Intro to Wedding Blogs

by Meghann on January 7, 2011

Oh, yes – the title says it all. I have a list of wedding blogs down below that will make any grown girl drool.

But first – the food.

IMG_3901

Kashi had sent me some samples of their Fruit & Nut Bars. I remember when these first came out two years ago and I fell in love, but they’ve changed a bit since then. Particularly the names – the Pumpkin Pie is now Pumpkin Pecan.

IMG_3902

Also, where are the pecans? I remember there being more? Still tastes the same though – like a granola bar with a delicious pumpkin glaze on top. :)

IMG_3906

I pulled out the left over Paella today for lunch.

IMG_3908

And made a killer salad with one of the grapefruits my Dad picked straight from the tree in his backyard last night.

IMG_3910

A bed of greens topped with grapfruit, blue cheese, pecans, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. It was a delicious winter twist on one of my favorite summer salad combinations (watermelon & feta).

IMG_3917

This One’s For Ashley…

I love dreaming about my future.

My future career. My future wedding. My future babies. My future life.

Seriously, I can not wait to start blogging about any of those future milestones, but until then it’s fun to blog about other people’s adventures. ;)

Meet Ashley.

My future sister-in-law (!!)

You may remember her from such posts as…

A Magical Engagement

Or

Say Yes (Maybe) to the Dress

Ashley will be marrying my baby brother (ok, so he’s not so baby anymore) in March 2012. This gives her – what? – 15 months to plan one of the biggest days of her life?

She has her budget. She has her big book of ideas. She has her bridesmaids (well, three of us). But she has no clue where to start!

That’s where we come in.

I’m trying to introduce Ashley to the wonderful world of wedding blogs. Blogs that I’ve stayed away from in the past in fear of jinxing myself (yes, I’m one of those girls), but now – with the role of bridesmaid – have every excuse in the world to drool over.

I think I’m just as excited to start diving in as she is!

After a quick twitter call out you guys bestowed me with the following list of wedding blogs, resources, and ideas.

Whoa.

I had to step away. Just like yesterday, I feel like a new world of blogs has opened it. This. Is. Awesome!

Of course, this is just the beginning. I promise to fill you in on any upcoming adventures with Ashley, but if you have any words of advice or encouragement for her – please spill them now!

Also, if anyone knows of any great vendors, photographers, etc in the Central Florida area – please share those as well.

There’s a wedding to be planned now! Yippee!!!

1 Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 7, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Great resource, even though I’m not quite there yet :)

and YUM watermelon and feta?! I never would have put them together!! Looks amazing.

2 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 7, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I LOVE reading wedding blogs! Guilty pleasure! ;) The Knot is my current favourite!

Ashley, if you are reading this, you are gonna make one HECK of a beautiful bride, budget or no!

3 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 7, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Not going to lie, I can’t wait to get married mainly so I can plan a wedding :)

4 Madison January 7, 2011 at 2:33 pm

My favorite wedding blog, hands down, is the Southern Weddings Magazine daily blog. http://www.swsmag.net

Very clean and simple and FULL of beautiful photography. Swoooooooon!

5 Chrissy (The New Me) January 7, 2011 at 2:34 pm

A Practical Wedding is the best wedding blog around, hands down! I’ve been reading for a few months, even though I’m not engaged. (But since my relationship is eight years old and counting, I think we’re close enough!) Plus by the time I DO decide to get married, I’ll have everything figured out. That’s the plan, anyway! ;)

6 Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous January 7, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Oh my gosh thanks so much for including me in this list!

http://www.greenweddingshoes.com is also a GOOD one.

7 Jen January 7, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I got married when I was 35 for the first time – just this past June. Nineteen people (including 6 kids) were at the wedding. My mom made my wedding dress. The head custodian at my school conducted the service. I bought my cake from Whole Foods. It was outside at a park and it was perfect. I think it’s important to remember what you’re doing on your wedding day – not necessarily all the details.

8 Meghann January 7, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Sounds like a beautiful wedding :)

9 kristy @ kristyruns.com January 7, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Wow. That was intense! :) I didn’t have a big wedding or anything (I ordered my dress from jcrew and threw it on)…I should have let you plan it! Looks like you like weddings just a tad. ;)

10 Jessica January 7, 2011 at 2:40 pm

We are getting married at Dubsdread Ballroom in Orlando. I went to a tasting on Wednesday, it was amazing how well they run things there. They have all of the couples come in and they basically throw a big party. You get to try all of the food on the menu, the apps, they even have their bar open. Then they have vendors come that they highly recommend. Some offer deals. It was just soo helpful and I’m so glad I decided to get married there.

