more ยป" />

I love last minute plans

by Meghann on January 9, 2011

Last night at 10:00pm my friend Megan and I were g-chatting about how cool we were for staying home on a Saturday night (because we were – duh!) when Megan asked what my plans were for the morning. She had 8miles to conquer and wanted company. I had just run 8 miles that morning, but I was free to do 4! So, we made plans to meet approximately 8 hours later for our first run together in…umm… a year?

Actually a year ago today we were running the Disney marathon together and I think that was the last time we ran together. After the marathon I went on to do crazy runner things and Megan went on to recover from a serious injury that benched her for far too long. But, now she’s back and more motivated than ever to be the best runner she can be. Megan rocks.

We met at one of my favorite running spots and ran the 4 miles together while filling each other in with this and that. Having a running buddy really makes the miles fly by/ I felt like it took us 10 minutes to run 4, not 36.

After the 4 Megan went on to finish her 8 and I went home to make an especially decadent breakfast.

French toasty stuffed with ricotta cheese, honey, chocolate chips, and blueberries with a drizzle of syrup and mores blueberries on top.

Oh, yeah – it tasted just as amazing as it sounds. ๐Ÿ˜‰

It was really easy to do. I started with the two slices of french toast. Made a filling of ricotta cheese, honey, chocolate chips, and blueberries. Sandwiched the filling between the two pieces of french toast then heated it on the stove for a couple of minutes (until the chocolate melted). I topped it all off with the syrup and blueberries.

It was delicious. A must try! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m off to spend the day with my family at Universal. We’re celebrating my Dad’s birthday with Harry Potter – should be fun!

1 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations January 9, 2011 at 9:26 am

This breakfast looks WONDERFUL. I’m anticipating my work being closed tomorrow due to the southern storm tonight, and this might be the perfect Snow Day Breakfast Special. Thanks.
Michele @ Healthy Cultivations recently posted..Fudgy Oats &amp Letting Our Lights Shine

2 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 9, 2011 at 9:27 am

Sounds like a fun run! I love running with friends! ๐Ÿ™‚

The breakfast looks delish! I’m craving blueberries now…!

Have fun with your dad at Harry Potter! I REALLY want to go there- looks amazing! ๐Ÿ˜€

3 kristy @ kristyruns.com January 9, 2011 at 9:28 am

Sounds like fun! Boy! You sure to take advantage of living in Orlando …as you should! ๐Ÿ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..1-1-11

4 Dori January 9, 2011 at 9:29 am

That French Toast! My stomach is grumbling so this is especially taunting me. Going to my friend’s for brunch at 11!
Dori recently posted..New Years Blogger Style

5 Kate January 9, 2011 at 9:42 am

REALLY shouldn’t have read this post while eating my breakfast…yours looks AMAZING and puts my cranberry oatmeal to shame!

6 Christine January 9, 2011 at 9:43 am

Wow! It sounds like a “must try” for sure. Ricotta, chocolate chips, and blueberries?! Sign me up!

7 michelle January 9, 2011 at 9:43 am

I am so going to make that for breakfast after my run.
michelle recently posted..12 mile long run

8 Meghan@travelwinedine January 9, 2011 at 9:43 am

Yum. I am making pumpkin ricotta stuffed French toast this morning and can’t wait!
Meghan@travelwinedine recently posted..Adding in Protein

9 Lindsey January 9, 2011 at 9:46 am

Breakfast looks delish… my mind is now full of things to stuff french toast with ๐Ÿ™‚ Have fun at Universal!
Lindsey recently posted..Buttermilk Brined Pork Chops- and The Challenge!

10 Eliz@The Sweet Life January 9, 2011 at 9:49 am

The breakfast looks delicious! And I 100% agree that a good running buddy can help runs pass in no time. Glad you two have each other!
Eliz@The Sweet Life recently posted..How to Bake a Perfect Life

11 Fit Chick in the City January 9, 2011 at 9:49 am

Your breakfast looks amazing, what a great idea! Running with friends always makes the miles fly by. Have a great Sunday!
Fit Chick in the City recently posted..Winter Boot Camp

12 Valerie from Love and Running January 9, 2011 at 10:03 am

Love running with friends!! Running by myself feels so lonely especially on long runs!

