A Year Ago This Weekend…

by Meghann on January 8, 2011

I was running the Walt Disney World Marathon.

Man, time flies.

At the time, Disney was my second marathon and since then I’ve run the Gasparilla Michelobe Challenge, my first Ultra-Marathon, Chicago, and my first Sub-4 marathon in Palm Beach. It’s hard to believe I ran 4 marathons + 1 ultra in 2010. Craziness.

I’ll admit, I’m a little jealous of all the marathoners and half marathoners running this weekend. I had originally planned on running Disney, but after two marathons back to back this fall I knew I needed a break. Disney is an awesome race though and I’m already itching to run it in 2012. πŸ˜‰

I want to wish nothing but luck to all the Disney racers this weekend. It’s a BEAUTIFUL weekend for a race. Clear skies, cool temps – way better than the sleet and icy water stations we had last year. πŸ˜‰

Oh, and if you are running, be sure to check out my tips at Central Florida Top 5. πŸ™‚

I may not be racing this weekend, but it didn’t stop me from taking advantage of the perfect weather outside this morning.

I ran 8 miles at a comfortable 9:00 min/mile pace. This was my longest run since the Palm Beach Marathon over a month ago now. My legs felt strong – it feels good to be building my numbers back up. πŸ™‚

Before my run I had a VitaTop (BOGO at Publix this week!!) with a slather of Almond Butter.

After the run I had a big bowl of juicy cantaloupe.

Topped with Almond Butter, Kashi Go Lean Crisp, and Vanilla yogurt.

Totally took advantage of the Go Lean Crisp coupon deal I found on The Krazy Coupon Lady.

IMG_3962.jpg

I scored three boxes for $4.00 when all was said and done. Woop! Woop!

I’m catching up on my DVR and just turned on the latest season of Biggest Loser. Anyone know what’s up with Bob’s hair? It looks like he’s going for a very bad comb over. I don’t like it. πŸ˜›

1 Claire January 8, 2011 at 10:30 am

I HATE his hair!! I was just commenting on that the other day, hahah. He’s so attractive, why the bad hair? I mean, it’s awful!
Claire recently posted..Superfood of the Month- Oatmeal

2 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun January 8, 2011 at 10:30 am

Haha! I have to giggle at Bob’s hair. I said the same thing when watching it with my sister earlier this week. I think I’m going to like this season’s contestants more.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..The Last Day

3 Dori January 8, 2011 at 10:33 am

Time goes way too fast!!! Nice run this morning.
Dori recently posted..New Years Blogger Style

4 Mimi January 8, 2011 at 10:34 am

Sounds weird, but I doesn’t seem like a year ago that YOU were running the Disney. Haha…
Mimi recently posted..Up in the air

5 Erika @ FoodFitnessFun January 8, 2011 at 10:36 am

3 boxes for $4?! What a bargain! πŸ˜€
Erika @ FoodFitnessFun recently posted..Pre-Game Snacks

6 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations January 8, 2011 at 10:37 am

OH WOW!!! Three boxes of Kashi for $4 is incredible! I might have to jump on the couponing wagon too.
Michele @ Healthy Cultivations recently posted..Fudgy Oats &amp Letting Our Lights Shine

7 Amanda (Eating Up) January 8, 2011 at 10:39 am

I love coupons! I’m so intrigued about how much money I can save now.
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Beer-Cheese Bread

8 Kristy @ KristyRuns January 8, 2011 at 10:39 am

Time sure does fly by! I also did 4 marathons + an ultra this year, and I know what you’re saying about needing a break from full marathons…whew!

Looks like a great start for a Saturday! πŸ™‚ About to get out there and run as well…
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..1-1-11

9 Hope January 8, 2011 at 10:39 am

That is MY FAVORITE cereal ever!! I have 6 boxes of it at my house and I am going back to get more!! Haha! I’m just a little obssessed πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Food Poisioning And BRAT…

10 Kim (Book Worm Runs) January 8, 2011 at 10:43 am

2010 was definitely a great running year for you…I can only imagine what is up your sleeve for 2011 πŸ˜‰ Oh, and way to score on the cereal! Nice!
Kim (Book Worm Runs) recently posted..Running for a Cause

11 Bobbie January 8, 2011 at 11:02 am

Yeah….Not a fan of Bob’s hair. It looks like he is trying to be like Conan O’Brien!!! Ick. Disney looks awesome. I have never run a Marathon, but I am considering Disney for next year. I am not sure how I feel about a Marathon in the cold though…..

12 D January 8, 2011 at 11:06 am

I’m running Disney tomorrow! I’m so nervous πŸ™ My knee has been acting up for a couple of weeks (and combine that with moving across the country – literally drove for 24 hours straight with all my stuff – starting grad school, and starting a new job) and I haven’t run practically at all in the last 2 weeks. My training was perfect until then but I am NERVOUS

13 Ali January 8, 2011 at 11:07 am

I loved reading your WDW Marathon recap. It is one of the marathons I have always wanted to run. It sounds like you have the perfect day ahead of you πŸ™‚

14 Runeatrepeat January 8, 2011 at 11:12 am

That pic of you bundled brings back memories. Cold, painful memories πŸ™‚
Runeatrepeat recently posted..Confession Thursday– I Want 2 Boxes of Wine

15 Sarah (Sarah Learns) January 8, 2011 at 11:18 am

nice job on the kashi deal! go lean crunch is my favorite breakfast cereal. and i hear ya on bob’s hair…. no change was needed there! he was looking good before!
Sarah (Sarah Learns) recently posted..weekend warrior

16 jen @ taste life January 8, 2011 at 11:20 am

Wow, I can’t even believe it’s been a whole year since Disney – and I didn’t even run it! I do remember all of you bloggers dealing with the awfulness of it all…glad it’s nicer for everyone running it this year.
jen @ taste life recently posted..One Sore Puppy

17 Lindsey January 8, 2011 at 11:27 am

Cantaloupe sounds so refreshing! So how many marathons do you plan on running in 2011? You are building quite an impressive race resume!
Lindsey recently posted..Buttermilk Brined Pork Chops- and The Challenge!

