Let the month of fitness deals begin!

by Meghann on January 3, 2011

It’s that time of year again..

EversaveDeal

LivingSocialDeal

GroupOn

See a pattern here?

It’s the time of year where advertisers take advantage of all the New Years Resolution-ers and bombard our inboxes, magazines, and television with the latest ‘get your butt in shape’ propaganda. Yep, it’s January and the month of fitness crazes has officially begun.

Not that I’m one to complain. I love trying all types of fitness and am looking forward to taking advantage of the next month of deals. The best part is most of these are good for at least a year, so I can purchase them now, skip the January crowds, and use them when I need motivation during the hot and sticky summer months.

Like this one.

vixendeal

Before enrolling in pole-dancing classes, carousel horses only moved up and down, greatly constricting the Pony Express’s delivery area. Move in new ways with today’s Groupon: for $30, you get to attend any four regularly scheduled classes at Vixen Fitness (an $84 value).

I’ll admit it – I’m interested. A couple of years ago my sister purchased a private pole dancing class for my birthday and it was challenge, but a really fun work out. I would love to try more classes at a different studio. Who knows? Maybe I’ll learn a thing or two. 😉

Any great deals popping up where you’re at?

No deals needed this morning here. My work out was free thanks to my running shoes and the ability to run around my neighborhood at no extra charge.

I kicked off my first full week back at work with a 4 mile run around the block. Don’t hate me, but I did the run in a tank top and shorts and was perfectly comfortable. The weather is suppose to stay like this the rest of the week. Yippee!

Breakfast came in the form of cereal.

IMG_3542

• 1/2 cup Jumbo Rice Krispies
  • 1/2 cup Flax Flakes
  • 1/4 cup Uncle Sam Cereal
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • Strawberries
  • Raisins

IMG_3550

It felt wrong leaving sleeping Maddie and Derek this morning (he returns to work tomorrow), but it’s nice to be back at my desk. Now it really feels like 2011 has begun! 🙂

1 Megan @ AVeryMegGirl January 3, 2011 at 8:57 am

I was tempted to buy a few of the Fitness Deals I saw this mornign as well! But one of my goals is to save money in 2011. So they are a little contradicting!

Happy New Year Meghann!
Megan @ AVeryMegGirl recently posted..2011 Baby!

2 michelle January 3, 2011 at 8:57 am

Shorts and a tank…. I’m jealous

I haven’t spotted any good deals yet but I’ll be heading to the gym shortly and I’m sure it’s going to be packed.
michelle recently posted..Eugene Marathon

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 3, 2011 at 8:58 am

Hehe I’d be curious about the Vixen Fitness one too! I’m already a regular at my gym (and an employee) but I’m definitely upping my yoga participation this year…. starting in about 1 hour!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..2011- Here I Come

4 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun January 3, 2011 at 8:59 am

We had two of the same sort of deals up here in Atlanta for dancing and fitness classes. And then one for a massage. I hope to find one for a yoga studio in my area sometime. They have deals, but they expire before I would be able to use them after baby.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..The Last Day

5 Megan January 3, 2011 at 8:59 am

Always a lot of fitness deals around the Dallas area this time of year! Your breakfast looks yummy! I am actually kind of excited getting back to work again…the Holidays were fun, but there is something about routine that I love.

6 Carolina January 3, 2011 at 9:00 am

I’m loving the fitness deals! Though I’ve never been to Vixen I have several friends that go there & they absolutely love the classes! I think I’m going to buy the deal & check out some of their pole classes, why not right? 🙂

The deal for Studio K is fantastic, I know the owner of the studio & the people there are great. Only downfall for me its so far away from where I live, not too convenient. If you ever want to check out Studio K though, the first class is always free!

7 Meghann January 3, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I just bought the Vixen deal! Get it and we can try it out together!

8 Carolina January 3, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I actually got it earlier today — lets go! Email me & we’ll pick a class. Yay, I’m glad you got this, it’s easier to go to class w/ a buddy.

