Bun? We don’t need no stinkin’ bun.

by Meghann on January 4, 2011

IMG_3624

Don’t you know left over sausage and sweet potato fries make awesome salad toppers as well?

IMG_3619

Seriously. πŸ™‚

The Base:

• Arugula

The Toppings:

• Apple Chicken Sausage
  • Sweet Potato Fries
  • Havarti Cheese
  • Tomato
  • Pecans

Dressing:

• Ketchup
  • Honey Mustard
  • (trust me on this one)

IMG_3616

Ok, Ok – carbs were missing.

Enter cornbread.

IMG_3618

Lunch is now complete.

IMG_3612

A little somthin’ somethin’ extra.

IMG_3629

πŸ˜‰

I had some Cheddar Pop Chips (freebie from the company) as a snack this morning.

IMG_3611

Life is crazy.

That is all.

1 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 4, 2011 at 1:46 pm

<3 Ghirardelli peppermint bark.

2 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 4, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Haha your life IS crazy! πŸ˜›

Ketchup AND mustard! Likin the sound of that crazy dressing! Also love the pecans on the salad…what a great idea! πŸ™‚
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..2011 goals and your feedback neeeded!

3 Beth @ Will Run for Books January 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Nom…that looks delicious…and I don’t even eat sausage!
Beth @ Will Run for Books recently posted..Jan &amp Weekly Goals

4 Megan @ AVeryMegGirl January 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm

O M G Ketchup on your salad I love you for doing that! I thought I was the only crazy person in american for did that!!!

5 Rachel January 4, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I’m not sure if I could do ketchup on a salad. But you are totally correct with Life being Crazy!
Rachel recently posted..45 minutes

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 4, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I totally agree, life is crazy! It’s my first day back to work and I have been one very busy girl so far. What happened to easing back into things?! πŸ™‚ Good thing we have tasty lunches to keep us going.
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..2011- Here I Come

7 Kelly January 4, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Haha you come up with the craziest things to eat. I do love those chicken sausages though.
Kelly recently posted..Rookie Mistake

8 Hope January 4, 2011 at 1:59 pm

That salad looks so good! Yum! I love Ghirardelli peppermint bark. Yummy!
Hope recently posted..Food Poisioning And BRAT…

9 Danielle @ InDeesKitchen January 4, 2011 at 2:03 pm

LOL the title just cracks me up!!

10 Lauren January 4, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Mm peppermint bark. My sister went to Ghiradelli square in San Fran this week, she better bring me back some chocolate!
Lauren recently posted..Spice Shack

11 Allie January 4, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Love weird dressings!! I like BBQ sauce as a dressing and in my tuna sandwiches hahaha
Allie recently posted..My life in 30 days- day 17

12 Christin@purplebirdblog January 4, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Ketchup and mustard as dressing could totally work. I was always the kid that mixed them together for corn dog dipping growing up, so why not toss em both on top of a salad?! πŸ™‚
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Musing on Misspellings

13 kristy @ kristyruns.com January 4, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Now I want cornbread. And more info about the craziness you are blogging and tweeting about. πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..1-1-11

14 Sana January 4, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I had the same peppermint bark last night, sooo good. Life is cray cray.
Sana recently posted..Struggles

15 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 4, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Your lunch looks amazing! Sweet potato fries go with everything πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

16 Jae January 4, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Mustard is my favorite dressing. As one who counts calories, I get to get off scott free with this one πŸ™‚ Have you ever tried mixing ketchup with mustard to get that orange mixture? I used to do it as a kid and it blew my socks off. πŸ™‚

17 Lindsey January 4, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Delicious looking salad! Not sure about ketchup as a salad dressing… but I’m willing to try it at least once!

18 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 4, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Hope your day settles down into less than craziness πŸ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Stevia Fan- Cooking &amp Baking with Stevia

19 Jaclyn January 4, 2011 at 2:50 pm

good idea to make mini muffins instead of a loaf of cornbread – easier freezing and re-eating htat way!

Sorry for craziness, hope it slows down a little!

