Blogger Hotspot

by Meghann on January 13, 2011

Fact:

Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 10.10.01 PM.png

Sweet!

Other bonuses?

• Random projects stop landing on your desk
  • You stop being CCed on every single e-mail that is sent in the office
  • Everyone stops by your desk and tells you how awesome you are and really boosts your self esteem

Good thing too. Because I have senioritis. Big time.

One more day!!! Ahhhhhh!!!

I tried my hardest to concentrate and get work done, but obviously – I was distracted by this.

Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 10.19.05 PM.png

You should really follow Derek and I on twitter. We’re a blast!

I had a Cranberry Walnut Kashi bar as a snack mid-afternoon, but wasn’t a fan of the fruity cranberry flavoring. ick.

I do not recommend the Cranberry Walnut Kashi Bar. No, I do not.

My dinner plans tonight included a lovely meal with these GORGEOUS ladies at Seasons 52.

seasons52011.jpg

Gabriela, Julie, Me, Megan, and Katy

I don’t know what it is, but Seasons 52 has become our favorite ‘blogging restaurant’ in Orlando.

For example:

Just to name a few… πŸ˜‰

Tonight we were celebrating Gabriela’s visit to the area as well as my new venture!

seasons52007.jpg

seasons52009.jpg

I kept dinner simple by ordering two appetizers in the place of a meal.

The Lamb Gyro Flatbread

And the small Spinach Salad.

Two small dishes = One perfect meal. πŸ™‚

The best part about Season’s 52 is the dessert, right?

Well, yea…. but we had other plans.

Look! What are the odds? πŸ˜‰

And now you know my dirty little secret… my handwriting blows. Le sigh.

We joined Orlando superstars Jeanette, Katy, Bess, and Kiran for dessert at Menchi’s down the street from Seasons 52.

I know. I know. We gave up Seasons 52 for Menchies?!? What were we thinking?!?

I blame the toppings. They call my name! πŸ˜‰

So much fun. Love all these girls. Every single one of them. πŸ™‚

Time to get some rest before the big day! Woop! Woop!

1 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 13, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I loved seeing you tonight!! And I’m glad I got to try Menchie’s…you do know what’s up in the toppings department. Enjoy your last day tomorrow- wheeeee!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Orlando- Blogger Style

2 Alicia at Poise in Parma January 13, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I admit: I went to both Seasons 52 & Menchie’s this past weekend while in Orlando after seeing it on your blog so often. I WISH Cleveland would get it together and get more than ONE frozen yogurt place!
Alicia at Poise in Parma recently posted..OBA – Cleveland Social Hour Reminder for January

3 Bess January 13, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Had fun tonight, ladies! And, Meghann, you are a fast blogger! πŸ˜‰

4 Molly January 13, 2011 at 10:49 pm

LOVE this. I need some more frozen yog in my life. Happy last day of work!
Molly recently posted..A foodies dream

5 Sana January 13, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Congrats! Way to celebrate in styleee!
Sana recently posted..Can I tell you a secret

6 Lacey @ Lake Life January 13, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Your chalk-writing does kind of look like it was done by a five year old that has to write “I will not kick the other kids” over and over on the chalk board πŸ˜‰

Good luck tomorrow!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..The Dehydration Station

7 Amanda @ Eating Up January 13, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Have a good last day of work!
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Four Your Information

8 Kiran January 13, 2011 at 10:52 pm

It was awesome meeting you and every one else tonight. We must do it again ( biweekly probably πŸ˜‰ ) Have fun on your last day, and cheers to a new and great beginning!

9 Kelly January 13, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Enjoy your last day! I probably would have gotten dessert at both places,haha.
Kelly recently posted..Roommate Night

10 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 13, 2011 at 11:02 pm

When I was in Orlando last week I was going to have a blogger- meet up at Seasons 52… but they didn’t have a time until 9:15! No bueno since I had ran the 1/2 Marathon Saturday morning… maybe next time I’m in the area because it looks DELICIOUS! πŸ˜€

11 Christin@purplebirdblog January 13, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Have a wonderful LAST DAY!!!! πŸ˜€
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Snacky Snacky

12 Julie @ Wearing Mascara January 13, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Good luck tomorrow πŸ™‚ Enjoy the moment!

13 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) January 13, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Menchies was definitely a good call! (:

14 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 13, 2011 at 11:08 pm

So cool to see all you girls together! Looks like a good time:)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Shopping Spree

15 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat January 13, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Looks delicious! The more I read your blog, the more I want to move to Orlando and eat at all of these wonderful places!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Who Loves Going to the Dentist

16 Kareen January 13, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Have a great last day at work tomorrow!
Your blouse looks really nice! Where did you get it?

17 Brittany January 13, 2011 at 11:21 pm

MENCHIES? I’ve never heard of it. but it looks wonderful. is that caption crunch i see? good call! haha you ladies look great btw.

18 Raya @ RayaRuns January 13, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Awwwwwww, looks like so much fun!!! Wish I could have been there!!
Raya @ RayaRuns recently posted..The Help

19 Christine January 14, 2011 at 12:06 am

Kashi’s TLC Dark Chocolate and Coconut are THE best. I could eat three a day.
Christine recently posted..Ill Take the Jack with a Side of Shrooms- Please

20 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 14, 2011 at 12:10 am

I just commented on Gabriela’s post…it looks like sooo much fun!

