Beautiful Girl

by Meghann on January 12, 2011

A little Maddie for ya this morning.

IMG_4265

I feel like one of those Moms who are always bragging how she has the most beautiful children in the world. But, seriously, is Maddie not the most beautiful dog in the world? I’m constantly telling her how pretty she is and reminding her that she doesn’t have to change for anybody (except for that pesky ‘accident’ habit of hers). It’s good practice for when I have a little girl one day because – trust me – no matter what I know she will be the most beautiful girl in the world. 🙂

Maddie helped me complete Day 2 of Week 2 of Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack this morning. I’ve started using weights during the ‘long lever crunches’ just to step it up a notch. 🙂

I have every intention in the world of going to Dance Trance after work tonight. I’ve made plans to meet Katy there about 4 times in the last two weeks and have failed making it to any of them. Tonight is the night. I’m also hoping that since I’m putting it out there, that I will feel even more encouraged to go. 🙂

IMG_4259

Breakfast was hot, quick and delicious.

I took one apple, cubed it, and heated it in the microwave for 2 minutes with a mix of pumpkin, cinnamon, and peanut butter.

IMG_4261

Then finished it with plain yogurt and Kashi Go Lean Crisp.

IMG_4255

It was a mess, but a good mess. There’s nothing more comforting than a bowl of hot apples on a cool winter day. (especially hot apples with pumpkin and peanut butter! 😉 )

Apparently Florida is the only one of all fifty states to not have any snow reported this morning. I hope everyone is staying bundled up and warm where ever you are! 🙂

1 Evan Thomas January 12, 2011 at 9:22 am

If you’re feeling left out, I will be happy to send you some of our 12+ inches and growing snow.

2 Ann January 12, 2011 at 9:24 am

The only state with no snow?! That’s crazy! I love Maddie’s sweet face in that picture!
Ann recently posted..A New Resolution

3 Kristy @ KristyRuns January 12, 2011 at 9:25 am

I wish I could share the snow love with ya. The main reason it’s awesome —> no work. Third day. 🙂

P.S. That breakfast looks good. Messy, but good.
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Blizzard of 2011

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 12, 2011 at 9:27 am

Wow, you seem pretty convinced that you’re going to have a little girl one day.

…well I guess with the way all the plastics in the world are disrupting our hormones, odds are in your favour.

5 movesnmunchies January 12, 2011 at 9:28 am

ahaha finally someone else without snow! i was feeling left out!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

6 Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate January 12, 2011 at 9:28 am

You can definitely have some of ours. We’ve had snow on the ground for almost an entire month now with the exception of MAYBE 5 days–and I live in Virginia! Yikes.
Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate recently posted..Namaste

7 Amanda January 12, 2011 at 9:29 am

No shame in the dog love. I find myself having conversations with my pup all the time about how awesome he is. I probably give him more compliments than anyone else…oops. 🙂
Amanda recently posted..Sticking up for strangers- Healthy living blogs are not dangerous Did you ever think they were

8 Amanda January 12, 2011 at 9:29 am

Haha I tell my puppy girl that she’s the most beautiful puppy in the world too! Funny thing, I’m actually having a baby girl in March ;P All those puppy snapshots were totally just a warm up for our new addition!
Amanda recently posted..Surprise!

9 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 12, 2011 at 9:29 am

Haha I’ll gladly share some of our snow with you because we’re currently being bombarded!!! My breakfast was messy too, but sometimes those are the best ones. Have a great day Meghann! 🙂
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Lunch Prep Extravaganza

10 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. January 12, 2011 at 9:31 am

We have snow, just (thankfully) not nearly as much as we normally do this time of year. It can stay away!
Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..not a quitter anymore

11 Amanda (Eating Up) January 12, 2011 at 9:39 am

That looks like a beautiful, delicious mess! Have a good Wednesday!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Four Your Information

12 jen @ taste life January 12, 2011 at 9:50 am

I saw that FL was the only state with no snow and I thought of you! You’re the only person I know who lives there 🙂

As for me, I’m stuck in the house for the third day and really, really hope to get out today!
jen @ taste life recently posted..A Blizzard With Spinach

13 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans January 12, 2011 at 9:55 am

I just tried 6 Weeks to 6 Pack last night after I read it here. It was tough, but in a good way!!

Maddie is a cutie!

14 Errign January 12, 2011 at 9:58 am

Where I live in New England, we have about 6 inches so far…
Errign recently posted..Skinny jeans &amp shoes!