We are meeting with Chuck Johnson of Orlando Classic Disc Jockeys on Monday. He does a lot of Disney weddings and is MUCH more affordable than any DJ I’ve yet to come across. He is also ONE person so he doesn’t have 15 DJs working with him which I personally love. I know who I’m getting and what I’m getting from the start. He has video testimonials and announcing samples on his website which was super helpful.

For photography, we’re highly considering http://www.moraimaphoto.com/ – we are meeting with them at the end of the month. They are also super affordable and if you check out their blog they have some really great work.

Other than that, I’m going dress shopping in February and would love recommendations for affordable dress shops in Orlando. I am trying to save a lot of money because I’m actually going to be paying for the photographer, DJ, dress, invites, and probably the cake myself (with the help of my fiance). My parents are only helping with the reception and flowers…

If I come across any other cool stuff I will definitely share :)

11 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat January 7, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Holy cow!! And I thought I was into the wedding blogs (I’m going to be a bridesmaid and a maid of honor in the next year and a half)! Thanks for all the great resources!

12 Kara January 7, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I need you to put together a list of mommy fitness blogs so I can add to my google reader :)

13 Samma January 7, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Try Southern Weddigns Magazine’s blog- it is awesome and how I founf so mnay of my vendors. http://www.swsmag.net/

14 Beth @ Will Run for Books January 7, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I live in Chicago but am a whiz with Google and am so far way better at planning others’ weddings than my own. :) If she wants any advice/help, have her shoot me an email!

15 Beth @ Will Run for Books January 7, 2011 at 3:34 pm

By the way, thanks so much for including me!

16 Abby January 7, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I just got married in July and I practically got all of my ideas from wedding blogs. In fact, those were the first blogs I ever read- I sometimes miss reading them.

17 Amy January 7, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I hated wedding blogs when I was engaged. They did nothing but make me feel overwhelmed and inadequate. Since I wasn’t hand-lettering every name on the seating chart, or ordering my invitations from some boutique letterpress company and printing them on organic flax, or hand-sewing all the table linens and embroidering a banner with my name and my husband’s – and honestly didn’t CARE about doing any of those things – I didn’t get a lot of enjoyment out of them.

Spending so much time obsessing over your wedding day can be a double-edged sword. On one hand, it’s the most important day of your life and it is right to want every detail to look how you want it to. On the other hand, wedding planning can very easily eclipse the very thing you’re ACTUALLY preparing for – your marriage. It’s so important to maintain that perspective while you’re engaged.

18 marie January 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Dead on. It does seem like a lot of people focus more on that one day rather than the next 70 years proceeding it.

19 Emily January 7, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Agreed, agreed. I started out reading lots of wedding blogs, and then realized that they were making me feel bad about our wedding b/c it wouldn’t be “blog-worthy.” A month or two into planning, I only read two wedding blogs: A Practical Wedding and 2000 Dollar Wedding, both which focused more on marriage and having a wedding that is meaningful and personal, rather than one that is “blog pretty.” I actually *still* read those two blogs b/c they have so much to say about marriage, as well.

20 Kacy January 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm

That’s a lot of wedding blogs! She’s sure to find some help :)

21 Erin January 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Thanks for including Two Wedding Belles!!

Have fun with helping Ashley plan, lucky girl to have a super enthusiastic bridesmaid :)

22 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers January 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm

wedding blogs are AMAZING!!! the two i used the most during my planning were stylemepretty.com and weddingchicks.com – fantastic resources!

23 Amanda (Eating Up) January 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Weddings are so much fun! They’re such happy occasions!

24 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 7, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Wow what a great list of wedding resources for anyone who’s in the market for that jazz, great info!

a granola bar with a delicious pumpkin glaze on top = yes please!!!

25 Amanda January 7, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Contact Didi at http://www.didilutzpr.com. She is a PR professional specializing in hospitality, lifestyle, travel and tourism communications. She lives in Florida and is well connected! She and I went to grad school together. Tell her you’re my friend.

