Let me count the ways…

by Meghann on January 18, 2011

I have a deep love affair with my yoga studio for many reasons

1. The instructors are amazing and always push me harder than I’ve ever been pushed
  2. Who needs a massage when you’ve got yoga to give your muscles the TLC they deserve?
  3. Not only do I love my studio, but my friends do too. I always see at least one person I know at every class I attend (tonight I saw three!) πŸ™‚

With the hustle and bustle of the holidays and the craziness of the last two weeks, I’ve been a bit behind in keeping up with a regular yoga practice. Tonight’s class was my first in almost a month and my body was desperate to soak it all in.

I think my instructor may have sensed my need to take it slow and easy tonight because that’s exactly what she did. Tonight’s practice focused on strength and patience – two things I always need to work on. I took it all in and left feeling like a million bucks.

Before yoga I had a meeting downtown and decided to test out the ‘working from Starbucks’ waters.

IMAG0451.jpg

It. Was. Awesome.

No dirty apartment to haunt me. No puppy constantly wanting to play. And no TV begging to watch just one more episode of Say Yes to the Dress before moving on. πŸ™‚

It was noisy and full of people, but I think I preferred that.

The plan was to order a delicious Starbucks concoction to enjoy while typing away, but when I got to the counter I realized I had left my wallet at home. Boo.

At least water is free.

IMAG0452.jpg

Luckily I brought a Luna Bar with me to nibble on in the absence of an expensive Starbucks treat.

IMAG0450.jpg

The meeting was great.

Yoga was great.

Dinner was great.

Dinner was also easy. By the time I got home from hot yoga it was almost 8:00 and my stomach was grumbling.

Re-heated 15 Bean Soup from last night’s dinner and with a dollop of ricotta cheese.

A small salad with tomato, mushrooms, and pecans.

And a corn muffin.

You’ve got your protein (soup). You’ve got your greens (salad). And you’ve got your carb (corn muffin). I’d say that is a complete, well-rounded meal. πŸ™‚

Dessert was the last third of my Carrot Cake from Cheesecake Factory.

Love their icing!

I’m exhausted. Time to get some sleep.

Good night!

1 Sana January 18, 2011 at 10:08 pm

I always only get water from starbucks! It’s a nice way to enjoy something icy without spending any extra money!
Sana recently posted..A Day In DC

2 Kiran January 18, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I can’t wait to attend the yoga class at OPY! Planning to do it this Friday for beginners class at 6pm πŸ˜‰
Kiran recently posted..Celebration!

3 Lauren @ Team Giles January 18, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Starbucks office time = heaven

Luna nuts over chocolate bar = heaven

carrot cake anything = heaven

yep seems like you had a great day πŸ™‚
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..Productive

4 Lauren January 18, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Seriously, yoga is a massage for your muscles. If I get tired from holding a pose, I focus on how good the stretch feels.
Lauren recently posted..In Love with Colorado

5 Ashley January 18, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Glad everything was so great. I love just hanging out in Starbucks reading a book or working on a paper. I lovee carrot cake, it’s my favorite. Happy that everything went so well today. Good night!

6 Kristy @ KristyRuns January 18, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Don’t you just love working at Starbucks?! I go there several times a week during my lunch break with my laptop in tow. I would definitely spend a lot of time there if I was self employed…although I’d probably be poor from spending all my time [and money] at Starbucks…

7 Amanda @ Eating Up January 18, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I love working at Starbucks. Sad that you left your wallet at home though!
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..My Crave List- Cookbooks

8 Maryann January 18, 2011 at 10:23 pm

That carrot cake looks amaze.

Starbucks is the perfect place to get away and get some work done, I like to go crazy on the passion tea with 50 cent refills πŸ™‚

9 Courtney @ the granola chronicles January 18, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Your side salad looks so simple but delicious! Have a good night!
Courtney @ the granola chronicles recently posted..Work in Progress

10 Allison @ PickyEatingRD January 18, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I always am able to get more work done when I leave my apartment as well!! Saturn too many distractions at home.
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..Eeek Hollywood You’re Scaring Me!

11 Ellie January 18, 2011 at 10:36 pm

fun- I wish I saw people I knew at Yoga πŸ™‚ I am with you a new environment can be really helpful. I love Panera, plus there is a great fire I can sit next to and be warm which is needed in central il
Ellie recently posted..The Globes

12 Rebekah @ Rebleltarian January 18, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I work sooooooo much better when there is noise!

13 Laura (Starloz) January 18, 2011 at 10:45 pm

i always get a water when i get a coffee, free water ALWAYS tastes better
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Obviously

14 sarah (sarah learns) January 18, 2011 at 10:51 pm

i love love LOVE working from starbucks! most days i have to go into my lab, but on days when i’m just working on writing projects i have free reign to go work somewhere else. it’s so nice to have a change of pace, too! πŸ™‚
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..wedding post- engagement photos

15 Christin@purplebirdblog January 18, 2011 at 10:54 pm

“Who needs a massage when you’ve got yoga to give your muscles the TLC they deserve?”

As a massage therapy student, I feel that I should say that massage and yoga are excellent complements to one another! πŸ˜‰
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Not Mushy!