9 kristy @ kristyruns.com January 3, 2011 at 9:00 am

Isn’t that the great thing about running? It’s (mostly) free and you never have to worry about crowds! 🙂
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..1-1-11

10 grocery goddess jen January 3, 2011 at 9:00 am

I can’t believe Derek still isn’t back at work! And I can’t believe you wore a tank top and shorts. Oh, Florida.
grocery goddess jen recently posted..The Real First Post of 2011

11 Stephanie January 3, 2011 at 9:05 am

I do hate you. I haven’t been able to run outside for at least a month! My lungs hate that cold air.
Stephanie recently posted..Top 10 of 2010! plus- Chickpeas and Orzo

12 Heather @ Side of Sneakers January 3, 2011 at 9:12 am

There’s lots of gym membership discounts this week around here….and the gym is a scary plus to navigate this week too haha.
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..Just Do It

13 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 January 3, 2011 at 9:21 am

I’ll be doing my workout in shorts and a t-shirt as well. Don’t you just love Florida? It’s supposed to be in the low 70’s/high 60’s here all week!
breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 recently posted..Sinusitis and songs

14 Allison @ PickyEatingRD January 3, 2011 at 9:41 am

I work at a gym and the deals are ridiculous. The number of people who have already walked through the door this morning is insane!!!

15 Ashley January 3, 2011 at 9:54 am

No hate. It’s warm here too. After the tons of snow last week I’m sooo welcoming it. Your cereal looks good as always!
Ashley recently posted..Scandalous- Black Swan

16 Christin@purplebirdblog January 3, 2011 at 10:15 am

I love the Uncle Sam cereal! I haven’t bought any in a hot minute and need to rectify that!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Date Night- Some Soup- and a Potholder

17 Kacy January 3, 2011 at 10:17 am

I haven’t seen any good deals yet but I’m hoping some yoga groupons will pop up!

18 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 3, 2011 at 10:20 am

Ugh, I don’t want to go to work today either!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

19 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 3, 2011 at 10:24 am

Thank goodness the weather is going to stay like this for the remainder of the week. I’ll be at Disney on Saturday for the half- marathon!
Have a great day! 🙂
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

20 Morgan @ Becoming Rooks January 3, 2011 at 10:30 am

A friend of mine does pole dancing classes once a week and aside from the huge bruises (she does inversions) she’s in amazing shape! I hope I start seeing some class deals on our local social deals sites!
Morgan @ Becoming Rooks recently posted..2011 Goals

21 Melissa January 3, 2011 at 10:31 am

My gym was hoppin this morning! I had to park wayyy in the back of the lot it was so crowded.
Melissa recently posted..New Year- New Blog

22 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 3, 2011 at 10:34 am

I do not want to work today either 🙁

No classes for me! I will save my money and run for free!
Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner recently posted..What Is In My Fridge

23 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) January 3, 2011 at 10:36 am

The Groupon deal I saw in my inbox for Vegas today is $45 for 60 days of unlimited hot yoga and pilates. It’s a really awesome deal, and even better compared to the $30/30 days unlimited deal that I got last year. (:
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..Happy New Year!

24 KristineFitness January 3, 2011 at 10:38 am

Jealous of your nice weather 🙂
The joys of Canadian winters only last so long 😉
KristineFitness recently posted..Smoothie Lovin’ and Vegan Proteins

25 Allison January 3, 2011 at 10:39 am

My gym was insane today! So many people. I’m glad everyone is getting fit, I just wish it wasn’t at my gym, haha. I had the day off today, so I went in a little later, but I’m hoping no one will be in at my 5:30 am workout time tomorrow!
Allison recently posted..New Years Goals!

26 Kelly January 3, 2011 at 10:39 am

It was almost 60 here in VA on Saturday, so I won’t hate you too much, although it was 22 this morning when I got up.
Kelly recently posted..Feeling Blue

27 Nikki T January 3, 2011 at 10:40 am

I’m SO happy to hear the weather is turning around…I’m hoping it stays that way from Jan 10-20th!!
I’m totally feeling your pain on resetting the alarm…430am is just SO early!! But 1 hour of bootcamp later, I feel nice and energized for my first day back at my desk!

28 Cynthia January 3, 2011 at 10:40 am

Sooo jealous of you running in shorts and tank top!! I would have to wear 10 of them and I would still be cold 🙂 Enjoy your first full work week !!
Cynthia recently posted..Productive day!!

29 Jen G. January 3, 2011 at 10:42 am

I went to a pole dancing class for a bachelorette party a few years ago. The sister of the bride made the mistake of scheduling dinner afterward at the Melting Pot. We could barely move our arms, much less reach toward the fondue pot in the middle of the table!

30 Haleigh January 3, 2011 at 10:48 am

I’ve never been to a pole dancing class, but it sounds like a blast for something to do with girl friends 🙂
Haleigh recently posted..Two Thousand and Eleven

31 Amanda January 3, 2011 at 10:51 am

Detroit LivingSocial was fitness (One Month of Unlimited Boot Camp Classes and Personal Training). Groupon was not (Up to 68% Off Tanning). Not to mention fake tanning…yuck!

