We’re Going to Disney World!

by Meghann on January 13, 2011

I may have gotten a little overzealous with cooking this week because my fridge is currently packed full of leftovers.

Left over casseroles. Left over vegetables. Left over burgers…

IMG_4355

I’m eating my way through everything as fast as I can, but something tells me my fridge full of leftovers is about to turn into my freezer full of leftovers. What can ya do?

For lunch today I had a left over Cheesy Burger with spinach, ketchup, and tomato.

IMG_4353

Holy Garlic Mouth Batman! Apparently I didn’t do a fine job in chopping the garlic (check out that big chunk on the side). The two nights in the fridge really gave the garlic it’s chance to really marinade into the burger. I’m currently chopping gum at a rabbit’s pace to calm the garlicness in my mouth down.

IMG_4358

Yucca fries with extra ketchup helped too.

IMG_4350

Guess what we’re doing this weekend?!?!

MagicKingdomFun

We’re going to Disney World with two of our favorite bears (Ashley & Bo)!

Derek and I had a blast visiting Ashley and Bo in NYC over labor day (Recaps Here, Here, Here, Here, Here, Here, Here, Here, and Here), but now it’s our turn to show them how it’s done Orlando style.

Yay!

(probably my fave photo of all time – notice how I’m chugging olive oil 😉 )

1 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 13, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I’m so jealous! I miss having a Disney pass. I’ve never been to Disney World before, but if I’m ever in Florida, that’s the first place I’m going 🙂
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

2 Michelle January 13, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Ive never been to disneyworld. I’d love to go one day
Michelle recently posted..Hes Home From Iraq!!!

3 Kelly January 13, 2011 at 2:26 pm

So exciting! Have fun!
Kelly recently posted..Roommate Night

4 Ali @ Ali on the Run January 13, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Haha you guys are cute — love the PhotoShopping. Have so much fun!
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..To Become a Road Runner…

5 Kristy @ KristyRuns January 13, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Mmmm…garlic’s so good, it’s worth the stinky breath. Your co-workers only have 1.5 days left you, so they won’t mind one bit I’m sure. 🙂

Awww, snap! Sounds like a blast!
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Blizzard of 2011

6 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 13, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Hahahahaha I love the photoshopping! Have fun! Run through the castle for me! 😉 … It was so much fun doing it last Saturday! 😀 I feel like every single time I go to Disney now, I will run through the castle, whether it’s a race or not. 😉

7 Sarah (Sarah Learns) January 13, 2011 at 2:37 pm

yum. your burger looks extra delicious today. and it sounds like you guys are going to have an awesome long weekend! i’ve never been to disney, but it’s on my bucket list.
Sarah (Sarah Learns) recently posted..sloppy joes like you’ve never seen them before

8 Amanda @ JustAmandaJ January 13, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Even with the huge hunk of garlic that burger still looks tasty! Have fun at Disney, I’m sure with your group you will! I can’t wait to move back to FL and get annual passes to my fav parks.
Amanda @ JustAmandaJ recently posted..New Year Revelations and Goals

9 Rebekah @Rebeltarian January 13, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Fun! Enjoy it!
Rebekah @Rebeltarian recently posted..From Almond Butter to Chickpeas

10 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] January 13, 2011 at 2:49 pm

That Photoshopped picture is hilarious. Why are you inappropriately touching Ashley?! :p

Milk gets rid of garlic breath! Go get yourself some dairy!
suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] recently posted..Creatively Paying It Forward – 2011

11 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 13, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Looks a bit like you’re grabbing “Ashley’s” chest inappropriately 😛

12 Kaitlin January 13, 2011 at 3:08 pm

HA! Love your photoshop job of someone else’s family photo! Have fun and don’t drink too much olive oil 🙂
Kaitlin recently posted..Two Tutorials

13 Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen January 13, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Yucca…more like YUMma…

(Sorry…I couldn’t help myself.)
Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen recently posted..Kid Tested

14 Kacy January 13, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I did the same thing with leftovers last week, but I think I’ve finally got them eaten down 🙂
Kacy recently posted..Purse lockdown

15 Kara January 13, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I remember ordering a pizza one time that had whole roasted garlic cloves on it. My husband (bf at the time) at it and were MISERABLE the rest of the night! Ugh, garlic overload. Sometimes gum just doesn’t cut it!

I’m so jealous of how often you get to go to Disney World 🙂
Kara recently posted..Running errands with a baby is never boring

16 MaryBe@AccidentallyVegan January 13, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I had the hummus plate at a restaurant last Friday…Holy Garlic! At least I didn’t have to worry about vampires (dammit!)
MaryBe@AccidentallyVegan recently posted..Please Enter My First Contest and Giveaway!