I want to come to Orlando and party with you girls and go out for more than fro-yo. Like some drinks and dancing!

πŸ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Grocery Runs- You Should Try

21 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! January 14, 2011 at 12:24 am

What a fun dinner!! I promise my handwriting is worse than yours!! I even tried taking classes to improve it once- no luck! Oh well!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Try This Thursday

22 Allison @ Happy Tales January 14, 2011 at 1:12 am

Girl, your handwritin’ is fiiiine! I’ve seen much, much worse (ahem, like my mom’s)… so glad you girls had fun!
Allison @ Happy Tales recently posted..Just do it

23 Lauren @Hungry Dancer January 14, 2011 at 1:27 am

I loooove me some menchies! What toppings did you get?
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..The Hungry Dancer has arrived!!!

24 Laura (Starloz) January 14, 2011 at 1:33 am

what a perfect night, lovely friends & delicious eats, yummo.
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Delight

25 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 14, 2011 at 1:49 am

Frozen yogurt always wins πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

26 ezzie January 14, 2011 at 1:56 am

Menchiess! Such a cute froyo place!
ezzie recently posted..We are the Champions who eat flourless cookies

27 Mish (Pursuit of Happiness) January 14, 2011 at 2:42 am

I finished at my job today too! Such a good and cleansing feeling to walk out for the last time!

Wish we had a Seasons 52 in Australia!! Looks so good.
Mish (Pursuit of Happiness) recently posted..Think outside the CUBEicle

28 movesnmunchies January 14, 2011 at 3:47 am

ahh your froyo is amazing- i have never seen so many choices! i liked that kashi bar!! its not my fav of all bars. but i quite liked the tartness.. the choc coconut one is the best!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

29 Ali @ Ali on the Run January 14, 2011 at 5:12 am

That restaurant looks delish. Note to self: Call Meghann when I’m in Orlando πŸ˜‰ Enjoy your last day!
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..To Become a Road Runner…

30 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 14, 2011 at 6:29 am

I really want to try that place! Perhaps when I come to visit? πŸ˜‰

31 Brenna January 14, 2011 at 6:34 am

I’m starting to get really jealous of Menchies
Brenna recently posted..confessions of an expat- part ii

32 Kara January 14, 2011 at 7:06 am

My handwriting is also awful! I hate it, I wish I could have cute handwriting like some girls do. Can you even learn to fix that at this point, or is it set in stone?

Who hand writes anything anymore anyway πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Running errands with a baby is never boring

33 Ashley January 14, 2011 at 7:36 am

Good luck on your last day!!! And I didn’t understand a word of that twitter convo, if it even was a convo. I have no idea. I’m twitter illiterate.
Ashley recently posted..Breakfast of Champions

34 Allie January 14, 2011 at 7:45 am

“Senioritis” LOL. That is too funny. Hope you had a fun time with your friends and that granola bar looks EXTRA tasty!
Allie recently posted..My life in 30 days- day 28

35 Hope January 14, 2011 at 8:11 am

Enjoy your last day!! πŸ™‚ That blogger meet up looked like so much fun!! I haven’t been to Seasons 52 in such a long time! I wish there was a self service frozen yogurt place near me. They look so cool!
Hope recently posted..A Birthday Celebration &amp The Rest of The Weekend…

36 G January 14, 2011 at 8:13 am

Enjoy your last day of work today!!! How exciting!! πŸ˜€

37 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 14, 2011 at 8:23 am

Oh how fun!

Good luck with your last day πŸ˜€

38 Little Bookworm January 14, 2011 at 8:47 am

Hope you have a great last day!

39 Meg January 14, 2011 at 8:57 am

This is exactly why I LOVE blogging πŸ˜€

40 Haleigh January 14, 2011 at 9:11 am

Blogger meet ups are so much fun πŸ™‚ Seasons 52 sounds amazing! The perfect foodie desitnation, especially those little desserts! Yum!

41 Lauren @ Running Examiner January 14, 2011 at 9:17 am

I love Seasons 52! I recently went to the one in Coral Gables over the holidays. Delicious food and martinis πŸ˜‰ I like their philosophy on combining seasonal flavors and (relatively) good nutrition!

Enjoy your last day at work!
Lauren @ Running Examiner recently posted..Run in the New Year

42 jenna January 14, 2011 at 9:44 am

ugh why dont that have any menchies in New England! so jealousss!

43 Kacy January 14, 2011 at 10:57 am

That Twitter conversation was hilarious. I enjoyed it πŸ™‚

44 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 14, 2011 at 1:40 pm

What a fun meet up! I think I’m going to pretend to resign so everyone is nice to me too! πŸ™‚
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..bananas

45 melissa January 14, 2011 at 3:07 pm

why don’t nyc bloggers meet up more?!
melissa recently posted..Phases and Goals

46 Krista January 14, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Holy cow I WISH we had a Menchi’s here. That looks so good.
Krista recently posted..35 Or Less

47 Holley January 14, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Your dinner (&dessert too of course!) looks so good! I’ve always wanted to try out Seasons 52 but I’ve just never gotten around to it!
Holley recently posted..Serious Night of Relaxation