32 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 3, 2011 at 10:54 am

Trying to fight the hatred here in freezing England! 😛
Yep, definitely fitness crazy! My gym was packed and every other ad on the TV is for exercise DVDs!
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..2011 goals and your feedback neeeded!

33 Shanna, like Banana January 3, 2011 at 11:13 am

I would take a pole dancing class…sounds like fun 😉
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..A year long to-do list

34 Ann January 3, 2011 at 11:43 am

I got a great deal! 10 Bikram yoga classes for $39 when one class is like $18 or $20 (can’t remember). Now I need to get motivated to start going… Hope your first day back at work goes well!
Ann recently posted..Part Deux of New Orleans Trip

35 Sana January 3, 2011 at 11:53 am

Derek has had a long vacay with you, I hope you enjoyed it!

36 Lindsey January 3, 2011 at 12:00 pm

I want to know more about the jumbo rice crispies… your breakfast looks especially delicious today!
Lindsey recently posted..Quiet Start

37 Kelly January 3, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Thank goodness the weather is nice! I’m running the Disney Marathon on Sunday and I’ve been crossing my fingers that Orlando doesn’t have a repeat of what happened last year.
Kelly recently posted..Deceivingly vegetarian

38 Whitney January 3, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Pole Dancing classes are amazing! I have went more than once, but the best experience was an old studio that had been renovated in Detroit. Best workout ever (arms! OUCH!) & on top of that I felt sexy and confident. I am working to become a personal trainer and may have to try and add this in too! It’s so empowering!

39 Katherine: Unemployed January 3, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I did a pole-dancing class once and it was actually fun but not a calorie-burner. the surprising thing is what other people wear to the classes!
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Ozzy and Sharon Ozborne

40 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life January 3, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Your Groupon and other deals are much better than the ones we get in NYC which seem to be all about teeth whitening and waxing. How about something fun once in awhile?! Enjoy the pole dancing if you do it–I’ve done it before, and even took some private lessons, and it was really interesting. Not your typical workout or experience by any means!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Love this dress!

41 LauraJayne January 3, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I had a bad attitude this morning at the gym as the locker room was FULL, instead of somewhat quiet at 5 am – but I realized that I should be happy that people are trying to get healthy and change their lives! Bad attitudes away, I’ll try to be super-nice to help them feel like a part of our morning gym community which maybe will help them to keep coming back after the new year’s resolution motivation wears off!
I’m actually taking advantage of one of these deals myself – start a 30 introductory pass for Bikram Yoga – I’m excited and BEYOND scared!
LauraJayne recently posted..Recipe of the Week – Five-Spice Tofu

42 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 3, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Thank you for the awesome hookup w/ the fitness deals and info!

Deals here? Yes, I have been doing yoga at home…it’s free and I can schedule it whenever I want to…haha 🙂
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Energy and Sleep Supplements – Thoughts

43 Emilie @livetoeatrunforfun January 3, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I bought 40 Bikram classes for 40$ awhile ago on Groupon in my area!!! I couldn’t believe it. It doesn’t expire til the summer so I’m going to save it for February when it’s absolutely FRIGID outside (I live in Canada). I love a deal!

44 Kayla January 3, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I wish there were fitness deals around me, heck I wish there were more fitness classes around me! Although I am starting Zumba tomorrow. A girl I was in training with at work had the Flirty Girl dvd and she used to talk about it during training, that was a little awkward, lol.
Kayla recently posted..Turn It Off

45 Whitney January 4, 2011 at 7:24 am

even though oatmeal is not your thing yet it consumes the blog world I still feel you make the best looking breakfast .
Whitney recently posted..New Year- Great Start

46 Alina @ Duty Free Foodie January 4, 2011 at 9:27 am

I haven’t seen anything that has appealed to me recently, but I did sign up for two pole dancing classes a few months ago, and I am going to most likely take them in the next couple of months. Pole dancing sounds like a fun workout!
Alina @ Duty Free Foodie recently posted..Pad Thai is Back

47 kathleen January 4, 2011 at 10:12 am

I had a gym membership while living in Boston and January was the worst! The gym would go from no one there in December to having to wait for cardio machines in January but by February it was empty again. I guess people really lose their enthusiasm by February?
kathleen recently posted..I broke my spatula today

{ 1 trackback }