17 Christin@purplebirdblog January 13, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I haven’t been to Disneyworld since I was 11-12 and I would love to go again!! Have a great time!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..An Exciting Tuesday

18 Katie January 13, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Disneyworld is the BEST! We are hoping to go again next year, this year with the honeymoon , we dont have the money for another trip! Love the photoshop action, I saw your tweet about it and now I see what you were doing! lol! love it!
Katie recently posted..Coconut Berry On my Oats

19 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 13, 2011 at 3:47 pm

JEALOUS! I last went to DisneyWorld when I was 9, and I miss it!! Boo 🙁

Have a great time! And I love the picture! 😀
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Chocolate covered day

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 13, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Have fun at Disney!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..bananas

21 Maryann January 13, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Lucky you, have fun!!
Maryann recently posted..What a Deal!

22 emily January 13, 2011 at 3:56 pm

hope you have fun at disney world..it’s been forever since I’ve been there!
emily recently posted..winter- etc

23 Caitlin T January 13, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I just read somewhere that drinking milk helps get rid of garlic breathe faster than gum!
Caitlin T recently posted..Oh haiiiii

24 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) January 13, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Have Fun!!!

The Yucca fries with extra ketchup look extra amazing!

Love all the pics of you here 🙂
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Fast- Easy- &amp Healthy Snack Ideas

25 Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy January 13, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I thought that olive oil was white wine. I was like oh geez I’m glad I’m not the only drinker who blogs, but then it was olive oil…

Leftovers are the BEST! I can never contain myself to save them for another meal. That’s why I usually cook just enough to eat.
Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy recently posted..5 miles! Check!

26 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep January 13, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Have so much fun!!! I used to be a cast member. If I still was, I would have offered up the free tickets this morning when you asked on FB.
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..A Vacation Doesn’t Get Any Better Than This

27 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 13, 2011 at 4:24 pm

oooh what fun!!!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..ACT Sprint Distance Triathlon – race recap

28 Lacey @ Lake Life January 13, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I know how you feel about the fridge packed full of food. I go through cooking “spurts” and will have a full fridge for a week then get sick of cooking and have an empty fridge for 2 weeks!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..The Dehydration Station

29 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 13, 2011 at 4:39 pm

SO jealous you’re off to Disney!! I’ve only been once in my life and it was when I was about 10 but I’d so love to go back. Going to read your recaps now!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Lunch Prep Extravaganza

30 melissa January 13, 2011 at 4:53 pm

very jealous, have fun
melissa recently posted..Phases and Goals

31 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 13, 2011 at 5:12 pm

That sounds fun!

And I’d love that super garlic burger 🙂

32 Morgan January 13, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Meghann, I love you & your blog, but “left overs” is actually just one word, not two :).

33 Ann January 13, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Haha who did you Photoshop your faces onto?? Have fun!
Ann recently posted..First Step to my 2011 Goal!

34 rebecca lustig January 13, 2011 at 5:40 pm

i feel like id have a totally different yet remarkable experience if i went back to disney world with friends! maybe a spring break trip in the near future..

have fun!

p.s. i love garlic. can never get enough of it tha

35 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 13, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Dude, garlic is awesome 😉

36 Sana January 13, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Bahahha your hands are on Ashley’s chest!! Lol chugging oil!
Sana recently posted..Can I tell you a secret

37 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) January 13, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I want to try yucca fries – they look super good!

Have fun! (:

38 Kaitlin With Honey January 13, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I feel for ya… it’s so much rougher to be the one with garlic breath than to have people around you that have it!

39 Paula January 13, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Hey, stop groping Ashley! lol

Interesting about milk vs. garlic breath. I didn’t know that.

40 Ashley January 13, 2011 at 8:23 pm

It’s probably too late for this but I read if you want to get rid of bad breath and mint would work better because gum will just make your mouth secrete more saliva leading to smellier breath.
Ashley recently posted..Breakfast of Champions

41 BroccoliHut January 13, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Haha, I’m very familiar with the annoyance of garlic breath. I make homemade hummus with fresh garlic often enough to know how nasty it can be!
BroccoliHut recently posted..On Pregnancy

42 Rachel January 13, 2011 at 8:56 pm

All of your trips to theme parks kill me. I will always love disney and universal and I am so jealous that you get to experience them so often!
Rachel recently posted..Best 2 days ever