Your breakfast looks so delicious!! Love anything with bread ๐Ÿ˜‰

Awww tell your dad Happy Birthday!!! How fun you get to hang with Harry Potter ๐Ÿ˜‰
Valerie from Love and Running recently posted..So in love

13 Amanda (Eating Up) January 9, 2011 at 10:11 am

That breakfast sounds so sweet! I love ricotta cheese.
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Beer-Cheese Bread

14 Biz January 9, 2011 at 10:20 am

Have fun with your family today! ๐Ÿ˜€
Biz recently posted..Announcing the 2011 Keep Your Resolution Giveaway!

15 movesnmunchies January 9, 2011 at 10:24 am

what a fun run! wow ricotta??? isn’t that quite sour? I’ve only ever had it in lasagna..so french toast spooks me a tad!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

16 jen @ taste life January 9, 2011 at 10:46 am

Oh my gosh, that French Toast looks like a reallllllyy good idea! Your family is so close and fun – have you guys always been that way?
jen @ taste life recently posted..One Sore Puppy

17 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 9, 2011 at 10:47 am

I love any breakfast with ricotta! YUM

Have a fun day!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Blackberry Oat Muffins

18 Ann January 9, 2011 at 10:52 am

Harry Potter- so jealous!! And that breakfast just made me want to forget the oat bran I ate thirty minutes ago and start completely over. Yum!
Ann recently posted..A Trip to Costco

19 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 9, 2011 at 10:52 am

That breakfast looks awesome! Nice work ๐Ÿ˜‰

20 VeggieGirl January 9, 2011 at 10:55 am

Have a blast at Universal!

21 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 9, 2011 at 11:02 am

You’re so lucky you live so close to Universal!! I thought my breakfast was good… until I saw yours…. is it ok to have breakfast round 2!? ๐Ÿ˜› Have a great afternoon!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Kettlebells 101

22 Kelly January 9, 2011 at 11:10 am

So jealous of how much you get to go to Universal! I need to plan a trip!
Kelly recently posted..Shop Till you Drop

23 Christin@purplebirdblog January 9, 2011 at 11:17 am

Whoa breakfast awesomeness!!! I want some!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Spent

24 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 9, 2011 at 11:49 am

I’m SO EXCITED to go to HP this week. SO excited. You have no idea. Have fun!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Hummus Yummus

25 Katie January 9, 2011 at 11:58 am

omg your breakfast sandwich looks amazing! just drooling over here!

Have fun today at Universal! What a great way to celebrate your dads birthday! I wish I lived close to there!!!

xoxo
Katie recently posted..Pita Pizza makes Happy

26 Whitney January 9, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I wish I lived in Orlando! That must be so nice to head off to the parks on a moment’s notice.
Whitney recently posted..Seven Mile Achievement

27 Ashley January 9, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I agree it does go by faster if you have a partner, also if you’re outside, I do most of my runs on the treadmill.
Ashley recently posted..I Got It

28 Stacey January 9, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I love french toast and stuffing it with cheese, honey and chocolate just sounds out of this world!! It must be really nice to have a buddy to run with and chat to. I guess you can also motivate each other when things get tough as well.
Stacey recently posted..Book Review- Leon Naturally Fast Food โ€“ Book 2

29 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 9, 2011 at 1:01 pm

that french toast looks amazing!

have a great day at Universal w/ your family!! ๐Ÿ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Pineapple Tips &amp Other Fun Tips – What are Yours

30 Kara January 9, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I so prefer doing long runs with other people! I love how you use ingredients in completely new ways that I would never consider, but now I want to try!
Kara recently posted..Workout DVD Review- Bob Harper Inside Out Method

31 Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 9, 2011 at 1:10 pm

OMG. That sounds amazing!!!
I just came back from Orlando, mainly JUST for HP, and it absolutely exceeded expectations!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Finally- the Food

32 Maryann January 9, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Breakfast looks so good! Ive never had ricotta cheese, but I always see it in sweet dishes, and I love anything sweet so I’m thinking I would like it.