26 Meghann January 7, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Thanks Amanda!!! I’ll shoot her an e-mail :)

27 Emily G January 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Ooh, wedding advice. The two best things I did were 1) decide what was really, really important to me and spend money there (which for me was food, wine, & flowers) and 2) write our own vows & ceremony. Writing our own vows was a great exercise in thinking about what we were really committing to each other and more personal. Plus, we each put in a surprise “funny” vow which was great for our guests (and us) and provoked some good laughs. We’re cyclists, so his was “I promise to always wait for you at the top of the hill.”

And of course, “keep calm and carry on” – maintaining perspective is so important because things come up that you think are huge problems and later realize they really weren’t or that nobody else noticed.

Happy planning to you both (that is, you and Ashley)!

28 Kelly January 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Holy crap that’s a long list, haha. I bet she finds some great ideas!

29 Tammy January 7, 2011 at 2:48 pm

delagate delagate delagate!! I had to plan my wedding, by myself and it nearly drove me nuts. So, my best advice for her is to spend time figuring out what she wants, then delegating some of the chores to the bridesmaids or maid of honor. They can be a huge help in making phone calls or checking a place out. It will help take some of the stress out of the equation. Best of luck to her and your brother!

30 Christy January 7, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I have a question…how do you suggest finding blogs about a certain topic if you don’t use twitter? I recently had my first baby and with that came a hundred questions! If only I could find blogs about first time moms. Any suggestions?

31 Meghann January 7, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I would google what you’re searching for. Usually it’s really easy to tell which ones are the are most popular and that people are drawn to. I wish I knew more about mom blogs.

32 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! January 7, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Those pumpkin pecan granola bars are the best!! I just got married 7 months ago, and my best piece of advice would be to remember you can change almost anything (minus the dress and groom) until 2 weeks before the wedding. Vendors are super helpful and flexible so dint stress over every decision, it all works out!! :)

33 Hope January 7, 2011 at 2:53 pm

This is a great post! I love everything about weddings! I’m excited to read some of these blogs that I haven’t found yet! :)

34 Beth @ bride in the little white dress January 7, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I’m starting to plan my wedding as well, thanks for the links! Looking forward to hearing your wedding bell adventures with Ashley! :)

35 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 7, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Ooh all the wedding planning sounds like fun! I tried the Kashi pumpkin bars a while ago and thought they were really good, but it was a bit inconvenient that the topping tended to get stuck in my teeth – not sure if you found the same thing but other than that I enjoyed them! :)

36 Kristina January 7, 2011 at 2:56 pm

When I first got engaged last May, I started reading a lot of wedding blogs!

There are a lot of good ideas in these blogs, but after gathering some inspiration and ideas that I didn’t know about (Save the dates, doing a “first look” and photo-booths)….I have mostly stopped reading them. I enjoy looking at the photo boards etc. but some of the blogs that delve into every. single. detail. just make me crazy!

Just remember that the wedding does not need to be all-consuming and I think that it is important to have some fun with it all and not worry about everything being perfect!

37 Lindsey @ SoundEats January 7, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Shoot me an email if you want to talk more wedding budget stuff (or give Ashley my email) — we did ours for under $5000! While our wedding was in Sarasota, a good friend of mine did our photography and she’s now growing her own business. We still have many friends using her and I’ve heard from a couple getting married in July that she’s still very budget friendly. :) Here’s a link to her blog: http://ktcrabbphotography.com/blog/

And of course you can check out my wedding albums on facebook to see more of her pics. :)

Amazing photographers + super creative also = Becka + Nate. http://www.studio222photography.com/blog/ Not as budget friendly as Katie, but they are AMAZING.

38 Sara January 19, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Hi! We are using Studio 222 for our wedding in October and they are REALLY amazing. Not super budget friendly, but worth every single penny. Plus, Becka and Nate are really fantastic people!

Other Awesome Orlando vendors:
The Bee’s Knees Sweet Treats: http://www.beeskneessweettreats.com/
(Super awesome and CHEAP desserts. Our entire dessert table for our 120 person wedding is less than $500.)

Bella Bridesmaid: http://www.bellabridesmaid.com/
(Christa, the owner, has been the most amazing vendor to work with.)

39 Jenna H January 7, 2011 at 3:03 pm

another AMAZING website is http://www.stylemepretty.com/ it’s fantastic!

40 Megan January 7, 2011 at 3:04 pm

http://www.offbeatbride.com is another great one! There’s all KINDS of weddings on there, and tons of neat ideas on DIY projects, etc… It’s also great if you’re looking for something different from regular weddings, or want ideas on how to add your own personal style to your wedding.