15 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 12, 2011 at 9:59 am

I’m DYING to try Dance Trance- hopefully I can fit a class in while I’m in Orlando! Can’t wait to see you tomorrow!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Hummus Yummus

16 Erika @ FoodFitnessFun January 12, 2011 at 9:59 am

That breakfast looks delicious. Actually, it almost looks like the breakfast I had this morning. What a coincidence! 🙂
Erika @ FoodFitnessFun recently posted..White Chicken Chili

17 Green Dog Wine January 12, 2011 at 10:00 am

Maddie is the most beautiful JTR girl in the world! 😛 (get it?) 🙂 Give that sweet little pupper a kiss for me!

18 student22 January 12, 2011 at 10:06 am

Where is DT? I’ve been dying to try it.

19 Krystina (Basil & Wine) January 12, 2011 at 10:07 am

Where is DT? I’ve been dying to try it. 😀
Krystina (Basil & Wine) recently posted..Incommunicato

20 Meghann January 12, 2011 at 4:49 pm

There’s on in college park

21 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 12, 2011 at 10:14 am

Since all other 49 states have snow I was half expecting to wake up and see it here too!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Cross My Heart

22 Natalie January 12, 2011 at 10:14 am

Breakfast looks yummy!

So that means Hawaii has snow?? That doesn’t make sense? Hmmmm

23 Meghann January 12, 2011 at 11:40 am
24 Jennie @ Designed to be Fit January 12, 2011 at 10:15 am

I feel the same way about my puppies! I tell them each individually how pretty they are. 🙂
Jennie @ Designed to be Fit recently posted..Working from Home

25 ashleigh January 12, 2011 at 10:15 am

I always brag about my beautiful kitties too 🙂
ashleigh recently posted..Half Homemade

26 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life January 12, 2011 at 10:17 am

I heard that about the snow–amazing! I’m heading to FL this weekend and hoping it stays snow-free!

27 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) January 12, 2011 at 10:19 am

Hot, quick and delicious? Sounds perfect! (:
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..Breakfast

28 Jules January 12, 2011 at 10:21 am

Hello, I’ve never commented but I love your blog. I have recently started working an office job. I know you’ll soon be fleeing your “office life” but before you go, I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a typical weekday “day-in-the-life” post, including your wake-up time, eating times/meals, getting-ready routine, etc??? Thanks so much!

29 Meghann January 12, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Hi Jules!

here’s a post about my morning routine

and here’s one about lunch 🙂

30 Hope January 12, 2011 at 10:23 am

You are so lucky that you don’t have to deal with the snow! It is a mess here! I hate driving in the snow. Love Maddie! She is so cute!!! 🙂
Hope recently posted..A Birthday Celebration &amp The Rest of The Weekend…

31 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 12, 2011 at 10:28 am

That’s so crazy Florida was the only state without snow yesterday! I am bundled, for sure 🙂
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Blackberry Oat Muffins

32 Allison @ PickyEatingRD January 12, 2011 at 10:28 am

Omg are you serious? I need to live in Florida because the snow here is ridiuclous. It is making my commute pretty miserable. On a pos. note your breakfast looks delicious!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..Being Home

33 Amy January 12, 2011 at 10:29 am

What about Hawaii? I bet they don’t have snow!

Your little Maddie IS super cute. I feel the same way about my kitties. 🙂
Amy recently posted..2011 reading list

34 Meghann January 12, 2011 at 11:41 am
35 Amy January 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Aaaah crazy!!!!
Amy recently posted..2011 reading list

36 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 12, 2011 at 10:37 am

So Hawaii has snow? LOL.

37 Meghann January 12, 2011 at 11:41 am
38 VeggieGirl January 12, 2011 at 10:39 am

Maddie is a doll! 😀
VeggieGirl recently posted..Mission- NYE in NYC – Part 1 2 Short Videos!

39 Kara January 12, 2011 at 10:43 am

I’m always telling my baby girl that she’s so pretty too. I also tell that to the dog 😛
Kara recently posted..Teething toast

40 Kelly January 12, 2011 at 10:48 am

Haha Maddie is very pretty. So crazy that Florida is the only state that didn’t get snow yesterday. Well I’m guessing Hawaii didn’t either, but still.
Kelly recently posted..Roommate Night

41 Meghann January 12, 2011 at 11:42 am

They did get it http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=13829826 Hawaii has something Florida doesn’t – mountains!

42 Brittaney @ thegirlthatcantcook January 12, 2011 at 10:49 am

Maddie is so cute. I always tell my husband when we have kids they’re going to be so conceited because I’m always telling my dog how beautifuls he is.