Have fun at Universal!
Maryann recently posted..The Grass is Greener

33 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 9, 2011 at 1:19 pm

That breakfast does look incredible! Yum!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

34 Marina January 9, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I wish I had a running buddy!
your breakfast looks awesome
Marina recently posted..Holiday gift making –

35 Heather January 9, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I love ricotta and chocolate chips – I bet that tasted amazing between two pieces of french toast – especially if the chocolate started to melt!

Enjoy your day at Universal!
Heather recently posted..Looking for โ€œNot Floppyโ€ Waffles

36 Katherine: Unemployed January 9, 2011 at 1:40 pm

yum; I love the ends of bread! most people hate the “butt” but it’s my favorite
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Doctor Alexandre Manette

37 Lauri January 9, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Running with friends always makes the time pass faster! It pushes me harder too.

I did the Jillian Michaels 6 week 5 pack today. Oh.My.God. Hard! I don’t consider myself out of shape but I sure felt it after doing this video…I was not even coordinated enough to do tbat side plank move…Definetley a tough workout. I hate burpees!
Lauri recently posted..My year in review

38 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 9, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I wish I had read this before breakfast! I have a huge craving for French toast now!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..ACT Sprint Distance Triathlon โ€“ race recap

39 erica January 9, 2011 at 4:33 pm

that breakfast looks amazingly delicious!!!
have fun w/harry pottah!
erica recently posted..i said yes to the dress!

40 Maddie Essig January 9, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I am SO jealous that you have been to The Wizarding World multiple times and I haven’t gone once. You are totally making this South Dakota girl want to move to Florida! I went there for a family vacation May 2010 and reading your blog makes me want to go back SO BAD ๐Ÿ™‚ Have fun!!
Maddie Essig recently posted..This and that

41 Faith @ lovelyascharged January 9, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I wish blueberries weren’t in such an expensive season right now…I could totally go for some in my oatmeal!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Bottomless Pit Syndrome

42 Hilary January 9, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Mmm…that french toast sounds AWESOME! I made some tasty french toast topped with pear the other day. Just found your blog via Carrots ‘n Cake….love it! And a question about design…how did you get the custom banner at the top? Did someone else help you out with the design or did you do it yourself?
Hilary recently posted..5 foodsโ€ฆ5 days

43 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! January 9, 2011 at 5:59 pm

That look absolutely delicious! I like to put blueberries on everything! The more antioxidants the better!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Weekend Fun!

44 Tropical Eats January 9, 2011 at 6:02 pm

ahhh have fun with HP!!! Soooo jealous

45 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 9, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I would kill to live near Disney and Universald. Going to HP? Awesome.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..creamy tomato soup

46 Kaitlin January 9, 2011 at 7:55 pm

That french toast looks delicious! Hope you had fun with your dad ๐Ÿ™‚
Kaitlin recently posted..Tips for Snow Running

47 Laura January 9, 2011 at 8:09 pm

What a fabulous looking breakfast! Yum!
Hope you had a great Potter day!
Laura recently posted..Panera Bread Fuji Apple Salad

48 Kayla January 9, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I can’t wait to be able to come down and see the Harry Potter stuff. It looks so cool. And I want that breakfast. It looks so good.
Kayla recently posted..Bliss

49 Whitney January 10, 2011 at 7:20 am

impressive breakfast! I think everyone should attempt to make it. I wonder what it would taste like with banana in the ricotta mixture.
Whitney recently posted..New Year- Great Start

50 Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) January 12, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Okay, I must add ricotta to my grocery list…looks so good!!
Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) recently posted..One – OneOne – OneOne