41 Caroline January 7, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Has Ashley lost weight? Clearly I’ve never met her, maybe I’m just imagining things, but she looks different than in some of the pictures in your recap of 2010.

42 Meghann January 7, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I think you’re thinking of another Ashley. I have a friend named Ashley who is featured on the blog alot. :)

43 jenny in new york January 7, 2011 at 3:06 pm

omg im obsessed with style me pretty. I don’t follow it on my blogroll because… well.. im a 21 year old single girl and that’d be a little dorky. It is bookmarked though… for future use hopefully!!

44 Kaitlin January 7, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Wedding planning is SO fun, especially when you’re the bridesmaid! You’re being a great one by helping her out from the start. :)

45 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 7, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Brides Up North is another good one. It’s based in Britain but has lots of regular posts and includes “Real Weddings” with lots of pictures that can help with some ideas on what sort of reception Ashley might want.

46 Julia@ Brides Up North March 7, 2011 at 10:49 am

Hey Girls

Samantha – thanks for the link! Yes please Ashley check out Brides Up North – lots of real wedding inspiration from the UK and worldwide here – plus lots of eye candy at all price points – gorgeous favours, shoes etc!

Julia

47 Sarah January 7, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Oh, I think you missed two of my favorites- 100 Layer Cake and Style Me Pretty!
I’m not married or engaged for that matter, but I think these blogs inspire my creativity in other areas as well. Lots of luck to Ashley!

48 Matt January 7, 2011 at 3:09 pm

She has 15 months! Isn’t that awhile to be planning? LOL.

49 Matt January 7, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Remember I am a guy ;) LOL.

50 Rae January 7, 2011 at 3:11 pm

This might sound random, but check out craigslist for possible photographers and DJs. Alot of lesser knowsn run specials there-I got 1500 off my photographer and she was AMAZING!!!

51 Caitlin January 7, 2011 at 3:13 pm

She should get married at Metro West – it was so awesome.

52 anne January 7, 2011 at 3:13 pm

My advice would be to keep the wedding simple. Save your money for a fantastic honeymoon. All of those wedding blogs are great and fun to read but can also make you question every decision and feel inadequate. Preparation for marriage is much more valuable and important that the wedding.

53 Katy January 7, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I have a strange obsession with wedding blogs… here are a few more to add to your list!! I love them and they have GREAT ideas! Good luck to you guys planning thier wedding. It will be so much fun!!

100layercake
always a blogsmaid
green wedding shoes
marry you me
merci new york

54 Stacey January 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Ooh, such fun! Enjoy your bridesmaid duties; you can use it as practise for your own big day!!!

55 Coralie January 7, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I work a lot of wedding trade shows, and I’d definitely recommending making sure Ashley hits up as many as possible! You can get some great ideas for decorating, get to talk to lots of different photographers, bakers, even find some great bridesmaids/groomsmen gifts not to mention different honeymoon options.
Have fun!

56 Emma January 7, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I just got married in Central Florida in October. The best vendor I found was my photographer. She has a great blog that she updates regularly. http://www.ashleymccormick.com/. She was a splurge but worth every penny. I loved her personality and her pictures.

I would also recommend my florist: Lee Forest and my DJ: DJ Fun Factory. :)

57 Kelly January 7, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Wedding blogs are SO addicting! I fear even after my wedding in May, I’ll still read wedding blogs and watch wedding shows- no shame! My one HUGE piece of advice for Ashley (congrats BTW!) is to choose your theme/style/vibe FIRST and STICK with it. It will narrow down all your options, keep you from second guessing every decision, and will eliminate loads of stress/re-doing things later. When people say they’re stressed out over wedding planning, it’s usually a sign that they didn’t have a clear plan going in. Best of luck! ENJOY YOUR ENGAGEMENT!

58 Marika January 7, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I’m blown away by how she has a budget and a book of ideas only three weeks after getting engaged! I’ve been engaged for four months and I don’t have any of that yet! But when I do start planning I’ll probably visit a few of those links…

59 Jill E. January 7, 2011 at 3:32 pm

i am currently planning my wedding in south florida and having a fun time. trying to keep in mind the importance of the date but i am having a really great time. i am excited about all the little stuff.

as far as people in central florida my friends sister in law is a really great photographer http://www.brandyburridge.com/

60 Toronto Girl West January 7, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Thanks for including me on the list!!! :) My wedding posts can be found here: http://torontogirlwest.com/tag/wedding/

But really the one containing advice based on what I learned from planning my own wedding is right here:

61 lydia {ever ours} January 7, 2011 at 3:46 pm

thanks for including my blog!! hope it inspires her!