20 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 4, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Hmmmm.. ketchup and mustard as dressing? I won’t knock it till I try it I guess. πŸ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

21 Jen January 4, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Looks delicious!!! Love peppermint bark, it’s my favorite kind of treat πŸ™‚

Jen
Jen recently posted..Ringing in 2011

22 Allison @ PickyEatingRD January 4, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Your meal looks so complete and balanced just not sure I could do the mustard and ketchup thing!!

23 Kelly January 4, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I love sweet potato fries on salad. Roasted chickpeas + sweet pot fries + goat cheese + spinach = my favorite. πŸ™‚

24 Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen January 4, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I no longer feel weird about loving to use BBQ sauce for salad dressing. πŸ™‚

25 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 4, 2011 at 3:47 pm

oooh I love lunches like these – YUMMO!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Last day of β€œfreedom”

26 Ali January 4, 2011 at 3:49 pm

I love honey mustard dressing & the peppermint bark squares. Yum, looks like a delicious lunch! πŸ™‚

27 Stephanie January 4, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Ketchup on a salad? I would say gross. But I put ketchup on eggs and EVERYONE thinks that weird. So maybe I’ll like it. πŸ™‚
Stephanie recently posted..White Bean Bolognese

28 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean January 4, 2011 at 4:21 pm

sweet potato fries on salad is a GENIUS idea πŸ™‚

29 Stefanie January 4, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Love mustard as a dressing! And I just had sweet potato on my salad for lunch! So good! πŸ™‚

30 Rebekah January 4, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Sweet Potato is so awesome as a salad topper!!!! and with a little bit of goat cheese it makes it even better πŸ™‚

31 tulip January 4, 2011 at 4:36 pm

You’re very good for food inspiration – I’m learning to make the most of leftovers being on a student budget!
tulip recently posted..Sugar Baby

32 Kacy January 4, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Love that Popchips flavor!

33 Kaitlin January 4, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Yum! I had sweet potatoes in my salad at Whole Foods for lunch today, extra yummy with ketchup!
Kaitlin recently posted..3 Store Grocery Shopping

34 Kara January 4, 2011 at 5:33 pm

You always put together the most creative salads and meals. I’d never think to do have the flavor combos that you do!
Kara recently posted..Chilly morning run

35 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 4, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Great meal! I am totally stealing that idea πŸ˜‰
Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner recently posted..It Was Hilly Today

36 Jessi @ Quirky Cookery January 4, 2011 at 6:36 pm

The salad looks so delicious, even if I wasn’t really expecting the ketchup/mustard dressing, hehe.
Jessi @ Quirky Cookery recently posted..The Cheeseburger Cocktail – Classiest bar food ever

37 ezzie January 4, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I’m always open to trying out new things, and so the whole mustard on a salad thing sound pretty interesting. I guess I’ll have to see for myself! πŸ™‚
ezzie recently posted..Late New Year’s Post

38 kristen January 4, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Yummy looking lunch! How were the pop chips? I’ve been wanting to try them but hard to find even in the health food aisle.

39 Lauren @ Team Giles January 4, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I love a big bowl of, everything πŸ™‚ Pop chips are heavenly and now I’m craving peppermint bark. oh snap.
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..Reasons why YOU should be Zumba’ing!

40 BroccoliHut January 4, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I love making burger salads with sweet potato fries on the side–Broccoli Hut stand-by:)
Hope life calms down a bit!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Crock Pot SOS

41 Tessa January 5, 2011 at 7:27 am

I’ve never tried pop chips, or popped chips or whatever they’re called. Are they gluten free? And most importantly, are they good???
Tessa recently posted..Current Obsession

42 Meghann January 5, 2011 at 3:55 pm

They don’t specifically say gluten free on them, so I’m not sure.

I’m a fan of the flavored ones, but the plain and salt and pepper ones are really blah. πŸ™‚

43 Lacey @ Lake Life January 5, 2011 at 8:29 pm

I was thinking ketchup and mustard would be gross on salad, but lettuce works on a burger so that actually sounds pretty good!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..In here- it’s always Friday