Does this lunch look familiar?

by Meghann on January 17, 2011

This is what happen when one spends the weekend having way too much fun and completely ignores all other responsibilities.

Yikes!

I’ll spare you the photos of my living room and bedroom, but you can assume they look relatively similar. I guess you know what I’ll be doing later this afternoon. Getting back to reality isn’t as fun as it seems, is it?

With the dirty dishes, dirty laundry, and shoes thrown all over the floor; you also get an empty fridge and a lazy cook. Enter left overs – every lazy cook’s dream.

Does this salad look familiar?

It’s the last of my Everything Salad from Friday’s lunch at Cheesecake Factory. It’s a little soggy, but surprisingly edible three days later. πŸ˜‰

My hummus came from Cheesecake Factory lunch as well, but the chips and carrots were a new addition. πŸ˜‰

The Cheesecake Factory has great hummus. Who knew?

Have you set any goals for 2011 yet?

Check out my blog post at Attune this month where I discuss my little secret with successful goal setting. πŸ˜‰

Now, I have some dishes to get to… And laundry… And those pesky shoes….

1 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 17, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Your Attune post was great! I have set some goals but have yet to get to work on some of them. Dave Farmar podcasts are one of them!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Six Row and Grace Potter

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 17, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Well, dirty dishes aside, lunch looks good! My goals for 2011 were in an earlier post (http://eatspinrunrepeat.wordpress.com/2011/01/03/2011-here-i-come/) – some are going rrrreally well.. and others.. well, they could still use some work. But we’ve got a whole year, right!? πŸ˜‰
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Tasty Eats and Hot Beats

3 kristy @ kristyruns.com January 17, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Mmmm..hummus! Happy cleaning! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Highland Bakery Breakfast

4 Pam January 17, 2011 at 2:27 pm

My kitchen looks like that too and I’ve been home all weekend……
Pam recently posted..Peanut Butter Fail

5 Marina January 17, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I hate when I have tons of dishes like that, but I feel so proud when that pile starts getting smaller and smaller. Good luck with the cleaning πŸ™‚
Marina recently posted..learning what the weekend is for

6 Erica January 17, 2011 at 2:28 pm

hehe- good luck with the to dos! The salad does look awesome! Cheesecake factory always results in leftovers. I finally released the news on the blog πŸ˜‰
Erica recently posted..E- Weekend- Grill 225 &amp Ladles Soup

7 Kelly January 17, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Haha well at least you’re home to get things done!
Kelly recently posted..Sunday Funday

8 Jodie January 17, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Have fun cleaning. I have never had an Attune product. I guess I should try one, any recommendations?

9 Meghann January 17, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I love the attune Chocolate Coffee Bean Bars πŸ™‚

10 Shanna, like Banana January 17, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I’m one of those weird people that has to keep my home life super clean no matter what fun I’m having fun. I think I can be a debbie downer because of it πŸ˜‰
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Those wild Friday nights

11 Kara January 17, 2011 at 2:43 pm

My kitchen looks like that all the time! By the time I get it cleaned, then it starts piling up again. I need a maid πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..First word!

12 Ellie January 17, 2011 at 2:44 pm

OHH that does look like good hummus! I’m enjoying MLK day and am kind of sad to learn that not everyone gets it off. It is about the only three day weekend (minus spring break) I have until May
Ellie recently posted..The Globes

13 Hope January 17, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I hate a mess of dishes. I clean everything up right after I use them. I cannot stand when my kitchen is messy. It’s the one place that I love keeping very organized. πŸ™‚ That salad and hummus still look good even 3 days later. πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Bargain Finds &amp Buffalo Chicken Burgers…

14 Christin@purplebirdblog January 17, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Dishes are the worst, and the only reason I keep on top of them is because we have a roommate and I try to be courteous. A goal of mine when Alex and I finally move out alone is to stay on top of the dishes!! πŸ™‚
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Breakfast for Lunch and a Busted Dryer

15 Sana January 17, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Oh god! You are so brave, I can’t eat leftovers from resteraunts days later!
Sana recently posted..A Day In DC

16 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 17, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Wow, that sink is something else. That would drive me crazy if it were my sink. I’m pretty anal about having a clear sink without dirty dishes. Even while I cook.

17 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 17, 2011 at 2:56 pm

That’s what my sink looks like on a regular basis. I’m always amazed at how much dirty stuff I create….that’s what you get for being a blogger and using real plates instead of paper!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Five Things

18 Ben Anderson January 17, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Well my goal is for me you and kelly to run a half IRONMAN in September.

