So Behind

by Meghann on January 7, 2011

I’m so behind this morning!

Pressing snooze too many times…

Forgetting my gate key on my run…

Responding to one too many e-mails before hopping in the shower…

Ordering photography lights off of Amazon…

Ekkkk!

I really need to get some work done.

Here’s the lowdown.

I…

…ran 3 miles on the treadmill while catching up on the morning news.

… ate a big bowl of cereal that included Kashi Go Lean, Rice Krispies, Uncle Sam Cereal, Vanilla Yogurt, Strawberries, and Fig Jam.

IMG_3888

IMG_3897

….came to work.

….shed a tear when I saw the posting for my job went up on CareerBuilder last night and started reading all the resumes flooding in. This is really happening!

Better get some real work done now.

Happy Friday everyone!!

1 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 7, 2011 at 9:55 am

Love the strawberries! I miss them. We have them at the grocery store but I would prefer organic. I also love that you mixed cereals. I’ve never done that! It sounds good though, will have to try it. Have a great day! 🙂
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Blackberry Oat Muffins

2 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 7, 2011 at 9:58 am

Should be fun to analyze all those resumes. Are you the one who gets to hire your replacement?

3 kristy @ kristyruns.com January 7, 2011 at 9:58 am

Hang in there! You’ve got great things coming your way.

P.s jam in cereal –> good idea
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..1-1-11

4 michelle January 7, 2011 at 9:59 am

I bet it’s all feeling much more real now, right? I think what you are doing is awesome and wish you nothing but the best.
michelle recently posted..Track Workout 1 and The Bachelor

5 Rachel @ Suburban Yogini January 7, 2011 at 10:01 am

Haven’t had a chance to say before but congratulations on your new career path. Going freelance can be tough but nothing beats the feeling of freedom 🙂

Go you!

6 Hope January 7, 2011 at 10:03 am

Have you tried Kashi Go Lean Crisp Berry Crunch? I am obsessed with the cereal! It is incredible. It’s on sale at Target starting on Sunday and there are some $1.00 off coupons floating around. So the box will be cheap! 🙂
Hope recently posted..Food Poisioning And BRAT…

7 Meghann January 7, 2011 at 10:04 am

I actually went to my Target yesterday with coupons in hand and they didn’t have any! I’m trying another Target tonight though 🙂

8 MaryBe January 7, 2011 at 10:06 am

You sure have had a crazy week! Maybe you can relax this weekend? Yeah right!

9 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun January 7, 2011 at 10:09 am

So good things all around in my mind – your job will go on to someone who needs it…and you get to pursue your dreams! 😀
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..The Last Day

10 Christin@purplebirdblog January 7, 2011 at 10:09 am

Those strawberries are making my mouth water! Delicious!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Two Sweet Breakfasts

11 Amanda (Eating Up) January 7, 2011 at 10:15 am

I bet this is kind of surreal. I’m so excited for you!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Beer-Cheese Bread

12 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat January 7, 2011 at 10:16 am

I have those days all the time…minus the shopping for photography lights 🙂

Hope the rest of your day is a little more relaxed!

13 Kelly January 7, 2011 at 10:18 am

Reading resumes should at least be entertaining.
Kelly recently posted..Rookie Mistake

14 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe January 7, 2011 at 10:25 am

Good luck with all your new ventures!
Alayna @ Thyme Bombe recently posted..Back in the gym

15 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food January 7, 2011 at 10:26 am

You got tons of stuff done today so far! Mine just included packing for my weekend to Otown…then walking the dog…and dreading work.

16 Beth @ DiningAndDishing January 7, 2011 at 10:26 am

I’d love to see a review of the photography lights once you get them up and running! 🙂
Beth @ DiningAndDishing recently posted..Oh Crumbs…

17 Kaitlin January 7, 2011 at 10:27 am

Those strawberries look delish! It’s almost time for strawberry season in Florida, right?
Kaitlin recently posted..1st Marathon Training Plan

18 Lindsey @ SoundEats January 7, 2011 at 10:29 am

I remember before we moved to Jax and still lived in Gainesville…they put a job notice up on craigslist just hours after I gave notice, and I was there during the whole selection and training process. It was really weird and kind of sad, because I did like that job, but I have to say – my life has been infinitely better since I took the jump and made some serious changes to my life. It’s full of hard work (school, work, etc.), but I’m pursuing a career I can’t wait to start and am currently in a job I love. It’s totally worth it. 🙂
Lindsey @ SoundEats recently posted..2010 Reflections

19 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 7, 2011 at 10:30 am

Hang in there! You will get through it!

