Move Over

by Meghann on January 3, 2011

Move over Grande Non-Fat Awake Tea Latte with One Pump of Pumpkin Spice – there’s a new drink in town and this one is amazing.

Let me introduce you to the Grande Non-Fat Awake Tea Latte with One Pump of MOCHA.

IMG_3551

Yep. MOCHA. In an awake tea latte. Epic.

Since Pumpkin Spice has ended it’s run for the season (sad face), my new goal is to try a new pump of flavored syrup each time I go. So far I can tell you the addition of Mocha is a true winner. The single pump gave the tea a hint of chocolate richness that made me feel all warm and happy inside. I want to curl up in front of a fireplace in the mountains with this drink. 😉

I’ll let you know how this future experimenting goes. I love a new challenge. 😉

For lunch today I paired a simple wrap with apple slices.

IMG_3553

The wrap contained pinto beans, cheese, salsa, arugula, tomato slices, and mushrooms. The salsa was the kicker here – it moistened the wrap and gave each bit a spicy kick.

IMG_3559

The apple slices were fresh and crisp. I think apple slices might be my favorite side item of all time. 🙂

IMG_3560

Back to work!

1 Kacy January 3, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I never get tea at Starbucks. Might have to try that!
Kacy recently posted..Bye bye sparkle

2 kristy @ kristyruns.com January 3, 2011 at 4:16 pm

I would never think of adding syrup to tea! You are bold, missy! It will be hard to break away from my beloved gingerbread latte and try something new… 😉
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..1-1-11

3 Heather @ Side of Sneakers January 3, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Mm the awake tea latte is really good with cinnamon dolce in it too 😉
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Pancakes

4 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 3, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Thank you for the review of the mocha syrup! I love syrups. Really there is not one I’ve ever met and not liked…haha 🙂 Something sweet + coffee = success!

Seriously tho, thanks for the review!
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Energy and Sleep Supplements – Thoughts

5 Christin@purplebirdblog January 3, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I bet that mocha addition totally rocked… I have had a couple of chocolate flavored teas in the past and with some coconut milk creamer they have been amazeballs good!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Musing on Misspellings

6 allie January 3, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Sorry for probably a stupid question, but what exactly is a tea latte? I’m from Australia and have never seen them before!! Is it like tea but with frothy milk?

7 Julie (Food & Other Things) January 3, 2011 at 4:27 pm

I would never have thought of adding mocha to tea, but it sounds really good! I’ve never had the tea lattes at Starbucks before, I’ll have to try them sometime!

8 Hope January 3, 2011 at 4:31 pm

That tea sounds so good! I think Mocha would add so much flavor to the tea. I must try it! I agree with you on apple slices being a good snack. They are filling too.
Hope recently posted..Food Poisioning And BRAT…

9 Biz January 3, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Are all of those pumps sugar free? I’ve had the sugar free vanilla, but wasn’t sure if that was the only one – Starbucks is a once in a while treat for me! 😀
Biz recently posted..Weekend Recap and Winner!

10 Megan January 3, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I am sold….going to try your new Starbucks creation!

11 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 3, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I’m not a tea person, but the mocha syrup sounds yum! Tempted to try that in ma coffee if we get it over here in the UK…
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..2011 goals and your feedback neeeded!

12 Whitney January 3, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I need to try an awake tea! Sounds delish.

13 Ashley January 3, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Pumpkins gone T-T I love pumpkin spice, I’m sad to see it go.
Ashley recently posted..Scandalous- Black Swan

14 Sara January 3, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Ok, i NEED to try this!!!!
Sara recently posted..Resolve too…

15 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 3, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Mmmmm…. sounds delicious! I’ll have to try that the next time I’m at Starbucks!

16 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 3, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I’m not a Starbucks drinker, but that sounds good! Even though I’ve never tried it, I’m sad to hear that pumpkin spice syrup is gone. That means the holidays are really over!

17 Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat January 3, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Can’t go wrong with chocolate- I like your style!

18 Kara January 3, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I would have never thought to add mocha to tea, but I can see how that would work! I’ve even seen chocolate tea (Numi brand, I think) and you’d probably really like that!

19 Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf January 3, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Looking at that wrap makes me hungry, specifically for a burrito.

