more ยป" />

Cheesy Burger

by Meghann on January 11, 2011

I’ve got a cheeseburger for you that will knock your socks off.

If you follow my blog you know that I tend to follow veggie heavy diet, but lately I’ve been enjoying the extra punch of meat in my diet. And tonight the idea of a burger and fries was making my mouth water.

Extra Cheesy Turkey Burger

• 1/2 lb Ground Turkey
  • 1/4 cup Flax Seed
  • 2 T Soy Sauce
  • 2 crushed Garlic Cloves
  • 1/4 small Red Onion Chopped
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar

Combine all of the above and form two patties. I grilled mine on the George Forman then topped with ketchup, mustard, and lettuce.

Extra cheesey was right – this burger was exploding with cheese in the best possible way. The addition of the cheese to actual patty kept the turkey burger (which has a tendency to dry out) nice and moist. Yum! ๐Ÿ™‚

The Yucca Fries on the side were as close as I could get to french fries. Just as delicious – I assure you.

Chocolate Dessert.

Earlier this afternoon I ran into a little problem with my carrots.

Or should I say my frozen carrots.

My office fridge is now playing tricks on me too? Oh well. I still ate them – ice and all – with peanut butter. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have you heard?

Plans for the Healthy Living Summit are on their way! Be sure to follow the summit on Twitter at @HLSummit and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/HealthyLivingSummit) for all the latest details!

And if you’re interesting in sponsoring this year’s summit send me an e-mail at healthylivingsummit@gmail.com for more details!! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Ali @ Ali on the Run January 11, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Those burger photos are mouth watering. I have been SERIOUSLY craving a good, juicy burger lately. Might need to indulge that craving sooner rather than later…

So excited about HLS! Can’t wait to learn more details.
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..To Become a Road Runnerโ€ฆ

2 Amanda (Eating Up) January 11, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I had a turkey burger tonight too, and it was delicious! I’ve also had problems with my fridge freezing my food. Frozen carrots and frozen spinach are not fun things to deal with, I have learned.
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Four Your Information

3 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 11, 2011 at 9:25 pm

St. Louis, St. Louis, St. Louis ๐Ÿ˜€

Yummy burger!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Blackberry Oat Muffins

4 Danielle January 11, 2011 at 9:26 pm

YUM. I’ll have to try mixing cheese with turkey for burgers…that is a great way to avoid drying it out.

5 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 11, 2011 at 9:26 pm

SOOOO excited about HLS ’11!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..bananas

6 Sarah (Sarah Learns) January 11, 2011 at 9:26 pm

mmm, that burger is making my mouth water! i eat a LOT of veggies too, but every now and then a girl needs some meat! (twss…)
Sarah (Sarah Learns) recently posted..thoughts on meditation

7 Sarah (Sarah Learns) January 11, 2011 at 9:29 pm

also, is hls going to be in chicago again? that’d be really cool if it was! ๐Ÿ™‚
Sarah (Sarah Learns) recently posted..thoughts on meditation

8 Michelle January 11, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Looks sooo good
Michelle recently posted..Homecoming Time

9 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 11, 2011 at 9:40 pm

YAYYYY so excited for HLS ’11!! Our fridge freezes things too. I ate a frozen onion in a salad yesterday. It was interesting.
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Hummus Yummus

10 Jill January 11, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Have you ever tried mixing in a little Worcestershire sauce in with your burger mixtures? I do this with turkey burgers in the summer on the grill and it’s excellent. Adds a little depth of flavor to the turkey while not adding any fat. Delish!

11 Maryann January 11, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Ah the George Foreman is my long lost friend that I was happy to reconnect with today. Seriously love that thing!
Maryann recently posted..What a Deal!

12 Jenna @Eating Green, Staying Lean January 11, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I’m SO SO excited for the Healthy Living Summit this year and will definitely be making every effort to get myself there! Do you know any dates yet?
Jenna @Eating Green, Staying Lean recently posted..Surf โ€˜nโ€™ Turf Stir Fry!

13 Jenna @Eating Green, Staying Lean January 11, 2011 at 10:05 pm

P.S. What about doing HLS in DC? ๐Ÿ™‚
Jenna @Eating Green, Staying Lean recently posted..Surf โ€˜nโ€™ Turf Stir Fry!

14 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 11, 2011 at 10:13 pm

I had a turkey burger tonight too ๐Ÿ˜‰

15 Lacey @ Lake Life January 11, 2011 at 10:54 pm

A burger is never the same without cheese! ๐Ÿ™‚
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..The Dehydration Station

16 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 11, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Can’t wait to hear more about HLS!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

17 Hannah (Running In Freedom) January 11, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Carrots and peanut butter is so good! My family thinks im crazy but I swear it’s good! ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! January 11, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I’ve never trien Yucca fries!! They sound interesting!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Weekend Fun!

19 Sana January 11, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Did the carrots taste like popcicles?
Sana recently posted..Can I tell you a secret

20 Melissa January 11, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Can’t wait to hear more about the hls, just liked on fb!

21 Brittaney@ the girl that can't cook January 11, 2011 at 11:38 pm

That looks so delicious!

P.S. The Healthy Living Summit should be brough to Texas. Everything bigger in Texas ๐Ÿ™‚
Brittaney@ the girl that can’t cook recently posted..Eat More- Get More

22 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 11, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Any word on where the HLS will be this year?
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

23 Mary January 12, 2011 at 12:35 am

Those yucca fries look delicious. I’ve never attempted to cook/roast/do anything other than look at a yucca. How do you make the fries (i.e. peel/not peel, seasoning, roasting time, etc.)?

24 Mimi January 12, 2011 at 12:42 am

Poor carrots! I always seem to have that problem when things get pushed to the back of my fridge.

I’m excited to learn more about the HLS!
Mimi recently posted..Hit me with your best shot

25 Marina January 12, 2011 at 1:25 am

Turkey burgers with cheese are awesome.
Once again, I’m sad because I don’t live it the States ๐Ÿ™ HLS
Marina recently posted..Holidays are over –

26 Christin@purplebirdblog January 12, 2011 at 1:30 am

I am dying to try some yucca fries!!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Jam-Filled Deliciousness

27 Whitney January 12, 2011 at 6:55 am

I hate when that happens to my fruit and vegetables!
Whitney recently posted..New Year- Great Start

28 Katie January 12, 2011 at 8:21 am

the burger looks awesome! I actually want to make some turkey meatballs soon! Frozen carrots still good, just a little frost bitten, lol!

SO excited to hear where the HLS will be, I really want to go this year! xo
Katie recently posted..Coconut Berry On my Oats

29 Jennie @ Designed to be Fit January 12, 2011 at 9:16 am

I sold my George Foreman grill when I moved to Florida and I regret it sooo much! I’ll have to put it on my Valentine’s gift list for the husband. ๐Ÿ™‚
Jennie @ Designed to be Fit recently posted..Working from Home

30 Brittney January 12, 2011 at 9:32 am

Yeah, I’ve been craving burgers lately too. I had a black bean burger last night and it was pretty good, but I think I’m going to need some meat soon as well! I think Maddie is a gorgeous little girl. She’s SO CUTE ๐Ÿ™‚

31 Kacy January 12, 2011 at 10:50 am

I love a good burger! Adding cheese is a great idea.
Kacy recently posted..Purse lockdown

32 LauraJayne January 12, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Those Yucca fries look delicious! I am trying to decide about the Healthy Living Summit – but I think you are doing a wonderful job with organization!
LauraJayne recently posted..The Difference between โ€œLazyโ€ and โ€œRecoveryโ€

33 Sarah (Sarah Learns) January 14, 2011 at 10:21 pm

i just had to tell you that my fiance and i made these burgers tonight. oh em gee yum! we didn’t have the onion, so we added a little extra garlic and it was perfect! thanks for a great recipe. ๐Ÿ™‚
Sarah (Sarah Learns) recently posted..letโ€™s get organizedโ€ฆorganized