18 Ashley January 8, 2011 at 11:38 am

I can’t believe how many marathons you’ve done! That’s so great, I’m jealous.
Ashley recently posted..I Got It

19 MaryBe@AccidentallyVegan January 8, 2011 at 11:40 am

I was in Florida a year ago and I remember how frigid it was! Brrrr
MaryBe@AccidentallyVegan recently posted..BRB – Out in the Forest- Foraging for Nuts

20 Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate January 8, 2011 at 11:48 am

I think it’s so cool that you’ve done so many marathons! You’ve definitely inspired me to try for one soon! πŸ™‚

And I LOVEEEEEE vitatops! My favorite is the dark chocolate one! They’re so good!
Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate recently posted..Snowed In… AGAIN

21 Sana January 8, 2011 at 11:54 am

It honestly feels like yesterday when I was cheering you an the other orlando bloggers on twitter!
Sana recently posted..Can I tell you a secret

22 OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run January 8, 2011 at 11:58 am

Oh, snap! Thanks for the BOGO heads up. I’ll be going to Publix today now. πŸ™‚
OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run recently posted..One of These Things is Not Like the Other

23 Allison @ PickyEatingRD January 8, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I am watching it on DVR later today!! Ill have to watch out for his hair and let you know what I think. From what I’ve read above it looks like everyone thought it was a little off!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..Surprise Surprise

24 Kara January 8, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I’ve never seen the Biggest Loser, but I just got a Bob Harper workout DVD (the Inside Out Method). Have you ever done it? I’m going to review it on my blog tomorrow!
Kara recently posted..Cold run and the face of evil

25 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 8, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I wish I liked Go Lean Crunch or I would have stomped on that deal! I am all about the Heart to Heart πŸ˜‰

26 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 8, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I bookmarked that Krazy Koupon Lady promo too- my dad always buys his Kashi at Target! Thanks for the tip!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Hummus Yummus

27 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 8, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Nice coupons!!

Have a great weekend and enjoy your runs! πŸ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Stocking Up- What Do You Stock Up On

28 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat January 8, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Wow, I didn’t realize that you did SO many long races this year! Awesome job! What races do you have planned for this next year??
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..My Cross-Training Boredom

29 Kori January 8, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I loved reading your ultramarathon post!
Kori recently posted..2010 was a year full of stuff

30 Kailey @ Caffinated Nut January 8, 2011 at 1:52 pm

the disney marathon is def. on my bucket list – seems like an enjoyable race!!
awesome run πŸ™‚
Kailey @ Caffinated Nut recently posted..Simplicity

31 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 8, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I ran Disney this morning- my first half-marathon! πŸ˜€ Official time: 1:56:19… not the 1:55 I wanted, but I have the next race to do it- Gasparilla!!! πŸ˜€

I’m definitely doing the full Disney Marathon next year… and who knows, I may get a little “Goofy!” πŸ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..I Did It!!!!

32 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 8, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I saw that coupon but wasn’t sure I’d like the cereal. I’m having second thoughts now!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Blackberry Oat Muffins

33 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 8, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Thanks for all the tips on coupons and such- I definitely want to start taking advantage of those! I’ve been really wanting to try Vitatops, but they’re too expensive for my budget. I signed up on their website because apparently they email coupons from time to time πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

34 Katherine: Unemployed January 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm

and you even had chic running gear back then
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Doctor Alexandre Manette

35 Lee January 8, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Sweet. I need to go grocery shopping so I’ll go to Publix (as opposed to Kroger, which is a bit closer) for those Vitatops. I really like them.
Lee recently posted..Once Upon a Time- I Ran a Marathon

36 Faith @ lovelyascharged January 8, 2011 at 2:33 pm

That’s an incredible deal on Kashi! I could easily go through a box every 3-4 days, but it can add up at regular price!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Looks Like I Made It

37 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) January 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I’ve never tried a vitatop before. I might have to try them someday! And yay for good coupon deals!
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..The return of the green smoothie

38 Allie January 8, 2011 at 2:42 pm

3 boxes of any cereal for $4 is crazy, let alone Kashi! Crazy!!
Allie recently posted..My life in 30 days- day 21

39 Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 8, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I LOVE that ceral… oh so good!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Finally- the Food

40 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 8, 2011 at 3:06 pm

3 boxes for $4? You go girl!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..creamy tomato soup

41 Maryann January 8, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I love good deals! Ok now im going to go check out some of those coupon blogs you listed before πŸ™‚
Maryann recently posted..The Grass is Greener

42 Krista January 8, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Haha I totally agree with you about Bob’s hair!

43 RunningOnCoffee January 8, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Sweet deal on the Kashi cereal!! Glad to hear this weekend’s runners will have better weather than last year’s (I had a few friends running the marathon & half marathon last year).
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Recipe- Stir-Fried Shrimp and Snow Peas with Coconut Curry Sauce

44 Jena January 8, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I am definitely going to try out those Vita tops this week. I saw them on the BOGO publix had, and put them on my shopping list for tomorrow. Publix had a lot of great BOGO this week!

I’m still working on this coupon cutting thing.
Jena recently posted..Dang decisions