I could really go for a Chipotle or Freebirds burrito right now!
Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf recently posted..New Year- New Beginnings

20 Allie January 3, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I think almost any drink at starbucks is a winner… for real! So yummy and perfect like every time 🙂 The wrap you made for lunch looks soo delicious.. along with crunchy apple slice, perfect! Hope your Monday went gooood!
Allie recently posted..My life in 30 days- day 17

21 ezzie January 3, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Love fresh apple slices! I’m eating the sweetest, most crisp Fuji apple as I type this. Yum.
ezzie recently posted..Late New Year’s Post

22 ezzie January 3, 2011 at 5:55 pm

ezzie recently posted..Late New Year’s Post

23 erica January 3, 2011 at 5:57 pm

i didn’t even know you could add flavors to teas! i’m going to have to try that the next time i go!
erica recently posted..i guess he liked it…

24 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 3, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Pumpkin spice is gone? 🙁
Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner recently posted..Return To The Pool

25 Maddi January 3, 2011 at 6:30 pm

dont get me started on how much i LOVE apples….if my family could afford for me to have one with every meal i would…cant get enough! 😉 ive never had an awake tea…i will have to try that, do you know the nutrition info for something like that? no biggie if you dont! 😉
Maddi

26 Katie January 3, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm that sounds great! I never got any tea besides green tea, their zen kind at starbucks, might have to switch it up! : )
Katie recently posted..Whole Lot of Love

27 christina cadden January 3, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Your wrap looks so good!

28 Emily January 3, 2011 at 7:24 pm

FYI – in barista lingo mocha just means chocolate:) Chocolate black tea? You are SO adventurous!!

29 Erika @ FoodFitnessFun January 3, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I agree apples make the perfect side for any meal! Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, they even taste good dipped in PB Swirl ice cream. So good! 🙂
Erika @ FoodFitnessFun recently posted..New Year’s Resolutions 2011

30 Danielle @ FoodBoogie January 3, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I love new Starbucks ideas… thanks! Tea + mocha sounds amazing 🙂

31 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life January 3, 2011 at 8:48 pm

What a fun and achievable “resolution” to try a different syrup each time! Keep us posted on your next favorite combination.

32 Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 3, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Chocolate makes EVERYTHING better!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..2010

33 Lauren January 3, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Sounds delightful! The tea and lunch.
Lauren recently posted..Party Like its a Russian New Year

34 Tessa January 3, 2011 at 9:35 pm

crisp, crisp, crispy apple! thats all i can think about
Tessa recently posted..FYI

35 Rachel January 3, 2011 at 10:18 pm

The Awake Tea Latte with Pumpkin has totally become my second favorite Starbucks drink (I will always be a coffee girl at heart, but this tea comes REALLY close). I would have never thought to try it had I not seen it on your blog! I don’t know what I’ll do when my Starbucks runs out of pumpkin – I don’t like Mocha; my next move may be sugar free vanilla!

36 s January 3, 2011 at 10:24 pm

that mocha awake latte sounds good. i might have to try it soon.

37 Kelsey January 3, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I’ll be running the marathon in Disney this Sunday. Thanks for the tips! Any recommendations on where to eat in Orlando the night before for a good pre-race meal? Thanks!

38 Meghann January 4, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Depends where you’re staying – anything on property is going to be nuts! If you have a car though you should check out Flippers right outside Disney Property on lake Buena Vista. I ate there last year before the marathon and there were no crowds at all.

39 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 3, 2011 at 10:49 pm

I bet Starbucks had never heard that one before 😉
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..a wheaty surprise!

40 Sana January 4, 2011 at 12:20 am

I always change the Starbucks recipe with less syrup and I just love how much better it tastes!
Sana recently posted..Struggles

41 Duchess of Fork January 4, 2011 at 7:20 am

Those apple and chicken sausages are the best! I always pick some up at Publix.
Duchess of Fork recently posted..3 Ingredient Turkey Burgers

42 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 4, 2011 at 8:32 am

I’d have to try that drink…I’m a bit skeptical, not gonna lie. Although, I’m not really a fan of tea with dairy to being with.

43 Heather January 5, 2011 at 8:49 am

at the end of your syrup tasting, can you do a post detailing the taste testing, which ones you liked, which ones you didn’t care for, ones you would try again, and ones you are probably going to be ordering all the time?

44 Meghann January 5, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Yes! It’s going to take me a while to round up enough info for the post, but at the end of my experiment I’ll fill everyone in. 🙂