62 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe January 7, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I practically lived on oncewed.com when I was planning our wedding. It has tons of great DIY inspiration that looks very high end with links to tons of great photographers, planners, and concept designers. They also allow you to buy and sell used wedding dresses. You can often find designer gowns in perfect condition for thousands less than original price!

63 Elena January 7, 2011 at 3:57 pm

It sounds like she’s off to a great start! I know we had a budget/tentative guest list within a week of being engaged (which shocks some people…but we didn’t want a long engagement, and those are pretty necessary things to get started ha!). Love the links—-I got engaged on Thanksgiving (getting married this December), so already love some of ‘em, but others look exciting and new! Congrats on being a bridesmaid! :)

64 Michelle January 7, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I got married 8 years ago — so take this with a grain of salt :) My photographer (who I thought did a FABULOUS job) was Erick Runyon (http://www.ephotographics.net/). Our reception was at Rosen Centre. I loved every minute of it and planning with them was a snap. It helped that we had a hook-up and it cost way less money than anywhere else we looked! I’ve been to quite a few weddings in the Orlando area since then and my favorites were at Champions Gate, Leu Gardens, and the Orlando Museum of Art. All gorgeous locations. If wanting to get married on/at the Beach – the Hilton Cocoa does an excellent job. I’ve actually been to two weddings there.

65 Lauren January 7, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Weddings are the best. I have been planning mine for the past year and cannot believe it is only 3 months away! There is so much that goes into it, but it is such an amazing time. You will love it!

Have fun being in your first wedding.

66 Jessi @ Quirky Cookery January 7, 2011 at 4:03 pm

So how’s Ashely taking all this new exposure on the blog? I’m assuming she gave you permission to post the stuff in the first place, but we all know we’ll be seeing plenty more of her, so how’s she loving all the new input (or maybe hating that so many people are going to be watching you drool over all the details? hehe)?

67 Christin@purplebirdblog January 7, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I am so jealous of everyone eating grapefruit. I stay away because of my birth control pills! And nice wedding blog list!!

68 OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run January 7, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I have never heard that grapefruit/birth control thing. I just looked it up online because I thought, how could that be? That’s a good thing to know. Thanks!

69 Christin@purplebirdblog January 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm

It slows the absorption of estrogen, so I just avoid it altogether to be safe.

70 Amanda January 7, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Thank you for posting these. My wedding is this fall and I need all the help I can get!

71 Ashley January 7, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Thanks Meghann! This is going to be alot of help!

72 Kelli January 7, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I loved reading wedding blogs when I was engaged :) Tell Ashley not to get too worked up over all the little details. Everything will come together in the end :) promise! And really all the matters is that at the end of the day you will be married to your best friend, soul mate, life partner, etc :)

73 Bianca Valentim January 7, 2011 at 4:53 pm

You are really a great sister and awesome bridesmaid!!
Great wed blog list!! I love weddingchicks.com!
I’m a wedding photographer and I have to say that bridesmaids like you make all the difference on the wedding day, I’m sure you will be great and all the vendors will love you! :)
Looking forward to read more about the wedding planning!

74 Jessica @ The Budget Savvy Bride January 7, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Thanks for including The Budget Savvy Bride in your list! Wedding blogs can be overwhelming AND addictive but there really are tons of great resources out there. Sounds like you will be an awesome and involved bridesmaid, so your future SIL (sister-in-law) is very lucky!! :)

Oh and BTW, that food looks incredible. YUM!

75 Kim January 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I am from Tampa and I used a photographer out of the Orlando area. He is very modern and took beautiful pictures. http://www.corycallahan.com is his website, he is also on facebook if you search for cory callahan. Very reasonable prices, does a great engagement/wedding package and I loved his creative eye!

76 OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run January 7, 2011 at 5:27 pm

My friend Kristen does the most classic, beautiful pictures I’ve ever seen. She was going to do my wedding, but I up and went to Vegas. Her pictures speak for themselves. Check out the other weddings she’s done…

77 OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run January 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Oh, P.S. Maitland Art Center is about the most beautiful place I’ve found for a wedding. :-)

78 Book Worm Runs January 7, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Aww!! Such an exciting and FUN time!! :) What a great (future) sis-in-law you are for helping her out!