19 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 17, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Your sink just means you have been off living life!!!!! And that’s what matters!!!! πŸ™‚

I just posted the other day about staying on track with intentions/goals set for 2011. Thanks for the reminder, too!
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Recipes with Raisins

20 Kiran January 17, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Love leftovers any time πŸ˜‰
Kiran recently posted..Semi-homemade pizza

21 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 17, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I did all of that crap yesterday. So glad it is over with!

22 Meg January 17, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Ooooh weekend dishes, how fun πŸ˜› They’ll be washed in no-time, though. Sometimes I wish I could go for a ride in the washer with my clothes just to put some fun into my Monday πŸ˜‰

Enjoy your day!
Meg recently posted..I don’t speak weenie

23 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food January 17, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I say the weekends are for FUN! Dishes be damned! hehe
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Stylish Blogger Award

24 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 17, 2011 at 3:39 pm

You don’t even want to see my apartment right now. :/

25 Allison @ PickyEatingRD January 17, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Eeekk all those dishes! We never let the dishes pile up in our house but laundry that is another story!!!! Have fun catching up!!! Also, great post on Attune!

26 michelle January 17, 2011 at 3:42 pm

I have a ton of chores to do as well. Fun times.
michelle recently posted..The Weekend

27 Rachel January 17, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I don’t think I could eat a 3 day old salad. It looks fine though!
Rachel recently posted..Welcome Back

28 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 17, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Oh no – Happy cleaning indeed!!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Siesta Sunday &amp No-fuss Nachos

29 Jes January 17, 2011 at 5:00 pm

My 2011 Goal – Run the Half-Marathon I signed up for. And not only run it, but train to the best of my ability so I go into it feeling confident. It will be slow (asthma, ugh), but my goal is to finish! If the half in April goes well, I might sign up for a Sprint-Tri in July… I lack a bike right now though, so we will see~

30 Keri January 17, 2011 at 5:13 pm

That looks exactly like my kitchen, all the time! It’s tough when you live alone and don’t have anyone to share responsibilities with…..whenever you get busy everything piles up quickly!!
Keri recently posted..Confession

31 Amanda @ JustAmandaJ January 17, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I totally just made a post the other day about my goals for the year here: http://justamandaj.wordpress.com/2011/01/13/new-year-revelations-and-goals/

I can’t wait to post later on about how I do with them, I think I made them mostly attainable πŸ™‚
And my kitchen totally looked like that the other day, I am SO lazy about cleaning the kitchen when my Husband is gone lol!
Amanda @ JustAmandaJ recently posted..Changing it up

32 Lacey @ Lake Life January 17, 2011 at 6:16 pm

For some reason I always thought you had a dishwasher. Washing dishes is the household task I hate the most.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Blogspiration

33 sarah (sarah learns) January 17, 2011 at 6:42 pm

huh, i love the cheesecake factory, but i never tried their hummus! i set quite a few 2011 goals – i really like the examples you gave in your attune post. i think i did a good job of setting mostly attainable goals! there are a couple “out there” ones that will be a little harder to achieve.
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..little french bakery

34 Ashley January 17, 2011 at 7:25 pm

That is a lot of dishes. Good Luck cleaning!
Ashley recently posted..Back and Forth

35 Lauren January 17, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I love that hummus! But what I especially love when getting the hummus there is that fantastic grilled pita bread. Yum!
Lauren recently posted..I Have a Dream

36 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life January 17, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Good luck getting caught up!

37 rebecca lustig January 17, 2011 at 8:23 pm

i’m so weird about cleaning as i go– even when i cook. it drives people nuts hah

38 Sara January 17, 2011 at 8:36 pm

You should try the Arugula salad at the Cheesecake Factory (off the small plates menu)! It’s fab!

39 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 17, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I always feel discombobulated (is that a word?) when I ignore all my responsibilities for a few days. I can’t stand clutter/messes so it usually makes me crabby. πŸ™‚
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..bananas

40 Ashley January 17, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I know exactly what you mean about clutter and cleanliness. When I worked from home I couldn’t really focus unless all my “chores” like working out and cleaning were done. πŸ™‚
Ashley recently posted..A Breakfast Surprise!

41 Lauren @Hungry Dancer January 17, 2011 at 9:11 pm

I hate when the kitchen looks like that!! It adds up fast! One of my goals was to start a blog and comment more on the blogs I read. Done and done!!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..Personal Stylist

42 Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 17, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I can’t believe I’ve never been to the Cheesecake Factory.. I’m missing out!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Bad Blogger

43 Ali January 18, 2011 at 9:36 pm

My sink ALWAYS looks like that. Seriously, doing dishes is probably my top most hated chore!
Ali recently posted..45 Life Lessons

44 Claire January 21, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I hate to admit, my sink looks like that more frequently lately due to my busy schedule and my fiancΓ©e’s ailments. That salad looks fabulous though!
Claire recently posted..Eat Skinny Be Skinny Vegetarian- Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms