life Lessons

38 Kelly January 20, 2011 at 9:59 am

Random question. Do you have friends in Tampa? Is Derek going to be the only one you know? My (well I don’t really know what to call him) wants me to move where he is, but I won’t know anyone but him, and I’m afraid I’ll hate it.
Kelly recently posted..Sunday Funday

39 Meghann January 20, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I have a couple of friends in Tampa, but not a lot. I’m afraid I’ll hate it too, but I love Derek and if I want our relationship to move forward, this is the best step for us.

40 Gwen January 20, 2011 at 10:00 am

The Andersons are machines! Go Ben!

41 Kacy January 20, 2011 at 12:01 pm

You’ll find the perfect office location πŸ™‚ Practice makes perfect!
Kacy recently posted..Surprise!

42 Joy January 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I love working at s’bux it’s where I am taking my writing course πŸ™‚
Joy recently posted..missing and loving

43 Tanya @ Vegan Faith January 21, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I work for Girls on the Run and we just returned from our annual summit. Each year at the summit they announce where the next one is going to be. Next year’s is in Tampa and it made me think of you! I will be looking towards you for inspiration for places to dine and entertain! So make sure and check it all out once you get there! You are such a beautiful, confident woman, I know you will make friends in Tampa fast! Good luck with the move!