79 Paula January 7, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I just drooled over http://www.stylemepretty.com when I got engaged. It was definitely my go-to website when I was planning my wedding!! From dresses, to flowers, to the tiniest of details… I’ve been a bridesmaid a few times, and it’s a blast!! Have so much fun!! :)

80 laura January 7, 2011 at 6:37 pm

So glad you posted these websites. My fiancee and I are also getting married march of 2012 so this will be helpful. Thanks!

81 Emilee January 7, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I’ve been reading your blog about a year now. I have a small health food blog and I also work as a wedding planner/designer at a unique wedding venue in Dover, Florida, which is between Tampa and Lakeland, called Cross Creek Ranch. We do elegant, rustic, country weddings in a stable. I have pics on my blog, but not organized in anyway, yet. Anywho, if you ever have any questions or need advice in planning, I’d be more than happy to help.

82 christina cadden January 7, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Ashley is so pretty!

83 Shanna, like Banana January 7, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I am a professional wedding consultant on the side of my regular job and can do a lot of work virtually (pro bono because I love it).

Just contact me at engineeredelegance@gmail.com :)

84 Jess @JessCantCook January 7, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Holy crap! I’m getting married this year (no I don’t have a date, venue or dress yet :P ) and I’ve dipped my toes in the wedding blog world and found a few I like (they’re on your list) but I’m interested to look at a few more. Thank you for putting this list together!!

85 Allie January 7, 2011 at 8:36 pm

You are such a good future sister in law :) I love how you are into wedding blogs now and found so many awesome ones! Thanks so much for sharing!!! The left over paella looks delish :)

86 Cynthia January 7, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I found a lot of great things on http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com while planning my wedding. When you register and go on the Forum there are tons of Do-it-yourself and pictures of the things they made or what their weddings looked like. Enjoy planning with your sister-in-law!

87 ezzie January 7, 2011 at 8:44 pm

That grapefruit looks so juicy and delicious! One of my friend’s parents from church have a grapefruit tree, so time for me to go beg for some~ :P

88 BroccoliHut January 7, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Totally bookmarking this for future reference:)
Although I must admit, I had my color scheme, dress, and ring picked out by the time I was 18. That’s what having two older sisters will do to ya!

89 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 7, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I lived on the knot.com when I was engaged!!! I love wedding blogs!

90 Jane January 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Tell Ashley I’m a March 2012 bride too!:) A Practical Wedding is by FAR my favorite. Lots of intelligent ladies over there. I also like Offbeat Bride, and honestly, theknot.com has some great checklists if you are into lists (I certainly am).
And you are SUCH a good future-sister-in-law! I don’t get one of those, just a brother-in-law, but my stepsister has already bought her bridesmaids dress…no one else has even looked yet. She’s very motivated.

91 Holley January 7, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I live in Orlando and had my wedding at the Lake Mary Events Center – it was a great location! Recently remodeled, right on a lake, gorgeous rotunda and reasonably priced compared to a lot of places in the Orlando area. I also highly recommend Vision’s Media. I used them as my videographer and they did an awesome job – the editing was great and they made it like a real movie!

92 erin January 7, 2011 at 10:01 pm

theknot.com saved me during my wedding…i would spend hours on it…pass it along to her..she will kiss you for it!!

93 kathleen January 7, 2011 at 10:19 pm

i used to love reading “a practical wedding” and then we went to the courthouse and got hitched. i haven’t really read it since. such a great blog.

94 Lacey @ Lake Life January 7, 2011 at 10:45 pm

That’s interesting about the Kashi bar name change. I wonder if they did that to make it sound more “healthy”.

95 Margo January 7, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Ooooh! I got engaged on Christmas, and I am in the same boat as Ashley. I have the budget and guest list, but now what?! So happy you posted the list of blogs. Thank you! :-)

96 Mish (Pursuit of Happiness) January 7, 2011 at 11:50 pm

Love this! Would love to be getting married! I’ve just started to blog about how to find love… help???

97 Marg January 7, 2011 at 11:56 pm

I’m my sisters MOH and have been following a lot of those blogs. My reader is full of those and photographers! I really, really like Becca and Nate in Orlando.

98 allyson January 8, 2011 at 12:05 am

I just got married September 2009. I was training for an Ironman and planning a wedding within 6weeks of each other, def overwhelming and wanted nothing to do with wedding plannng. Got married at the park we run at, each table was named after a race we’ve done! Thankfully my husband stepped in, we did most of our research on theknot.com though.

99 Beth January 8, 2011 at 12:31 am

Beautiful grapefruit salad! weddinggawker.com is pretty cool, too, if just for ideas and inspiration.

100 Leslie Moore January 8, 2011 at 7:03 am

I highly recommend for photography, Perfect Sky in Orlando, he will make your wedding into a movie, so awesome. do not skimp on this, your kids will love to watch the video later when you have kids!

101 Carolyn @ one lazy bride January 8, 2011 at 7:27 am

I thought I had scoured the net in the process of planning for a September wedding, but there are definitely some new suggestions here. Awesome!

102 Liz January 8, 2011 at 10:36 am

Meghann–Jen Adams was our photographer, and she did a fabulous job for an amazing price! http://www.jenadamsphoto.com/ We did our wedding at Leu Gardens and we loved it, but it’s a tough venue to book because it’s fairly in demand. My wedding pictures are on Facebook if Ashley wants to see them–neither Bryan nor I are particularly photogenic and Jen made us look great!

103 Jaclyn January 8, 2011 at 2:55 pm

The Knot is a fun one! And then there’s The Nest and (when the time is right) The Bump. Fabulous distractions all!

I’ve been married for 5 1/2 years which is not all that long in the grand scheme of things, but long enough that I feel like I’ve learned a couple of things. I married on the young side (23) and I knew going in that marriage takes work. One thing I tell my friends as they, one by one, get engaged and married is this – your wedding is a very special day, and of course you want it to be perfect, but don’t lose sight of what it’s really about: celebrating the commitment you are making to each other. There’s something more important than the wedding, and that’s the marriage. It’s easy to get caught up in those (fun!) wedding details, but always remember that the wedding is one day, and the marriage is the rest of your life. Don’t get too wrapped up in the wedding day. I remember, on my wedding day, there were mistakes. Our priest lost our vows (my husband had to pull them off the computer 5 minutes before the ceremony), my cousin messed up her reading, and two people (besides me) wore white dresses – gasp! I didn’t let any of that silly stuff distract me from what I was really doing – making a promise before God and all of our family and friends to love and respect and be faithful to my best friend for the rest of my life. I’m sure Ben and Ashley’s wedding will be beautiful. And then they will wake up together the next day, and every day after that for the rest of their lives, and that will be beautiful too. Cheers!

104 Valerie from Love and Running January 8, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I am getting married in 10 months ahhhh! I loved all of the wedding blogs you posted :) they will help a lot!!!

105 Charise January 11, 2011 at 10:19 am

My advice would be to know what she (and your brother!) really want out their wedding (what they want the overall feel of the day/weekend to be and the main goal of THEY WILL BE MARRIED AT THE END OF IT), as well as which things are really important to them (e.g., food, music, photography, specific location, etc.) and when things get stressful to go back to those ideas to realize if it is something worth stressing about or spending more money on.

And to not think your wedding has to be “blogworthy” like you see on so many of those gorgeous sites. It’s not the important part. ;)

106 Rachel January 12, 2011 at 8:58 pm

My favorite wedding vendor in “Orlando is Fashions and Flowers” on Colonial Drive: 10063 East Colonial Drive. I got a bridesmaid dress there for my cousin’s wedding in 1998; my prom dress there in 2000; shopped for a wedding dress there when I was engaged in college in 2002; and eventually bought my beautiful wedding dress there in 2006. Each time I visited after that first time, they remembered me and were always so, so nice. They have dresses in all price ranges and tons of bridesmaid dresses, accessories, flowers (as you can guess by the name) etc. I can’t say enough great things about that little shop!

107 Jenny Pargeon April 11, 2011 at 7:28 am

Hey Meghann,

Let Ashley know that I have lots of great photographers, florist, cake shops, etc. information in Central Florida that she could look into!!!! Since I am going through it right now, I am more than happy to share that info:-) Let me know!!!!!!!!

108 Claire May 15, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I just got married and know exactly what it’s like to plan a wedding! Even better, my wedding was in March too!!

109 marry October 20, 2011 at 1:17 pm

may be we can share about wedding and marriage! thanks for your inspirations