20 Lindsey January 7, 2011 at 10:40 am

Don’t shed a tear of sadness… good things are coming your way!
Lindsey recently posted..Random Baby Cuteness

21 Brittaney @ thegirlthatcantcook January 7, 2011 at 10:48 am

I’ve always wondered if the jobs on career builder were actually legit. After college, I’ve had major trouble finding a job. I’m kind of stuck in a place (and have been here for a while) I’m not fond of and I’m not doing anythign near what I would like to be doing. I’ve been looking, but have found that on most job sites like careerbuilder and monster it seems like all the jobs are scams.

22 Marina January 7, 2011 at 11:05 am

Don’t be afraid or sad, you are going to be amazing at your future job, specially your own business! I just know it 😉
Marina recently posted..Holiday gift making –

23 Allison @ PickyEatingRD January 7, 2011 at 11:08 am

STRAWBERRIES!! Why has it felt like so long since I have had them!!! You are taking the next step and you should feel excited!!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..Calcium Supplement 411

24 Ashley January 7, 2011 at 11:08 am

I just woke up, so I’m more behind than you are. Congratulations on your new opportunities, at least some one who needs it will get your job while you get to pursue something you love.
Ashley recently posted..I Got It

25 Whitney @ Mylife.Myhear.MyJourney. January 7, 2011 at 11:11 am

I love those “AHA” moments when you’re just like WHOA…this is happening! Love the strawberries too, I’ve been eating them all week.
Whitney @ Mylife.Myhear.MyJourney. recently posted..His and Hers

26 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 7, 2011 at 11:13 am

How surreal the careerbuilder thing must have been! Yes, it’s really happening…congrats and it’s a fantastic change for you! 🙂

27 Maryann January 7, 2011 at 11:28 am

Oh gosh that must have been so hard to see others applying to your job position! But you are moving on to bigger and better things so its all good right 🙂
Maryann recently posted..The Grass is Greener

28 Kara January 7, 2011 at 11:33 am

Does your job description sound harder than your actual job? I always thought the job description made my previous jobs sound so much more complicated than they actually were!
Kara recently posted..No more Sink Song- please!

29 Meghann January 7, 2011 at 2:40 pm

It’s funny – I started reading the description and I’m like ‘man, I’m qualified to do all that’ Well, duh ! that has been ur job for the last few years. 😉

30 Natalia - a side of simple January 7, 2011 at 11:40 am

Try to have some fun with all those resumes 🙂 Maybe even share some anonymous laughs with us!
Natalia – a side of simple recently posted..on the bookshelf- sort of part III

31 Krystina January 7, 2011 at 11:44 am

I’m in love with the Florida strawberries! I picked up some from Plant City and they were so little and juicy.
Krystina recently posted..Incommunicato

32 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 7, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Your breakfast looks lovely! My morning has been super rushed as well – productive, but much busier than I like my Fridays to be! Hope you can get a chance to relax tonight!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..2011- Here I Come

33 Jessi @ Quirky Cookery January 7, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I hate mornings that start like that. They usually work out okay anyway, but the sense of rush it creates isn’t fun. 🙁
Jessi @ Quirky Cookery recently posted..Pasta snowflakes – Its not too late to make your own

34 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 7, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Do you get to choose who takes your job? That would be kind of cool 🙂
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

35 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 7, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I hate when I get behind in the mornings! It sets the day off on the wrong foot!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..afternoon achievements

36 Kacy January 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm

You’re moving on to bigger and brighter things! I understand feeling upset though. You’ve invested a lot of yourself in that position, but your new life will be so much more FUN!
Kacy recently posted..Numbness

37 Allie January 7, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Busy morning!! You have more fun jobs coming up 😉 Have a great day!!
Allie recently posted..My life in 30 days- day 21

38 Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com January 7, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I’m new here! Fill me in! Why are you leaving your job?

39 Christina January 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Awe! You’ll be fine! It’s so exciting and scary but you’ll do it!
oh and fig jam = love!
Christina recently posted..All mixed up

40 Lacey @ Lake Life January 7, 2011 at 10:09 pm

In the words of the ever-wise Samantha Jones…”Be damn sure before you get off the Ferris wheel because the women waiting to get on are 22, perky, and ruthless.”
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Reason 328793458 why I love WEGMANS