43 Mimi January 12, 2011 at 10:55 am

Ok, I give you a ton of credit for (potentially) going to Dance Trance. I’m so uncoordinated it’s not even funny!
Mimi recently posted..Hit me with your best shot

44 Courtney Smith January 12, 2011 at 10:58 am

I just saw your tweet about the new series regarding job candidate selection and I cannot wait!
Courtney Smith recently posted..Cold- cold go away

45 Meghann January 12, 2011 at 11:42 am

I’m excited too 🙂

46 Rae January 12, 2011 at 11:01 am

Cmon, I bet those Hawaains dont have snow 😛

Officially jealous…we have a blizzard up here in NY!!
Rae recently posted..An anemenemenoe

47 Bekah - runtrackmind January 12, 2011 at 11:17 am

Ok, so I will give you that Mattie is a cutie, but only a close second to my Noahie girl. 😉 A doggie mom always defends her own, right? LOL

Just did my 2nd day of week 1 of JM’s 6 week 6 pack….great workout!
I heard that about FL being the only state without snow, how lucky are you!?! Crazy that Hawaii even saw flurries on the Mauna Kea volcano. Enjoy your sunshine for the rest of the country.

48 Lauren @ Running Examiner January 12, 2011 at 11:24 am

I constantly tell my dog that he’s handsome and perfect 🙂 It certainly cannot hurt to pay your puppy compliments!
Lauren @ Running Examiner recently posted..Run in the New Year

49 Sarah (Sarah Learns) January 12, 2011 at 11:26 am

maddie IS a gorgeous girl! 🙂 we only got a couple inches of snow in madison, wi. that’s nothing for us!
Sarah (Sarah Learns) recently posted..thoughts on meditation

50 Maryann January 12, 2011 at 11:34 am

Yum that sounds like my kind of breakfast! Have fun at dance trance tonight!
Maryann recently posted..What a Deal!

51 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 12, 2011 at 11:36 am

California may be getting snow- but not here 🙁
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

52 gina (fitnessista) January 12, 2011 at 11:37 am

have so much fun at DT! you’ll LOVE it 🙂

53 Kristina @ Life as Kristina January 12, 2011 at 11:40 am

Love the blog! And I would be more than happy to send over some snow!!!!
Kristina @ Life as Kristina recently posted..Bellini’s- Pasta- and Cobbler…yes please

54 Catherine @ Life 2.0 January 12, 2011 at 11:52 am

I started 6 week 6 pack on Monday…holy sore abs!!! I’m so impressed that you are using weights to kick it up a noch, I’m just hoping to be able to do it tonight…stilll soooo soooore!

55 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life January 12, 2011 at 12:04 pm

No snow here is central Texas… Not sure about the rest of the state though, I hear it’s pretty big. 😉
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Now back to your regularly scheduled programing

56 Rebekah @Rebeltarian January 12, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Kashi is my go-to topping for everything!
Rebekah @Rebeltarian recently posted..From Almond Butter to Chickpeas

57 Christin@purplebirdblog January 12, 2011 at 12:24 pm

My little boy dog is an equal opportunity humper (male and females dogs), so I’ve been able to practice the “mommy accepts your bisexuality” talk with him!! 😉
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Jam-Filled Deliciousness

58 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 12, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I thought I was over my pumpkin obsession, but you’ve helped to remind me that I am not. I must go get another can!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..bananas

59 Katherine: Unemployed January 12, 2011 at 1:07 pm

aren’t all messes beautiful? very poetic 🙂
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Rascal Flatts

60 Katie January 12, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Maddie is just simply adorable!

Have agreat day and hope you make it to dance trance! Its awesome! Im a dance trance instructor, and you will absolutely love the workout, fun, and booty shaking! xo
Katie recently posted..Coconut Berry On my Oats

61 Kelly January 12, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I keep hearing different stats on the snow. Is it 48 or 49? Does Hawaii have snow? It was really hard to leave the sunny weather in Orlando yesterday and return to icy NC today. :/
Kelly recently posted..Oatmeal lover or not

62 Jen January 12, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Maddie is so cute! I’m always telling my daughter how she is so pretty and always will be beautiful 🙂

Your breakfast looks incredible!!!

Jen
Jen recently posted..Essence on Main

63 Lacey @ Lake Life January 12, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Maddie IS a beautiful girl. Good luck with Dance Trance! I have no idea what that is exactly, but good luck still 🙂
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..The Dehydration Station

64 Carla @ Will Run for Health January 12, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Maddie is precious! She looks so lady like in every picture. I guess that is because I have a boy dog (a yorkie) and he has a very masculine face/personality. I’ve never tried Dance Trance before but it sounds like a blast! Wish my gym would offer one!
Carla @ Will Run for Health recently posted..Irish Oats &amp January Goals

65 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 12, 2011 at 4:14 pm

aww Maddie really is too adorable 🙂
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..ACT Sprint Distance Triathlon – race recap

66 natalie (the sweets life) January 12, 2011 at 4:15 pm

enjoy your non-snow! It is bitterly cold and snowy in the midwest! I’d love to be in FL right now 🙂
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Life Cereal Snack Mix