16 Jenn January 18, 2011 at 11:17 pm

The only place that rivals Starbucks for a working environment is Atlanta Bread Company, but they have the advantage because of their yummy soups! πŸ˜‰
Jenn recently posted..Why- hello!

17 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 18, 2011 at 11:24 pm

I need to work from Starbucks more often! I would probably be more productive! πŸ˜‰

18 Michelle @ Living Learning Earning January 18, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Looks like you’re off to a great start to self-employment! I would looooove to work from Starbucks some days. Lucky girl πŸ™‚
Michelle @ Living Learning Earning recently posted..A day without chocolate…

19 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 18, 2011 at 11:50 pm

I love it when fellow yoga teachers teach to the class and the students needs at that moment, in that practice, in that hour. Not go off some pre-rehearsed sequence THEY want to teach that class. I love your teacher. She gives other yoga teachers a good name πŸ™‚

Glad you had a great class!

20 emily January 18, 2011 at 11:51 pm

wow! that’s bold…i’m always afraid to go to starbucks and not order something on the hour, every hour, for as long as i’m there. i think i was scarred by a college professor ranting about how rude it is to “freeload” without dropping cash, so now i think i probably imagine the dirty looks. i’m glad you’re enjoying your non-office job now!

21 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 18, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I get really distracted when I try to do homework at Starbucks because I’m always with a friend, and we always end up talking πŸ™‚ But then again, it’s nice to be away from the TV!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Getting Organized- Part Deux

22 Marina January 19, 2011 at 1:11 am

I would love to study while sipping something from starbucks.
I hope next time you don’t forget your wallet πŸ˜‰
Marina recently posted..learning what the weekend is for

23 Lauren @Hungry Dancer January 19, 2011 at 1:29 am

I happen to be a fan of working at coffee bean! I love how long your cheesecake factory leftovers have lasted!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..Personal Stylist

24 Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss January 19, 2011 at 1:35 am

I, too, love working at Starbucks. I get so much more written there than I do at home with the dog trying to lay her snout on my computer … and the TV distracting me with wonderful trash like “Dr. Phil” and “The Steve Wilkos Show.”

I load some cash onto my Starbucks gold card every payday, then try to stick to the iced tea because it’s cheaper than the Frappuccino I favor.
Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss recently posted..Winner!

25 Katie January 19, 2011 at 6:50 am

I am looking to do more yoga, there is a place right down the road from me, I might stop by today to buy a package ; ) I have only done yoga like 5 times, so Im nervous to do it again, Im not that great ; )

p.s. thanks for the advice on the macbook ; )
Katie recently posted..Break Fast

26 Allie January 19, 2011 at 8:23 am

Carrot cake is one of my favorite cakes, ever πŸ™‚ Glad you got a lot of work done at starbucks and had some free water haha. I get distracted at starbucks when I study there, but it is nice for a change of pace! You dinner is very well rounded and delicious looking πŸ™‚ Have a great day, boss ;)!
Allie recently posted..I have to admit

27 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 19, 2011 at 8:34 am

I used to work from Starbucks when I was in school. It’s great now that they have free internet but for the longest time, you had to pay! That’s when I would go to Panera πŸ™‚
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Six Row and Grace Potter

28 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life January 19, 2011 at 8:39 am

Sounds like a great day! Congrats on finding a new work space.

29 Teena January 19, 2011 at 9:08 am

I love days like this! πŸ™‚

30 Kara January 19, 2011 at 9:27 am

Mmmm….frosting. Yoga is critical for my mental health, that’s why my husband doesn’t mind taking baby duty while I go πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Early bird baby and a book review

31 claire January 19, 2011 at 9:29 am

You’re bold to work at Starbucks without ordering anything….

32 Amanda January 19, 2011 at 9:50 am

yoga’s on my o-town list. πŸ˜‰

33 Kacy January 19, 2011 at 10:03 am

Yoga is so much better with friends! I crave it, and always leave feeling amazing.

34 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 19, 2011 at 10:30 am

The fact that you can sit in Starbucks, use their free wi-fi and drink free water is pretty awesome.

35 Hope January 19, 2011 at 10:50 am

I definitely want to try yoga. It seems like it would be fun plus I think it would help me relax. I’ve never tried Cheesecake Factory’s carrot cake cheesecake. It sure does look tasty!
Hope recently posted..A Late Start &amp A Chipped Tooth…

36 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge January 19, 2011 at 12:29 pm

When I move to the city, I can’t wait to work in a coffee shop! πŸ™‚ But the coffee and treats temptation might be too much.
Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge recently posted..Spaghetti with Asparagus- Smoked Mozzarella and Prosciutto

37 Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) January 19, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I just recently found a yoga studio near my house that I LOVE! There’s nothing better than Saturday morning Reflexive Yoga! I just wish they had hot yoga, I am dying to try it out!
Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Dip

38 LauraJayne January 19, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I am always starving after Hot Yoga – and never have the energy to prepare anything from scratch!
LauraJayne recently posted..Recipe of the Week – Light and Quick Coleslaw

39 MegaNerd January 19, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Did you go to OPY last night? I went to the 4pm class!
MegaNerd recently posted..Book Review- Run Less- Run Faster